Would you forgive someone who caused your family member to die in a car accident?

TheReddevils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Would you forgive someone who caused your family member to die in a car accident? (3 votes)

Yeah without hesitation 0%
Hell Nah! Never!! 67%
Bring the perpetrator to Justice 33%
God have mercy on us all 0%
Mercy is for the weak 0%
An eye for an eye 0%

Would you forgive someone who caused your family member to die in a car accident? Recently my aunt passed away in an accident when she was shopping in the morning, she was hit by a car, causing severe bleeding in the head and also due to heart failure.. she was rushed to the hospital but her life could not be saved, R.I.P my aunt 😭😭😭I am very sad because she was very kind, she was very close to my mother, who was her sister. .. she loves my mom very much. But something was bothering me. It was strange that my cousin forgave the perpetrator so easily and didn't take this matter to law enforcement. What would you do if you were in his position?

• 
D00mSlayer1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on who that family member is.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry for your loss, but it's rather suspicious of your cousin to not even take matters to law enforcement. Did they just let them go on the spot?

These perps need to be punished. Punishment is a necessary deterrent.

OT: I could forgive someone for such a mistake but it'll take a long time and they'll have to be deeply remorseful.

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My condolences. So you don't know the exact reason for the accident? Was this person on drugs or drunk or not feeling well and accidentally hit her? I think context matters for sure. If it were me I'd have to know context, if it was someone being reckless, drunk or on drugs I would not forgive them...if it was them say not feeling well themselves or having say a panic attack or something and tried pulling over but got into an accident different story.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By dshipp17

You haven't given enough context to really know but people drive for the sake of simple machismo now day and age so you might be perfectly justified in feeling anger and resentment for this person. I have to go most places walking and people, possibly depending on ethnicity, just have no respect for pedestrians; although you should have the right of way, you have to be safe rather than sorry. Way back in about 1991, I heard of two of my guardian's aunts just being run over and crushed by a car; this was roughly a year after I returned home to live with my mother; they were very elderly and they treated me like their own so they were always very nice to me and had to be told not to spoil me too much; I felt sadness, shock, and loss and just didn't know what to make of it at the time; I was in shock and sorrow all at the same time (e.g. from the details, it just sounds like some macho dude who just ran down two older women because they were in his way and he just made them pay for causing him 30 seconds of his time to let them pass; so basically, is someone like that even worth the effort? It takes thought and contemplation; I have to look at it this way: the Bible says that God isn't mocked so you have to exercise commonsense; I think Christian doctrine of this context is for people who have remorse, genuine displays of human emotion, etc not towards some reckless, careless individual who cares nothing about anything except themselves and their own person space; and that's the way of the world, largely right; again, "As in Days of Noah"; it was a different day and time, probably up through 1980s, so, it's really an open question as to whether it's a sort of mockery to ask whether forgiveness should be extended in this sort of context; it's close to the Rapture so that Judgment can commence; creating a scenario where Christianity can be mocked by those looking for that opportunity doesn't make things Christian associated any less real).

Fox Orders Crime Drama Murder in a Small Town, Co-Starring Kristin Kreuk

Loading Video...