Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23645 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

What do you want to see in the upcoming Batman Telltale game?

Mr___death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Personally i hope we get to explore the detective side of "the worlds greatest DETECTIVE". What do you want to see?

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I know what i don't want to see !!! The Joker !!!

Mr___death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr___death: Joker removed.

And I know there's gonna be a CRAP TON of detective crime scenes and shite since it's a telltale game and what else would they do to make it interesting?

But I would like for them to actually get Batman DOWN-PACK. Like, don't degrade him and make him lose to FREAKING penguin in a 1v1!! I saw the Batman AS(Animated Series, and he lost to penguin IN A 1v1 I WAS SO FREAKIN DONE! I stopped watching the AS.

But primarily, I hope they get his fighting right and not have him almost lose to like 3 slow bad guy thugs(Or take 3 hours to beat them), and I hope they get his smarts down-pack, and make him a legit strategist and tactician and outsmart foes. And make him a great person in general as a character, not just fighting but a great character as always.

I just REALLY hope they narrow Batman down to the best of his ability and not have him fight DS and lose in 3 seconds and use the excuse "HE'S SUPERHUMAN". Like... Batman fights SH's on a daily basis..

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rogueshadow  Moderator

Telltale is perfectly geared in so many ways to get a full blown WGD Batman. They can't compete with the likes of Arkham in terms of combat, they're gonna hit hard with the detective aspect and hopefully have a thrilling and engaging mystery story...

ndisnyjj55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More Bruce Wayne

road_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By road_warrior

more batcave

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For it not to exist.

Telltale games are one-note borefests, and I expect this to be no different.

Mr___death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orangebat: not really.. The walking dead session 1, wolf among us and tales of borderlands are quality games.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

Killer Moth

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Telltale is perfectly geared in so many ways to get a full blown WGD Batman. They can't compete with the likes of Arkham in terms of combat, they're gonna hit hard with the detective aspect and hopefully have a thrilling and engaging mystery story...

Are you talking to me? If so..

NO! NO NO NO!!!! What the f--...? Why - how? WHY on EARTH would you turn a BATMAN GAME into a murder mystery game?! If you want a mystery game then play outlast two. Keep Batman games the way it should be/need to be. I don't want them to "hit hard" with the detective aspect. I mean, it would be really cool if they made the detective system more interactive, but no. Don't revolve it around mystery and suspense and all that stuff.

It's like Telltale making a Hulk game based almost solely around science. WHY?

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow said:

NO! NO NO NO!!!! What the f--...? Why - how? WHY on EARTH would you turn a BATMAN GAME into a murder mystery game?! If you want a mystery game then play outlast two. Keep Batman games the way it should be/need to be. I don't want them to "hit hard" with the detective aspect. I mean, it would be really cool if they made the detective system more interactive, but no. Don't revolve it around mystery and suspense and all that stuff.

No, I wasn't talking to you, I was responding to the OP.

Batman is known as world's greatest detective, yet it's one of the characteristics we never seem to see in recent adaptations. I've had a badass Deathstroke whooping Batman in the Arkham games, Telltale can't compete in that regard.

TLH, Hush etc., some of the best Batman stories revolve around mystery and Batman using his intelligence to solve crimes, I'd like to see more of that Batman.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BatmanPlusJay
    rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@batmanplusjay said:

@rogueshadow: Actually...Batman whooped Deathstroke...

That's what I said, but I can see that my wording was a little unclear.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@rogueshadow said:

Uh what kind of game are you expecting Telltale to make like? I mean mystery games is what they do.

wrucebayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot of detective work and a lot of Gordon and Bullock. A gritty crime drama with a guy dressed up as a Bat.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: The Walking Dead wasn't mystery, it was horror and suspenseful.

The Wolf Among use was mystery but it was cause the main character is a legit Detective without any arch rivals or villains trying to destroy the entire city.

Batman is different. I don't think they should switch him IMO.

Avatar image for thecapeddetective
    TheCapedDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

More mystery and more interaction with sidekicks. Tim Drake should be solving mysteries with Batman.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.