• 166 results
Transformaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Transformaa

It's pretty ironic that civil war had so many similarities to Dawn of Justice..Even the same similarities\ plot holes BvS got criticize heavily for. In BvS people and the government think Superman is too powerful and wanted to restrict him; whereas in CW, they think the Avengers are too powerful and UN wanted to restrict their action too. In BvS Batman wanted to take down Superman, in CW Iron Man wanted to take down Captain America. In BvS we saw a very angry Batman fighting Superman and in CW we saw a very angry Iron Man fighting Captain America in their final fight. In both movies they have heavy action. But in BvS they refer the action scenes cgi crap but in CW it's the greatest CB battles of all time. In BvS Superman fought Batman because he wanted to rescue his mother, and in CW, Captain America wanted to save his best friend. Iron Man lost his emotion, and had a Martha moment when he found out who killed his parents, Batman was in the same situation when he thought Superman was mentioning his mother's name and he didn't know why. In both movies, one superhero could kill the other superhero in the battle but didn't at the last moment; One was using a Kryptonite spear, the other one used the Captain America's shield. In both movies, there's a bad guy behind manipulating the fight. Lex and Zemo. In both movies there are bombs going off at hearings and in both movies a main character is being blamed for violent accusations he didn't do. In both movies a genius figured out a secret identity that only he knew about. But Zack Snyder got ridiculed for him have Lex figure out identies for meta humans for 2 years. While Ironman found out who spiderman was in days or even hours..Is that not a plot hole? Or is it not because Disney Marvel can do whatever they want and fans will call it a masterpiece..In both movies the main villains end up in prison..Out of all these similarities..One movie is often referred to being the worst CBM of all time..and the other is being considered the greatest CBM of all time..lol..The Marvel praise is real and the DC hate is manufactured by Marvel fans because I just proved it!

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZrzg62Zj0

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I like both movies, so, I'm happy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
deactivated-5967bf6197d40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Poor, poor soul

Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it also pulled it off 10 times better.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

And your point? Also the government restriction thing came from a comic from more than a decade ago so if anything DC was copying Marvel so it all evens out.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

Wall of text.

No Caption Provided

TheIronLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: And Watchmen/Kingdom Come did it even before Civil War, so Marvel is the one who ripped them off.

@transformaa: As for you, I couldn't agree more. It'll take some time for people to switch from Marvel to DC, but it will happen. In the meantime, I hope WB don't give in to the haters and change their approach to DC movies

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@transformaa: as I was reading it started off making me want to gouge my eyes out but then you made a lot of sense towards the end.

Civil war DID do alot of good things BVS didn't but the hate it recieved unnecessary. I loved BVS

threefacerobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Civil War executed everything so much better.

Curve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol

Transformaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redatom1234: lol..I know it's a lot to take in, but I had to put it out there full fedge to open up some eyes and spread light on the issue!

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

As if Marvel copying DC is anything new

Transformaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Transformaa

@theironlord: indeed

Dceu is heavily outnumbered in terms of fans..

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theironlord: Marvel did it with mutant registration way before kingdom come and Watchmen didn't do restrictions they outright illeagalized super heroes only kept a few around as mercs basically.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its all in the execution. Sharing plot points doesn't mean one movie should be immune to criticism just because another one got praise. Chances are that Tony already knew who Spiderman was before he needed to bring him in also.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

TheIronLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheIronLord

@joshmightbe: Yes, but the Civil War story wasn't about government wanting to have mutant freaks listed, it was about a war between superheroes fighting over whether to register or not... much like Kingdom Come.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmfao. Cool story bro. They have cream for all of that butthurt.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theironlord: the government had little to do with heroes in Kingdom come, the conflict was that Superman was forcing heroes to fall in line behind him. The government didn't get involved until they found out about his illegal prison.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The films come out essentially a month apart. So unless you think they edited their film to be like BvS in a month before its release which isn't even possible for several reasons, they didn't.

Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And if you want to point fingers, TDK copied Steven Strange's Origin.

Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theironlord: In the Movie Version, the act wasnt what caused the fighting.

It was Cap's stupid decision to help a murdering fugitive that caused the fighting.

If you take the Act and asked Cap to sign it without Bucky involved there would be no fight at the end of the Movie.

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't even know where to start lmao

Avatar image for passingthroughv2
passingthroughv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@love:It wasn't the fugitive's fault though he should not have ran, I still blame Wanda for Ultron though.

Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Love

@passingthroughv2: I know it wasnt his fault, but Cap could have done a million things different to avoid that conflict.

Like let Bucky escape in the helicopter then tell the Avengers that he's innocent, help Tony prove it with Tony's resources.

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

U wot m8?
U wot m8?

passingthroughv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@love: Agree Cap was an idiot especially with not telling Tony that Bucky killed his parents, Cap wtf, I feel one of his dumbest moments was overreacting to Wanda's house arrest I feel that was a good call on Tony's part.

Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@passingthroughv2: Cap was way to hard headed in this Movie, makes me doubt his leadership. How is he supposed to lead them into battle against Thanos if he can't clear Bucky without all this going south?

passingthroughv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By passingthroughv2

@love: The directors will figure something out I just hope Cap and his new team mess up and see things from Tony's PoV he sees through theirs that is why he didn't pick up for Ross at the end, I just hope Tony gets more ppl for his Avengers team we have Spidey, Vision, Warmachine and himself, 4 members, Black Widow was not really part of the team T'challa only there to fight WS. I just hope something goes right for him in the next movies. Avengers 2 Wanda messes with his mind creates Ultron, CA: CW Avengers his family got broken up.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably it is time for even the most hardcore fans break free from the corporate/allegiance mindset, have your own opinion and be able to criticize WB, Snyder and everyone else that has influence in the Dceu creative decisions, (and not just choose the easy way, its Disney/Marvel fault/conspiracy, that normally leads to future similar results) can have impact in some final creative decisions, the first stuff from X-Men: Apocalypse, was not good at all and now Apocalypse doesn't even look the same pink character... The same applies for the Mcu fans and their relation with Disney/Marvel creative decisions...

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeeeeea.. no.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I agree is almost the same movie, only it was better in almost everyway except BvS had Batman, arguably better visual and the ending is almost better, but they ruin it by showing dirt rising up.

I found BvS to be an okay movie, civil war was an amazing movie with almost no flaw and manage to be cohesive despite the size of the cast unlike BvS, which had weird cuts and editing.

I am not trying to bash BvS, but civil war was the movie people wanted from BvS.

Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Transformaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgames: I can understand that point of view!..They wanted a happier film. With lots of laughter and action..technically the same movie plot wise..BvS is a much darker film

Transformaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Transformaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samjackson: you can start by seeing yourself off my post..or you can elaborate on the many topics of similarities I gave you

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Civil War was the better movie but I still liked BvS.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awh I knew the reach for hate would be strong today. Civil war was as close to a perfect superhero movie as we will ever get.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By SamJackson

@transformaa said:

@samjackson: you can start by seeing yourself off my post..or you can elaborate on the many topics of similarities I gave you

@transformaa said:

It's pretty ironic that civil war had so many similarities to Dawn of Justice..Even the same similarities\ plot holes BvS got criticize heavily for. In BvS people and the government think Superman is too powerful and wanted to restrict him; whereas in CW, they think the Avengers are too powerful and UN wanted to restrict their action too.

In BvS Batman wanted to take down Superman, in CW Iron Man wanted to take down Captain America.

Bruce wanted to KILL Clark, where Tony wanted Steve to sign the accords and to arrest Bucky and later kill Bucky. Tony was really after Bucky and Steve was in his way. Bruce was after Clark.

In BvS we saw a very angry Batman fighting Superman and in CW we saw a very angry Iron Man fighting Captain America in their final fight.

So? We also see a very angry Iron Man fighting Bucky too. We see angry characters fight in movies all the time.

In both movies they have heavy action.

Well an action movie is suppose to have action..

In BvS Superman fought Batman because he wanted to rescue his mother, and in CW, Captain America wanted to save his best friend.

And Spider-Man fought Green Goblin to save Mary Jane in Spider-Man and then again to save Gwen Stacy in TASM2. They're always fighting to save someone.

Iron Man lost his emotion, and had a Martha moment when he found out who killed his parents, Batman was in the same situation when he thought Superman was mentioning his mother's name and he didn't know why.

How is this even the same? lmao. The "Martha Moment" was Bruce getting confused no longer wanting to fight/kill. When Iron Man watched the video he did the complete opposite and went into a frenzy and started fighting and trying to kill.

In both movies, one superhero could kill the other superhero in the battle but didn't at the last moment; One was using a Kryptonite spear, the other one used the Captain America's shield.

But Cap wasn't trying to kill Tony. All he wanted to do was help Bucky escape and stop Iron Man from killing him. Whereas Bruce was actually trying to kill Clark and been planning it for 2 years.

In both movies, there's a bad guy behind manipulating the fight. Lex and Zemo.

Marvel wouldn't have known this until after BvS was released right? CW came out a little over a month after BvS, you think they changed their script to copy off BvS with that short time frame?

In both movies a genius figured out a secret identity that only he knew about.

What secret identity did Zemo find out? Barely anyone in the MCU even has one lol. Are you referring to how Zemo knew Bucky was Winter Soldier? Well 2 years ago it was revealed that Hydra has infiltrated SHIELD. Black Widow then released all of SHIELD and Hydra secrets on the internet. People knew Bucky was Winter Soldier they even mentioned it on the news in CW. Zemo mentioned finding things out and putting things together after Widow released all the information online.

But Zack Snyder got ridiculed for him have Lex figure out identies for meta humans for 2 years.

The difference is it was already set up for CW. Hydra (who were the ones that had Bucky) had their secrets leaked online. Zemo mentioned and referenced this in CW so it didn't come from nowhere like Lex finding out the entire Justice Leagues secret identities and even giving them their logos lol.

While Ironman found out who spiderman was in days or even hours..Is that not a plot hole? Or is it not because Disney Marvel can do whatever they want and fans will call it a masterpiece..

Who said he found out in days or hours? How do we know how long he's known? Let's not forget Tony has some of the best technology on the planet and is one of the smartest people in the MCU by feats. Watching videos of Spider-Man on YouTube and using Friday to run some sort of analyzes to figure out who is Spider-Man really is quite plausible.

In both movies the main villains end up in prison..

Well a villain can really only end up dead or in some sort of prison unless there's some sort of Pt.2 involved.

Out of all these similarities..

Waiting for them..

One movie is often referred to being the worst CBM of all time..and the other is being considered the greatest CBM of all time..lol

People aren't allowed to have an opinion? Besides no one thinks BvS is actually the worst CBM of all time with movies like Steel, Catwoman and Elektra out there. People are just disappointed because the movie had so much potential but it was a huge let down.

..The Marvel praise is real and the DC hate is manufactured by Marvel fans because I just proved it!

Its kind of obvious you're in your feelings..

quantum-savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally haven't seen Civil War yet but I plan to and I know I'll love it , just like I loved BvS. Now it's blatantly obvious that there was lots of bias towards Synders creation. I just wanna start by saying its okay to be a fan of DC and Marvel at the same time , it's like most people dont get that and everything that people hated about the movie (which to me wasn't bad in any sense) was just cherry picking, from Eisenberg being Lex Luthor(who was great IMO)to Batman killin people(my personal favorite movie adaptation) , to me it was a welcome change of pace from the comic counterparts and wasn't the typical experience any movie reviewers were already comfortable with and expecting. People hated this movie for no reasons besides being fanboys and hating it because it was cool to hate it and it bothers my that like nobody understood the context behind some of the lines in the movie most notably the whole "Martha" conversation, which to me shows how good the writing in the movie is. People need to ease up off this movie.

Transformaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@transformaa said:

@transformaa said:

It's pretty ironic that civil war had so many similarities to Dawn of Justice..Even the same similarities\ plot holes BvS got criticize heavily for. In BvS people and the government think Superman is too powerful and wanted to restrict him; whereas in CW, they think the Avengers are too powerful and UN wanted to restrict their action too.

In BvS Batman wanted to take down Superman, in CW Iron Man wanted to take down Captain America.

Bruce wanted to KILL Clark, where Tony wanted Steve to sign the accords and to arrest Bucky and later kill Bucky. Tony was really after Bucky and Steve was in his way. Bruce was after Clark.

It doesn't matter which way you put it..Ironman wanted to kill buck because of his mother death. Just like batman wanting to finish off clark for bringing up his mothers name. Both are similar but BvS did it better!

In BvS we saw a very angry Batman fighting Superman and in CW we saw a very angry Iron Man fighting Captain America in their final fight.

So? We also see a very angry Iron Man fighting Bucky too. We see angry characters fight in movies all the time. This is true but I'm not comparing other movies..I'm comparing BvS and CW similarities

In both movies they have heavy action.

Well an action movie is suppose to have action..

I said I've heard complaints of BvS having bad CGI also while hearing CW having the best..

In BvS Superman fought Batman because he wanted to rescue his mother, and in CW, Captain America wanted to save his best friend.

And Spider-Man fought Green Goblin to save Mary Jane in Spider-Man and then again to save Gwen Stacy in TASM2. They're always fighting to save someone.

I don't care about Gwen..Stay on topic!

Iron Man lost his emotion, and had a Martha moment when he found out who killed his parents, Batman was in the same situation when he thought Superman was mentioning his mother's name and he didn't know why.

How is this even the same? lmao. The "Martha Moment" was Bruce getting confused no longer wanting to fight/kill. When Iron Man watched the video he did the complete opposite and went into a frenzy and started fighting and trying to kill.

no he actually talked to cap first before he went off to fight them both. It wasn't until cap told him he knew buck killed his parents that he went on a frenzy.

In both movies, one superhero could kill the other superhero in the battle but didn't at the last moment; One was using a Kryptonite spear, the other one used the Captain America's shield.

But Cap wasn't trying to kill Tony. All he wanted to do was help Bucky escape and stop Iron Man from killing him. Whereas Bruce was actually trying to kill Clark and been planning it for 2 years.

My point was cap had the opportunity to kill ironman with his shield the same way batman had the opportunity to kill clark with the spear..same similarity! They didn't kill

In both movies, there's a bad guy behind manipulating the fight. Lex and Zemo.

Marvel wouldn't have known this until after BvS was released right? CW came out a little over a month after BvS, you think they changed their script to copy off BvS with that short time frame?

no I don't think they changed the script last minute That's not even logical ..I believe Marvel changed the script after they knew the Plot for BvS..Than they changed the script during filming

In both movies a genius figured out a secret identity that only he knew about.

What secret identity did Zemo find out? Barely anyone in the MCU even has one lol. Are you referring to how Zemo knew Bucky was Winter Soldier? Well 2 years ago it was revealed that Hydra has infiltrated SHIELD. Black Widow then released all of SHIELD and Hydra secrets on the internet. People knew Bucky was Winter Soldier they even mentioned it on the news in CW. Zemo mentioned finding things out and putting things together after Widow released all the information online.

What are you talking about...I said geniuses as in ironman and lex..not zemo!

But Zack Snyder got ridiculed for him have Lex figure out identies for meta humans for 2 years.

The difference is it was already set up for CW. Hydra (who were the ones that had Bucky) had their secrets leaked online. Zemo mentioned and referenced this in CW so it didn't come from nowhere like Lex finding out the entire Justice Leagues secret identities and even giving them their logos lol.

You're still confused..read above statement

While Ironman found out who spiderman was in days or even hours..Is that not a plot hole? Or is it not because Disney Marvel can do whatever they want and fans will call it a masterpiece..

Who said he found out in days or hours? How do we know how long he's known? Let's not forget Tony has some of the best technology on the planet and is one of the smartest people in the MCU by feats. Watching videos of Spider-Man on YouTube and using Friday to run some sort of analyzes to figure out who is Spider-Man really is quite plausible.

You're missing the point I made in the above statement. I said how is it ok for ironman to find out who spiderman was in days or hrs? but when lex finds out Clarks identity people like you can't fathom how that's possible..you do know lex is a genius too right..just like tony, so my point was why not complain about Tony? not lex who had years to figure out meta humans! While Tony did it in hours.

In both movies the main villains end up in prison..

Well a villain can really only end up dead or in some sort of prison unless there's some sort of Pt.2 involved.

No there are a hundred other ways a villan can end up..not just in jail or dead..Very open minded you are!

Out of all these similarities..

Waiting for them..

gave you plenty.open you mind!

One movie is often referred to being the worst CBM of all time..and the other is being considered the greatest CBM of all time..lol

People aren't allowed to have an opinion? Besides no one thinks BvS is actually the worst CBM of all time with movies like Steel, Catwoman and Elektra out there. People are just disappointed because the movie had so much potential but it was a huge let down.

I don't care about electra..I've heard statements of people saying BvS is the worst superhero movie of all.That was my point of the unusual hate..those aren't opinion..it's called hate

..The Marvel praise is real and the DC hate is manufactured by Marvel fans because I just proved it!

Its kind of obvious you're in your feelings..

na bruh..just had to let it be known..I enjoyed CW..it just wasn't as epic as BvS. I wanted to call out hypocrites like you that bash movies that are similar but the love for marvel has you BLIND

Transformaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#50  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

The hypocrisy with this movie and its fans is strong.