Follow

Gwen Stacy

Character » Gwen Stacy appears in 1593 issues.

Gwen Stacy was the first true love of Peter Parker. She's best known for her tragic death by being thrown off from the Brooklyn Bridge by the Green Goblin. The Earth-65 version is Spider-Gwen who is a major player in the Spider family.

Possible SPOILERS on Gwen Stacy's fate in The Amazing Spider-Man 2

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

Edited By sora_thekey
    No Caption Provided

In case the title wasn't enough of a warning: (Possible) SPOILER ALERT!

This was posted on CBM.com regarding Gwen Stacy's role in The Amazing Spider-Man sequel:

Gwen Stacy (Emma Stone) will indeed check out in this film, but perhaps more surprising is that it's been hinted - note we don't know this for certain - that this won't even happen at the end, and Stone's role may not be very large at all. Like I said, that's speculation based on how the info was put across, but I personally wouldn't be surprised in Gwen buys it around the beginning of the third act, giving Spidey a reason to go off the deep end and seek revenge.

Of course, this is just speculation and is in no way oficial, but lets say it's true. After reading this, I thought of a theory on how this would work.

By the looks of it, Gwen might die by the end (or middle) of the movie, but what if "checking out in this film" doesn't mean death, but that she will simply not be around? In the comics, Gwen also disappears for a while when she leaves to live in London with her aunt and uncle after her father's death. Maybe Gwen and her family (remember that Gwen has a mom and brothers in ASM) move to London some time during ASM 2.

This could create the perfect setting for the movie's love triangle with Mary Jane Watson. What do you guys think?

PS. I just hope she doesn't die at the hands of someone other than Green Goblin.

-- Geo (sora_thekey) 24/7 geek! -- Follow me on Twitter: @sora_thekey

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.