How do I put another spoiler block over/on top of a spoiler block?

Agmine570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Agmine570

So basically, I'm trying to create an RT & write a CAV post, and I can't put another spoiler block over/on top of a spoiler block. How do I do it like as you can commonly see in RTs?

Agmine570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Agmine570

Why is this on Gen.Discussion lmao, I made sure for this to be on Bug Reporting. Well, can any mod move this to Bug Reporting? Every time I try to edit a thread/topic it gets deleated, due to what I think is a bug on this site.

Agmine570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocacolman @anthp2000 @frozen @death4bunnies

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@agmine570:

As far as I'm aware -because I'm not an expert, someone else might be able to help you better there-, this actually happened involuntarily sometimes, perhaps between site updates. Having written many lengthy posts in the past, I can attest to the fact that it'd sometimes happen sort of like a glitch and I'd go back and remove the double spoiler blocks.

I am also not sure why that'd help you with formatting though, lol. Seems like extra work for you as a creator and the readers alike. But I suppose if you really need to use and you have any instances of this double spoiler blocks readily available in old threads, you could try copy-pasting and replacing the content with yours.

On a separate note,

Why is this on Gen.Discussion lmao, I made sure for this to be on Bug Reporting. Well, can any mod move this to Bug Reporting? Every time I try to edit a thread/topic it gets deleated, due to what I think is a bug on this site.

Unfortunately, the site is indeed facing a new large scale issue that they're working on resolving. For the time being, I'd also advise against creating lengthy content or big posts. And make sure your work thus far is saved.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By ProfessorRespect

This one is easy

you make the RT with the normal spoiler blocks

then upload a version of it to any general forum on the site, which then makes a duplication that gives you another spoiler block on top of the one you added

Agmine570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: @anthp2000:Thanks.

@anthp2000: I really hope it can get fixed soon. Creating as much as lengthy content as possible was all what I was planning to do this Sunday. Also, the site is much slower than usual and recent posts/records don't show up well. It's kind of irritating.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 anthp2000  Moderator

@agmine570: Hopefully it will. It's already been brought to the staff's attention.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#8  Edited By cbishop

@agmine570:Do you mean when you have to hit "Click to reveal **SPOILERS**," and then hit "Click to reveal **SPOILERS**" again before it will open? If so, that's an auto-function of CV.

If I create a topic directly on the forum, like I did here(UPDATE: I've deleted the post now, so I've disabled the link), you should be able to click the spoiler once, and read what's inside.

If I create a topic in my blog first, like I did here on my FicOPedia account, then attach it to the forum (which I did) then when folks click the forum thread, they'll have to click the spoiler twice before being able to read what's inside. If you read it from my blog tab though, you'll only have to click the spoiler once.

It has something to do with it being a forum mirror, and it's been like that at least since I joined CV in 2010.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 anthp2000  Moderator

@agmine570: Just letting you know, the site should be fine by now.

Agmine570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers