Better casting: Robert Pattinson as Batman or Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman?

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Better casting: Robert Pattinson as Batman or Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman? (49 votes)

Pattinson as Batman 88%
Gadot as WW 12%
 • 
frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#1 frozen  Moderator

Pattinson as Batman and it's not really close. He's a far better actor (Good Time, The Ligthouse, etc). He fully embodied and inhabited the role of Batman. It was like watching comic Batman come to life.

Gal isn't a good actress at all, she has some very weak moments in her solo film coupled with some downright bad moments in Wonde Woman 1984. And the "Kal El noo" will forever be cringe.

PaleBlood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Still haven't watched The Batman, but it's not that hard to top Gadot, tbh...

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean for me the difference is in the acting mainly, which Pattinson is far superior in acting with his character in The Batman and has better material to work with. No slight to Gal tho, even is she is the inferior actor/tress, she still encapsulates just about everything you could pretty much want from Diana that isn’t superficial

God_Vulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pattinson is a better actor but Gadot is far better in that specific role.

Darkvanderling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Darkvanderling

Pattinson is a far superior actor and his performance as Batman is way better. Gal Gadot is a mediocre actress.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Pattinson, even though I didn't like his portrayal of Bruce Wayne.

Gal Gadot fits the role in terms of looks, but her acting is not great.

Avatar image for deactivated-62464a303f4e5
deactivated-62464a303f4e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

Pattinson as Batman and it's not really close. He's a far better actor (Good Time, The Ligthouse, etc). He fully embodied and inhabited the role of Batman. It was like watching comic Batman come to life.

Gal isn't a good actress at all, she has some very weak moments in her solo film coupled with some downright bad moments in Wonde Woman 1984. And the "Kal El noo" will forever be cringe.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ghostodoofus2

@geekryan: I think looks is definitely Gadot's main selling point, her fanbase (50% of which consist of thirsty men) wouldn't be half as big if she wasn't good looking.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostodoofus2 said:

I think looks is definitely Gadot's main selling point, her fanbase (50% of which consist of thirsty men) wouldn't be half as big if she wasn't good looking.

Robert Pattinson is really good-looking as well. For people who are bisexual, it's arguable that he's even better than Gal Gadot in terms of looks. This argument goes either way, though.

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By skywalker95

Pattinson, not even close.

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

is this a joke

J_Normal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By J_Normal

Gadot is not a good actress. Dhe just had the look.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By krisbishop  Moderator

Battinson and it's not close. Gal Gadot was chosen purely for her looks and ethnicity, and her acting ability isn't quite there.

mandabub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

macattack1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By macattack1

I think Pattinson made an excellent Batman but I’m still unsure on his Bruce Wayne. Then again we didn’t get to see much of him in that capacity.

But I’m not a huge fan of Gal so I think Pattinson is much better in his role

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 frozen  Moderator

I think Pattinson made an excellent Batman but I’m still unsure on his Bruce Wayne. Then again we didn’t get to see much of him in that capacity.

But I’m not a huge fan of Gal so I think Pattinson is much better in his role

I think he nailed the Bruce they were going for. This Bruce doesn't really know who he outside of Batman. He hasn't dealt with his trauma, so he is in full Batman mode all the time. He's very repressed, almost like an observant alien around others. He's visibly shy and awkward to a degree.

The scene below (where he finds out the truth of his parents) really showcased his acting chops IMO. You can see from his eyes that his whole world and sense of reality is falling apart.

No Caption Provided

Hopefully the sequel gives us businessman playboy Bruce Wayne. But for what we got I loved the "Kurt Cobain" Buce Wayne they went with.

macattack1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By macattack1

@frozen: yeh I sort of agree with you actually, his Bruce Wayne not really feeling like Bruce Wayne to me wasn’t so much to do with Pattinson’s performance, but more the direction they went with his character. They made him more of a brooding recluse rather than a playboy businessman.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 frozen  Moderator

@frozen: yeh I sort of agree with you actually, his Bruce Wayne not really feeling like Bruce Wayne to me wasn’t so much to do with Pattinson’s performance, but more the direction they went with his character. They made him more of a brooding recluse rather than a playboy businessman.

For sure, this is early Bruce. The way they used that for the plot also worked IMO. His obsession with Batman and neglect of Bruce directly lead to Falcone misapproproating his parents funds. So now he definitely has a reason to be the philanthropist Bruce we all know for the sequel. In a way, it's the reverse of Bale's Bruce, who began as a playboy in Begins and regressed into a recluse by Rises. Whereas this Bruce begins as a recluse and will develop into the playboy.

macattack1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: yeh I hope so. And I agree It definitely worked for the story. For me personally I prefer Pattinson’s Batman and Bales Bruce. But that could change as Pattinson’s Bruce matures

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 frozen  Moderator

@frozen: yeh I hope so. And I agree It definitely worked for the story. For me personally I prefer Pattinson’s Batman and Bales Bruce. But that could change as Pattinson’s Bruce matures

Agreed. Personally I like both takes on Bruce, but Bale's was exceptional.

DarthAdi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pattinson and is not close.

Him and Adam Driver are maybe the best actors of their generation. Gal Gadot is not even that good.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morghulis: Why did you tag me? I was simply responding to one of his points.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morghulis: Stop capping. You were trying to roast me.

ANGELICA10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ANGELICA10

The 9% in this poll lacks the ability to form a proper critique. Anyway Pattinson is the best live action Batman while Gal Gadot's performance was only good in WW. Gal also can't act for shit and her only good performance is in WW which wasn't great or memorable while Pattinson outperforms Willem Dafoe in the lighthouse where both of them gave best actor winning performances while being an extremely nuanced and memorable Batman. There isn't a single good critique regarding why the movie is bad or Pattinson's Batman isn't great. From the trailers alone be was the best Batman and it was better than that in the movie

HDoom16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: you get that from like the 6 words he spoke as Batman or like the three scenes we got of him as Bruce where he doesn’t act any different than Batman does

sabracadabra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think a lot of people are missing the point of this question. It isn't about who the better actor is, its about who was better suited for that particular role. I would say gal was a better wonder woman, but pattinson is definitely the better overall actor.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 frozen  Moderator

I think a lot of people are missing the point of this question. It isn't about who the better actor is, its about who was better suited for that particular role. I would say gal was a better wonder woman, but pattinson is definitely the better overall actor.

I think people got the question just fine. Pattinson is not only the better actor, but also better suited to his role. Gal's wooden acting was evident in parts of the films. She isn't able to convey certain emotions and her line delivery was cringe at parts. This makes her less suited to the role. Whereas Rob is much more capable of expressing certsin emotions in a more believable manner as Batman. His performance as Batman is simply far better than hers as Wonder Woman. If it's a question of "who looks the part" more, then I still wouldn't say Gal.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tied

DeWitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

Gal's poor acting makes her a bad choice for most casting to be honest.
So my vote goes to Pattinson as Batman.