THE DESTROYER VS THE AVENGERS: WHO WINS

Mage101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Mage101

Poll THE DESTROYER VS THE AVENGERS: WHO WINS (20 votes)

Jed's Avengers can win. 30%
Aaron's Avengers can win. 15%
Neither Can win. 20%
Both can win. 35%
No Caption Provided

Against...

ROUND 1

No Caption Provided

Jed's Avengers

ROUND 2

No Caption Provided

Aaron's Avengers.

The Hulk will be added to Jed's Avengers so that they would be eight in total like Aaron's.

Which Avenger can win against this Nightmare of an Armor?

Please be polite and Enjoy.

• 
rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By rajjarsalt

Jed's Avengers stomp while Jason's Avengers get stomped. Largely comes down to Thor having the Odin Force

ParkerKent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there some reason Doctor Strange can’t BFR?

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor has successfully BFRed the Destroyer before with a great wind vortex summoned by Mjolnir. Though it required hammering it with Mjolnir repeatedly beforehand, and that was just some army colonel possessing it. After being BFRed he just gave up and floated around in space.

Though under Loki's possession, it traveled between Earth and Asgard in a couple pages (minutes of comic time), and Asgard was stated to be a universe away in the same comic. And under Thor's possession, it shot a FTL beam that traveled across the dimensional barriers between the worlds (Hel to Earth in one panel, a heartbeat in comic time).

ParkerKent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: Good point. Plus the Destroyer beat Thor so bad he went to Hel and only survived because Hela / Marnot sent him back.

Mage101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bfr is restricted.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Destroyer is interesting because it's obviously incredibly durable, but it does have a tendency to be circumvented with either environmental context or interfering with the host in some manner. Destroyer itself isn't that physically powerful punching-wise but it's very durable and has access to energy projection that could legitimately one shot anyone here if it hits. It can last for a long while and can fight theoretically forever while everyone else here will be worn down inevitably.

Problems here are twofold

First is the magical characters who could probably find a specific form of hax to keep it subdued

Second is Destroyer being no-diffed by Odinforce users like Thor.

Those are the two obvious variables that make Destroyer clearing pretty much impossible in most situations.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Thor-Parker

Destroyer should win

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By rajjarsalt

First is the magical characters who could probably find a specific form of hax to keep it subdued

Ook ook

No Caption Provided

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That likely wasn't even Strange, to begin with.

But Casey.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: >hax

>two questionable mystic characters firing generic energy blasts

?

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

?

'twas referring to the dialogue etc

and one of them's here too

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect said:

?

The dialogue doesn't suggest any hax being used unless we're to assume Karnilla threw all of her hax out beforehand lol

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman said:

@andromeda1001:

What makes you think it’s Casey?

It's actually pretty much confirmed that was her in the recap part from Doctor Strange Vol.5#6:

No Caption Provided

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman: They mention that the man called "Stephen Strange"(With the quotation marks showing that it isn't referring to the real one) was the one with the Avengers.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andromeda1001:

Hmmmm, I never noticed this at all before. I guess that explains about since the timelines seemed a little weird during that period.

I guess I need to update the RT for Last Days of Magic Strange. The wiki doesn’t list it as Casey in disguise too so even that site missed the detail.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman: Yea. Strange wasn't even using the same suit as when traveling into space and during the arc with the Avengers. There are other inconsistencies too, but I believe that's the most noticeable one.

I wouldn't trust the Marvel Wiki that much, tbh. They got some things wrong here and there.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Andromeda1001

@wastelandman: That's good for Casey, actually. "Strange" had some good feats in that storyline, like matching Loki in a power struggle.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By WastelandMan

@andromeda1001:

It’s a little weird that Tony sent Strange to space and doesn’t question why he’s back with powers again and wanting to joining the Avengers immediately after, lol.

I’ve rarely seen the wiki have incorrect information so I’ve found it somewhat reliable. I hope they eventually update the info on Casey being the one in the comic since that’s a major detail. I wish they made Casey being the one in the Avengers more obvious in the actual comics.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andromeda1001:

True I didn’t think about that yet. Looks real bad for Loki if he can’t even overpower Strange’s apprentice. This actually bumps up my perspective on her abilities a lot.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman: If I'm being completely honest with you, there's always the possibility that maybe Waid simply decided to retcon it to fit into his works. Aaron might've intended to be the real Strange, but I don't know for sure.

Fair enough. I do believe it's quite reliable, but my point is that even they have some mistakes from time to time.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@wastelandman said:

@andromeda1001:

What makes you think it’s Casey?

It's actually pretty much confirmed that was her in the recap part from Doctor Strange Vol.5#6:

No Caption Provided

Sounds like a retcon tbh. I’m not sure I buy that being the intent at the time it was written. lol

Strange even went on a rant about how Loki tried to replace him.

@andromeda1001:

True I didn’t think about that yet. Looks real bad for Loki if he can’t even overpower Strange’s apprentice. This actually bumps up my perspective on her abilities a lot.

I mean, Loki was powering the forcefields to keep everyone alive in the sun, and his goal was to unite the Avengers, not actually win the battle.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsu-san: As I said above, I do believe that could be a retcon, yes.

Still, it's not something uncommon. It has happened a lot in the past and will continue to do so.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Andromeda1001

@zetsu-san: I mean, Loki was powering the forcefields to keep everyone alive in the sun, and his goal was to unite the Avengers, not actually win the battle.

Yes, but Strange/Casey was only defeated by the Horde attacking him from behind. From that to when they started fighting, it took quite some panels. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's all that of a showing, but it's still nice overall.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsu-san:

Sun level forcefields should be pretty low level as far as shield feats go for a top tier sorcerer, smh.

I remember strange generated passive psychic shields to prevent Hulk and even Silver Surfer, along with several others, from being crushed by extreme gravity for the rest of the issue and wasn’t even fazed the entire time.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman: Loki was actually dropping Carol, Tony and Thor in the same storyline though.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@wastelandman: Nah, as said in DM, I think sun level forcefields is a big deal in Marvel more often than not. I mean Mangog died to the sun as did Knull.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andromeda1001:

Wasn’t that Thor with his Gold Hammer? Carol doesn’t really do magic and Tony is meh at Strange’s level.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By PyroFN
@professorrespect said:
@rajjarsalt said:
@professorrespect said:

?

The dialogue doesn't suggest any hax being used unless we're to assume Karnilla threw all of her hax out beforehand lol

I would also like to interject that it is Jason Aaron’s writing. I wouldn’t put Jason’s writing into anything as reliable canon-wise. If you like the writing, Rajar, all the more power to you.

But as the person who has done Karnilla‘s RT (totally not a reason to shoe-horn my hard-work), it’s been stated before that Karnilla can in fact destroy a Destroyer.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And Karnilla has used hax to bfr or depower the Destroyer before Aaron’s run. She knows exactly how the armor works, so it makes no sense that she wouldn’t still in Aaron’s run, unless that run changed how Destroyers work.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Hickaris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Hickaris
@pyrofn said:
@professorrespect said:
@rajjarsalt said:
@professorrespect said:

?

I would also like to interject that it is Jason Aaron’s writing. I wouldn’t put Jason’s writing into anything as reliable canon-wise. If you like the writing, Rajar, all the more power to you.

But as the person who has done Karnilla‘s RT (totally not a reason to shoe-horn my hard-work), it’s been stated before that Karnilla can in fact destroy a Destroyer.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And Karnilla has used hax to bfr or depower the Destroyer before Aaron’s run. She knows exactly how the armor works, so it makes no sense that she wouldn’t still in Aaron’s run, unless that run changed how Destroyers work.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Karnilla is powerful! Does she scale above the Norns?

Hickaris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OT: If the Avengers had Ikaris, they could win

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By PyroFN

@hickaris said:
@pyrofn said:
@professorrespect said:
@rajjarsalt said:
@professorrespect said:

?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Karnilla is powerful! Does she scale above the Norns?

Yep

No Caption Provided

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: Good stuff, Pyro. It could be because of that insane buff Destroyer got with the last retcon, something about its raw ore being forged by countless Big Bangs and Crunches until it achieved some sort of perfect 7th dimensional form.

I might have deflected with Cul Destroyer > Balder Destroyer, but Balder Destroyer did fight King Thor in the JMS era.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: Good stuff, Pyro. It could be because of that insane buff Destroyer got with the last retcon, something about its raw ore being forged by countless Big Bangs and Crunches until it achieved some sort of perfect 7th dimensional form.

I might have deflected with Cul Destroyer > Balder Destroyer, but Balder Destroyer did fight King Thor in the JMS era.

Ooooh, how long ago was this retcon. Like pre-Jason Aaron era?

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:
@rajjarsalt said:

Ooooh, how long ago was this retcon. Like pre-Jason Aaron era?

IIRC early Aaron era, as it's post Fraction

No Caption Provided

Snowshow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The destroyer wins tbh

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsu-san: wait, I'm confused. The Strange that went to Space wasn't Strange, but someone in disguise? When was this revealed?

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@del_torro said:

@zetsu-san: wait, I'm confused. The Strange that went to Space wasn't Strange, but someone in disguise? When was this revealed?

No, it's the opposite. The real Strange went to space, while his apprentice(Casey) assumed his identity on Earth. It was revealed in Doctor Strange Vol.5#6.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers