Error With Lists and 404's

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Chrome, Win 10, Dell Laptop

I received notifications when I logged in at about 3am Eastern that a user I was following had posted several lists. I opened all of the lists from the notifications, and half of them came up 404. I assumed the user had deleted those pages, and moved on.

I'm now working on my own lists, and have encountered the similar problems:

Bringing up old lists, some text may be missing, but a refresh (sometimes multiple refreshes) makes the missing text pop up. It appears to be affecting just text that I added in after the initial save.

If I save a list, it might show me what I just typed in the text field at the top of the list, or it might show me what was there previously. It might take several refreshes of the page to get it to show what it is supposed to. I encountered this on an old list that I use for workspace all the time. The old text that it kept defaulting to was from something I put in the workspace yesterday.

I made a new list, and when I saved it, it came up 404. Multiple refreshes would not show me the list. I backspaced to the workfield, went to the Lists tab, and the list was not showing. It took multiple refreshes to get the new list to finally show at the top of the Lists. Clicking on the link for the new list, it went 404 again. A few more refreshes, and the list finally showed. I encountered the problem again both with edits to the list, and with trying to add comment fields to the list after the list was saved. It took several attempts, but I was finally able to get everything added.

I'm (obviously) not sure what happened. Since 2010, through multiple site owners, multiple site reboots, and multiple site bugs, Lists have consistently remained problem-free. I don't know yet if this bug is just affecting lists, as I haven't tried Blog or Forum posts, but the fact that is affecting Lists at all is concerning.

Thanks for all you do, and for trying to keep things from going kablooey! -cbishop

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Made this forum topic with no problem.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cbishop

Just tried blogs.

First, I posted a blog without posting it to the forum. It posted fine, but gave me 404's when I tried to add comments. (This blog is a test [1])

Second, I posted a blog, attaching it to the Gen. Discussion forum. It gave me a 500 error when I tried to save it. Trying to add comments to it, I again got 404 errors, and it took multiple refreshes between comments to be able to add more comments. (This blog is a test [2])

Third, I tried another blog without posting it to the forum. This one immediately gave me a 500 error when trying to save it, and the 404 errors when trying to add comments. (This blog is a test [3])

I also got a 404 error trying to add this comment.

EDIT: The "This blog is a test" links are for your reference, in case you need to look at the code there... or something... I don't know how that works. Cheers. -cb

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Along with the 404's, 500's, and multiple page refreshes, there are multiple times that the comments don't load, leaving the green "Load Comments" bar instead. That bar has failed to load the comments every time, leaving me to use the page refresh button again until it loads properly.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Yeah lots of issues going on right now.