adding images and setting default for page

g33ky monk3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

I keep getting a message that says I need 5,000 points to set a default image for a page. My current wiki points total is 58,396. Is that a known issue or is it something to do with the recent changes on Comicvine?

g33ky monk3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

I also just typed out a long block of text and hit submit, only for a message to pop up saying that my editing privileges have been suspended and to check my messages to find out why. I don't have a message, in my email or my inbox here on the site. And from what I can tell the block of text is completely gone.

KillerZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#3 KillerZ  Moderator

Send an angry message to support saying that the error message needs to be changed.

I've seen too many people scared by that error now, and the tech people are aware of it.

The problem is the editor doesn't like non standard characters, and quite inconsistently, so you have to check everyone or change all to standard just in case. Plus, if it is an old page links can be broken, which gives the same error.

These are the ones I have had trouble with ´`’‘“”–…—àéè;

Better to replace them with regular ' " ... - a e,

Was it a new page or old one, if old page can you link it, I can make it work.

KillerZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#4 KillerZ  Moderator

And the main image change is connected to the live-edit thing, since you are back in the modqueue it doesn't work.