How to Submit a Detailed Error Report

wcarle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By wcarle

Sometimes when debugging problems on the site it can be really hard for us to pin down exactly what is going wrong especially with all the different browsers, operating systems, and extensions out there. You can do us a huge favor by supplying these extra debugging details if possible:

Browser Details

• Operating System (eg. Windows 10, Mac OSX Sierra, Ubuntu, etc.)
  • Browser With Version: (eg. Google Chrome Version 56.0.2924.87 (64-bit))
    • To collect this data click Help -> About in most browsers
  • Extensions!
    • What extensions are you running (eg. HTTPS Everywhere, AdBlock+, uBlock, Ghostery, etc.)
    • About 50% of the time it's some extension causing the issue you're experiencing. Please try running the site in an incognito window (without extensions) this will solve a lot of issues and let you know it's an extension causing your problems!
    • Some particularly bad offenders:
      • Most adblockers (they like to block scripts and video assets sometimes) Adblock, uBlock, Ghostery, NoScript
      • HTTPS Everywhere. Our sites do not support HTTPS fully just yet (except for the login page) So until we fully support HTTPS (soon!) This extension will cause a lot of problems

Detailed Error Reports

• Please submit the exact error message you're getting, screenshots are even better!
  • The exact URL you were on
  • What exactly you were trying to do
  • What time you were trying to do it
  • If at all possible please submit a screenshot or the text from the error console! This is a HUGE help
    • Chrome: Press Ctrl + Shift + J (Windows / Linux) or Cmd + Opt + J (Mac)
    • Firefox: Press Ctrl + Shift + K (Windows / Linux) or Cmd + Opt + K (Mac)
    • Internet Explorer: F12 -> Click 'Console'
    • Safari: Cmd + Opt + C
    • A screenshot like this is super helpful!
      No Caption Provided

This and any additional information you can provide would be very helpful!

Brian_Menard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Enter a character for whom you want to see all of their appearances ... scroll to the bottom and select Page 3 (because you can't see Page 6 yet), scroll to the bottom and select Page 5 (because you still can't see Page 6) ... scroll to the bottom to select Page 6 ... scroll to a title you'd like to learn more about and select it. You get the issue(s) your character was in and would like to see the next title, so you hit the back button. It's doesn't take to to Page 6, it returns you to Page 1. So you have to scroll to select Page 3 again, scroll to select Page 5 again, then scroll to select 6 again and scroll to the next title. I reported this issue years ago and was told "we're working on that." This is very difficult to work with when trying to assemble a list of issues to collect. Is someone still trying to fix this?

Avatar image for darkside_of_the_sun
Darkside_of_the_Sun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@brian_menard: I've been wanting to submit this too. Yes it is VERY ANNOYING. There should be a drop down box allowing you to select the page you want to go to instead of having to jump 2-3 pages at a time to get to a particular volume. And, then you have to start all over if you select a volume and then you click to go back and end up on page 1 and you want to be on page 35. Though sometimes if you click on the webpage link it may have page 1 and you want to go to page 35 you would click and change the 1 to 35 and bypass the nightmare of 2-3 pages at a time.

KWTitan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the last two months, I have not been able to make edits to any of the character profile pages. I can activate the "edit wiki" mode without issue, and make the changes to the page, but when trying to save those edits (by clicking DONE), I continually receive the error banner : "There was an unknown server error, please try again." This has occurred on multiple PCs with Windows 7 and Windows 10 operating systems, and when utilizing both Mozilla Firefox and Chrome.

magicman620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tried to change a profile picture but it said I need:

"You need 5000 points to set this property"

but I 59618 points. Whats the problem?

jacdec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Impossible to load a new image. Message is "Image is too large". Seems image repository is full.

LSROTJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LSROTJ
@magicman620 said:

I tried to change a profile picture but it said I need:

"You need 5000 points to set this property"

but I 59618 points. Whats the problem?

I'm having the same problem and with editing.

robbward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Receiving error when attempt to search forums

Distributor ID: Ubuntu

Description: Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS

Firefox 120.0.1 Snap for Ubuntu, canonical-002 - 1.0

Norton Password manager extension running

No Caption Provided

Selected Forums/Editing & Tools from Pulldown.

Entered Story Arcs in search box and hit enter.

Received the message to left.

Date Time is 01/14/2024 23:47 CST