Pick a Herald level Character or Team buster character that can beat or stalemate Green Phoenix Jean grey

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Green Phoenix Jean has a wide range of feats, the high level ones of fighting Galactus and the low Tier ones of losing to Magneto (though it was re-connect that she was fighting Doom at the same time on the Astral plane), and I've always wondered what level she would be on a regular basis.

I've heard some put her at sky father's level with Odin and Zeus (which I don't believe), and characters like Thane going toe to toe with Thanos and some of the Phoenix 5 (Emma) having a having a good fight against Thor before he ultimately loses, I want you to select a character that you think would give Phoenix Jean a good match or would outright beat her).

Some characters that I think would fit into the category.

World Breaker Hulk

Silver surfer

Beta Ray Bill

Jane Thor

Thor

Wonder woman

Void Sentry

DeathSeed sentry

Fernus

Superman

HP Doomsday

Shaman Nate grey

Prime Doctor strange

Black adam

Sinestro

Orion

Phoenix Thane

The Flash

Dark Phoenix cyclops

Grail

Darkseid

For Green Phoenix you can use feats from:

The Phoenix saga and dark Phoenix saga (dark phoenix feats aren't really more impressive, just use them with Green Phoenix mindset)

Classic X-men

Uncanny-X-Men first class

New X-men/here comes tomorrow

Phoenix Endsong

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman with prep

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Jane Thor solos if written by Aaron

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MarvelandDCfan24: Batman without prep is already abstract level, there's a reason I didn't include him in my list

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@APEX_pretador: actually, I doubt that, Jane has only beaten men, but when fighting females like Sindr (new queen of musphelheim), the new female Kurse and Angela the she only stalemates (I'm sure in her fight against she hulk in Thor #700 it will be a stalemate).

Besides, she had trouble fighting the shiar gods and the Phoenix force under Aaron.

TwentyGoodMen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Green Phoenix is not Herald Tier.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@del_torro: she was beating Shiar gods 1v1 but there were two of them.

And Phoenix? It was written like Phoenix force wanted mjolnir for itself. Ridiculous.

Anyways since you also included "teambuster" I'd go with Thanos

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SirFizzWhizz: I think her low showings (which are kind of consistent), put her at Herald level.

Losing to magneto, being mind controlled by mesmero, losing to Proteus, struggling to lift a helicarrier/billions of tons of rock (while in Phoenix saga she was throwing around asteroids and moving trillions of tons of rocks with a wave of her hand). I think with the way she holds hack and puts locks on her powers, High level heralds like surfer have a chance

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@del_torro: Jane isn't a herald or team buster, she's a low high tier

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Battle123axe: isn't High Tier basically Herald level?

I see the Tier rankings similar to something like this (pulled off another thread)

Low Street: people like Hawkeye, Punisher, Silver Sable, Nightwing, Robin

Mid-Street: Batman,Captain America, Moon Knight

High Street: Gambit, Black Panther, Wolverine, Spider Man

Low Mid-Tier: Agent Venom, Gamora, Rocket Raccoon,

High Mid-Tier: Ms. Marvel, Moonstone, Snowbird

Bricks: Namor, Hercules, Red-Hulk

Low Powerhouse: Iron Man, Blue Marvel ect...

High Powerhouse/Herald Tier: Superman, Gladiator, Silver Surfer, Hulk, Thor

Herald Drifters: (people who arent teambusters but more than Herald) Adam Warlock, Morals Off Surfer, Quasar, Adam Magus

Team Busters: Thanos, Darkseid, Pre 52 Despero, De-powered Tyrant

Skyfather: Odin, Zeus, ect...

If High Tier for you is between mid Tier and Herald level, I disagree since she has stomped people like Fire lord, Terrax, classic X-men team.

Or do you mean above Herald and team buster?

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@del_torro: high tier has always been between mid tier and herbal level, ask most experienced people around her, and they'd tell you the same.

She is around odinson level, which is high tier

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Battle123axe: Oh, you're talking about Jane, not Jean, sorry.

But still, Thor and Jane have Stalemated Herald level beings and given skyfathers trouble, High Tier seems really low to place them.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@del_torro: Worthy thor? yeah, he's more or less herald level

unworthy thor and jane? no, he's solidly high tier, a couple outliers doesn't change that

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@del_torro: I think you did a pretty good job with that break down except I personally wouldn't put Quasar above standard herald tier and Tyrant I would definitely put in the Skyfather tier since even an amped Thanos posed no real threat to him.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: technically that thanos is just normal thanos now because he absorbed that power orb at the very end of the comic, but I agree I think that tyrant should be low skyfather tier.

ginman333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shaman Nate has a chance

Is Prime Strange the same as classic strange? If so he might have a chance.

I dont know as much about full phoenix cyc, but maybe.

Otherwise, squish

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Rick Sanchez + Prep = I WIN

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I will say Squirrel Girl, but she is an omniversial level character so...Vineforce Storm.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: technically that thanos is just normal thanos now because he absorbed that power orb at the very end of the comic, but I agree I think that tyrant should be low skyfather tier.

He didn't absorb it. He just hooked it up to some machinery to try and learn its secrets(by his own words).

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: maybe, but all of that machinery is also hooked up to him, seems to me that he was absorbin it, but there's no concrete evidence for it so I guess it's speculation.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@del_torro: Her losses to Magneto were completely situational. The first loss was during a time she had psychic breakers put in and while she was still recovering from the M’Kraan Crystal depleting her energy after she fixed it. The second was instigated by the Phoenix to allow Jean to die. Everything else seems good though. I will give my thoughts after i read everything entirely because it is possible to defeat a Green Phoenix Jean Grey, just not easily.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#24 higherpower  Moderator

DCEU Doomsday

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

•World War Hulk: Jean comes out on top. Physical hits have proven to be ineffective against her unless she lets her guard down for any reason, in which there isn’t any reason she would, especially against the Hulk.

•Silver Surfer: Jean wins. The Dark Phoenix Saga proves how fast Jean can move and her fights against the heralds of Galactus prove she is more than Herald level. Then there isn’t her daughter Rachel whom mauled Galactus and Rachel is the weaker host of the two.

•Beta Ray Bill: Very similar to Thor vs Phoenix Five. Probably would go no differently.

•Jane Foster Thor: Still Jean. Jane Foster did get a good hit on the Phoenix, although by some weird plot device-like move of calling Mjolnir to the place they were communicating, that being Jane Fosters own mind. Still, Jane got lucky because she still had massive trouble prior and after the confrontation in the mindscape, in which Quentin Quire came in and saved her.

•Thor: Jean Grey with as much difficulty as she would have against Jane Fosters Thor. I say that in spite of AvX, in which Thor gets mauled by a fifth of the Phoenix power.

•Wonder Woman: A lot of the edge comes in Jeans favor when you account for Diana’s experience against god-like beings, telepaths, and magical items shielding her from mindrape. Still, none of her foes come to life in the same battle in spite of how many times they’ve been killed, nor do they have the skill that Jean has at base level amped by the Phoenix. This would be a battle of longevity, in which Jean would eventually come out on top so long as she is at full power.

•Void Sentry: After looking across different threads, I found that the Void has trouble with the collective Avengers and a hellicarrier back then. Meanwhile, a Phoenix Five Namor was put down by the full roster of the Avengers. That much was consistent, making this in favor of Phoenix.

yuuki157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: Do you still agree with this list,or did anything change ?

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yuuki157 said:

@pyrofn: Do you still agree with this list,or did anything change ?

Back then, we only had White Phoenix of the Crown as a reference for multiversal Phoenix and Green Phoenix as universal.

Nowadays, Jean is casually creating and destroying entire realities in a during what could be considered a comic equivalent of a mental breakdown, while she is still shattered and confused.

I long since gotten past agreeing with past me and gone into,

This way outdated.”

No Caption Provided

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yuuki157: I will say though that Classic Green Phoenix would emulate my past thought-processes, albeit with less probability of winning.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good lord. What was I thinking.