Follow

Hercules

Character » Hercules appears in 1962 issues.

One of six Olympian sons of Zeus, Hercules was born the savior of the Gods and mankind. Known as the Prince of Power, Hercules is one of the strongest beings in existence, an Olympian God and a modern superhero recognized throughout the world for his might. He has been a champion of mankind since ancient times and continues to defend the world in the modern age - most frequently as a member of the Avengers.

Marvel...please re-power Hercules soon..

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Wolfrazer

Because it doesn't make a lick of sense to have him being a mere mortal. He ain't even a demi-god anymore....hes now a guy using greek weapons and is a street leveler now...that just doesn't seem right for this character at all.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By PowerHerc

Yes, Marvel, re-power Hercules already!

It's not interesting to see Hercules, the hero whose very name is synonymous with "Strength", as a street-level hero. If we wanted that, we'd read Batman, Daredevil or Spider-Man. We want the "God of Strength" to live up to the title.

We like Hercules for the sum total of his character which includes his personality, his history and his powers! We weren't secretly wanting Hercules to lose his powers and we're not happy he did. Batman fans don't want to see him pushing planets, knocking over buildings, breaking steel chains and such. They want to see him fighting as a highly trained and skilled normal man. We Hercules fans don't want to see him fighting the Hobgoblin and depending on agility/acrobatics. We want to see him uprooting buildings, pulling islands and shattering mountains with his fists.

This de-powered farce has gone on to long now (It's actually quite ridiculous how long it's went on).

Give Hercules' powers back to him. Let 'Herc' be "HERCULES" again!

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Wolfrazer
    @PowerHerc said:

Yes, Marvel, re-power Hercules already!

It's not interesting to see Hercules, the hero whose very name is synonymous with "Strength", as a street-level hero. If we wanted that, we'd read Batman, Daredevil or Spider-Man. We want the "God of Strength" to live up to the title.

We like Hercules for the sum total of his character which includes his personality, his history and his powers! We weren't secretly wanting Hercules to lose his powers and we're not happy he did. Batman fans don't want to see him pushing planets, knocking over buildings, breaking steel chains and such. They want to see him fighting as a highly trained and skilled normal man. We Hercules fans don't want to see him fighting the Hobgoblin and depending on agility/acrobatics. We want to see him uprooting buildings, pulling islands and shattering mountains with his fists.

This de-powered farce has gone on to long now (It's actually quite ridiculous how long it's went on).

Give Hercules' powers back to him. Let 'Herc' be "HERCULES" again!

It might have been an interesting concept if he was a DEMI-GOD(because then he would still have his strength and such just at a lower standard), but being a mere mortal?....NO. Bring him back to full power! 

GOD OF STRENGTH! He doesn't have that title for no reason.
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PowerHerc

@Wolfrazer said:

Bring him back to full power!
    GOD OF STRENGTH!
    He doesn't have that title for no reason.

That's Right! Hercules is the God of Strength for a reason! Now he needs his full strength back!

Do you hear that, Marvel?

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JonSmith

Eddie Brock still isn't back to being Venom.

Keep that in mind.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By Lvenger

Marvel have brought Janet back and given Strange his Sorcerer Supreme title back. Now they just need to repower Hercules and I'll be fine with the status quo. Although how they're going to do that, I have no clue.

Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
    GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By GrandSymbiote94

@JonSmith said:

Eddie Brock still isn't back to being Venom.

Keep that in mind.

I don't think Marvel is going too turn Eddie back to Venom. They had 2 chances to do it.

Here's the first time they could have done it.
    Here's the first time they could have done it.

.And Here's the second time.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By evilvegeta74

Bring the real Herc back now!

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PowerHerc

@Lvenger said:

Marvel have brought Janet back and given Strange his Sorcerer Supreme title back. Now they just need to repower Hercules and I'll be fine with the status quo.

Me, too.

@evilvegeta74:

Nice choice of images!

Raizex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Raizex

Patience is the key to success.... Just hopefully he gets his powers back. :(

Thorcules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Thorcules

@Raizex said:

Patience is the key to success.... Just hopefully he gets his powers back. :(

I was never that good with patience. So I really don't want Hercules like this and can't wait that long for it. D:

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Wolfrazer

Oh I am patient and can wait...but its just the fact that Hercules is a mere mortal and a street leveler character now is what bothers me and what I can't stand.

chalkshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By chalkshark

They should give him back his own series. Put him back in the Avengers. Revive the Champions, too. Marvel's all about giving characters multiple series. The truth is, there can never be too many books featuring Marvel's Hercules on the stands. I say, let's bring back Marvel Team-Up, with Hercules as the permanent star. Who doesn't want to see Hercules tooling about the Marvel Universe with it's greatest characters sharing in his adventures? Make it happen, and I'll Make Mine Marvel!...... Mostly.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Wolfrazer
    @TheAcidSkull said:

@Wolfrazer said:

Oh I am patient and can wait...but its just the fact that Hercules is a mere mortal and a street leveler character now is what bothers me and what I can't stand.

shy did marvel depower him again? i hope the re-power him in MN

Yes again....why they keep doing so, haven't a clue.
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PowerHerc

@chalkshark said:

They should give him back his own series. Put him back in the Avengers. Revive the Champions, too. Marvel's all about giving characters multiple series. The truth is, there can never be too many books featuring Marvel's Hercules on the stands. I say, let's bring back Marvel Team-Up, with Hercules as the permanent star. Who doesn't want to see Hercules tooling about the Marvel Universe with it's greatest characters sharing in his adventures? Make it happen, and I'll Make Mine Marvel!...... Mostly.

Hercules as the permanent star of a new "Marvel Team-Up" series?!? That's a great idea!!!!(Why didn't I think of that?!?)

I love it! There are endless possibilities to this idea! I absolutely love it!

MeleeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hercules Deserved Powers!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.