DANIEL RADCLIFFE wolverine?

Hellblazer_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

With Hugh Jackman announcing he's done as Wolverine, I've seen discussions about a possible new Wolverine. Unsurprisingly, I've seen people claiming Wolverine's height doesn't matter for the character (so of course he should be tall again), but to that I disagree completely. His size is depicted in his very name, like how "Hulk" is big.

From the creators:

"He said, “Come up with a Canadian character called Wolverine.” So, I went and researched wolverines and discovered they were short, really hairy, feisty animals with razor-sharp claws who are utterly fearless and would take on animals 10 times their size. I went, well, that’s the easiest character I’ve ever created. I developed him out of that particular definition."

Even though Thor's tall height isn't his main power or characteristic, I guarantee you the majority would not be okay with a 5'3 Thor. Most men would not take the character seriously, and the women would flat out stop being fans. Height only stops mattering when people want a short character to be tall, because taller equals better, so why complain about an improvement?

For the record, I don't believe the actor's height is important, it's the onscreen height that matters. They didn't need the Hobbits to literally be played by 4'0 little people, but onscreen, they were little people. A 6'3 actor who plays Wolverine well is fine, but it'd be nice if they digitally made him shorter, like in Captain America where they made short men look weak.

If Marvel ever works out their movie rights, they'd really have no excuse once Wolverine ends up in the same movie as Captain America. After all, they made the effort to make Cap smaller, even though he was already tall in the comics. For some reason, busting out the CGI to make short men look lame is no problem, but the other way around is too much work.

Obviously this isn't some life or death issue, but fact of the matter is that positive role models are important. When it comes to portrayals of short men in fiction, Wolverine is in my opinion the very best one. To bring Wolverine and his classic short stature to the big screen would only benefit short men.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 anthp2000  Moderator

His physique is fine but I don't like him as an actor - not because he's bad at his job, but just because I find him annoying for whatever reason.

KingOfWakanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like the idea of picking a new Wolverine solely on height. Radcliffe has the stature, I'm sure with the right hair he might halfway resemble Logan, but doesn't have the toughness needed.

If I'm going under 6'0" give me Tom Hardy (which will be complicated if Venom crosses over) or Taron Egerton. I know those choices are basic af, but it's because they make the most sense.

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kevin Hart is still the best choice.

InvadedTBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LMFAO at this^^^^^^^ and Radcliffe ever playing Logan lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f
deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No just... no.

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

You make a compelling case for Wolverine being under 6 feet tall, but is Daniel Radcliffe the best choice? He's got more a lean Ultimate Spider-Man type physique than a stocky Wolverine one.

JaylinFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JaylinFreeman

Give me Tom Hardy, or Karl Urban.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

LMFAO at this^^^^^^^ and Radcliffe ever playing Logan lol.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

Hardy or bust

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ratcliffe would be hilarious as wolverine

The dude could put on muscle and he'd still look like a little dork

Nothing bad ass about the guy

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This would take his role as "the boy who lived" to an even greater extreme.

Now he will be "the boy who lives through everything".