Follow

Rachel Summers

Character » Rachel Summers appears in 2875 issues.

Rachel Summers is the daughter of Cyclops and Jean Grey from the alternate "Days of Future Past" timeline. She was forced to become a mutant "hound" and track other mutants before escaping to the present. Rachel has immense telekinetic and telepathic powers. Rachel was also a longtime host to the Phoenix Force.

Rachel Summers after Age of X (SPOILER)

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By Kairan1979
    celestial_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By celestial_man

so whats the message  then do we  know...  i hope its bishop was right all along you must destroy hope summers as she is the anti-phoenix  and mus be destroyed in order to save the universe.... we know its going to be something phoenix related and here i was hoping it was a  symbiont covered brood invation of  earth.

Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Green Skin
    @celestial_man said:
    so whats the message  then do we  know...  i hope its bishop was right all along you must destroy hope summers as she is the anti-phoenix  and mus be destroyed in order to save the universe.... we know its going to be something phoenix related and here i was hoping it was a  symbiont covered brood invation of  earth.
    Why does it have to be something Phoenix related?  It's taken a really long time to get back to Earth, they should be back by now.  More than likely her ship ran into some kind of trouble and they can't get home.
    celestial_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By celestial_man

because  i know marvel are obsessed with the phoenix  force   ( i refuse to accept that grant morrison white hot room bull   and still see the phoenix as a cosmic force)...... i am actually hopeing its not phoenix related alot of people are sick of  the phoenix  it has tared the  legacy of the xmen for too too long !   for me i actually prefer rachel as the phoenix as she made it her own... thus i am cringe as i am sure this message thing will just be bad

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By Kairan1979
    @celestial_man:
    I hope the message was "Vulcan is alive!"
    CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By CATPANEXE

i assume this means we'll be seeing Alex and Lorna again. glad they're finally addressing this, i was beginning to think the prophecy of
    Earth X might actually be coming true (though it's hard to say there was never a basis in the first place either).

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By fesak  Moderator
    @CATPANEXE said:

i assume this means we'll be seeing Alex and Lorna again. glad they're finally addressing this, i was beginning to think the prophecy of Earth X might actually be coming true (though it's hard to say there was never a basis in the first place either).

Well i guess you didn't see this X-Men Legacy cover

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By CellphoneGirl

It is seriously about time they got brought back. In my opinion it should of happened before Second Coming.

riri4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By riri4life

O.O

psyrax2k11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By psyrax2k11

So my question is this.  So we all know this is Rachel's astral form, but is this Jean's AoX counterpart that we're seeing Rachel trapped in?  Because during AoX, Rachel said that she didn't look like herself.  I was just wondering, thanks guys.

Tempest55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Tempest55

I don't really know much about this character and after glancing at the wiki on her I get the impression she is from another reality or Earth. So what's so important about her? And was she always there on Utopia?

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#12  Edited By xerox_kitty

@Tempest55: Rachel is from an alternate future timeline where the Sentinels had wiped out most of mutantkind. 

She's 'important' in the sense that she's the biological daughter of Cyclops & Jean, from a world where they were married (and there was no Maddie Pryor)... and she's destined to become Mother Askani, who created the Askani Clan who will care for young Cable thousands of years in the future in order to protect him from & fight Apocalpyse.

She hasn't been on Utopia yet.  Rachel, Havok & Polaris were 'lost in space' when the X-Men still lived in Westchester, New York.  It seems that she was telepathically reaching out to someone on Utopia around the time that 'Moira'/X struck.  So Rachel's consciousness was transformed into Revenant... with the belief that she was the Jean Grey Phoenix.  When reality was changed back to normal, her consciousness remained trapped in the Revenant form as there was no 'body' to return to... and she seems to have lost her way back to her body...  But I'm sure all those details will be filled in over the next few months.

Tempest55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Tempest55

Oh okay, now that makes sense whats happened to her body. Looking at her wiki page confused me when it had her Earth numbered 811, I read more DC than Marvel and it made me think she was from another Universe (like the way DC Universe's planets are numbered EX: Earth 2) but it makes sense that instead it's an alternate timeline within this same Marvel Universe.
    Wow that's really crazy so that group was lost in space all this time. Now I'm really interested in this plot line, how the heck are they going to put her back in the body. o_O  I'm hoping that the message is a warning for an upcoming Brood invasion because they seem like a fun enemy to fight off, and they're really creepy.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By fesak  Moderator
    @Tempest55 said:
    Oh okay, now that makes sense whats happening to her body. Looking at her wiki page confused me when it had her Earth numbered 811, I read more DC than Marvel and it made me think she was from another Universe (like the way DC Universe's planets are numbered EX: Earth 2) but it makes sense that instead it's an alternate timeline within this same Marvel Universe.

Wow that's really crazy, so that group was lost in space. Now I'm really interested in this plot line. How the heck are they going to put her back in the body. o_O
    Earth-811 is an alternate reality.
    Tempest55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Tempest55
    @fesak said:
    @Tempest55 said:
    Oh okay, now that makes sense whats happening to her body. Looking at her wiki page confused me when it had her Earth numbered 811, I read more DC than Marvel and it made me think she was from another Universe (like the way DC Universe's planets are numbered EX: Earth 2) but it makes sense that instead it's an alternate timeline within this same Marvel Universe.

Wow that's really crazy, so that group was lost in space. Now I'm really interested in this plot line. How the heck are they going to put her back in the body. o_O
    Earth-811 is an alternate reality.
    Yea, your right I'll just remember that...I'm over thinking it :P
    psyrax2k11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By psyrax2k11

@xerox-kitty

Thanks for clearing that up about the Jean/Rachel/Revenant issue, it confused me a bit when Rachel said that she didn't look like herself; to me it said that Revenant from Age of X was Jean (because of the log files), but was of course Rachel, but in Jean's form.  I don't know, I haven't picked up the recent X-Men: Legacy issues yet.  lol.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By ReVamp

... I have how he acts that he's her father... I mean he is, but he isn't. Not really.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.