Deadpool is the best selling marvel comic

Absol123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm talking about the mangas version of Deadpool

Yes, it is another "Mangas are better than comics" thread ;-)

No Caption Provided

https://www.cbr.com/deadpool-manga-worlds-biggest-marvel-comic/

Shonen Jump got the license to make a Deadpool manga and it OUTSOLD ANY COMIC that Marvel's published in 2021. Plus the FIRST TWO chapters have been read a million times each. Last Marvel comic to ship over a million copies in NA was Star Wars #1 in 2015.

The only way to save Marvel now is to just give licenses to Japan and let them do it.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator

@absol123 said:

The only way to save Marvel now is to just give licenses to Japan and let them do it.

Ah yes, because Marvel is totally failing now despite the success of the MCU.

Avatar image for sixpathsofcapra
SixPathsOfCapra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol 😆

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not going to lie, that's pretty embarrassing. I like both mediums but comics tends to better.

But then again, these days marvel pumps out crap like children of the atom and new new warriors so it's not that surprising they are flailing

Avatar image for applekidthethird
Applekidthethird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's pathetic how marvel fumbled the ball with their comics despite the MCU being like the biggest thing on the planet. They should've been able to expand their revenue by more than 10 times, yet somehow messed things up so bad that barely any book could hold it's place without being canceled

OG_Guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

That's hilarious. How are we in the golden age of superhero media and Marvel/DC can't pull anywhere close to those numbers 😭

Comics ain't shit. Manga supremacy

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@absol123 said:

I'm talking about the mangas version of Deadpool

Yes, it is another "Mangas are better than comics" thread ;-)

https://www.cbr.com/deadpool-manga-worlds-biggest-marvel-comic/

Shonen Jump got the license to make a Deadpool manga and it OUTSOLD ANY COMIC that Marvel's published in 2021. Plus the FIRST TWO chapters have been read a million times each. Last Marvel comic to ship over a million copies in NA was Star Wars #1 in 2015.

That's actually what dc tried to do with Marvel in the late 70's(have Marvel write/draw them under a license) but Marvel had to say no due to lack of writers and artists. Then dc started hiring better writers(mostly from Marvel) and embraced the idea of dark and edgy heroes and bounced back in the 80's. Also, a Deadpool manga is going to sell well both for novelty reasons as well as getting a combined Manga/comics viewership to draw from.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Who needs comics when you have the MCU? It makes far more money and easier to get into.

Satanishki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully that means more Marvel manga adaptationS

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 takenstew22  Moderator

Hopefully that means more Marvel manga adaptationS

I'd honestly want Marvel to have another shot at a manga universe. I think they tried that once and iirc failed horribly.

Solar_Mars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"CBR"

Yeah no.

Ningenoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Read first 5 chapters not impressed. It uses the same old jokes from the fox Deadpool movies repeatedly until they become exhausting. It felt forced and and cringe and tried too hard to be wacky and smart like the movies. But whatever the comictards Should be embarrassed. Long gone are their sad superiority complex. Manga shit on comics and rightfully so being the superior race

Ningenoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Read first 5 chapters not impressed. It uses the same old jokes from the fox Deadpool movies repeatedly until they become exhausting. It felt forced and and cringe and tried too hard to be wacky and smart like the movies. But whatever the comictards Should be embarrassed. Long gone are their sad superiority complex. Manga shit on comics and rightfully so being the superior race

Manhua and manhwa shit on manga. Jk i like it all including comics, well, the ones that are at least decent.

Ningenoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce: as much as I want to get into them I have never read a good manhwa tbh..aside from TOG

Iggypop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@absol123: Making marvel Japanese won't save it, it technically doesn't need saving the comics industry has been growing each year now to the point it earns over 1 billion dollars now as an average. Japan is a manga oriented country so of course they would view it more there in Shonen jump. Even the great one piece has 480 million copies sold but only 80 million was sold worldwide that about only 16% got the past 20+ years so just because it's selling well in Japan doesn't mean that the rest of the world will buy it. Plus the manga industry releases/with continuing series about 100 manga a year. In a country that has 60% of highschool student population reads manga as normal day to day activity I think just having 100 choices would be high on sales yearly, but in the comic industry marvel can release 100 comics in a month with the average general comic release to be around 1000 each year so yeah or course there's a reason you don't see a single comic series getting over a million sales on a normal basis but Batman as a character gets an average of 10 million copy sales a year about 3-4 years ago they announced in total it had 460 million sold in total, Superman was 600 million. If the comic industry wants to make more money they should copy what Invincible did and make series based purely on the current comics they are making. So marvel gaining a lot of cash from it's Japanese branch is good because they reached a manga oriented country which was the plan DC has a Batman series there too and want to start a Superman series soon, but don't be expecting it to perform the same way outside Japan

Iggypop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@absol123: Making marvel Japanese won't save it, it technically doesn't need saving the comics industry has been growing each year now to the point it earns over 1 billion dollars now as an average. Japan is a manga oriented country so of course they would view it more there in Shonen jump. Even the great one piece has 480 million copies sold but only 80 million was sold worldwide that about only 16% it's managed to sell for the past 20+ years so just because it's selling well in Japan doesn't mean that the rest of the world will buy it. Plus the manga industry releases/with continuing series about 100 manga a year. In a country that has 60% of highschool student population reads manga as normal day to day activity I think just having 100 choices would be high on sales yearly, but in the comic industry marvel can release 100 comics in a month with the average general comic release to be around 1000 each year so yeah or course there's a reason you don't see a single comic series getting over a million sales on a normal basis but Batman as a character gets an average of 10 million copy sales a year about 3-4 years ago they announced in total it had 460 million sold in total, Superman was 600 million. If the comic industry wants to make more money they should copy what Invincible did and make series based purely on the current comics they are making. So marvel gaining a lot of cash from it's Japanese branch is good because they reached a manga oriented country which was the plan DC has a Batman series there too and want to start a Superman series soon, but don't be expecting it to perform the same way outside Japan

Iggypop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iggypop: @absol123: The series might make it well outside Japan like Pokemon which is still hot everywhere or Naruto which had about 35% of it's sales internationally but in my own opinion this is currently sold in shounen jump and I'm very sure even with these high views it has it still won't compete with the their home based manga unless they probably adapt the shounen tropes and plot armour everyone seems to love