It's been confirmed that Sue's force fields can block reality warp.

Mage101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

In the latest issue of fantastic four, which is #19, Sue used her force field as a means of protection to shield herself and family from the trapsters reality warp {the trapster has the cosmic cube} but the shields break because of how powerful the cosmic cube is but before she was taken over by the warp she protected Reed from the warp with a force field that lasted for quite sometime.

I always wondered when marvel was going to show this side of her powers but well, now they did. @Scarlet_wiccan what do you think about this?

Scarlet_Wiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Scarlet_Wiccan

@mage101: It's definitely a great feat, We didn't get a time frame for how long her initial shields lasted but the shield around Reed lasted for several hours based on the events of the comic even after Sue forgot about it, plus a cosmic cube's reality warping is no joke.

It also shows serious growth and development as it's her first time blocking reality warping as well as maintaining a force field for so long without concentrating on it (this would mean she can summon remote force fields that she doesn't need to focus on which could be pretty insane)

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scarlet_wiccan: By the way, I did some calculations about Nicholas Scratch's meteor showing and asked other users about it. Based on what Raj told me, it seems my initial calculations were wrong, but it seemed to require an infinity amount of energy to perform that feat:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/feats-and-analysis-2311599/nicholas-scratch-brings-a-meteor-to-earth-fantasti-2339395/

So, nice showing for Sue too. I guess.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mage101: This should be in the "Feats And Analysis" section.

Scarlet_Wiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scarlet_wiccan: By the way, I did some calculations about Nicholas Scratch's meteor showing and asked other users about it. Based on what Raj told me, it seems my initial calculations were wrong, but it seemed to require an infinity amount of energy to perform that feat:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/feats-and-analysis-2311599/nicholas-scratch-brings-a-meteor-to-earth-fantasti-2339395/

So, nice showing for Sue too. I guess.

Thanks! I'll check it out

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6 geekryan  Online

Very cool, but the context makes the feat questionable IMO. We would need to see her do something like this another 1-2 times to make it more consistent and not just a one-off thing.

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's pretty cool!

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks pretty dope

Scarlet_Wiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Scarlet_Wiccan

@geekryan said:

Very cool, but the context makes the feat questionable IMO. We would need to see her do something like this another 1-2 times to make it more consistent and not just a one-off thing.

What do you mean the context makes it questionable?

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 geekryan  Online

@geekryan said:

What do you mean the context makes it questionable?

Four reasons:

1. It being Sue's first time blocking reality warping.
  2. The reality warping in question coming from the Cosmic Cube, which is an object with enough power to cause universal to multiversal effects.
  3. Her force fields only lasting a few seconds but somehow lasting for an extended period of time on Reed.
  4. Sue not having to concentrate to maintain Reed's force field.

It just screams "PIS" to me, which is why I would need to see it happen another 1-2 times under similar circumstances before I can consider it as legit.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 anthp2000  Moderator

Use the new feats and analysis forum for this.

Scarlet_Wiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan:

The reality warping in question coming from the Cosmic Cube, which is an object with enough power to cause universal to multiversal effects.

Her shields have withstood similar stuff on a similar or greater scale before like reality erasure or even tanking an attack from a cosmic cube

Her force fields only lasting a few seconds but somehow lasting for an extended period of time on Reed.

It's not said her initial shields only lasted a few seconds

Sue not having to concentrate to maintain Reed's force field.

She's made force fields she didn't concentrate on in the past on multiple occasions

It just screams "PIS" to me, which is why I would need to see it happen another 1-2 times under similar circumstances before I can consider it as legit.

While it is a very specific one instance situation as of right now I wouldn't call it PIS given all the "impossible" stuff her force fields have done before plus her powers are constantly growing or developing

I can understand your argument realistically speaking but for the sake of Comicvine unless every new feat other characters performs gets dismissed until more exactly similar feats I don't see why this is any less valid

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 geekryan  Online

@geekryan:

The reality warping in question coming from the Cosmic Cube, which is an object with enough power to cause universal to multiversal effects.

Her shields have withstood similar stuff on a similar or greater scale before like reality erasure or even tanking an attack from a cosmic cube

Her force fields only lasting a few seconds but somehow lasting for an extended period of time on Reed.

It's not said her initial shields only lasted a few seconds

Sue not having to concentrate to maintain Reed's force field.

She's made force fields she didn't concentrate on in the past on multiple occasions

While it is a very specific one instance situation as of right now I wouldn't call it PIS given all the "impossible" stuff her force fields have done before plus her powers are constantly growing or developing

I can understand your argument realistically speaking but for the sake of Comicvine unless every new feat other characters performs gets dismissed until more exactly similar feats I don't see why this is any less valid

1) But not reality warping, and most of those examples are outliers because Sue's force fields are not consistently universal +

2) We see Sue's force field shatter as the Cosmic Cube's energy passes through her, so it obviously did not last long at all, especially considering the use of the word "soon".

3) Again, that's not consistent for Sue. In this thread, you said yourself:

as well as maintaining a force field for so long without concentrating on it (this would mean she can summon remote force fields that she doesn't need to focus on which could be pretty insane)

4) Until it can be replicated again and proven to be a consistent and new thing that Sue can do, it is PIS in my books.

5) It's such a multi-faceted feat of Sue doing new stuff that I can't just take it at face value. If it was just Sue briefly blocking the reality warping effect, OR just Sue maintaining a force field on Reed without direct concentration, then I would be more willing to buy it. But all of these things happening at the same time, with all the factors in play? It's more PIS than not.

If this was done by Jean, or Magneto, or any other force field user who does not have magic/reality warping powers, my opinion on the matter would be the same.

I know how you feel about Sue, and that nothing I say will change your mind about this, but I'm also not going to change my mind about this unless she gets more, similar feats like this. Only time will tell, so I'm not going to start saying Sue can block Cosmic Cube-level reality warping and maintain force fields without concentration just yet.

Scarlet_Wiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Scarlet_Wiccan

@geekryan:

1) But not reality warping, and most of those examples are outliers because Sue's force fields are not consistently universal +

At this point it's high-ends given the number of times it's happened and I'd personally say it's not because of the force fields' durability and it has more to do with their makeup and origin (being made of energy drawn from the same place Celestials come from)

2) We see Sue's force field shatter as the Cosmic Cube's energy passes through her, so it obviously did not last long at all, especially considering the use of the word "soon".

That panel just shows the point where her shields fell otherwise Reed would've said her force fields fell immediately

3) Again, that's not consistent for Sue. In this thread, you said yourself:

I meant she hasn't done it for that long before but she has made force fields she didn't concentrate on before but that can be because of growth as the current run puts a lot of emphasis on Sue's power growth and development and she's done plenty of stuff so far that's new or hasn't been explored yet

4) Until it can be replicated again and proven to be a consistent and new thing that Sue can do, it is PIS in my books.

That's fair as long as you apply this rule to every new feat of other characters

5) It's such a multi-faceted feat of Sue doing new stuff that I can't just take it at face value. If it was just Sue briefly blocking the reality warping effect, OR just Sue maintaining a force field on Reed without direct concentration, then I would be more willing to buy it. But all of these things happening at the same time, with all the factors in play? It's more PIS than not.

Fair enough

If this was done by Jean, or Magneto, or any other force field user who does not have magic/reality warping powers, my opinion on the matter would be the same.

But Sue's force fields are known to consistently do stuff no other force field can do given their nature and she shouldn't be limited to whatever other force fields can do

I know how you feel about Sue, and that nothing I say will change your mind about this, but I'm also not going to change my mind about this unless she gets more, similar feats like this. Only time will tell, so I'm not going to start saying Sue can block Cosmic Cube-level reality warping and maintain force fields without concentration just yet.

Again, I won't hold it against anyone who questions the credibility of the feat as long as they do the same with all other new feats that a character hasn't replicated before

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By dami24434

Nice feats. This fantastic four book slaps overall

samgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Susan keeps stepping it up! Soon no one will be able to stop her

Mage101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan said:

What context? I find the feat quite straight forward. Sue has actually shown to be able to block attack reality on a destructive level, like erasure but this is the first time she's actually blocking reality warping. Consistency only matters in debates, lol.

Mage101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samgee said:

The Susan keeps stepping it up! Soon no one will be able to stop her

I mean, her shields have shown to be able to block psionics, matter manipulation, magic and even dimensional attacks and the scope of which she does it is more impressive.

Mage101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can you move it there?

Mage101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan:

) Until it can be replicated again and proven to be a consistent and new thing that Sue can do, it is PIS in my books.

> I understand where you're coming from but sue has shown to be able to create and maintain her shields even when sleeping and unconscious. So, this isn't a one-time thing, the only thing is that she is doing it while blocking reality warping, this isn't me saying that she blocking an attack while not consciously aware is consistent but it has happened before on some occasions.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 anthp2000  Moderator

@mage101 said:
@anthp2000 said:

Can you move it there?

I had already done so.

Mage101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mage101 said:
@anthp2000 said:

Can you move it there?

I had already done so.

Thanks.