Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17258 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spider-Man Comics Discussion

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

@danslott said:

@ninjablade09 said:

No it's still an opinion. No matter how you state it, it's an opinion.

Nope. Fact.

If I say "In this issue... EVERYTHING EXPLODES!"

And then in that issue everything explodes, what was hyped was delivered. :-)

Dear Slott, Please write an Issue of any comic thats just stuff exploding.

This is all I want for Christmas This Year

-TheCheeseStabber

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

@danslott said:

@ninjablade09 said:

Nope. Fact.

-TheCheeseStabber

Go see a Michael Bay movie you'll be all set. :)

silverageguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@danslott: On all of it. The very idea that Ock is wearing a Spidey suit, let alone taking overPeter Parker's body is a slap in the face to any sensible Spiderman fan. This is just a nonsensicle story arc that will have little or no value down the road. Once Peter Parker returns all of this Superior Spiderman crap will find itself on the trash heap along side other ridiculous Spiderman obscenities like The Clone Saga and Ben Riley. It will be a hic up in the wider Spiderman history. It's just sad we had to take such a long detour before getting back to satisfying and enjoyable Spiderman stories. Going for the shock value is short sighted. It may be getting sales but Spidermans sales over the last decade have fallen drastically, it's not selling what it once did. Idiotic arcs like this don't help. I'll start buying Spidey again when Peter returns to reclaim MJ. I know I will have a long wait as long as Marvels current editorial board remains in place.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@animehunter said:

Seems Marvel has changed the date again,

Superior Spider-man #24 - OUT December 18th

---

---

---

---

---

Same pompous watered down dialogue and without a doubt the UGLIEST artwork in all of comicdom.

Careful there,you dont want any trouble.....
    There are lots of Twitting birds out there,son.....watch out!

DanSlott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3855  Edited By DanSlott

@silverageguy said:

@danslott: On all of it. The very idea that Ock is wearing a Spidey suit, let alone taking overPeter Parker's body is a slap in the face to any sensible Spiderman fan.

Yes. All "sensible" Spider-Man fans consider this fictional story a "slap in the face."

Good point.

Oh, btw, it's "Spider-Man," with a hyphen. :-)

@silverageguy said:

It may be getting sales but Spidermans sales over the last decade have fallen drastically, it's not selling what it once did.

It's actually selling around the same numbers that the JMS issues were selling before they got CIVIL WAR tie-in bumps. (For example, in 2005, with the exception of the House of M Spider-Man tie-ins, Amazing Spider-Man was selling under 80,000 for the entire year.) The book is actually bucking the current market trend and selling in the zone of a book from a way better performing era. So... You're kinda wrong on that point. And a decade ago, Spider-Man sales DIDN'T include digital sales, and the current Spider-Man title is one of the best performing digital titles Marvel has. And that's on top of great trade sales and subscriptions. :-O Since the start of SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN in January, and for the entire year of 2013 so far, thanks to its sales COMBINED with its double-shipping schedule, no book in the entire American Direct Market has appeared in the Top 10 more times than SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN.

Also, it's "Spider-Man's," with a hyphen. :-)

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3856  Edited By Phaedrusgr

@danslott: Spider-man with a hyphen. I'm really curious how Superior Spider-man with a hyphen will be treated in the future. Will it be a glorious era? Anyway, I will jump in again, buying the Goblin Nation, cause I truly think Marvel will restore Peter. If not, I'm completely dropping this title. That's not a threat! Gentlemen do not threat. That is a statement. Haha.

TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecheesestabber said:

@danslott said:

@ninjablade09 said:

Nope. Fact.

-TheCheeseStabber

Micheal Bay Needs to write a book :P

@danslott PLEASE WRITE THE EXPLOSION BOOK :D????

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecheesestabber: BOOM!!!! Yeah, explosion, man! That would definitely sell. Everyone loves a good explosion...

TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecheesestabber: BOOM!!!! Yeah, explosion, man! That would definitely sell. Everyone loves a good explosion...

Pop Up Book :P

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Preview: Amazing Spider-Man #700.4 - OUT December 18th

• Continuing the special celebration of THE ORIGINAL SPIDER-MAN from Man of Action’s Joe Casey & Tim Green (AVENGERS ACADEMY)!

• What is the Black Lodge? And how has Spider-Man been trapped there, surrounded by his deadliest foes? Then, the Black Cat and Spider-Man team-up to bust an international art thievery ring in CAT & MOUSE by Jen Van Meter (CAPTAIN MARVEL) and Emma Rios (AMAZING SPIDER-MAN).

• Finally, a young boy must learn he can’t rely on super heroes like Spider-Man to stand up against bullies in 12 O’CLOCK HIGH by Clay Chapman (AVENGERS: EARTH’S MIGHTIEST HEROES) and Javier Rodriguez (DAREDEVIL).

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/ASMFR1999700-DC11-LR-b43ca.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/ASMFR1999700-DC21-LR-549f0.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/ASMFR1999700-int-LR2-1-615b9.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/ASMFR1999700-int-LR2-2-831d3.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/ASMFR1999700-int-LR2-3-918de.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/ASMFR1999700-int-LR2-4-7ab4e.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Preview: Amazing Spider-Man #700.5 - OUT December 18th

• Peter Parker and Johnny Storm must stop an apocalyptic future by fighting – the Fantastic Four?! By Brian Reed (MS. MARVEL) and Sean Chen (AVENGERS)!

• Then, a young child risks his life to save Spider-Man’s in the emotional WHAT WOULD SPIDER-MAN DO? By Kevin Grievioux (NEW WARRIORS) and Lee Weeks (AMAZING SPIDER-MAN)!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/ASMFV1999700-DC11-LR-782be.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/ASMFV1999700-DC21-LR-f2e64.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/ASMFV1999700-int-LR2-1-ca9ce.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/ASMFV1999700-int-LR2-2-0f16c.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/ASMFV1999700-int-LR2-3-fa08f.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/ASMFV1999700-int-LR2-4-73064.jpg

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Preview: Superior Spider-Man Team-Up #8 - OUT December 18th

• After the events of the Superior Six, the Superior Spider-Man faces off with an even deadlier foe: SELF-DOUBT.

• Has the Superior Spider-Man been humbled? How can he come back from this?

• With the help of a guest-star even more arrogant than Spider-Man… THE SUB-MARINER!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/SUPSMTUP2013008-DC11-LR-7221a.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/SUPSMTUP2013008-int-LR2-1-2f685.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/SUPSMTUP2013008-int-LR2-2-cd3a6.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/SUPSMTUP2013008-int-LR2-3-5ef36.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/SUPSMTUP2013008-int-LR2-4-5218d.jpg

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3862  Edited By JonSmith

Ah... It's nice to see Superior Spider-Man written properly in Team-Up. Come to think of it, I'm curious about how Slott feels about Yost writing SpOck so differently from the way Slott writes him, considering Slott is Superior's creator...

Actually, I bet Slott doesn't see any difference between how the two SpOck's are written. Somehow.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#3863  Edited By Teerack

I wasn't expecting my dislike of the 700.issues to be matched by the writer himself, ha.

So uh Eddie Brock has been stalking Flash right?... Toxin(Eddie Brock) should be showing up in the next SSM issue?

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonsmith said:

Ah... It's nice to see Superior Spider-Man written properly in Team-Up. Come to think of it, I'm curious about how Slott feels about Yost writing SpOck so differently from the way Slott writes him, considering Slott is Superior's creator...

Actually, I bet Slott doesn't see any difference between how the two SpOck's are written. Somehow.

If I'm honest, I think I would have enjoyed the story a lot more if Yost was the one writing the main series.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3865  Edited By animehunter

Quick re-cap

With all the previews , this makes 4 Spider-man titles coming out December 18th

• Amazing Spider-man #700.4 & 5
    • Superior Spider-man #24
    • Superior Spider-man Team-up #8

Also, here's a thought, what if the next title once Peter returns is simply Spider-man #1.

superior_slot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While I also prefer Yost's SpOck to Slott's, the way fan reaction works makes me curious as to whether if they simply replaced Dan's name with say, Gage, for these four issues the reaction would leap in terms of positivity.

Of course, my greatest problem with Superior is the fact that the various versions of SpOck don't mesh. The guy from Arms of the Octopus isn't the guy from SSM and the guy from SSM (at least from Issue 9 onwards) isn't the guy from SSM Team-Up, who, bafflingly given that he's written by the same guy isn't the guy from the final few issues of Avenging Spider-Man.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

@ninjablade09 said:

@thecheesestabber said:

@danslott said:

@ninjablade09 said:

Nope. Fact.

-TheCheeseStabber

You can't actually deliver on hype. That's kind of a contradiction of the actual definition :V

I'm not going to so condescending to actually post the definition and explain it... you're all big boys and can google it, but... ya....

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Preview: Amazing Spider-Man #700.4 - OUT December 18th

• Continuing the special celebration of THE ORIGINAL SPIDER-MAN from Man of Action’s Joe Casey & Tim Green (AVENGERS ACADEMY)!

• What is the Black Lodge? And how has Spider-Man been trapped there, surrounded by his deadliest foes? Then, the Black Cat and Spider-Man team-up to bust an international art thievery ring in CAT & MOUSE by Jen Van Meter (CAPTAIN MARVEL) and Emma Rios (AMAZING SPIDER-MAN).

• Finally, a young boy must learn he can’t rely on super heroes like Spider-Man to stand up against bullies in 12 O’CLOCK HIGH by Clay Chapman (AVENGERS: EARTH’S MIGHTIEST HEROES) and Javier Rodriguez (DAREDEVIL).

---

---

---

---

---

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Preview: Amazing Spider-Man #700.5 - OUT December 18th

• Peter Parker and Johnny Storm must stop an apocalyptic future by fighting – the Fantastic Four?! By Brian Reed (MS. MARVEL) and Sean Chen (AVENGERS)!

• Then, a young child risks his life to save Spider-Man’s in the emotional WHAT WOULD SPIDER-MAN DO? By Kevin Grievioux (NEW WARRIORS) and Lee Weeks (AMAZING SPIDER-MAN)!

---

---

---

---

---

Okay.....these two look surprisingly cool.......very cool.....very surprisingly...
    Deodato drew the first cover right?.....cuz it's awesome.

Preview: Superior Spider-Man Team-Up #8 - OUT December 18th

• After the events of the Superior Six, the Superior Spider-Man faces off with an even deadlier foe: SELF-DOUBT.

• Has the Superior Spider-Man been humbled? How can he come back from this?

• With the help of a guest-star even more arrogant than Spider-Man… THE SUB-MARINER!

---

---

---

---

THIS is how you make a preview that people can tell this is going to be a nice read....

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We understand 3 things from the solicits...

1. Superior Foes are now priced at $3.99,instead of $2.99.....glad i dont read it....i would've been angry.....(@thecheesestabber)
    2. No Ultimate Comics Spider-Man........
    3. None of the solicits say “THIS ISSUE WILL MAKE YOU ANGRIER THAN ANY ISSUE OF SPIDER-MAN EVER HAS,IN 51 YEARS OF HISTORY!”....
    Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Wow Superior Spider-Man Team-Up looks great, that's how SpOck shoi;d be written, he seems to actually understand that he has made a mistake and it cant be fixed.

TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:
    @thecheesestabber said:

@ninjablade09 said:

@thecheesestabber said:

@danslott said:

@ninjablade09 said:

Nope. Fact.

-TheCheeseStabber

You can't actually deliver on hype. That's kind of a contradiction of the actual definition :V

I'm not going to so condescending to actually post the definition and explain it... you're all big boys and can google it, but... ya....

What?

1. Superior Foes are now priced at $3.99,instead of $2.99.....glad i dont read it....i would've been angry.....(@thecheesestabber)
    3. None of the solicits say “THIS ISSUE WILL MAKE YOU ANGRIER THAN ANY ISSUE OF SPIDER-MAN EVER HAS,IN 51 YEARS OF HISTORY!”....

Can you tell me one time you're not biased or angry :P

DanSlott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How do I feel about other writers writing Superior differently than I do?

Honest answer: Great!

Batman reads differently in BATMAN than he does in DETECTIVE, than he does in BATMAN & ROBIN, than he does in JUSTICE LEAGUE, than he does in EARTH 2, than he does in DARK KNIGHT, than he does in-- Well, you get the idea.

Spider-Man reading differently in different Marvel titles (SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN, SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN TEAM-UP, AVENGERS, MIGHTY AVENGERS, A+X, DAREDEVIL, DEADPOOL, JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY, CARNAGE, AGE OF ULTRON, etc...) is going to happen for one simple reason...

...writers are different people. They have different voices that they are going to bring to the table with whatever character they're working on. And that's great! One person might like the way Rick Remender writes Captain America in the solo book, another might prefer the way Jonathan Hickman writes him over in AVENGERS, some might prefer him more in AVENGERS ASSEMBLE or SECRET AVENGERS or what-have-you. That's a good thing because it gives readers more choices.

There shouldn't be a cookie-cutter way of writing any major iconic character. Because everyone's going to have a different take. I remember, as a kid, being excited to see the radically different way Batman was being written and drawn when he showed up in a SWAMP THING comic. He wasn't looking or acting at all like the Batman I was used to in my favorite DC book at the time, BRAVE & THE BOLD. That was the first time I noticed that as a young reader. And it didn't get me bent out of shape. It did just the opposite... It made me realize that there was more than one side to this character-- and I wanted to pick up more books that could show me that.

I love the way Yost writes Superior when he uses him in SSMTU or SCARLET SPIDER. It's not exactly what I would do-- which is what makes it cool to me. But at its heart, he's still the same basic character at his core, we touch on each other's continuity, and it all fits together. In my eyes, that makes these characters more human too. You don't act the same way with your parents that you do with your friends, or co-workers, or the person at the check out, or your nephew, or your business partner, or your date, or your elderly neighbor, and so on... So why should characters act EXACTLY the way they do from title to title?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker said:

Can you tell me one time you're not biased or angry :P

When i'm asleep.

But if you're passionate about something,you express your passion with passionate feelings of passion ("passion" inception)

In this particular case,i dont give a damn.....i remembered that you like Superior Foes,and mentioned ya.I would not spend money to read Boomerang or Shocker....no matter how great the book is,i am not interested in these characters.......whenever Norman stared in a series,i was all in......Venom i read too......for a year now,i have been reading the "Astonishing Adventures Of Doctor Octapus" :P........but Boomerang?!....no.

@danslott said:

How do I feel about other writers writing Superior differently than I do?

I dont have a problem with how the character "feels" in the hands of different writers,i agree with you on that aspect.
    I have a problem that most of the events(probably all of them) that occur in other books,arent mentioned in the main title.....in Team Up he had 6 super-powered criminals in his "basement" and this wasnt even mentioned in your title....it was kinda big.

This was just an example...i dont read Mighty Avengers,Avengers,or Carnage,so i cant judge for these books.

superior_slot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the same vein as what Punyparker brought up, can anyone actually create a sensible timeline as to how Superior works out? I mean, I guess that the events of Team-Up 5-8 are after Darkest Hour, if only because Parker Industries is already off the ground but that's about it. It's the sort of niggling question of limited importance that haunts a fanboy.

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3875  Edited By angelalfonso

I understand that the same character is always going to be written differently depending on who is written him, but I do like more how Mr. Yost has been writing him since the start of the book (like an evil villain only pretending to be a hero).

And like @PunnyParker said, it seems like everything that has happened on Yost book has nothing to do with the main title which it’s a bit disappointing.

O yes the preview for 700.3 it looks very interesting, I can wait to read it, the 700.4 not so much, I don’t like Johnny that much.

TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danslott: On all of it. The very idea that Ock is wearing a Spidey suit, let alone taking overPeter Parker's body is a slap in the face to any sensible Spiderman fan. This is just a nonsensicle story arc that will have little or no value down the road. Once Peter Parker returns all of this Superior Spiderman crap will find itself on the trash heap along side other ridiculous Spiderman obscenities like The Clone Saga and Ben Riley. It will be a hic up in the wider Spiderman history. It's just sad we had to take such a long detour before getting back to satisfying and enjoyable Spiderman stories. Going for the shock value is short sighted. It may be getting sales but Spidermans sales over the last decade have fallen drastically, it's not selling what it once did. Idiotic arcs like this don't help. I'll start buying Spidey again when Peter returns to reclaim MJ. I know I will have a long wait as long as Marvels current editorial board remains in place.

the thing is, it won't just go back to normal. Ock pretty much ruined EVERY good aspect of his life. His job, His relationships with his teammates and friends and possibly allies (aside from Jay and Aunt may), Kaine and Venom showed up at his doorstep for approval pretty much, and he spat in Kaines face, undoing a possible bond between the two. This is pretty much just putting spider-man back at square one, IDK if that is even considered character development, they just one more day'd it but no deals with the devil were made.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

comedy_brosUSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3879  Edited By comedy_brosUSA

SSMTU is honestly a lot better than I ever expected for a side series companion to SSM. but although I like that Ock is starting to regret everything, and I do feel like it is his nature to screw things up and hate himself no matter what, I think in SSM the whole point is to screw things up and basically reboot things for when Parker comes back( HE WILL) so that Parker will be the always down on himself Peter, and not the happy one from BND and Big time until 700. I think if this is true, Parker will be characterized more normally because he feels regret for things and feel more emotion than he did in BND.His portrayal in BND for me felt odd because having what happened in OMD, and him knowing NONE of that, just made it weird to even feel pity for the guy since in a way, it isn't the same Peter we knew before the event, emotionally and physically( organic web shooters). if the writers wrote the storyline from after Aunt May died, and we saw Spider-man after, emotionally he would be changed, but readers(at least this is how I feel) will be dealing with continuity wise, the same Peter Parker. but after BND it was a different Peter to me, who was not, and probably won't ever be, the same for me because of the loss of tragedies in his life( Harry being alive, MJ's baby not being in continuity) that made his vow to uncle Ben even stronger. it would have been good to see Ben tell Peter at a cemetery that May is ok, and that their finally together again. or something like that, that just plays on the emotions and connection fans have to spider-man. it would've made it a lot easier for me to deal with her loss rather then just retconning the whole event altogether.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

O yes the preview for 700.3 it looks very interesting, I can wait to read it, the 700.4 not so much, I don’t like Johnny that much.

Yeah,me too....im more of a Peter/Matt(DD) friendship supporter.

@punyparker: You ever read any Previews?

Yep.

Mrgreenlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really should have switched books after SSTU with Kaine, i dont mean to come off as a dick or anything but Yost writes the Character head and shoulders above anyone else. The tone you get just from reading the previews you get the feeling that Spock is trying to make good on his promise to Peter. On another note I've been loving ASM 700.1 .2 and .3, having peter under the mask is a nice little reminder why I prefer Peter as SPIDER-MAN

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3882  Edited By animehunter

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #27.NOW MARK BROOKS VARIANT

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/119/714/original/Superior-Spider-Man-27.NOW-Mark-Brooks-Variant.jpg

TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: And you wont even read it free in a store?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A cup of hot coffee,a comfortable chair,and this book fot free......then maybe.

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #27.NOW MARK BROOKS VARIANT

The overall is awesome,but Gobby's cap,is a bit ugly......i always dug the more "open" faced,thus, high on the head,cap Green Goblin....

Like this

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3885  Edited By animehunter

EXCLUSIVE: Ryan Stegman's pencils for "Wolverine" #2

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/wolv-02-04-small-ef574.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/wolv-02-05-small-2f1e2.jpg

TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecheesestabber said:

Pfffft Just go to B&N or a Local Comic Shop and read an issue there xD

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3887  Edited By PunyParker

@punyparker said:

@thecheesestabber said:

Pfffft Just go to B&N or a Local Comic Shop and read an issue there xD

Only with a free coffee and a comfy chair.These are my demands.
    And no i dont do this.......

i download them instead.:P

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EXCLUSIVE: Ryan Stegman's pencils for "Wolverine" #2

---

And why did this lad leave the book again!??

TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Nothing beats a Barnes and Noble Comic Book Stake Out at 8pm, the people you see are amazing xD

Avatar image for dathomiesilversurfer
    DatHomieSilverSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God I was so bored by Amazing Spider-man 700.2, I was hoping that even though .1 was just a bland, by the numbers spider-man tale it would wow me somehow. Aunt May is my least favorite Spider-man character and I always used to feel she kept him from evolving as a character. Her first death in (ASM 400?) was well written and matured Peter. So any storyline involving Aunt May giving Peter some sagely advice Uncle Ben would say has worn me out. I get it. WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT RESPONSIBILITY. It's incredible advice. But it literally pops up in every goddamn comic these days. *sigh* This issue just made me appreciate SSM more. It may be written very obtusely, but it's a welcome change-up. Even though I liked what slott was slowly doing with Peter, making him less of a loser. JMS did such a great job evolving Peter and then BND just regressed him back into his manchild ways. I get it, he's the everyman. But the everyman isn't a totally loser that still eats his 1000 year old aunts PB&Js sans crust.

700.3 was dope though. The spider-man story I like, with Pete in a tough situation that inadvertently leads to him ending up in a worse situation where he uses his brains AND brawn to get out of. Also love me some Black Cat.

btw, I like how in the recent SSM she had a problem with Pete dating a short person. It is was less a prejudice than her having honest worries about Peters future (how his children would turn out, etc...) And while I don't condone that sort of thinking, it did give her character more of a personality. She's like a million years old, of course she's still going to have some old fashioned opinions.

Sorry, I just created an account and I had so much I've wanted to rant about for years.

-Fin

comedy_brosUSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3891  Edited By comedy_brosUSA

I have this really crazy idea in my head that I think should've happened or should happen. so in 545 mephisto said how they will forget their marriage(pete and MJ) but a fraction of their mind will know what they did and be crying for eternity, and that's why mephisto wanted it. but in SSM, with Ock trying to dive into the mind of Pete, it would/'ve been nice to see him like " wait..what?" if he figures it out, and then he realizes that Aunt May was going to die if he didn't make the deal, and he understands. it would make a good after Goblin nation story in SSMTU or SSM, if he's just sitting in his apartment and thinking the whole issue. then when Pete comes back, he has no recollection of this. it would seem possible that Ock could find the fraction of it, because he found Peter at the slightest bit of an abnormality.

comedy_brosUSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has anyone seen Ryan Stegman's holiday Spider-man and MJ artwork on his tumblr?

TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danslott: 2 Things :D

1. What do you think of the Superior Foes Book

2. Will they ever appear in Superior Spiderman, during Goblin Nation One shot Perhaps?

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3894  Edited By animehunter

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/40/3501200-tumblr_mxmb00npsn1qe69nqo1_1280.jpg

comedy_brosUSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danslott: 2 Things :D

1. What do you think of the Superior Foes Book

2. Will they ever appear in Superior Spiderman, during Goblin Nation One shot Perhaps?

ok so i'm not dan slott. but he answered question 1 in this forum. just wanted you to know so if he does answer it'll save you a question. he said he likes it because the characterization is different and not the same.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comedy_brosusa said:

This is from?!....

Oh!....and it's magical......why cant this man draw Amazing Spider-Man........drat.

comedy_brosUSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3897  Edited By comedy_brosUSA

@animehunter said:

@comedy_brosusa said:

This is from?!....

Oh!....and it's magical......why cant this man draw Amazing Spider-Man........drat.

I was hoping it would be in a future SSM issue but Stegman's off the book. which really stinks.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker said:

@animehunter said:

@comedy_brosusa said:

This is from?!....

I was hoping it would be in a future SSM issue but Stegman's off the book. which really stinks.

Then it would be an ASM issue....not SSM.
    That's Peter.

AND WHERE IS THAT FROM PEOPLE!!?

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3899  Edited By animehunter

@punyparker said:

@comedy_brosusa said:

@punyparker said:

@animehunter said:

@comedy_brosusa said:

This is from?!....

That's Peter.

It's a commission by Stegman and as far as I can tell, not tied to any future issue

comedy_brosUSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comedy_brosusa said:

@punyparker said:

@animehunter said:

@comedy_brosusa said:

This is from?!....

That's Peter.

from Ryan Stegman's Tumblr. and that's what I was thinking too because it's Pete's suit. unless it's just a homage to Peter which would really stink considering how awesome it would be if that is a spread from an actual ASM future comic book

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.