Avatar image for amazingspiderdan
AmazingSpiderDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Justice League came out in November of 2017 and as of right now we are about to step in to 2020-- I've been hearing a lot more about the Snyder Cut of the movie being released but at this point does it even matter?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see the Snyder Cut of the movie with all of the extra content and footage it is said to bring, but besides being a fan-service, does it really serve any point to the DCEU, especially if it is deemed "a completely different movie" than what was released in theaters?

It just sounds like a lot of people are in support of the Snyder Cut being released but what purpose does it really serve if it doesn't really affect the greater progression of the DCEU?

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would shut everyone about the mythical cut up.

BBIronman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can prove it wasn’t really much better than the current version we have.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MarvelandDCfan24

Dude its been like 3 years and half of the Justice league were fazed out already lol the movie is dead and totally irrelevant

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Other than good action it was going to be trash.

JL was entertaining to me

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

While it's not something I'd lose any sleep over but I'm curious to watch it if it exists.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness:

That's the Snyder magic. His haters act like a bunch of obsessed stalkers. I never really got why.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess to answer your question, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn’t. JUSTICE LEAGUE is a byproduct of an era Warners seems to be trying to move on from. ...or at the very least retcon. I don’t see how they profit from it either, seeing as it’ll cost more money to finish it probably. It’ll serve no purpose other than to please what is more than likely a small demographic of consumers that want to see it. If it actually exists (which I’m still skeptical on), the only thing that makes sense is to release it on HBO MAX to help sell that streaming product, but ultimately it’s purpose would be nothing more than fan service at this point.

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It matters to the people that want to watch it, for the most part no movie has greater purpose or importance than that.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 anthp2000  Moderator

I'd like to see it. Yeah it doesn't matter. The theatrical cut doesn't really matter either.

What is it that really matters in life? The question to be thought of but not to be asked. Who will ever know at last.

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess to answer your question, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn’t. JUSTICE LEAGUE is a byproduct of an era Warners seems to be trying to move on from. ...or at the very least retcon. I don’t see how they profit from it either, seeing as it’ll cost more money to finish it probably. It’ll serve no purpose other than to please what is more than likely a small demographic of consumers that want to see it. If it actually exists (which I’m still skeptical on), the only thing that makes sense is to release it on HBO MAX to help sell that streaming product, but ultimately it’s purpose would be nothing more than fan service at this point.

Best answer to the OP’s question

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean, yeah, maybe it'll have some interesting info. I just don't care much because I don't expect it would be particularly good.

Celebrobtoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don’t understand why people who don’t care for it are so bothered about it.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When released, I honestly don't believe there will be many fans of the DCEU that would miss out watching it.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'd like to see it. Yeah it doesn't matter. The theatrical cut doesn't really matter either.

What is it that really matters in life? The question to be thought of but not to be asked. Who will ever know at last.

Rofl, are we going philosophical here? :o

Avatar image for deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63
deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#ReleaseTheSnyderCut

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 krisbishop  Moderator

I don’t understand why people who don’t care for it are so bothered about it.

This.

We just want to watch it. Simple as that.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mazahs117 said:

Best answer to the OP’s question

Army2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Snyder cut doesn't matter in so far as his future plans for the DCEU have been scrapped anyway so who cares. I still want to watch it though.

Avatar image for deactivated-66376b8b3c92c
deactivated-66376b8b3c92c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supreme_Sapien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd watch for curiosity alone

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea48b09caace
deactivated-5ea48b09caace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It doesn't matter.

Boby501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Big picture it doesn’t matter at all but I still liked to see it

Avatar image for windshieldwiper
Windshieldwiper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TBH, from what I saw and notes made about his cut, he could very well save that movie. I mean his list of movie making isnt even bad either or movies that he joined in directing, writing, or producer

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well it will be bad anyway so I dont get the fuss about it

Avatar image for amazingspiderdan
AmazingSpiderDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With as much information that has came out pertaining to the Snyder Cut you would have thought it was supposed to be a show on HBO Max or something... It just sounds like it has so much compacted into one gigantic movie that couldn't be watched in one sitting.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Money

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. The movie already hilariously flopped at the box office. Releasing an even shittier version of it isn't going to change that reality.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffd6af867550
deactivated-5ffd6af867550

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It doesn't matter.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It matters just as much as any other CBM.

These are movies. They are meant to entertain, and just because a movie doesn't tie into a greater universe, doesn't mean it can't entertain.

Who cares if it doesn't affect the DCEU going forward. I for one don't watch films just to see how they set up the next film (which is one of the biggest problems with the MCU in general).

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The better question is why do the people who don’t care for it feel the need to mention Snyder cuts lack of importance?

BING! BING! BING!

I've never seen so many people who don't like a particular product or person talk about that particular product or person as much as I've heard anti-Snyder cut people talk about the Snyder cut. Don't care for the Snyder cut? Stop making threads about it, or doing videos about it (I'm looking at you, John Campea), or writing blogs about it. Snyder lives in you guys' heads rent free. If you guys don't care about it so much, stop talking about it.

But clearly you all do care, for whatever reason.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 rogueshadow  Moderator

We're now two years out and the movement to get it released has only increased. Enough people want to see it to say it matters as movies go.

It's become increasingly clear that it almost certainly does exist in a fully realised state, so it's really more a matter of when in my opinion. I do think it will be released eventually, but you could be talking a decade in the future, when the movie doesn't obstruct the current slate of DC movies.

I'd wager that the reason WB don't want to release it any time soon is because they see it as a lose/lose. Either it will flop and be hated, or it will be seen as better than the Whedon version, which will only reflect badly on WB's handling of the situation. And it if it much better, what will the next push from the fans inevitably be? Make Snyder's Justice League Part II.

I think that the latter scenario is most likely, the Whedon version was too much of a rushed, constricted and messy hodge podge for the original vision to not be better, regardless of what you think of Snyder. WB really don't want that, they just want to get push forwards with their new slate and sweep Snyder under the rug.

But maybe they'll fall on the flip side, bite the bullet and decide that they just need to get it into the ether so the franchise can truly move on. Just have to wait and see.

Epicyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eight centuries later and people are still talking about a snyder slice

Y2G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, no it doesn't.

Nervedamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It doesn't, but it actually worth a watch especially if it's really what they say it is. Honestly, I would definitely go for a Snyder Cut.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only as a curiosity piece. It’s like the deleted scenes sometimes packed in on a DVD. They don’t change anything, they are not canon, but they can be interesting or even funny.

Fans calling for the mythical Snyder Cut need to remember that Snyder himself said there are several “Snyder Cuts” and that any cut would be missing effects, sound and color correction, film processing, etc...and there is financially no gain for WB to spend another $30 to $50 million on this mediocre two year old movie.

Avatar image for darkdementor101
DarkDementor101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course it does! Think about all the new feats!

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

@Penguin-Dust:

Snyder himself said there are several “Snyder Cuts”

He never said that. He said that there were "several cuts of the film" (as there is with literally every film), but he has been adimant for two years that he did in fact finish a definitive cut that he was planning on releasing to theaters.

missing effects, sound and color correction, film processing, etc

Wrong again. Junkie XL has confirmed that the soudntrack is completely finished. VFX people and the Cinemtagropher have confirmed that - though there are definitely some scenes that weren't completely finished (a lot of these big budget films are worked on as close as a month and a half before release when it comes to CGI) - the majority of the CGI in the films is complete. I mean for crying out loud Snyder has been releasing several shots from scenes with entirely done visual effects. He's only released like 2 screenshots where the VFX were undone (one was with Superman in this weird, screaming pose).

Moreover, I don't know where the hell you got the idea that there would need to be color correction done. You just baseless pulled that claim right out of your ass (not that it matters; color correction is a very easy process that single individuals on Youtube have done. It's not this vast, expansive endeavor. Snyder could do it entirely on his own).

and there is financially no gain for WB to spend another $30 to $50 million on this mediocre two year old movie.

Again, you're making utterly baseless claims. You've never seen the movie (very few people on planet Earth have). You have no idea how good it is/would be. You also have absolutely ZERO idea about how much of it is unfinished, and absolutely ZERO idea about how much it would cost to finish it. Literally everything in this last quote - and pretty much everything in the entirety of your comment - is speculative bs. Yet, you speak as if you directed the movie itself (John Campea, is that you?)

What gets me the most about your inane comment, and many others on the topic of the Snyder cut, is that you guys are proving me and so many others right about many of BvS's detractors: you guys were going to dislike the movie regardless of how good it was. I mean you have people throughout this site, stating almost authoritatively that the movie would be no good. What you all really mean is that "I won't like the movie regardless". You all are revealing yourself for who you are: disingenuous, biased individuals who were never going to give Snyder a shot, regardless of what he did.

youngmrnelson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With news of the Snyder Cut being released I wonder how people currently feel about it's importance to the DCEU now.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#42  Edited By entropy_aegis

A 4 hour film that needs another 30 million dollars to make and Snyder's trolls wonder why WB interfered.

Though WB is stupid too, why the hell would they release this in 2021? We're getting a new Batman film, now Snyder's trolls will beg for Ben Affleck all over again.

The movie itself will ofcourse be s#it like everything else Snyder makes.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Maybe at best, if it get positive feedback, maybe they can continue the original vision of Zack Snyder and we do get a Justice League 2 movie direct to HBO Max that is lower budget, maybe just have it be animated.

Avatar image for essentiallyheroes
EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At best the Snyder Cut is just closure for Snyderverse fans and something major to look forward to for people depressed about the state of the world.

I doubt it will change the DC landscape at the end of the day. The best I hope for is that its just a more interesting movie than the theater version.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f34b01dd81ff
deactivated-5f34b01dd81ff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

At best the Snyder Cut is just closure for Snyderverse fans and something major to look forward to for people depressed about the state of the world.

I doubt it will change the DC landscape at the end of the day. The best I hope for is that its just a more interesting movie than the theater version.

mossbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think to the extent that its probably a good idea to close out the Snyder-films with the intended vision, maybe?? From a financial standpoint its a waste of time as they've got to restore a lot of footage, and the movie was a bomb to begin with. But for the .0004940 fans that actually liked the films I guess its a good thing

Avatar image for deactivated-64969837cbeff
deactivated-64969837cbeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I might consider

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points