Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

THE CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE WORKS OF AN ORIGINAL FICTION.

Immortality: Tales of the Undead- High Stakes

Bruce Tamer and his step-sister, Tanya had been hunting down vampires throughout their lives. Eventually, they had to deal with the fact that sometimes things could go wrong along the way. For instance, they both had to destroy a centuries-old vampire named Marcus. Being tired already, Bruce was now 25 years old, and wondered if he ever going to stop hunting.

On the other hand, Tanya couldn't stop doing this kind of job, because she was darn good at it. In fact, her father was also a natural-born hunter. She knew that her father was already married once, after she met Bruce for the first time. She stared at her step-brother, who keeps smoking in the car...

"What?" Bruce stared at her. "Can't a guy smoke?" Tanya shook her head. She hated the smoke alright. It wasn't that she feared she would get lung cancer or anything else. But smoking was a bad habit. Her father used to smoke too, and that her mother never liked it.

Bruce smiled at her. Eventually, he never thought he could have a sister in his life. Not to mention, she was hot. It was wrong to think that way, and Bruce sighed at the thought of it.

Their phones beeped loudly. Both hunters checked the message. It was delivered by the hunters organization. HO, if you could call it that short. Most likely, the organization liked to keep it under wraps for they didn't want to expose their nature in public. Not to mention, getting panicked about the undead, of course.

Yeah... Bruce thought. He figured the organization would do something like that. Covering deaths of deadly vampires who preyed on humanity for so many years... That was something a journalist would try to uncover. But that one failed. Because one guy who tried to get the scoop of their hunting ground, his camera was broken. Bruce laughed at the thought of it.

Tanya looked at him. "What's so funny?"

Bruce said, "Oh... Remember that journalist who tried to cam us?"

"Yeah... So?"

"So... His camera got broken. He shouldn't have done that."

Tanya sighed. "He was only doing his job. What else do you expect?"

"Yeah... And our job is to keep our job hidden. If you know what I mean..." He continued smoking.

Tanya rolled her eyes, and then shook her head. "So... We're going to kill another centuries-old baddie. Eh? What's the deal with that?"

"That's because we're good at what we do, half-sis. Nothing more than that. I've heard the hunters tried to kill him though."

"Oh..." Tanya looked at him worriedly. "Okay..."

"What? You chicken?" Bruce laughed and made the chicken sound. Tanya shoved his shoulder.

"Hey! I was just joking." Of course, he needed that. Because he always fantasized his half-sister touching him. And guess what? He got a hard-on.

"Anyways..." Bruce continued. "We shouldn't get too cocky about this mission. So... yeah."

"Um... Excuse me? But you're the one who sounds cocky. Remember?"

"Yeah, half-sis. But that's what our teacher said. Don't get cocky. Yeah, I get it. Let's roll!" He started the car engine and drove faster than the speeding bullet.

"Hey!" Tanya shouted angrily. "Not so fast. Did your mother ever teach you how to drive?"

Bruce looked at her and grinned. "Nope. She was dead at the time. Dad taught me."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the mansion, Vladimir Rubinstein had the notion that several vampire hunters were out to get him. But he smiled at the thought of it. Everyone else had tried it, so why not the others?

But the recent news of Marcus' death had hit the vampire community like a heatwave. He knew Marcus very well. In fact, he and Marcus went a long time back when...

My love... Vladimir was supposed to marry his future wife on that very day. But he had a heart condition that was eating him alive. He was afraid of dying... and that's when Marcus appeared.

"I can give you life, Vladimir. Trust in me, and you'll be free from your death." And Vladimir accepted the offer. But it came with a price. He figured that he could also turn his fiancee into one of the undead. But she refused.

Vladimir's past thoughts got interrupted when one of his vampire goons have arrived. "Sir... Those kids are coming."

"Kids?" Vladimir was a bit surprised to hear that.

"Yeah... kids." The goon had turned out to be one of those young punks back in the 80s. And he used to be a famous rock star until he got addicted to drugs. That's when he met Vladimir for the first time.

"I see. And these... kids. You mean hunters?"

"Yeah... I guess you could say that. I have sources..."

"That's enough." Vladimir stopped him. "You don't have to tell me more. I'm completely aware of it."

"Oh... Just wanted to let you know."

Vladimir sighed and often wondered why he turned the former rock star into a vampire. By the looks of it, he may not be useless in luring beautiful women to his lair. But when it came to the old business as usual, he was clumsy as ever.

"I want you to call your boys and kill these hunters for me. Understand?"

"I hear you loud and clear, sir."

Vladimir snickered. "Do not fail me, Alan. Remember... I saved your life from those awful drugs." Alan didn't say anything to that. He just left.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The thought of sleeping with Tanya have never occurred to him. But he had this great feeling of sensation that he could actually do it. He smiled.

Bruce... Bruce... The young hunter didn't seem to listen to her. He was just smiling and...

Someone honked at them, and Tanya screamed angrily, "BRUCE!" Bruce came back to his senses and drove the car away from the other vehicle. The driver stopped and then got out. "Stupid kids! Watch where you're going!"

"Jesus Christ, Bruce! What the hell were you..." she stopped and noticed something, bulging on her half-brother's pants.

"What?" Bruce looked at her for any indication of why she stopped talking. And then he also noticed it.

"Are you kidding me?" Tanya wanted to laugh, but couldn't.

Oh, Christ! Bruce thought. What the hell's wrong with me? He stopped the car when he noticed Vladimir's mansion on the hillside. "Okay half-sis, let me explain."

"Don't even try. Let's just go. Okay?" She walked out of the car, and opened the trunk. She grabbed several weapons.

Back in the driver's seat, Bruce sighed and went to get the weapons for himself. Both the hunters didn't say a single word.

After a few moments of silence, Tanya finally spoke, "So... What were you dreaming about?" Bruce looked at her and thought, Is she serious?

"Um... Just some girl."

"Some girl?"

"Yeah... Back in high school. You know... the usual stuff."

"I see..." She walked slowly towards the mansion. The gates were already opened for them.

Bruce said, "Looks like the Russian vamp was waiting for us. How old do you think he is?"

"Does it matter? We didn't even know the exact age of Marcus." She raised her stake, and watched out for any signs of the damned things.

"Vampire at 12 o' clock!" Bruce raised his own weapon, the crossbow and shot an arrow. The vampire screamed.

The other bloodsuckers came out of their hiding place, and jumped on them. Tanya stabbed several vampires, back and forth. By learning several, karate moves back at the hunters academy, she could handle any vampire attack even from a long range. Bruce moved back and shot a couple of arrows. Then he stopped.

Oh, screw this. He dropped the crossbow, and took out a garlic bomb from his side pocket. Then, he threw it at them. The vampires screamed and coughed out blood.

"Well.. Well... You two lovebirds sure know how to play a game."

Both the hunters looked at him. Bruce said, "Um... we're not lovers."

"Oh..." Alan shrugged.

"Say..." Bruce started to recognize him. "Are you that rock star? My god. You're really him!"

"Um..." Tanya said annoyingly. "We didn't come here for an autograph."

Bruce looked at her, unbelievably. "Tanya... this guy used to be my favorite rock star. I was a huge fan."

"Well, not anymore." Tanya rushed towards Alan Dirkston like a flash. But the former rock star had his own moves. He kicked the girl back, and avoided the stake.

"F***!" Tanya huffed slowly and concentrated on killing Alan. She moved so fast that even the vampire matched her skills. It was unbelievable.

"Nice try," Alan said wickedly. "You should hear my music. It's pretty wicked."

"For your information, I hate rock music." She kicked the rock star on the jaw.

"Ouch!" Bruce said wincing at the sight. "That's gotta hurt."

Alan moved back and stood there, watching her. "You're feisty. I like that."

"Really?" Tanya said. "How about this?" She moved around and kicked his face, over and over again. Alan fell down on the ground. Then Tanya raised her stake, and stabbed his heart.

Alan cried out painfully. Then he was turned to dust.

"Cool move, half-sis. Now, let's get that Russian vamp."

Tanya looked at him and smiled. "You and me both."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back at the mansion, the world's deadliest vampire had his own plans of controlling the city's vast resources. He even had ties with criminal organizations that not even the vampire communities knew about. But he was deeply respected by his own kind until...

Marcus was dead. The vampire community shouted their fears at Vladimir during the past council meeting. There were other vampires who were far older than Vladimir himself. But given the fact that Marcus was killed by a bunch of "kids," the Russian vampire was stunned to hear the news.

Now he knew that Alan would fail killing them, he decided to venture out alone into the open, and waited for their arrival.

The young hunters have noticed him, standing in the front entrance of his domain. Vladimir smiled. "You both are strong. I can give you that. But can you beat me?"

Tanya snickered. "You're no different than Marcus. Yeah, we can beat you alright." Bruce looked at her and thought, And here I thought I was the only one who's cocky.

Both hunters fought the Russian vampire. But Vladimir was too fast for them. He punched Bruce on the face, and then kicked Tanya on the gut. Then he disappeared.

When he came back behind Tanya, she immediately moved around and then kicked... But the vampire vanished again. He laughed.

"Great, half-sis," Bruce said, getting frustrated. "It looks we've got a major baddie on our hands."

"I don't get it," Tanya said, huffing loudly. "We were able to beat Marcus together. It doesn't make sense."

"That's because Vladimir was his student. I assume students were stronger than their teachers. Have you ever seen Star Wars?"

Tanya looked at him, confused. "Um... No."

Bruce sighed. "Never mind." They both rushed towards Vladimir. But he vanished again, and then beat them. They fell back on the ground.

"$h!t!" Bruce cried out painfully. "Tanya..." He looked at her and noticed that she was unconscious.

"TANYA!" He came towards her, and shook her several times. "Tanya, wake up!" Then he stopped. He did the unthinkable. Tanya woke up slowly, and slapped him.

"WHAT THE HELL!" Bruce shouted at her, and moved back. "I was only trying to save you!"

"You kissed me! Jesus Christ!"

"Oh, my god! I was only giving you some... air."

"Yeah right." Tanya got up and stared at the vampire. Vladimir laughed at them. "I see you're both siblings. Very interesting."

"You're right, Vlad," Bruce said. "But not quite." He raised his silver blade, and threw it at him. The vampire moved away like a cat. Then, Bruce threw a garlic bomb.

The vampire coughed out blood. Tanya moved against him, and grabbed the stake. She said, "Damn it, Bruce. I can't see him. You and your garlic bomb!"

"Christ! He's right there!" Bruce tried to point his finger towards the lurking shadow. Tanya still looked around the smoke, and finally noticed it. She stabbed him.

"AAAAH!" Vladimir tried to get the stake out of his chest. But he was getting weak. "Damn you... I will not let some kids..." Then he fell down. Both the hunters looked at the body. It was turning into ashes, slowly.

"Christ!" Tanya said. "Next time, don't throw one of those fuc**** @$$ bombs."

Bruce looked at her, confused. "@$$ bombs?"

"You know what I mean."

Bruce thought about it, and then realized what she meant. Oh...

Tanya looked back at the vampire's remains. "Come on... let's go. We're done here."

"Tanya..." Bruce said slowly as they both went back towards the car. "I'm sorry about..."

"Don't even mention it," Tanya said. "Say... Is that were you dreaming about earlier?"

"Um..." Bruce tried to say something about it, but couldn't.

"Christ Bruce, you need a real girlfriend. But I can help you with that. How's that sound?"

"Sure. I guess that sounds fine. But..."

"But what?"

"I'm still a virgin."

Next story- A Trick of the Light.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Edited