when did the comic industry change?

chrisbecket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By chrisbecket

When I started getting into comics (I was 12 and it was 2003) the comic industry felt different from every other entertainment industry it felt like DC and Marvel cared about making good stories as much as making money, but now it feels like money is all they care about, and that they put gimmicks over actually writing a compelling narrative, how and why did we get here?

chrisbecket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

someone please answer

chrisbecket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am sick and tired of the endless corporate greed destroying art especially in a medium I love so much

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Around 2012/MCU gaining momentum.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

I am sick and tired of the endless corporate greed destroying art especially in a medium I love so much

Spoilers: this has always been the case.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chrisbecket said:

Spoilers: this has always been the case.

This.. ^

Though if I gonna be honest, Stan Lee seemed to me be a guy that cares about good stories more so than money.

Though to be honest, Marvel and DC have VERY good stories now. There just seems to be people that doesn't like that women and PoC get more recognition nowadays so they complain all the time.

Despite comics always who has always been social commentary on important issues such as racism, sexism, homophobia, etc..

OrangeVegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comics aren't just Marvel and DC you know?

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Movies happened which pander to lowest IQ demographic unlike the comics and the comics became testing ground for this pandering

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say that Marvel started going slowly more and more downhill about 10-12 years ago. The whole trend of building around events which happen too often and override the creative power of many of their writers started almost 30 years ago though.