man if this thing don't stop taking me to page 692

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4aaf82118d6
deactivated-5a4aaf82118d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@last_guardian: You know I think what made it less memorable in that way is the fact that it was too well done like a 1940's comic. In that it didn't really draw you in so much as make itself a lot of "bang!" "pow!" *insert positive message and incredible war propaganda heroics* But it really was a good movie. Then again I'm autobiased to period movies.

@rive_drakeis: Thought I'd drop by just for that comment.

Never been a character I've really known how to use since I wanted to make him very chaotic and manipulative (less interested in being ruler of Asgard and more interested in messing up Midgard for LOLs). Unless I was manipulating people OOC because I know I could slip things past them, it's rather unlikely anyone would sell their super genius characters as being duped by a man (or woman) in horns.

True. It's funny how much I'm trashing Thor because regardless I was really killin' it and having a good time writing the archetype of on LW. Your Loki is was comedy lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great_Samson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34655  Edited By Great_Samson
Listenin' to West Coast Classics
Listenin' to West Coast Classics

Loki_Laufeyson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rive_drakeis: We were comedy gold together. xD Your Thor, my Loki. That was fun.

Orion_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

@rive_drakeis: Yeah see and I'm autobiased against period movies, for the most part at least.

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure how someone can hate Thor and like Superman...

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rive_drakeis: An elected leader of a legitimate state is entitled to certain protocols, I absolutely agree with that. But as much as I like him BP isn't an elected leader and Wakanda isn't a legitimate state, as cool and helpful as it might otherwise be. So I've got to disagree there.

Yeah.. honestly they get all the gods except Loki wrong. Odin especially. He's just 'insert wise king stereotypes here' the same as Sif is 'insert strong woman stereotypes here'. Odin was a secretive trickster god who was obsessed with spying and forbidden knowledge. He has nothing at all to do with the Marvel version of him.

@loki_laufeyson: Haha, you are welcome.

@ali_sani_bashir:I liked that and liked him a lot in this movie. One thing that always kinda bothered me was he never seemed like he was 100% his own guy. Which doesn't fit with the fighter pilot background at all. All of those guys are convinced they're gods gift to the earth. Its why they call them zipper suited sungods, they're a little bit full of themselves. Plus his dialog always bothered me. Fighter pilots are under immense social pressure to never show signs of fear or weakness when in the cockpit. They all try to talk like Chuck Yeager anytime they're behind the stick and I always felt like Warmachine should talk the same way.

But this movie did a much better job. Obviously he's his own guy and doesn't need to be 'fighter pilot stereotype #3' but he was much more his own man and not Stark's sidekick and even had a deadstick reference when he was going down.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@loki_laufeyson: I even went the nine yards and made a nine realms thread, rainbow bridge included with each realm representing a color. Maybe one day we can do it again. Far as meat heads and redheaded step child tropes go we killed it lol

@rive_drakeis said:
@ali_sani_bashir said:

hahah killin Thor. Killin em

Firrk him

>_>

-____-

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rive_drakeis: Yeah see and I'm autobiased against period movies, for the most part at least.

I can't turn down western or WWII movie to save my life.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_shogun: I honestly wasn't looking that deep into it lol

We really dodged a bullet in the comics. They were making a bad start of trying to make the source characters more like their movie counterparts and that had me nervous. Especially the forced Coulson and Nick Jr. characters.

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34664  Edited By Last_Guardian

@rive_drakeis: Oh, I love Westerns. War movies are another story. Obviously, there are some awesome ones but a lot of them feel very similar to me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@last_guardian: Point. Sometimes their just cash grabs

On another note, the got eem dude has an insta apparently lol

Loading Video...

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rive_drakeis: What's crazy is I used to get on the 130 and get off on Artesia and Long Beach tooo xD

Fool lives in Compton..

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34668  Edited By The_Shogun

@rive_drakeis: Coulson is a character I really don't think would translate well into the comics. He was more.. a performance.. than something you can just imitate with art and dialog. It was more about the delivery and body language than anything (though his lines were written pretty well too).

Orion_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@last_guardian: lmao go chill with him. xD

@rive_drakeis: Coulson is a character I really don't think would translate well into the comics. He was more.. a performance.. than something you can just imitate with art and dialog. It was more about the delivery and body language than anything (though his lines were written pretty well too).

They tried and he didn't, at all.

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Orion_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NO ONE CAN TOUCH FERALIGATR.

I AM INVINCIBLE.

You mean discount Gyrados >:P

Hound_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34675  Edited By Hound_of_War

@last_guardian:

Well to be fair...Superman has one of the best stories in comics under his belt with creative depth that relate to social, political, and religious struggles.

While Thor only has good stories. His best story doesn't hold a candle to Kingdom Come or All Star. So I can see how one can love one and hate the other.

Not trying to throw shade at Thor or anything. He has some good storied but they're not mind blowing.

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@last_guardian:

Well to be fair...Superman has one of the best stories in comics under his belt with creative depth that relate to social, political, and religious struggles.

While Thor only has good stories. His best story doesn't hold a candle to Kingdom Come or All Star. So I can see how one can love one and hate the other.

Not trying to throw shade at Thor or anything. He has some good storied but they're not mind blowing.

Nobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_nDroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never liked Thor.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cestus said:

I've never liked Thor.

But why, Sensei???

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wants to write.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Types random comic book or tv related word.

FB attempts to tag 37 people named Goku -_- This is why I like CV @replies

The_nDroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreadpool10: LOL, he's just not an interesting character to me.

He's Marvel's attempt at Superman, and a very cheap one because he's not even an original character. He's an existing mythological figure. It's almost like fan-fiction. Now Marvel does write Thor differently than he's portrayed in Norse mythology but... what's so interesting about him? He's just a headstrong meathead with a hammer and a lot of power. Now this is just my opinion but he has no character depth. He doesn't inspire any kind of emotional response from me when I read his comic books or watch any of his movies. Because I can't get invested in his character.

Becoming unworthy of lifting Mjolnir for the 783rd time will not make him more interesting to me, LOL. To me, Superman is a more interesting character. Yes they're both very powerful characters but Superman represents an ideal. He represents the ideal of righteousness as part of the human condition. He's a character who represents many of the moral philosophies that we as people find to be ethically ideal. Now a lot of people can't relate to Superman for the same reason it's difficult to relate to a character like Captain America. They're usually presented as almost always being morally right and the most ideal version of good, and of course nobody's actually like that but that's missing the point. They're not meant to be characters we can relate to because though represent the best qualities of humanity, they're not presented as actual people because people have many flaws.

Superman (like Cap) is an ideal so we're not supposed to relate to him. We're supposed to admire him and be inspired by him. He's a source of inspiration for people to believe that tomorrow can be made better than yesterday. And Superman being presented as this almost morally perfect being, it creates a lot of narrative potential that we see explored in a lot of alternative storylines. We know he's a good man who uses these great powers for the greater good and that almost nothing can force him to broke his moral code. But what if something can? How far does an antagonist have to go to push him to his breaking point? To discover the line where his morality breaks and something dark can be found? What would it take to change his morals, to turn him into someone darker?

I've always liked those questions about him. I love it when he's thrown into a situation where the choice thrown his way is a difficult one. Say there's two children. In five minutes, Superman has to make the choice of which kid he has to choose to die otherwise the antagonist will blow up a city. This is a moral and psychological dilemma that I love. Because it basically asks of a character whose identity is fundamentally rooted in his morality, "Can you make the choice? Or do your moral beliefs supersede the lives of the millions of people in that city?". It's such an interesting scenario because the potential for psychological torture is ridiculous. It's the kind of scenario that forces Superman to question everything. Does he let one of the kids die? Would he? If he would, would he still be Superman?

So for me, Thor is not interesting at all because in my opinion he's a poor attempt at trying to be the equivalent of another powerhouse character who actually is interesting. Or at least a character I find to be interesting.

_Alistar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wants to write.

I've realized that New Awakening rpg has gotten me in the mood to write Alistar more lately, so I'm pretty sure when it's over I'm going to write his backstory. I was also planning on writing some posts in the rpg, but my friends invited me to go watch Civil War, so uhhh can't really turn them down after all the hype I've been hearing on CV.

Orion_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34687  Edited By Orion_Savage

@cestus: Nah man, Marvel's attempt at superman would be guys like sentry or gladiator or hyperion.

Hyperion ecspecially.

Great_Samson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goddamn, I want to write so bad but IDK what. I also don'T wanna do a one shot as those are like never read.

Relationship building seems to be the way to go.

The_nDroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orion_savage: Thor was Marvel's first attempt at Superman. He precedes all of the characters you named, who were later attempts at Superman too. Marvel has several.

Great_Samson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glad I'm not the one thinking Thor is like a Superman' counterpart. Although I do like him.

Hound_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hyperion is the only obvious (not counting Thor) Marvel attempt at Superman that matters. The rest are trash. Especially Sentry.

The thought process was like "So we have a Batman that people like a lot and he's clinically insane.....let's do the same with Superman. People will love that. So edgy. Much dark."

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#34692  Edited By The Psyentist

Relationship building seems to be the way to go.

Makes stories more meaningful, I think.

Anthony_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34693  Edited By Anthony_Stark
@cestus said:

@orion_savage: Thor was Marvel's first attempt at Superman. He precedes all of the characters you named, who were later attempts at Superman too. Marvel has several.

Maybe in the 1960's or whatever he was intended to be like Superman in powerhouse terms, but he resembles Superman in no way anymore. Their personalities are totally different. I don't remember the last time I saw Superman have an orgy for example :P Your criticism is valid if you're talking about classic Thor, but modern Thor doesn't fall into that breakdown because he's a different character since then. Everyone knows the reason they created Hyperion was because they wanted a Superman, now break that down everyone on CV will cheer you on xD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rive_drakeis said:

Wants to write.

I've realized that New Awakening rpg has gotten me in the mood to write Alistar more lately, so I'm pretty sure when it's over I'm going to write his backstory. I was also planning on writing some posts in the rpg, but my friends invited me to go watch Civil War, so uhhh can't really turn them down after all the hype I've been hearing on CV.

That's cool man, I was just generally speaking out loud. Just got the itch to push something out.

Go do your thing.

Great_Samson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_psyentist: It makes actually making them easier too. When you know another character as much as your own their incorporation into a scenario is that much easier. It's also cool when you see people referencing others in their IC posts.

The_nDroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tryna watch BvS to see if I can be more neutral and watch it like a non-comic fan

Then Jimmy dies and I'm dissapointed all over again.

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The_nDroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love to see Mark Hunt fight Rumble Johnson just because there's no way in hell that fight would go to a decision, LOL.

Anthony_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34700  Edited By Anthony_Stark

@hound_of_war: Sentry is sooo bad xD He's like a half-made character.