Agmine570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Agmine570
No Caption Provided

In this series of legendary battle(s), Avatar Roku runs a gauntlet consisting of duos that are each consisted of two powerful benders. How far can he go? (Roku is fully healed and in full condition before each and every battle.)

Everyone has basic knowledge of their opponents.

Standard gear allowed, all bloodlusted.

No Caption Provided

The Gauntlet

1. Mako and Bolin

No Caption Provided

2. Ming Hua and Ghazan

No Caption Provided

3. Lin and Suyin

No Caption Provided

4. Jeong Jeong and Pakku

No Caption Provided

5. Jianzhu and Kelsang

No Caption Provided

6. P'Li and Combusion Man

No Caption Provided

7. Bumi and Iroh

No Caption Provided

8. Katara and Toph

No Caption Provided

9. Rangi and Hei Ran

No Caption Provided

10. Korra and Aang

No Caption Provided

Bonus round:Yangchen replaces Roku. The same gauntlet, same location, same conditions.

Agmine570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Agmine570

Tags

Somebody

No Caption Provided

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 anthp2000  Moderator

Roku could realistically lose to Bumi and Iroh; they are as good as, or almost as good as, him in their own elements. Bumi especially could match his raw power for a good while, and Iroh brings lightning into play, which Roku would have limited defence and possibly no experience against. They could get him that way a good amount of times.

Short of that, he would defeat every couple here.

Agmine570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 anthp2000  Moderator

@agmine570: Aang and Korra have nothing on Roku, besides probably speed in Aang's case.

Agmine570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: Bumi and Iroh > Roku > Aang and Korra???

Agmine570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: Also, is PM working currently? I sent PM repeatedly to a user but none of them are on my PM record. Are they broken as well?!

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@agmine570: This isn't a math equation, it's a bending battle. I gave reasoning behind my response, that's all there is to it.

PMs should be working fine.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Conceivably, I could see 4-8 being enough to take a fully realized Avatar like Roku (with the Avatar State restricted). Of those, I think the combustion benders and Bumi/Iroh have the best chance

The Yangchen novels made a point of establishing combustion bending as an Avatar-level, and if they're anything to go by then two combustion benders should still be a significant threat to a prime Avatar. Roku's tunneling offers one of the best counters for combustion bending's relentless offense, but here P'li and CM can watch each other's backs to help prevent surprise attacks. Roku definitely has options to win, but he'd need to play it smart.

Bumi was bending on a scale I'd normally expect to see from the Avatar State when he retook Omashu, and Iroh's portrayed as being about as high as you can get in terms of firebending tiers. I don't think Roku (or any Avatar) would be able to take them down without the Avatar State

Katara and Toph are potentially on that level by the comics, but I'm not sure they'd have the experience just yet. I feel quite certain they'd be able to beat Aang without the Avatar State

Jianzhu/Kelsang and Pakku/Jeong Jeong also seem to be the kind of teams who could potentially beat an Avatar (both team members being top-tier in their respective elements), but they're lacking in the feat department, so I could see it going either way.

Rangi is Rangi, so she obviously wins. Roku might not even fight her, Kyoshi would never let him hear the end of it if he did

Aang and Korra aren't as well rounded in their elemental mastery as Roku appeared to be, and I don't think either of them have reached Prime Avatar level yet. However, I have a hard time imagining Roku being able to take both of them together

Granted, all of this is based in part on speculation of how I think this type of fight would be written. From a purely feats perspective, he spams this to clear most if not all rounds

No Caption Provided

I don't think that's what would happen if the folks at Avatar created any of these fights, but like, as a stand-alone feat it's hard to top

Agmine570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1: Yep, we all know Katara can only perform a feat like that in her wildest dreams lol.

Bump

Agmine570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1: Can someone please do calcs of how much water Roku moved back there? Isn't it town level(megatons of water)?

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Tektonic

@arcus1: Yep, we all know Katara can only perform a feat like that in her wildest dreams lol.

Bump

You never know, 2025 Katara might do some crazy stuff.

As for the thread:

No Caption Provided

Round 1: Mako and Bolin get erased

Round 2: Ming Hua and Ghazan die even more brutal deaths

Round 3: The sisters get buried, and Toph doesn't bother to attend the funeral

Round 4: Roku already put JJ in his place, and Pakku would get the same treatment as Roku's waterbending master. Basically they get stomped.

Round 5: They better start praying for Kuruk to show up.

Round 6: Unless he is completely surprised by their combustion bending, he cuts them down easily.

Round 7: Hard to say how much better Iroh could do compared to Sozin. King Bumi as Arcus said can straight up do Avatar level bending, but he's still no real match for Roku.

Round 8: The girls are fantastic, but Roku can compete with even their elements individually let alone with all four.

Round 9: Rangi jet steps all the way to outerspace, and unleashes her eternal white flame, hitting Roku so hard she accidentally life wipes the planet.

Round 10: I can see the Avatars pulling a win. Roku is more powerful, but Aang and Korra aren't too far behind, and have a plethora of techniques they can use.

Agmine570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Roku could realistically lose to Bumi and Iroh; they are as good as, or almost as good as, him in their own elements.

Iroh lacks the feats to live up to that claim. Even though Roku only has two firebending feats

No Caption Provided

they both outclass anything Iroh has performed by a good margin. And even Bumi doesn't have earthbending feats that comes close tothis or this.

Bumi especially could match his raw power for a good while

Debunked

and Iroh brings lightning into play,

lightning, which takes him forever to charge up, based on what we've seen. We don't have much context for this feat to assure ourselves he can perform the technique quickly.

And too many characters dodged lightning, even instant lightning point-blank-range.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Iroh's lightning really isn't bringing anything here to support his teamate.

which Roku would have limited defence and possibly no experience against.

It's kind of a baseless assumption. Xu Ping An, a firebender who existed about 210 years before Roku was born was capable of spamming instant lightning repeatedly(which is kind of underrated), not to mention lightning generation itself.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Xu Ping An's lightning technique was studied by Jianzhu & men, so it's possible/most likely the FN royals knew it back in Roku's timeline.

They could get him that way a good amount of times.

I think they'd need to do more than you described.

Short of that, he would defeat every couple here.

Okay.....

Aang and Korra have nothing on Roku, besides probably speed in Aang's case.

Yet Bumi and Iroh do? You do know that Korra has a feat of waterbending in which the attack is fast or perhaps even faster than electricity traveling through water? It is most likely faster than bending lightning.

No Caption Provided

and Korra is fast and agile as well.

The infamous stunning reaction speed feat.

No Caption Provided

I gave reasoning behind my response, that's all there is to it.

Okay......

PMs should be working fine.

Not sure. I accidentally PMed a user repeatedly due to my recent PMs not appearing in my PM record.

Credits to @tektonic and Pastrymin from reddit for the gifs.

Agmine570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agmine570: I'm not arguing in my own thread btw. Just tryna spark some conversation and debates.

Agmine570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tektonic said:
@agmine570 said:

Bump

Nah, she's not gonna, and Katara stans ain't gonna be happy bout that.

Agmine570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 anthp2000  Moderator

@agmine570: I'm not arguing in my own thread btw. Just tryna spark some conversation and debates.

But your post is the definition of arguing in your own thread. You dissected my posts, using counter arguments and scans, going as far responding to every single sentence even if it's just to go "Okay...." and "Debunked". So I'm not going to respond to anythjng, other than this comment:

Yet Bumi and Iroh do? You do know that Korra has a feat of waterbending in which the attack is fast or perhaps even faster than electricity traveling through water?

Although these aren't genuine questions, yes - considering I was the first person to bring that instance up, more than six years ago, I'm fully aware of it, I've elaborated on it, and I consider it.

Please don't take this to sound aggressive or anything, but it's a tad exhausting to look at users constantly recycling things I've introduced and analysed in the past and abusing them in a condescending manner. I'm always happy to debate with you (granted, not in your thread) but the least we can do is not word posts with an attitude. There's quite a few Avatar debaters who set an amazing example of genuine conversation with their phrasing, don't feel like you need to go with the majority who unfortunately come off as edgy!

Agmine570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agmine570 said:

But your post is the definition of arguing in your own thread. You dissected my posts, using counter arguments and scans, going as far as responding to every single sentence even if it's just to go "Okay...." and "Debunked". So I'm not going to respond to anything, other than this comment:

Fair nuff. I do admit I have outdone myself from what was my original intention. What I wanted to do was bump by asking some simple questions about your take. I wasn't arguing that Roku would beat the two though, just questioning if Aang and Korra don't have an advantage against the opponent, what do the Lotus Elders have hiding beneath their sleeves?

Although these aren't genuine questions, yes - considering I was the first person to bring that instance up, more than six years ago, I'm fully aware of it, I've elaborated on it, and I consider it.

I didn't knew. And I apologize if you find certain aspects of my post needlessly aggressive or offensive. And for the questions, they aren't genuine questions I admit, they're just a certain way for me when addressing a point at times.

Please don't take this to sound aggressive or anything, but it's a tad exhausting to look at users constantly recycling things I've introduced and analysed in the past and abusing them in a condescending manner.

I write most of my posts, including that one, in one take, and sentences like the one you've addressed are formed from instinct in my brain. (especially when I'm trying to prove a certain point) Hope you didn't find it offensive. I wasn't trying to make myself feel superior with that or anything, there's nothing deep, it was just my way of writing a sentence and addressing a point at the moment.

I'm always happy to debate with you (granted, not in your thread)

Happy to know.

but the least we can do is not word posts with an attitude.

Good advice, and I do think that I've written some of those kinds of posts you are criticizing before.

There's quite a few Avatar debaters who set an amazing example of genuine conversation with their phrasing, don't feel like you need to go with the majority who unfortunately come off as edgy!

I really respect how you manage to consistently maintain a calm and stable manner in your phrasing. It's not that easy, especially in debates. I acknowledge my literary style isn't perfect, perhaps I should be more careful about it.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 anthp2000  Moderator

@agmine570: Nothing offensive or aggressive, don't worry. It's more of a demeanour thing. I understand it's easy to get caught up when debating, but we can all do better (including myself at times) for a generally more pleasant experience!

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 cocacolaman  Moderator

He can feasibly lose any round in the latter half besides Rangi and Hei Ran who should be much lower. I refuse to believe Aang and Korra are losing any remotely fair 2v1 battle, but I can give Roku a pass for every other round, with him most likely stopping at Iroh and Bumi due to Iroh’s own firebending mastery being arguably the best asset against Roku in a team battle.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at Bumi and Iroh. No way is he taking two avatars either.

kataraaaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22 kataraaaa  Online

Yeah I don’t see him beating the avatars. Roku’s tactics such as tunneling won’t work due to Aang’s seismic sense, and I don’t think he can just gg them with his scale since each avatar has crazy scale in their own right, as well as comparable mobility options to Roku’s airspout. It’d be a long fight, and Roku is easily the best we’ve seen in the verse feat wise, but I think Aang and Korra pull it off. Roku wins every other round though.

In the bonus either Aang or Korra could solo Yangchen by feats and Yangchen loses to the combustion benders, Bumi and Iroh if we’re willing to give Iroh benefit of the doubt for lack of feats, and Katara and Toph.

Stratospher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rangi and Hei-Ran at the very least should be below Jianzhu and Kelsang.

It's difficult to argue about Roku. Scale-wise he outclasses everyone in here, in every element. He might even be the most powerful bender in here. But we don't have enough information and feats to estimate how good of a combatant he is, how fast and agile he is, his battle IQ, versatility, and so on. All of this is based on each person's subjective perspective and assumptions on how good he is. And in my opinion, he's going to start struggle with opponents that he can't straight up stomp by overwhelming them with scale, and here this would be Sparky and P'li round. Whether he wins or not despite struggling is difficult to say.

Yangchen would start struggling with Beifong sisters and everyone above. Her combative and bending abilities tend to get wildly exaggerated, to the point of making her seem relative to Roku, which she is not. Unless she can pull off her suffocation technique in every round, which is going to give her a win in every round, because we haven't seen a reliable counter to it from anyone already under its effect.

Agmine570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stratospher: Roku did display some battle instinct during his 'fight' with Sozin though. And someone like Bumi's fighting style isn't that different from other earthbenders' either, he just commands more scale and has various options/techniques. For round 6, do you think Combustion Man will be able to evaporate a wave like this? Just asking, not debating.

No Caption Provided

Note: The location does have a large body of water nearby.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Aystarr
@agmine570 said:
@tektonic said:
@agmine570 said:

Bump

The way Katara already has better feats than this and can move this amount of water with ease at 14 already. Y'all just can't keep "Katara stans" out of your mouth lol, just loud and wrong.

OT: first of all, lol at the Hei-ran and Rangi placement, Roku should be able to beat them with just firebending only, They should move all the way up to 3 or 4 max. With that said, Roku could stop anywhere from 6 to 10 (removing 9), considering that outside of the typical power and skill, these benders have versatility, supporting physical stats, and techniques that Roku hasn't shown and might have issues with. I'm going to go with what I say most times that by feats they might be able to win but if we factor status and other things, I think Roku should win until the Avatars.

As for the bonus, I still haven't read the yangchen novels (someone help me I'm begging), but with what I've heard of yangchen, I don't see how she makes it past the white lotus or the gaang girls (removing 9 again, of course), except we're talking about a theoretical prime Yangchen.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tektonic said:
@agmine570 said:

Bump

There isn't anything to say for sure though.

We don't know who the villain(s) are or the scale of battle sequences.

Given cinematic movies, particularly animated ones, tend to be very exaggerated compared to the shows, I expect crazy feats, I can't put an exact level to it, but I won't rule out a large jump.

BigDreamer48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

6-10 are going to be interesting fights (except 9 tbh, and I say this as a Rangi fan), but I see him stopping at 10 more often than not. The rest of them are a little uncertain because while we have more feats for them and we haven't seem him go up against something like Combustion bending, but Roku's raw power is insane.

Lamar24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agmine570: Iroh has the worse feats of all the benders he only has hype

Lamar24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stratospher: But we don't have enough information and feats to estimate how good of a combatant he is, how fast and agile he is, his battle IQ, versatility, and so on

We don’t know how good of a combatant Iroh is he has hype only his feats are not impressive