how game of thrones season 8 could have been saved ?

OtaconMGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

i know this is old news and a lot of people hated season 8 of game of thrones so my question is how could it have been saved and what did people want to see

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Should have been longer. Seasons 7 and 8 needed to be at least the full ten episodes, then maybe give us another season of evil Dany to show why she needs to be put down. At least a season of her slow burn descent into madness instead of a bell-fueled heel turn

Also justice for Jaime

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dany doesn't go mad.

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are a billion things they could have done better regarding the characters and plot, but it all really comes down to one issue: they shouldn't have tried to fit everything in 6 episodes when they were given the time and resources to make many more episodes to adequately conclude the story

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By killbilly  Moderator

I would have extended the final season or have made more seasons since HBO has stated that they would have been happy to fund more GoT content. But if we're solely talking about how we'd fix the show within the confines of the episodes we were given:

I would've put more focus on Danny's descent into madness and given more and better reasons to actually justify that descent so that if she ultimately did end up doing something like she did in the finale, it would feel at least somewhat justified.

I wouldn't toss aside the White Walkers and the Night King like they're some sort of extraneous plot point when the show had been building up to their invasion of Westeros from the very first episode.

I would have Bran play a bigger role in the ultimately defeat of the Night King, if he was defeated at all rather than being a useless side character that gives vague replies to everything until he's made king in the end.

I would actually address the prophecies that were given to us in the show and made out to be important. Whether to fulfill or debunk them in some way. I wouldn't just leave them completely unaddressed.

I would not have had Jamie claim that he never cared for any of the people of King's Landing when a huge aspect of his character is that he broke his oath and become the Kingslayer in order to save the people of King's Landing. Like, seriously, why?

I wouldn't have had Vary literally die for nothing because of incompetence and placing his trust in the wrong people when the entire point of his character is that he is incredibly competent and trusts no one.

There's a million other things like not having Cersei do pretty much nothing for the entirety of the final season or not having Brienne say "Fuck loyalty" for shock humor when loyalty and honor is one of the defining traits of the character. There's just too much crap to even address in a single post.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By godzilla44

Split it into two season or at least gave 10 episodes instead of 6.

More focus on Dany's decent

Night King should've killed Bran (He's by far the worst character, very boring story and the character himself is just a giant plot hole)

Have Cersei actually do something besides drink wine and cry, oh and have Jamie kill her.

Tyrion actually be himself, you know smart and cunning, (I still have no clue why he would tell Varys about Jon) Oh and speaking of Varys, not have him be an idiot as well.

Also you would have to fix a bunch of stuff from S7 just to fix most of S8

Their's more I could add but I don't have the time or patience to type it all out.

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would have extended the final season or have made more seasons since HBO has stated that they would have been happy to fund more GoT content. But if we're solely talking about how we'd fix the show within the confines of the episodes we were given:

I would've put more focus on Danny's descent into madness and given more and better reasons to actually justify that descent so that if she ultimately did end up doing something like she did in the finale, it would feel at least somewhat justified.

I wouldn't toss aside the White Walkers and the Night King like they're some sort of extraneous plot point when the show had been building up to their invasion of Westeros from the very first episode.

I would have Bran play a bigger role in the ultimately defeat of the Night King, if he was defeated at all rather than being a useless side character that gives vague replies to everything until he's made king in the end.

I would actually address the prophecies that were given to us in the show and made out to be important. Whether to fulfill or debunk them in some way. I wouldn't just leave them completely unaddressed.

I would not have had Jamie claim that he never cared for any of the people of King's Landing when a huge aspect of his character is that he broke his oath and become the Kingslayer in order to save the people of King's Landing.

I wouldn't have had Vary literally die for nothing out of incompetence and placing his trust in the wrong people when the entire point of his character is that he is incredibly competent and trusts no one.

There's a million other things like not having Cersei do pretty much nothing for the entirety of the final season or not having Brienne say "Fuck loyalty" for shock humor when loyalty and honor is one of the defining traits of the character. There's just too much crap to even address in a single post.

this

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#9 JediXMan  Moderator

Have 2 full final seasons, or an additional season. HBO offered to give them more time and episodes (and nigh infinite money) but D&D said no.

Juicers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Juicers

s8 is a mess from the start and just goes on to make an accomplishment as the worst end of season of all time. you can save the show by changing the plots of s6 and s7.

the worst thing that happened in s8 is killing the most hyped villain / threat to humanity in a lame and sudden execution.

OtaconMGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godzilla44: @bladeoffury: @jedixman: @juicers: I see well who should have got the iron throne should jamie have lived or what about cersei should she have lived or died should jon and daenerys lived together and shared the throne