My One Piece predictions over the years

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've been scraping the internet for all the predictions I've made regarding the OP over the years. I thought it would be interesting to collect some of them here, see what I got right and have a laugh at silly predictions.

1. How powerful is the WG

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Future for Luffy and Coby

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Future for Buggy

No Caption Provided

How will Kaido look like

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Fights we will see in the past's future

No Caption Provided

BB's schemes

No Caption Provided

Rob Lucci's growth

No Caption Provided

More future fights lol, a lot of missed ones here.

But it's interesting to see, it kinda gives you a feel of how the story looked like like at the time, and in what direction it was moving.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 cocacolaman  Moderator  Online

40 top tiers is asinine 😭 I don't even think there's 40 top tiers in the story as of now.

1. Imu
  2. Mercury
  3. Venus
  4. Mars
  5. Jupiter
  6. Saturn
  7. Akainu
  8. Aokiji
  9. Kizaru
  10. Fujitora
  11. Greenbull
  12. Garp
  13. Sengoku
  14. Kong
  15. Mihawk
  16. Garling

That's the main authority of the World Government likely dating back to the Void Century, 8 Admiral-class Marines collected from the time of the Rocks Pirates till after Whitebeard's death, the strongest Warlord, and the leader of the Holy Knights. With all of these characters, we've only got a bit over halfway to 30. Across that same time period, here's the list of top tiers who have not worked for the World Government during their time as a top tier to our knowledge:

1. Rocks
  2. Whitebeard
  3. Shiki
  4. Big Mom
  5. Kaido
  6. Roger
  7. Rayleigh
  8. Gaban (?)
  9. Oden
  10. Shanks
  11. Beckman (?)
  12. Blackbeard
  13. Luffy
  14. Dragon
  15. Sabo (?)

That's 31 top tiers with three questionable ones all together. Even if everyone here worked for the World Government you'd still need to justify nine other top tiers to get to that number 40. You could even throw Ryuma and Joy Boy in there to give Imu and the Gorosei company, and you still need seven more.

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocacolaman: I probably cut out the part where I explained what I mean by top tier, but I counted YC1 level characters as a top tier back then.

No Caption Provided

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mortein

@mortein: think about the context in which this was written. The only point of reference for the power dynamic between the Yonko, admirals and YC1 were fights between Marco and Admirals, and WB and admirals, and it looked like Yonko>~Admirals>~YC1

Additionally Zoro was much closer to Luffy back then, and they were on their way to become a Yonko and YC1. So it didn't look like there was a massive gap between the Yonko and YC1.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5 socajunkie  Moderator

I’ve always loved your takes over the years, mate. They have this prophetic and wise vibe to them and I’ve wholeheartedly agreed with almost every one of them.

Alekos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Alekos

Now I can't stop thinking of Kaido as a little guy like pilaf

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@socajunkie:

Tnx man, it has been a hit and miss, but I do think I had a decent reasoning behind most predictions.

@alekos:

I remember I had a whole lore about him in my head.

He was a dwarf who suffered from gigantism, which made him many times bigger than your average dwarf.

Other dwarfs were making fun of him for being too massive, which made him very self conscious about his size.

But despite being seen as a tiny person by humans around him, he's convinced everyone will be making fun of him for being too big.

This would be a set up for funny gags, like he arrives somewhere and he's chill, but someone sees him and says, "this is a big problem", and Kaido convinced the "big" was a reference to his size gets angry, loses his mind and destroys the entire island with his DF power, which actually turns him ginormous.

Alekos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Alekos
devrata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Momo said he met Roger. The characters brushed it off as his lying to feel included but some readers built a theory off of that. There was also the theory that Momo is actually older than he looks based on the same fact.

Konohana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Konohana

@cocacolaman:

This is your top16 strongest characters (that have worked for the WG)? Mihawk is higher, and the Gorosei are much lower.

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mortein

One more idea I was pushing up until maybe Dressrosa arc, or perhaps even all the way up to the WCI arc was that Franky was close to M3 level in terms of strength, durability and power, and he just lacked the speed.

No Caption Provided

He simply didn't have any feats to confirm this, but I was convinced those feats will come. And they did come, Franky is nowadays performing feats which would be impressive for Dressrosa arc M3, but Zoro and Sanji have became astronomically stronger in the meantime and Luffy has improved so much he left the M3 and became a category of his own.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

So, now I wonder, are these feats the proof that he was close to M3 several arcs ago, or was he much weaker than they were, but he's also improving and is only now reaching the level they were many arcs ago?

It's common for shonen characters to get stronger over time, but usually there's a consistent internal logic behind their ability to improve. Characters grow, train, fight, their skin, bones, muscles and haki get better. None of the reasons for why the OP characters get stronger applies to Franky. For Franky the source of his superhuman strength are his mechanical parts, so if he has the same parts he had during the Fishman arc, why would he be any stronger? If he made some upgrades, why wasn't this shown or mentioned, why wasn't his design changed a bit? His metal is the same as it was during the fishman arc, his laser is the same etc. I think people were just underestimating Franky, when in reality he was close in strength to the M3 ever since he was introduced up until the WCI arc. I've been saying for a decade now how Franky is on par with the M3 in terms of strength, durability and power, and despite not being slow he lacks their level of speed. Now that finally I've been validated, people are saying he somehow magically got stronger during the wano arc, without any internal logic behind it

No Caption Provided

ReplyQuote

ago