cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 cocacolaman  Moderator

Katara and Hama

Hama and Katara are not allowed to bloodbend; other than that, this is the same environment, everyone is in character, and the starting distance is 20 meters. No Avatar State.

1. Ty Lee and Suki
  2. Mako and Bolin
  3. Zuko and Mai
  4. Unalaq, Eska and Desna
  5. Rangi and Kyoshi (TSoK)
  6. Lin and Suyin Beifong
  7. Ozai and Kiyi
kataraaaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By kataraaaa

Maybe 4 or 7, Katara would have to do most of the heavy lifting though

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They clear actually, I'll edit brief explanations in later.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 anthp2000  Moderator

Katara is not badly hindered by lack of apparent water sources by the graphic novels, and with the full moon aiding her, I'd argue she's still a fair challenge for any bender in this environment. If the waterbenders get rest between rounds, I could see them getting up to the Beifongs, where they'd lose almost every time, although I'm not sure Ozai alone could overpower them both at once.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So full moon included?

Katara alone can make it to 4. Add in Hama and they clear, assuming they get healed between rounds.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

4 if post-fusion Unalaq. Unsure of 5, I'm assuming they take it? Haven't gotten around to the novels quite yet. Hard stop at 6.

chloros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should be fine the first four rounds. Unalaq and the twins can't plant bend or draw water from the air (as far as we know) so they are in for a difficult time. The next three rounds are tougher, but they do have the full moon backing them. Maybe stop at the Beifong sisters and Ozai. But poor Kiyi is not helping lol.

BigDreamer48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BigDreamer48

I can see them stopping at 6.

psychoboy4EVA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 2. While Katara can usually handle the brothers individually and give them a great fight even when together, with Hama on her side edging the 2v2 to her favour, the location brings her down. While she still has water to bend, her ability to press her large scale, one of her best aspects and biggest advantages over the brothers, is significantly complicated than if she had an open water source. From then on Hama can definitely be handled by either one of the brothers.

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Six

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Under a full moon? Then they clear.

Under normal conditions then start struggling at about 4, but should push through to 6, which I can see going either way though would probably lean the sisters way due to their athleticism vs Hamas old lady physicals.

Ozai has the capability to win also when they are so restricted.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it wasn't for the full moon, I could see them stopping at 2 or 3 (banking on rapid attacks from the other team taking out Hama quickly). However, with the power of the moon backing her up, I think Katara could stop that from happening.

4 would be tough. Unalaq vs Katara would be a close and probably lengthy match, and I could see Desna and Eska overpowering Hama.

@chloros said:

Unalaq and the twins can't plant bend or draw water from the air (as far as we know) so they are in for a difficult time.

That is true, actually. But they can bend the water that Katara and Hama are going to bring into play with their attacks (turning defense to offense is a core aspect of waterbending, after all)

5 also might do it, either with Rangi outpacing Hama or Kyoshi overpowering her. 6 would be similarly tough. That being said, I'm not sure if 5 and 6 are more dangerous than Unalaq's team with the full moon in play. If Katara and Hama are able to coordinate and fight as a unit, I could see them winning

By hype, Ozai probably wins. Kiyi, of course, isn't a fighter (though her showing of melting the door is actually an extremely impressive feat of heatbending, and if we extrapolated that to combat she'd be a menace. That's definitely not what the creators intended though)