Favorite Star Wars Movie/Series and Rank the Star Wars Movies/TV (Happy May the 4th Week!)

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Favorite Star Wars Movie/Series and Rank the Star Wars Movies/TV (Happy May the 4th Week!) (15 votes)

Episode IV A New Hope 7%
The Star Wars Holiday Special 0%
Episode V The Empire Strikes Back 20%
Episode VI Return of the Jedi 13%
Episode I The Phantom Menace 0%
Episode II Attack of the Clones 7%
Star Wars: Clone Wars (2003) 13%
Episode III Revenge of the Sith 33%
Star Wars: The Clone Wars (movie, 2008) 0%
Star Wars: The Clone Wars (series, 2008) 7%
Star Wars Rebels (2014) 0%
Episode VII The Force Awakens 0%
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story 0%
Episode VIII The Last Jedi 0%
The Mandalorian 0%
Episode IX The Rise of the Skywalker 0%
Other 0%

What is your favorite Star Wars movie/tv show? And rank them from best to worst!

• 
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think over the years I have noticed that I have watched and enjoyed Episode III : Revenge of the Sith the most of any Star Wars film. I guess I will go with that one.

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ROTS has loads of rewatchability and has some of my absolute favorite moments. So grand and bombastic and epic. Plus it has the best soundtrack/score of the movies.

cj_the_dj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cj_the_dj

Favourite Star Wars film is The Empire Strikes Back. Overall ranking of the movies is:

1. The Empire Strikes Back.
  2. A New Hope.
  3. Return of the Jedi/Revenge of the Sith.
  4. Return of the Jedi/Revenge of the Sith.
  5. Attack of the Clones.
  6. The Phantom Menace.
  7. The Last Jedi.
  8. The Force Awakens.
  9. The Rise of Skywalker.

Don't remember Rogue One or Solo well enough to rank them precisely, but I recall the latter being bad and the former being mediocre. So, they're both definitely ranked below 4. Haven't seen either the Holiday Special or The Clone Wars movie.

As for the TV show ranking (which I'd like to treat separately), again, memory is a problem. However, it doesn't really matter that much to me, because I don't particularly like any of the shows listed. The best is probably Clone Wars (2003), which is still mediocre, with the rest all being outright terrible.

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think over the years I have noticed that I have watched and enjoyed Episode III : Revenge of the Sith the most of any Star Wars film. I guess I will go with that one.

It's my favorite as well!

catlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My ranking:

1. Rogue One
  2. The Force Awakens
  3. The Original Trilogy (in mixed order which I haven't decided on yet)
  4. The Prequel Trilogy (in mixed order which I haven't decided on yet)
  5. The Last Jedi
  6. The Rise of Skywalker
cj_the_dj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cj_the_dj

@catlike: You really like The Force Awakens more than The Empire Strikes Back? I honestly think it's one of the most damaging and soulless films in the whole franchise - worse than even The Last Jedi, which is not quite as damaging and has much more of a soul.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

1. Empire Strikes Back

2. A New Hope

3. Return of the Jedi

4. Revenge of the Sith

5. Attack of the Clones

6. The Phantom Menace

7. Rebels

8. Clone Wars

The rest are all bad enough for me to not want to list.

Favorite character is easily Vader.

catlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By catlike

@cj_the_dj: That’s… a fair analysis. I’m not completely sure though until I rewatch both, I will have to remember to update you upon a double rewatch.

(Also I’m obviously talking about how enjoyable they were to watch more so than which one was objectively a better movie.)

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cj_the_dj: Thank you. Agreed on Rogue One being mediocre, and I also thought Attack of the Clones was better than Phantom Menace. Also, 2003 Clone Wars >2008 show

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: Thank you for putting your favorite character along with your ranking!

Referee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Episode IV A New Hope

I remember as a kid in camp, when the movie first came out, it was the must see movie. And when I saw it in the theater it blew my mind. Plus lets be honest, it started the franchise so its the O.G. !!!

Avatar image for jedisympathiz3r
JediSympathiz3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only considering the ones I’ve seen:

1. ESB

2. ROTJ

3. ANH/ROTS

4. ROTS/ANH

5. CW (2003)

6. Andor

7. TCW (series)

8. AOTC

9. RO

10. Ahsoka

11. Mando

12. Rebels

13. TPM

14. TFA

15. Kenobi

16. TLJ

17. TROS

18. BOBF

19. Solo

20. Bad Batch (Season 1)

21. TCW (movie)

My favorite character is Anakin/Vader

Spider-Simp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Revenge of the Sith was my childhood movie. Ik it's very flawed but it's still my favourite Star Wars movie.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Straight-Fire

TFA still da goat SW film idgaf

cj_the_dj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By cj_the_dj
infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Revenge of the Sith was my childhood movie. Ik it's very flawed but it's still my favourite Star Wars movie.

Cool! It wasn't my favorite as a child but is as an adult!

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@catlike said:

My ranking:

1. Rogue One
  2. The Force Awakens
  3. The Original Trilogy (in mixed order which I haven't decided on yet)
  4. The Prequel Trilogy (in mixed order which I haven't decided on yet)
  5. The Last Jedi
  6. The Rise of Skywalker

Thank you for your ranking. Who is your favorite Star Wars character?

catlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By catlike

@infinitehope:

Of course. And awesome thread, btw. With my little Star Wars knowledge of the actual lore, my favorite characters of the franchise would probably be...:

1. Starkiller/Galen Marek I or II (from the franchise as a whole) - Despite the charactererization flaws with the cloning stuff, I wish the character could've at the very least been downgraded and rebooted instead of having been synthesized into the whole Kylo Ren archetype. Plus he's my favorite because I grew up with him on my Nintendo DS game!
  2. Cassian Jeron Andor (before his Disney + TV series) - I love how his characterization was basically shrouded in mystery before his TV show (which I hear had a lot of criticism in the reviews/ratings). I couldn't place his character motivations and a lot was left up to interpretation. It's just part of why I like him.
  3. (Minch) Yoda - Baby Yoda really makes me wonder about what the actual Yoda's background was.
  4. Han Solo/Hansel O (Before the 'Solo' movie) - I haven't gotten myself to see 'Solo', the movie. I've heard a lot of bad things about it a while ago so he becomes pick #4.
  5. Jacen Solo (SW Legends' Darth Caedus) -> He proabably should've been expanded upon before giving him the re👢 but Disney-fied LucasFilms felt the need to 'General-Audience-rate' or 'PG-rate' him anyways.

Also, how about you?

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@catlike: Woah. Thank you so much for the top 5 favorite list and explanations!

No worries on little Star Wars knowledge of the actual lore because then I'd have to be more worried! I had to look up who Cassian Jeron Andor was! Similar to you, I never saw the Solo movie, along with never seeing the Disney shows, but the last Star Wars movie I saw was Rogue One and I liked it. Just didn't remember Cassian.

Also, didn't know Minch was Yoda's name!

Not sure who my favorite is. I would have put Han Solo as one, but if we're taking Disney canon into consideration, he would not be my absolute favorite.

I remember Mara Jade being a favorite, but I think Darth Vader might be my favorite because of the fall from grace and redemption aspect.

Thank you so much for your generous time and for asking! Hope you and yours have a good May the 4th celebration!

catlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@infinitehope:

Woah. Thank you so much for the top 5 favorite list and explanations!

No problem. Glad to hear my partial-spitball of a post was... acceptable.

No worries on little Star Wars knowledge of the actual lore because then I'd have to be more worried! I had to look up who Cassian Jeron Andor was! Similar to you, I never saw the Solo movie, along with never seeing the Disney shows, but the last Star Wars movie I saw was Rogue One and I liked it. Just didn't remember Cassian.

Also, didn't know Minch was Yoda's name!'

Eh. The full names are Google-able so that we can all sound geekier.

Not sure who my favorite is. I would have put Han Solo as one, but if we're taking Disney canon into consideration, he would not be my absolute favorite.

I remember Mara Jade being a favorite, but I think Darth Vader might be my favorite because of the fall from grace and redemption aspect.

Damn, I just looked Mara Jade up. What a pity that she got wiped out. I guess people weren't reading her comic books, like a lot of the Legends' comic books (arguably). :(

Thank you so much for your generous time and for asking! Hope you and yours have a good May the 4th celebration!

Same to you, and thank you as well kind sir. :)

TheSubline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ROTS > OG Trilogy > 2008 Clone Wars > Rogue One > TPM/AOTC > Disney+ Shows > Rebels > Solo

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ROTS > OG Trilogy > 2008 Clone Wars > Rogue One > TPM/AOTC > Disney+ Shows > Rebels > Solo

Nice! Great to see ROTS so high on your ranking.

May the 4th Be with you!

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm. It's hard to see the prequel and original trilogy as competing for a ranking, since they're all quite enjoyable, and fit together well. The Phantom Menace and A New Hope open us up to the vast Star Wars universe, Attack of the Clones and The Empire Strikes Back further explore it, Revenge of the Sith and Return of the Jedi bring things to a close. Growing up, I probably had the most fun with the middle films -- Episodes II & V. The sequel trilogy is fun -- The Force Awakens would be my favorite in that series -- but I wouldn't quite rate it the same, with the same going for Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Rogue One was good, though Solo wasn't necessarily my favourite. The various live-action shows I've seen would fall between the sequel trilogy and Solo. My experience with the holiday specials and Star Wars Rebels is too limited to have much of an opinion.

catlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By catlike

@thesubline

Excuse me Sir, but you have it all wrong. How could you do this?

I'm just being satirical, I promise.

But really though, do you folks think that a rationally-minded SW Fan (that had time to immerse himself/herself with the lore) could have this as his or her ranking of favorites (or something similar)?:

2008 Clone Wars > RotS > TPM/AotC > Legends' Comic Books (before the 'Disney-Canon') > the OG Trilogy > Rogue One > Rebels > Solo > The Disney + Shows. And then the Disney Comic Books probably lands somewhere in the middle then, maybe? (I'm asking anyone in the thread, by the way.)