Follow

Bucky Barnes

Character » Bucky Barnes appears in 2103 issues.

Believed dead near the end of World War II only to have been found and brainwashed by the Soviets for the next 50 years, Captain America's former sidekick now continues to defend his country from the shadows against those who would threaten it as legendary spy and assassin, the Winter Soldier. He became the new Captain America to honor his friend Steve and he joined the Avengers. When Steve returned as Captain America, Bucky took on the identity of the Winter Soldier once again.

Winter Soldier #14 We all saw it coming. *Spoilers*

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By slimj87d

I'm sure a lot of you including myself knew that Natasha and James would be broken up unwillingly. They will probably have a last scene together in Secret Avengers but she probably won't remember him.

It's going to be strange if they are together in Secret Avengers because Clint obviously thinks Bucky is dead and only finds out he's still alive partly going into the last Winter Soldier story arc by Ed Brubaker.

So I wonder how Natasha and James seeing each other again in Secrete Avengers will play out.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#2  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Wait, isn't the whole point about the new series is that the missions are so "secret" that not even the members of the team can know about them? I thought it was stated that each member had been implanted at some point and would be called in to do a mission, but once the mission is over they forget the mission ever happened, or am I getting something mixed up? My point is that even if Bucky and Natasha do go on a mission together, and even if she does begin to remember him, once the mission is finished they won't even remember GOING on a mission with one another in the first place, thus the interaction is pointless.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By slimj87d

@War Killer: I actually don't know, will have to wait for this comic to come out first and read. That's a interesting concept, did you read about it through a preview?

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @SlimJ87D: The writer of the new Secret Avengers talked about what we could expect in the new series on Newsarama...

“In the Marvel Universe, there’s a new S.H.I.E.L.D. that’s been constituted under the watch of Daisy Johnson and Maria Hill,” Spencer says. “They’ve brought in a new field agent in Nick Fury, formerly known as Marcus Johnson, and a new advance man, Phil Coulson.” The new S.H.I.E.L.D. is putting together their own Avengers team, and re-employing the technology used in Secret War — “Which is to say, all of these new Avengers will be given memory implants so they have no knowledge of their involvement on the team,” which is the “work around” for having a team deal with such sensitive classified information.

Here's a link to the whole article.
    slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By slimj87d

@War Killer: Thanks. Well Bucky is not part of the SA and he plays a very important role in the beginning of the arc. I think they're going to study how he was mind controlled and use his procedures.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @SlimJ87D said:

@War Killer: Thanks. Well Bucky is not part of the SA and he plays a very important role in the beginning of the arc. I think they're going to study how he was mind controlled and use his procedures.

I have a feeling he'll end up joining.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.