Exclusive Preview: ACTION COMICS #973

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

We're about to find who the "other" Clark Kent is. If you missed the past few issues, you can get a refresher on what's been going on here. We're about to get answers in the next arc in Action Comics.

ACTION COMICS #973

No Caption Provided

(W) Dan Jurgens (A) Patrick Zircher, Stephen Segovia, Art Thibert (CA) Clay Mann

"MILD MANNERED" part one! The road to "Superman: Reborn" starts here! With Superman and Lex Luthor back on Earth, the Man of Steel turns his attention to uncovering the mystery of the human Clark Kent living and working in Metropolis. But there's something...off about this guy, and Superman better figure out just what that is, before it's too late!

RATED T

DEC160242 In Shops: Feb 08, 2017 SRP: $2.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Cagnazzo82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm liking the artwork and the coloring. Whoever's selecting the artists over at DC definitely deserves a kudos.

Also, as to the storyline in these books, I wonder... Any chance the mysterious Clark Kent has some connection to the upcoming Watchmen event?

Maybe I haven't been following closely but it really isn't logical that there's a human Clark Kent without powers who somehow appeared with this anomaly Clark Kent.

Ok, maybe I might be overthinking... (or way off :S)

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am quite interested in this human Clark and what's he about...I hope the result won't be disappointing. Damn Lois, jumping into danger like that... going undercover :)

And we might finally learn what's with those Superwomen and their exploding ? I mean both New52 Clark and New52 Lois 'died' the same way...must be something important.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Loving it

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RabumAlal

To be fair, that looks good.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Looks good.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superwoman is out next week...good thing too, 'cause that's a big spoiler for the issue.

Loving Lois undercover, for an older mom, she makes for a smoking good blonde

Avatar image for deactivated-62aed861cc7ee
deactivated-62aed861cc7ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks good.

Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sly_141

Anyone else think that Clark Kent is Hank Henshaw who is just been mentally programmed by Blanque?

MKW69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@sly_141: Which Hank Henshaw? Pre-Flashpoint or post Flashpoint?

Avatar image for beautifultemptress
BeautifulTemptress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

More hints, that Clark Kent is a New 52.

How Clark not noticed, that PF Lois looks older, than his Lois?

"My first thought when I read why did it take him so long to realize how special Lois is?"

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I want either Hank or Superboy Prime.

Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mkw69: I'm guessing Post Flashpoint cause that's the one that interacted with Blanqu and this Superman before

MKW69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@sly_141: For Me that Clark Kent is Blue/Red Superman from late 90's. I think that Flashpoint has remodelled heroes instead of rebooting them. Some of them weren't because of Convergence like Wally West or Superman. Wally got back but he was hit and absorbed by speed force. Remmants of Superman energy and people memory shape new 52 Superman. Meta context is there that people say that you can't identify with Superman (which is Bullcrap). He reassembled himself and using information from around the world.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I wish they just let Lois and Lana be super women without killing them off in their first storyline....

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@teerack: We really don't need 2 lois lane's. Lana will surely survive tho.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Lois looks fine as always

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@2cool4fun: you probably don't read most of DC's books so how can you say what we don't need? :P

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#21  Edited By 2cool4fun

@teerack: Well that's quite an assumption you got there. But I'm pretty sure we don't, we alrerady have 3-4 different Kryptonian powered people in metropolis, now that Lana also has powered, might be 5 if Kon ever comes back. And if she was not powered up, she'd just be useless to the plot over time :/

Besides, we already have 1 Lois Lane, at least this way, Lana can also stay relevant.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Teerack
@2cool4fun said:

@teerack: Well that's quite an assumption you got there. But I'm pretty sure we don't, we alrerady have 3-4 different Kryptonian powered people in metropolis, now that Lana also has powered, might be 5 if Kon ever comes back. And if she was not powered up, she'd just be useless to the plot over time :/

Besides, we already have 1 Lois Lane, at least this way, Lana can also stay relevant.

Dude its not really an assumption no one reads most of DC's book they make a billion books. Going "We don't need two version of Lois" lane is a big assumption. If you're not into something don't read it doesn't mean it wouldn't be cool.

There are two different Speeders named Wally West lol. I don't think there being two completely different Lois Lane's would be an issue. Rebirth was pretty much DC realizing that it doesnt matter what version a character is and are just using all their best stuff now instead of making everything some lame new version. New 52 Lois and Lane were cool and good characters apart from the original version of the characters.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#23  Edited By Lvenger
@sly_141 said:

Anyone else think that Clark Kent is Hank Henshaw who is just been mentally programmed by Blanque?

That's one of the several theories going around about who the new Clark Kent will turn out to be. Though Blanque being responsible is a new one for me.

@teerack said:
@2cool4fun said:

Dude its not really an assumption no one reads most of DC's book they make a billion books. Going "We don't need two version of Lois" lane is a big assumption. If you're not into something don't read it doesn't mean it wouldn't be cool.

There are two different Speeders named Wally West lol. I don't think there being two completely different Lois Lane's would be an issue. Rebirth was pretty much DC realizing that it doesnt matter what version a character is and are just using all their best stuff now instead of making everything some lame new version. New 52 Lois and Lane were cool and good characters apart from the original version of the characters.

But for the readers who do follow all of the Superman comics for example, it would be very confusing to see two Lois Lanes running about. The two Wallys have now been made into two separate characters so they can both be doing their own things. The two Lois Lanes are basically the same character from different universes. Having a regular journalist Lois and a super powered Lois makes no sense since it takes away from the human supporting cast in the Superman cast. Also, New 52 Lois was one of the biggest complaints from her fanbase.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

I am start to get sick of seeing homages to Crisis on Infinite Earths Pose.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius said:

I am start to get sick of seeing homages to Infinite Crisis Pose.

I think you mean Crisis on Infinite Earths pose homages.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Teerack

@lvenger said:
@sly_141 said:

That's one of the several theories going around about who the new Clark Kent will turn out to be. Though Blanque being responsible is a new one for me.

@teerack said:
@2cool4fun said:

But for the readers who do follow all of the Superman comics for example, it would be very confusing to see two Lois Lanes running about. The two Wallys have now been made into two separate characters so they can both be doing their own things. The two Lois Lanes are basically the same character from different universes. Having a regular journalist Lois and a super powered Lois makes no sense since it takes away from the human supporting cast in the Superman cast. Also, New 52 Lois was one of the biggest complaints from her fanbase.

Nah, That is a fear that people have that both marvel and dc have proven wrong. People always think if there are two of anything people's heads will implode but it doesnt happen and its currently not happening in the flash books.

They still never explained why New 52 Superman and Lois aren't like the rest of the Rebirth cast and aren't the "real" ones. I don't want that whole plot to be dropped for the sake of shock value no one even thought was cool.

And it actually doesn't take anything away from the supporting cast since they are two different people.

It's not as if there haven't been multiple versions of the same character from two different universe in the same continuity for long periods of time... that is kinda like DC's thing.

And honestly all of these "reasons" are really just justifications for being close minded saying the things you don't want to read shouldn't exist. /shrug

Carnivius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like these Superman comics. I also like we don't have to wait long at all for the next issues. :D

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

Nah, That is a fear that people have that both marvel and dc have proven wrong. People always think if there are two of anything people's heads will implode but it doesnt happen and its currently not happening in the flash books.

They still never explained why New 52 Superman and Lois aren't like the rest of the Rebirth cast and aren't the "real" ones. I don't want that whole plot to be dropped for the sake of shock value no one even thought was cool.

And it actually doesn't take anything away from the supporting cast since they are two different people.

It's not as if there haven't been multiple versions of the same character from two different universe in the same continuity for long periods of time... that is kinda like DC's thing.

And honestly all of these "reasons" are really just justifications for being close minded saying the things you don't want to read shouldn't exist. /shrug

It doesn't always work like with the Flashes or Green Lanterns though. Do you think it would be a good idea for both New 52 Superman and the Pre Flashpoint Superman to exist at the same time? Not only would that overcomplicate things but fans would argue about who the better Superman is and why they should stay.

Well they're going to explain the deal with New 52 Superman and Lois in the Superman Reborn event in March I believe. So that's where you can find the answers to that plot point.

Except that they're both essentially the same character but one has superpowers for no reason. Superheroes are supposed to have normal people in their supporting cast, not just other heroes. Plus New 52 Lois was poorly used and marginalised when DC had Superman date Wonder Woman instead.

Not at the same time though. It's not as if Pre Crisis Barry Allen has existed at the same time as modern Barry Allen, or Silver Age Superman existing in the Post Crisis universe.

It's not just the things I don't like shouldn't exist. It's that it overcomplicates things and tries to appeal to too many people all at once. Before they killed off New 52 Superman I was saying DC would need to pick one version and stick with it, and I felt the same way about Lois. She's not nearly as interesting or well written as the older Lois Lane.

MisoSoup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

10 years have been stolen from the DC timeline.

What if this Clark Kent is Superboy Prime ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like how human Clark Kent is just really determined to get stories. It has a very silver age feel to it.

Paracelsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Paracelsus

To be fair, EVERY superhero/heroine has an identity crisis from time to time- am i (insert name of hero/heroine here), masked avenger of the night or mild mannered/playboy socialite( ie Zorro, Batman, Iron Man) much like undercover cops or spies who have been in "deep cover" too long!

Terry

LVDBot1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All I can say is...

NNNGGGHHH!!!