SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SonOfDarkness  Online
No Caption Provided

What did you guys think of the movie? I really enjoyed it.

CosmiComic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed it. It's more of a Kong movie and Godzilla does feel secondary. The daikaiju content in general is done well here, and lots of it. The battles are exciting, and they do some wacky and surprisingly funny stuff with these monsters. Skar King is cool but doesn't show up enough, and some of the daikaiju scenes feel weightless without enough scale.

The humans aren't deep and don't have much progression but they're entertaining enough. The editing feels a bit chopped up sometimes

Overall its pretty fun.

Ieatnettles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Ieatnettles

I think it was pretty good, my favourite one so far, although kong beating up Godzilla felt a little wrong to me

However Godzilla still did destroy other monsters so I guess thats ok

I actually kind of cared Abt the humans this time (probably helps that isn't not another new cast, idk why they kept doing that)

The scene were Kong used suko as a bat was funny

Skar king was cool, although he didn't feel that threatening tbh

Overall 8/10, good movie

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SonOfDarkness  Online

@ieatnettles: he had the augmented arm and Godzilla still ended up beating him

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I enjoyed it a lot for what it is, a mindless monster fighting movie with cool action scenes.

I wish we saw a bit more of Skar King and his fight with Kong being a little longer to show how evenly matched they were.

joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@cosmicomic: did Godzilla get any better feats or the same as last movie and what about Kong to

CosmiComic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshua755: Godzilla feels more like a supporting hero here but he does get some feats, both using his power and also absorbing power

Kong gets many good moments, not only of strength but also of intelligence. many surprisingly funny daikaiju moments and some inventive fight scenes

Ieatnettles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ieatnettles: he had the augmented arm and Godzilla still ended up beating him

Kong was holding back and dominated the melee fight. Godzilla only started winning when he blindsided Kong

Ieatnettles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicomic: did Godzilla get any better feats or the same as last movie and what about Kong to

Kong was the main titan in this movie, all Godzilla got was getting beat up by Kong in melee combat

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SonOfDarkness  Online

@ieatnettles: I don’t remember him blindsiding Kong, and how was he holding back?

Ieatnettles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ieatnettles: I don’t remember him blindsiding Kong, and how was he holding back?

Kong didn't want him dead and at the start doesn't even want to fight. Then when he thinks Godzilla is knocked out and he tries to drag him into the wormhole Godzilla surprise attacks him

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cosmic_reign

-Kong was EPIC

-G was DOPE

-Shimu was IMPRESSIVE

-Scar King was a GOOD Villian

-Lil Peanut Kong was SAVVY

-Cast performed WELL

-Wished Tiamat had more screentime... but was satisfied with G taking her Amp

-No post credit spoilers, but ending can lead to a plethora of new movies.

Good movie overall, Entertaining for sure...

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ghostodoofus2

@cosmicomic: Good thing the director said that Godzilla will be the focus in the next film. Makes sense for Kong to have more screen time in both this and "vs" when you consider that he only had one movie where he did not share with Godzilla whereas Godzilla had two, overall their screen time is about even.

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SonOfDarkness  Online

@ieatnettles: I guess you could make that argument but I didn’t really see any sign that he was holding back. Godzilla didn’t really surprise attack him, he just started using his breath while Kong was trying to drag him. That’s Kong’s fault for not expecting it.

Ieatnettles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ieatnettles: I guess you could make that argument but I didn’t really see any sign that he was holding back. Godzilla didn’t really surprise attack him, he just started using his breath while Kong was trying to drag him. That’s Kong’s fault for not expecting it.

Yes but if kong was trying to kill Godzilla like Godzilla was trying to kill long then the drag thing would have never happened in the first place and he would continue pummeling Godzilla

CosmiComic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BrentBarber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Opinions about the film "Godzilla vs. Kong: The New Empire" are divided. Some people think that the film was funny and they enjoyed watching it. They note that the daikaiju content is well executed and the film has many exciting battles that evoke emotion. Some of the monster scenes are rated as wacky and funny. However, some critics have noted that the film's focus is more on Kong and Godzilla seems to be an afterthought.

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great film, I enjoyed it a lot. I was pleasantly surprised by Mothra's return, they really kept that quiet didn't they. Scar King was an amazing villain, he really made me hate him. The human protagonists were also great. Usually I don't really care much for them but in this film they were just as equally good as the monsters.

Avatar image for returnkaboom232
returnkaboom232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mid tbh. Writing was super rushed and short. Villain was underwhelming. Shimu should’ve been shown and utilised more/earlier on. Some of the action was cool. That was about it. 5-6/10.

Pandalumina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Pandalumina

just came from the movie

there were a lot of funny scenes where i burst out laughing (like when Kong first encountered the other apes and used the little one as a bat)

action was great

Godzilla is strong and handled other Titans on the surface super quick (before the amp)

Kong had alot of really cool character development and it looks like he is expanding his territory AND his fighting force

8/10 😊

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator

Best Monsterverse villain yet.

Most Kaiju screen time.

The apes were very entertaining and had alot of personality.

It was good.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#22 god_spawn  Moderator

Probably my favorite movie from the monsterverse. It took my main complaints from the earlier movies and fixed them. We got more emphasis on the monster fights. We could see the monsters unlike KotM. Kong was the shining jewel of the first easily, and his dynamic with his section of characters.

And the humans, while relatively shallow in depth, were at least likable. Aaron Taylor Johnson and Elizabeth Olsen just seemed too much focused on in the first movie, but weren’t horrible. KotM the mom and dad to Millie Bobby Brown’s character were some of the most insufferable characters I’ve ever had the displeasure of having on my screen. Millie and whoever plays Bernie in Godzilla vs Kong were both just annoying on top of some ridiculous things in a mostly serious plot.

Plenty of monster focus, decent humans, good fights, Godzilla being a force of nature. Scar King felt a bit underutilized as did Shimo but both good antagonists and made for the entertaining fights. If you’re going for a Minus One kinda vibe, you’ll probably hate it. The plot is not good, but if you turn your brain off and enjoy it for what it is, you’ll enjoy it. And in a franchise that extends back to Godzilla dancing, atomic breathing himself into flight, dropkicking things, it reminded me of that Showa (?) era of Godzilla. Godzilla isn’t being goofy by any means but just saying we’ve had some ridiculous things with big G over the years, so I wouldn’t let it deter anyone.

Avatar image for finalkingthanos
finalkingthanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thought it was really good up there with GvK and K:SI Island as my top 3 of the franchise so far, definitely looking forward to the third team up.

Kong and Godzilla continue to be badass.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24 krisbishop  Moderator

It was alright. Cool kaiju fights, weak plot. The focus on Kong was well executed though.

But felt like the final fight was one of the worst so far (to be fair, it has some stiff competition).

Avatar image for multifandomboyo
MultifandomBoyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Skar king is probably the best Kaiju villain yet. I got him neck and neck with Ghido. Shimo was boring, Kong and Godzilla were great in this film (though I wish Gz got more screentime but that's fine since the next film is gonna be more Godzilla centric). The Hollow Earth fight with Kong n Skar should've been longer, as well as seeing more from Gz and Shimo in the final fight but I guess it was like that because of how fast paced the movie was. From Gz and Kong charging into the Hollow earth to Skar's death it's a full 9 minutes. Tiamat ain't deserve what she got either, one of the better MV original titans gone like that. Here's hoping we get Camazotz on screen eventually. If I were to rank the film with all the others by personal preference tho, it'd probably be

1. KOTM

2. GxK

3. GvK

4. KSI

5. G14

CyanPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tiamat's battle should've been longer, since she was amped with the same radiation that allows godzilla to store energy 20X more and for the description had been doing so at least for a few hours if not days, to create such a Cool titan and then kill him that quickly with so little screentime just seems wrong (We didn't even see her powers at all), hope that they don't do the same with other titans like Behemot.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshua755: feat wise that stick out.

Movie stated Evolve Godzilla was 20x more powerful in energy to GVK version of Godzilla.

Shimo froze the world solid causing the Ice Age, and started the process with making a freezing whether cloud to freeze over the equator located country, and Godzilla radiation beam blew said cloud away. How one calcs that is beyond me.

Not a Godzilla feat but Kongs mecha arm was made from understanding Mechagodzilla technology. That arm temp knock out Godzilla for a few seconds, and withstood Shimo flash freeze ice beams for lengthy time. Mechagodzilla feat for his armor and tech durability really.

Mothra also gets to the down some Kong Ape foot soldiers with ease and energy blast Godzilla on his ass.

That's it really that comes to mind.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cyanphoenix: if you want more Tiamat you have to read Godzilla Domonion comics where she and Godzilla have a long ass battle before GvK movie happen.

NawazYaqub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't watch this part but will watch it definitely

Avatar image for masterofmatches
MasterofMatches

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz said:

@cyanphoenix: if you want more Tiamat you have to read Godzilla Domonion comics where she and Godzilla have a long ass battle before GvK movie happen.

I loved this comic, but I was disappointed in how that fight was portrayed

For the topic, I think the movie was amazing, just wish the fights lasted longer and that Tiamat had surrendered after a bit of a fight because unlike Scylla, Tiamat was being invaded. Otherwise solid movie, quite funny, and the humans weren't quite as boring as those in the past; I think KotM did the best job in balancing both humans and monsters alike for some sick fights KoTM was on par with Minus One imo

Movie was solid though and I'd have to disagree with any reviews who state otherwise. It's a solid flick, nothing too deep, yet loosely tied together and the fast pace was done well; besides the final fight and previous fights

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz said:

I loved this comic, but I was disappointed in how that fight was portrayed

For the topic, I think the movie was amazing, just wish the fights lasted longer and that Tiamat had surrendered after a bit of a fight because unlike Scylla, Tiamat was being invaded. Otherwise solid movie, quite funny, and the humans weren't quite as boring as those in the past; I think KotM did the best job in balancing both humans and monsters alike for some sick fights KoTM was on par with Minus One imo

Movie was solid though and I'd have to disagree with any reviews who state otherwise. It's a solid flick, nothing too deep, yet loosely tied together and the fast pace was done well; besides the final fight and previous fights

IMO KotM is still the best one too actually yeah.