Sun_Pao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Sun_Pao

The Curse of the Jade Emperor.

The Jade Emperor. (Yu Di, Pinyin, Yu Huang, Yuanshi Tianzun, Tia Di, Cao Dai. Shangdi.)
The Jade Emperor. (Yu Di, Pinyin, Yu Huang, Yuanshi Tianzun, Tia Di, Cao Dai. Shangdi.)

The Jade Emperor

The Jade Emperor in Chinese culture, traditional religions and myth is one of the representations for the first god. The names listed above all belong to the same being only under different doctrines of religious practices.

Origin

It was told that the Jade Emperor was originally the crown prince of the kingdom of pure felicity and majestic heavenly lights and ornaments. At birth he emitted a wonderful light that illuminated the entire kingdom. When he was young he was kind, intelligent and wise. He devoted his entire childhood to helping the weak and defenseless. He was kind and respectable to both humans and animals. After his father died he ascended to the thrown. He made sure that everyone in his kingdom found peace and contentment. After which he told his ministers that he wished to cultivate Tao on the bright and fragrant cliff. He attained Golden Immortality after 1'750 kalpas. A kalpa lasts for 129'600 years. And then after another one hundred million years of cultivation he finally had become the Jade Emperor. (Roughly 226,800,000 years.)

The Curse

The Curse of the Jade Emperor was placed on Sun Pao and his bloodline ages ago, unknowingly to Sun Pao himself. The Jade Emperor in his eternal wisdom erased all memories of himself from Sun Pao's mind completely. For some unknown reason he allowed Sun Pao to retain mystical knowledge that he himself taught to Sun Pao, but he cut himself from his former pupils life entirely. Sun Pao remembers lessons being taught to him as if taught to him by no one at all, the memories of the lessons are still there only their is no name or face to be placed to the teacher. This enigma troubles Sun Pao immensely, and he is obsessed with discovering these unanswerable questions.

Sun Pao and his bloodline have been cursed with Immortality liken to that of a Vampire in that they drink the living blood of others in order to draw power from it. They belong to a subspecies of humans called Shen. Shen are mortals cursed by gods with certain animalistic heritages. The Pao family is the oldest and most powerful of all Shen and their animal spirit is that of the Dragon. This has caused them to develop very unique principles that are invoked by their particular curse.

No two Shen are exactly alike however they all share similarities, each Shen is unique in the way that the curse effects them and their Qi. It is the manifestation of Qi energy itself that decides how powerful a Shen can become and the way that the energy manipulates their form is a complete mystery. Sun Pao believes that the reason that the curse has such a chaotic nature that in which it effects all Shen differently is because their own negative and positive furies are so out of balance the universe doesn't even know how to adequately adjust to the fluxing of their Qi energy being manifested. A very sound and largely accepted theory.

-Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

A little bit of lore is always nice :) very cool

Sun_Pao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Sun_Pao

@_eclipse_:

No Caption Provided

Sun Pao thanks you're kind words. Flawless victory. You may keep you're soul. ;)

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By ShadowSwordmaster

Very cool stuff here and I like the detail .

Sun_Pao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sun_Pao

@shadowswordmaster:

No Caption Provided

I also liked this picture of the Jade Emperor, which is what gave me the idea of using Guan Yu as the look. Some orders of people did actually think that Guan Yu had ascended to become one of Yu Huang's successors, after all. I have done my research ;)

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sun_pao: As you did good sir and I could help find some images if you need to .

Serinah_Pao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@shadowswordmaster: Thanks! And I would appreciate any images that people would like to help me collect.

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serinah_pao Sweet , I will send a pm with images when I find a good batch.

nobodycare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

nobodycare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers