who do you think will be the villain in the mcus spider-man 4

Avatar image for bobbyflshsticks
BOBBYFlSHSTICKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll who do you think will be the villain in the mcus spider-man 4 (7 votes)

sinister 6 14%
Hobgoblin 14%
other 71%
 • 
A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m really pulling for Scorpion to make a comeback. They teased him in Homecoming and nothing’s come of it since. Plus a fight between Spidey and Scorpion is something I seriously want to see. They could really make him a threat by actually playing on the original concept, that a Scorpion is the natural predator of a spider. He could be stronger and more durable than Spidey, leading to some cool action where they’re smashing through buildings or something, just wailing on each other. Plus there’s his cool ass tail which would be fun to see Spidey dodge and swerve to avoid the pincer or some acid spray.

I also liked the portrayal by Micheal Mando for as little screen time as he got. He could give a really good performance as a remorseless murderer that’s a unique challenge for Peter. He’s fought grandstanding psychopaths by the handful, but if they made Gargan some sort of mercenary or cold-blooded contract killer that could be a little more unique. This could even be a chance to see J Jonah Jameson take a more active, villainous role in the plot by helping to facilitate Scorpion’s creation. IMO he was slightly more proactive as a character in No Way Home than in previous films despite his limited role. Making him a full-on antagonist could be the next step.

I think they should go for a more serious tone given where we left Peter off, and that could play into how his character changes. He could be sinking 90% of his life into Spider-antics and neglecting the Parker stuff since that doesn’t really exist anymore. It could be a neat juxtaposition to Tobey Maguire’s Peter from Spider-Man 2, who gave up completely for a significant chunk of the movie. And if they want they can use the little dollop of Venom left behind in the MCU from the Venomverse as a means to make Peter more aggressive and angry, exacerbating his feelings of loneliness and highlighting the dependency aspect of the suit that’s common in a lot of takes now. This Peter is all by himself, you can do some serious soul-searching there!

So to summarize, give me JJJ as an antagonistic Force and Scorpion as the remorseless main villain of this next movie, and really explore the isolation Peter Parker’s gotta be feeling post-NWH.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omega_ray_jay: thanks. I’ve given it a decent amount of thought and I think this would be an awesome continuation. I also think it would dial things back down to more small-scale stories and keep MCU Spidey away from the Spiderverse/Multiverse shenanigans for a while.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scorpion