Who is the more lovable character: Batman or Spider-Man? (Read OP)

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Who is the more lovable character: Batman or Spider-Man? (Read OP) (30 votes)

Batman 10%
Spider-Man 90%

I mean "lovable" in a simple way, which character do you feel more affectionately drawn to?

I'm going with Spider-Man. You just can't not love Peter Parker, his character is consistently likeable even when the stories he's in aren't always great. I've laughed with Peter, I've cried with him and I've felt a range of emotions for Peter that I cannot for other characters.

I find Batman likeable in a different way, he's not as endearing a character and is more interesting in the sense that he's got a complex psyche and a deeper philosophy that make him a better character study. His character evokes more thoughts and debates for sure. Spider-Man on the other hand is a lot more simple.

To me, Batman is a more compelling character who evokes deeper questions while Spider-Man is a more lovable character who offers simpler entertainment.

Spider-Man tells you to do good, be responsible and stay optimistic while Batman makes you question what is good, what is responsible and dares you to challenge him.

Does that make sense?

• 
Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bum

hulksmashtoaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lovable? Spider-Man without question.

JComics2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man in a huge margin. ❤❤❤❤❤

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

b

MangaComics69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Jurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jcomics2000 said:

Avatar image for deactivated-64969837cbeff
deactivated-64969837cbeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter stomps

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol Spidey

DeusExMachlna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey, always had more potential.

Batman is too out of the standards of the average joe.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deusexmachlna: Ironic that Spider-Man is the one who has superpowers but is also more personable whereas Batman's got no powers but is more mythical.

Supreme101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Spidey Batman has his moments and things to his character that make him lovable but then sometimes he's written as such a D-head

DeusExMachlna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostodoofus2: Exactly. Daredevil for example is the One I prefer over Spider.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deusexmachlna: Daredevil is so freaking underrated, maybe not amongst comic book fans but he's not getting nearly as much love from the general public as he deserves.

Avatar image for brogokudestroys
brogokudestroys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imo it's Batman. I think a lot of recent Spidey runs try too hard to make him the underdog in a way that just kind of undermines his whole character. He's not meant to get cucked over and over again lmao. I think Batman, while probably not the most relatable character, is a more endearing one for me for that reason.

Avatar image for chris2kzombieki
chris2kzombieki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imo it's Batman. I think a lot of recent Spidey runs try too hard to make him the underdog in a way that just kind of undermines his whole character. He's not meant to get cucked over and over again lmao. I think Batman, while probably not the most relatable character, is a more endearing one for me for that reason.

I stopped reading a lot of comics for Marvel and DC recently for that specific reason. Comics really have no end point, so it's hard to really stop a characters story.

It's the main reason I prefer the Insomniac version of Peter. He's the best version of him imo.

OT: Pete. I don't love the guy who beats almost all his adopted kids just because they don't agree with his BS methods.

brogokudestroys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brogokudestroys said:

I stopped reading a lot of comics for Marvel and DC recently for that specific reason. Comics really have no end point, so it's hard to really stop a characters story.

It's the main reason I prefer the Insomniac version of Peter. He's the best version of him imo.

OT: Pete. I don't love the guy who beats almost all his adopted kids just because they don't agree with his BS methods.

Tbf he's not usually like that. Hell, he's usually the kind of guy who wants the best for his kids and outright says he doesn't want them to end up as fucked up as him

Avatar image for chris2kzombieki
chris2kzombieki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brogokudestroys: I can name 5 times off the top of my head he’s beat/fought Jason alone…..

He’s definitely got issues….not as lovable as classic Spider-Man

azraelotaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

Neither.

brogokudestroys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brogokudestroys: I can name 5 times off the top of my head he’s beat/fought Jason alone…..

He’s definitely got issues….not as lovable as classic Spider-Man

That's fair. Batman's not nearly as relatable with Peter's problems being pretty easy to relate to. Batman's are almost all trauma-based or psychological issues.

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider man of course

Darkvanderling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Darkvanderling

Spidey is easily the more likeable character lol. He’s the most popular superhero too. Bruce himself have stated in the comics that he’s not a good human being like Clark. In their own worlds, Batman is not as respected in the same vein as Spider-Man and Superman. He’s more of a vigilante anti hero with grim and dark traits. Dude is psychologically fucked up too.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkvanderling: Oh but the general public in the Marvel Universe still find Spider-Man questionable, he's far from revered like Superman or Captain America.

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By arctika

Batman for me, Parker is cool and all but Batman does something most heroes don't makes a difference being just a man albeit a broken one but for good reason. As a New Yorker, I've gone through the issues Parker has faced for your every day problems in the big city but if I went through what Batman's been through I don't know if I could have his philosophy of being a dark knight improving his city and also Batman never beats the robins, he's been hard on them at times and trained them but that's different and let's be honest here Jason has acted like a dick at times going after Batman he has an attitude like Damian but different depending on the story he's taken them all in though at any rate he is hopeful to save his city, I don't know if I could do that if I had that happen to me...