Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17259 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spider-Man Comics Discussion

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#3901  Edited By PunyParker

@animehunter:

@punyparker said:

@comedy_brosusa said:

@punyparker said:

@animehunter said:

@comedy_brosusa said:

Has anyone seen Ryan Stegman's holiday Spider-man and MJ artwork on his tumblr?

This is from?!....

Oh!....and it's magical......why cant this man draw Amazing Spider-Man........drat.

I was hoping it would be in a future SSM issue but Stegman's off the book. which really stinks.

Then it would be an ASM issue....not SSM.

That's Peter.

AND WHERE IS THAT FROM PEOPLE!!?

from Ryan Stegman's Tumblr. and that's what I was thinking too because it's Pete's suit. unless it's just a homage to Peter which would really stink considering how awesome it would be if that is a spread from an actual ASM future comic book

It's just in Pete's honour.......Christmas,Mary.......just draw a Spidey Xmas Special,that's all.

comedy_brosUSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3902  Edited By comedy_brosUSA

@punyparker: I know ;( if only it were real comic art. but hopefully when Peter comes back we get a whole new team of artists and writers. and Stegman should come back. Dan's good at events that make really bad things happen and he sets them up years in the future instead of just writing stories that are in continuity, but aren't a big prolonged event that serves no purpose other than to lead up to something worse. I think that a new writer who will write good spidey stories with all of his supporting cast, and let him have genuine happy moments and sad moments( not ones that are just leading up to something bigger) would be a good fit.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3903  Edited By PunyParker

@comedy_brosusa said:

@punyparker: I know ;( if only it were real comic art. but hopefully when Peter comes back we get a whole new team of artists and writers. and Stegman should come back. Dan's good at events that make really bad things happen and he sets them up years in the future instead of just writing stories that are in continuity, but aren't a big prolonged event that serves no purpose other than to lead up to something worse. I think that a new writer who will write good spidey stories with all of his supporting cast, and let him have genuine happy moments and sad moments( not ones that are just leading up to something bigger) would be a good fit.

He's a good story-writer.Not so good story-teller.

He can write a story,but at scripting,others can do better.

I said it many times,but i want Peter to come back,and if Dan leaves,i want the Scarlet Spider creative team.....Yost-Stegman.

comedy_brosUSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comedy_brosusa said:

I said it many times,but i want Peter to come back,and if Dan leaves,i want Yost.

I agree with you. he's a good writer. that's basically what I was implying. but it would be awesome if Yost did it, but as long as he includes Pete's supporting character's and has good "main" storylines becasuse in SSMTU their is a lack of supporting characters and interactions between Peter and his cast. but this may just be because it isn't the main series and is simply to include more adventures of Ock, not actual storytelling

DanSlott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3905  Edited By DanSlott

Dan's good at events that make really bad things happen...

Like... NEW WAYS TO DIE or SPIDER-ISLAND?

and he sets them up years in the future...

...Ah. Okay. I see where you're going. Like the octobot/space station set up for ENDS OF THE EARTH, or all the touchstones between #600 through #700 for DYING WISH.

....instead of just writing stories that are in continuity, but aren't a big prolonged event that serves no purpose other than to lead up to something worse.

So... Nothing like: PETER PARKER: PAPARAZZI in ASM #559-#561, FACE FRONT in ASM #560-#561, MYSTERIOSO in #ASM #618-#620, OUT FOR BLOOD in ASM #621, TORCHLIGHT in ASM #657, RETURN OF ANTI-VENOM in ASM #663-664, CROSSROADS in ASM #655, GREAT HEIGHTS in #674-#675, I KILLED TOMORROW in #678-#679... so no self contained stories or self-standing shorter arcs... like those and others I've told during my ASM stint?

I think that a new writer who will write good spidey stories with all of his supporting cast, and let him have genuine happy moments and sad moments( not ones that are just leading up to something bigger) would be a good fit.

So the Peter moment w/ Aunt May before her marriage in #600 wasn't a genuine happy moment and/or sad moment? Or getting his job at Horizon? Or the time he got an article published in Scientific American? Or his moment of triumph at the climax of Spider-Island? Kinda confused here.

I think what you're getting at is that you don't like subplots and you don't want over-arcing stories that build to major developments and/or big emotional moments. What you want are self contained stories that take place in evergreen status quos where you feel comfortable. Basically, more predictable stories that fit into the mold of what's been done for last 50 years. Is that it?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker said:

@comedy_brosusa said:

I said it many times,but i want Peter to come back,and if Dan leaves,i want Yost.

I agree with you. he's a good writer. that's basically what I was implying. but it would be awesome if Yost did it, but as long as he includes Pete's supporting character's and has good "main" storylines becasuse in SSMTU their is a lack of supporting characters and interactions between Peter and his cast. but this may just be because it isn't the main series and is simply to include more adventures of Ock, not actual storytelling

Yeah,Team Up isnt really a "storyline" book....Yost himself it's the fun book......no events or concequenses.

comedy_brosUSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3907  Edited By comedy_brosUSA

@danslott are you some kind of wizard? here's the thing. I liked new ways to die. I liked Spider-Island, I liked 600, I liked ALL of those stories, until I found out that they were just a build up for SSM.(excluding new ways to die) I like arcs, I like large story lines, but when I found out that all of those stories were just to lead up to something else, it annoyed me a bit because I felt like it wasn't an actual genuine story, just a filler for what you want to be done next. i'm not saying these stories were bad, Spider-island is one of my favorite spidey stories of all time, but I felt the revelation that it was just a build up arc in a sense, along with ends of the earth was upsetting. can't Spider-man just have arcs with his villains without it always being a lead up to something? sorry if I got off on the wrong start, I like your stories, but the aspect that it was just to build up to something in the future was what annoyed me.

DanSlott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danslott are you some kind of wizard? here's the thing. I liked new ways to die. I liked Spider-Island, I liked 600, I liked ALL of those stories, until I found out that they were just a build up for SSM.(excluding new ways to die) I like arcs, I like large story lines, but when I found out that all of those stories were just to lead up to something else...

They weren't. They were their own stories. Did they have elements in them that lead to things down the line? Yes. That's called a subplot. That's like... in every Marvel Comic where a creator has a nice, long, healthy run. If those bug you, don't even dare try Claremont's X-MEN, Simonson's THOR, Bendis' ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN, Hickman's FANTASTIC FOUR... or anything really. :-)

Sometimes stories can be BOTH. Self-contained adventures with puzzle pieces that build towards stories in the future.

At the start of BND, I had Mr. Negative take a vial of Spider-Man's blood. It gave him (the villain) a minor victory at the end of the story... and the promise of something sinister brewing for their next encounter.

Did that stop the opening arc of BND from also having a self-contained story? Nope.

And let me tell you, there were a LOT of BND writing summits where the other BND writers wanted that vial in their stories. And I'd tell them, "You can't have it. I have plans for it." :-) And with each meeting, people would get more aggressive about it, "But you haven't used it yet. And it would really work well in my story."

Eventually that vial got put into use during the MYSTERIOSO arc. And that spawned a one-shot story, OUT FOR BLOOD, where Spidey & the Black Cat not only stole the vial back, but replaced it with fake blood. And the next time Mr. Negative tried to use that blood against Spider-Man (in THE RETURN OF ANTI-VENOM), that got paid off again.

So... was there a long-seeded story element in there? Yep. From the first BRAND NEW DAY arc, to MYSTERIOSO, to OUT FOR BLOOD, to THE RETURN OF ANTI-VENOM. Was it a payoff for long term readers? You bet. For new readers, they were brought up to speed within the context of each storyline, so they could follow along as well. And did it payoff as a sad moment for Peter/Spider-Man? Absolutely not. It was actually a victorious moment for him-- as he got to set up Mr. Negative for the biggest sock-on-the-jaw in my run to date.

There's always stuff like that being seeded in this run. Sometimes it's great for the protagonist... sometimes it's tragic. But if it always went just ONE way for the main character, then that too would start becoming predictable.

One of the fun benefits of serialized fiction is that it CAN do long form storytelling. It's something I enjoy about the medium as a writer-- and, honestly, it's something I enjoy even more as a reader.

comedy_brosUSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danslott: I get what you are trying to say. But I'm just asking why can't it just stop for a little while and just have spidey stories that don't contain little seeds to future stories? seeds in stories aren't bad, but they are overused now so it feels annoying when a revelation of a tragic event happens to the protagonist right when you were starting to enjoy the current stories. I would like to clear up that changes in comics aren't bad in case you quote me on it, but I feel like too many changes are occurring in the book rapidly where it's really hard to digest everything that's going on in each issue. Again, I don't hate the book, but my opinion is that too many subplots and/or seeds in a single comic is very overwhelming. no disrespect to you because I do like the stories you are telling and I think you are a nice person, I just feel too much is being teased too quickly so it's hard for me to understand all that is taking place. it is for sure a book that makes you think about what will happen next, so good job on that :D

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

@danslott: I get what you are trying to say. But I'm just asking why can't it just stop for a little while and just have spidey stories that don't contain little seeds to future stories? seeds in stories aren't bad, but they are overused now so it feels annoying when a revelation of a tragic event happens to the protagonist right when you were starting to enjoy the current stories. I would like to clear up that changes in comics aren't bad in case you quote me on it, but I feel like too many changes are occurring in the book rapidly where it's really hard to digest everything that's going on in each issue. Again, I don't hate the book, but my opinion is that too many subplots and/or seeds in a single comic is very overwhelming. no disrespect to you because I do like the stories you are telling and I think you are a nice person, I just feel too much is being teased too quickly so it's hard for me to understand all that is taking place. it is for sure a book that makes you think about what will happen next, so good job on that :D

No! Don't stop! I love reading spider-man and trying to connect the dots for what comes next. Theorycrafting is one of my favorite things to do.

camstevens80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the way Slott seeds his stories for future stories. It makes for a more enjoyable ride and when you connect the dots you can look back and see where it all started. Personally, I enjoy shows like Lost and How I Met Your Mother, shows that seed story lines, more than Law & Order or CSI which is just a new self contained story every week. Those types of shows/stories aren't bad or unentertaining, but a long form seeded story that also has self contained stories is just more fun.

comedy_brosUSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@camstevens80: @teerack: All I'm saying is I think their are too many seeds planted in a single issue so it's hard to follow sometimes. I like connecting dots too.

Mrgreenlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Countdown until issue 25 Scarlet Spider!!! who else is sad yet somewhat happy it lasted 25 issues? along with giving us a awesome supporting cast of characters

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrgreenlantern: I’m only sad, it should have lasted at least 100 issues. It will end with so many plot holes and unresolved issues.

Mrgreenlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@camstevens80: lost is not a good example of planting seeds for the story unless you want to call a confusing clusterfuck seed planting..perfect example of a self contained story is ASM 700.3 its a book you can pickup and read without prior knowledge of past issue. If ASM 600 had just stayed its own story instead of trying to connect it 100 issues later We wouldnt be calling Slott out on gimmick writing

Instead from ASM 698 onward hes chose to go the route of M. Night Shyamalan with twists and turns

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3916  Edited By angelalfonso

@mrgreenlantern said:

@camstevens80

: lost is not a good example of planting seeds for the story unless you want to call a confusing clusterfuck seed planting..perfect example of a self contained story is ASM 700.3 its a book you can pickup and read without prior knowledge of past issue. If ASM 600 had just stayed its own story instead of trying to connect it 100 issues later We wouldnt be calling Slott out on gimmick writing

Instead from ASM 698 onward hes chose to go the route of M. Night Shyamalan with twists and turns

At the end of goblin nation, the biggest revelation: Superior Spiderman is not Doc Ock in Peter's Body, but a werewolf Peter from the future, thinking he is Doc Ock

Something just caught my eye in the preview for Thunderbolts annual (no, not Dr. Stranger on tighty whities) but this:

No Caption Provided

that looks like Peter to me.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3917  Edited By animehunter

From Bleeding Cool

Is Superior Spider-Man #30 Solicitation Actually The Last Issue Of The Series? And An All-New Marvel Now Spider-Man Starting In April?

No Caption Provided

In Marvel’s solicitations for March, they list Superior Spider-Man #29 and #30 as parts three and four of the five part storyline Goblin Nation.

But I’m being, by connected sources, told that this is a fake out. That the actual last chapter is part four. That Superior Spider-Man is actually publishing its final two issues in March. And in April, we get a brand new Spider-Man comic by Dan Slott and Humberto Ramos.

And yes, out alongside the April release of the new Amazing Spider-Man 2 film.

So who might be inside the suit, and the cranium of that person, we have yet to find out. Doc Ock? Peter Parker? Miles Morales?

And of course, this could all be a load of web fluid… let’s find out in a month’s time!

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3918  Edited By PunyParker

@animehunter said:

From Bleeding Cool

Is Superior Spider-Man #30 Solicitation Actually The Last Issue Of The Series? And An All-New Marvel Now Spider-Man Starting In April?

No Caption Provided

In Marvel’s solicitations for March, they list Superior Spider-Man #29 and #30 as parts three and four of the five part storyline Goblin Nation.

But I’m being by connected sources told that this is a fake out. That the actual last chapter is part four. That Superior Spider-Man is actually publishing its final two issues in March. And in April, we get a brand new Spider-Man comic by Dan Slott and Humberto Ramos.

And yes, out alongside the April release of the new Amazing Spider-Man 2 film.

So who might be inside the suit, and the cranium of that person, we have yet to find out. Doc Ock? Peter Parker? Miles Morales?

And of course, this could all be a load of web fluid… let’s find out in a month’s time!

Something's not right...

1. Goblin Nation ends in issue #31....not #30.
    2. Amazing Spider-Man 2 comes out May.......i believe a big website that specifies itself on comic-books, should know that....
    3. "....let's find out in a month's time" ....unless they're talking about new solicits,i have no idea what they mean
    4. (personal opinion) If Ock isnt in the body,it's kinda silly to think that someone else other than Peter inhabitats this particular body.....they used the term "the cranium of that person" .....not me........It's a human body Bleeding Cool.....it's not a motel....
    camstevens80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3919  Edited By camstevens80

@punyparker

1. Did you not read the article? It says that Marvel is lying and Goblin Nation does not end with issue 31, but 30. You can't say an article doesn't make sense when it explains itself pretty clearly.

2. AS2 comes out May 2 in the US and April 18 in the UK.

3. Yes, he's talking about the solicits that come out next month.

4. I have no idea what you mean here. You know that cranium is another word for head, right?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3920  Edited By PunyParker

@camstevens80 said:

@punyparker

1. Did you not read the article? It says that Marvel is lying and Goblin Nation does not end with issue 31, but 30. You can't say an article doesn't make sense when it explains itself pretty clearly.

2. AS2 comes out may 2, so if you wanted to start fresh with Spider-man to get new readers, April would be a good time to start, but yes, they are wrong about the movie starting in April.

3. Yes, he's talking about the solicits that come out next month.

4. I have no idea what you mean here. You know that cranium is another word for head, right?

1. Okay,i was wrong about that.But how can "Goblin Nation" last part,be on a totally different book?!....
    2. Yeah,i didnt mean "When's the right time".....i meant practically that, they're wrong.
    3. Okay.
    4. "So who might be inside the suit, and the cranium of that person" If they're gonna make a big change ,from the current situation,who else can inhabit Peter Parker's body?....than Peter himself?!.....i meant that this sentence was a tad excessive....and as i wrote, personal opinion.
    angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3921  Edited By angelalfonso

@camstevens80: He is saying that if it’s not Doc. Ock it has to be Peter, because Peter’s head is… well a head and not a cheap ass motel.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@camstevens80: He is saying that if it’s not Doc. Ock it has to be Peter, because Peter’s head is… well a head and not a cheap ass motel.

Thank You.

Mrgreenlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

all I can say is bring on the last issue of scarlet my body is ready for new warriors! :P Kaine has to be the leader of the team...cmon can anyone else see him following orders from a bunch of teens lolg

DanSlott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

perfect example of a self contained story is ASM 700.3 its a book you can pickup and read without prior knowledge of past issue. If ASM 600 had just stayed its own story instead of trying to connect it 100 issues later We wouldnt be calling Slott out on gimmick writing

Hi. Can you please show me where exactly ASM #600 wasn't a self-contained story when it came out?

Again, you are very much confusing "gimmick" with "story premise." Show me ANY story that's coming out that couldn't be called a "gimmick" story-- by an upset fan.

Is it a "gimmick" to have the young X-Men travel to the future and deal with this present day time? Or is that the premise to a story?

If you think it was a "gimmick," was it a "gimmick" when Claremont & Byrne did the converse in Days of Future Past?

Was it a "gimmick" to have a secret society living under Gotham all these years with Bruce Wayne/Batman not knowing about them? Or is that a story premise?

Is it a "gimmick" to have Daredevil move to a different city-- or a story premise?

It really comes down to how fan-angry the story makes you. That really does seem to be the only metric at work here.

Granted, there was a twist in #698.

What was the 2nd twist?

Turns, I'll give you. We call those story developments. Are you saying you DON'T want your stories to take surprising turns? Because if so, then what you're asking for is the world's most boring and predictable comic. :-)

camstevens80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker ok, my bad about the hotel comment. I understand what you were saying. And I had edited my last comment, but AS2 opens in the US on May 2 and in the UK on April 18.

Mrgreenlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3926  Edited By Mrgreenlantern

@danslott: er thats what i meant 600 was self contained it only became part of superior after you explained the setup in 600

If you take 600 read it for what it is its a great read , however once you say it laid the seeds for 700 I'll call you out on it.

Where exactly as the reader do you hint towards the events in 700? Where in that entire issue do you hint Ock's master plan for 700? I'll answer that quick and simple, you dont It took until 84 issues later or so when Ends of the earth started

Hell you could have set this event up 10 years ago , the problem starts when you say that you've been planting these seeds when in fact you might have been planting them in your head and not on the paper

As a person reading ASM 600 no point in that book can you connect it to 700 without you telling us it does

Here on the forums we've speculated on Peter and Mj's former landlord Mr.Watanabe from 25+ years ago having some crazy connection to Wraith based off name alone, that is connecting the dots between stories whether Right or Wrong Or Pedro Mj's new beau ,We've all speculated he has something todo with the goblin army , you dont introduce a new character only to not use them =p

Its hard to invest yourself in a story when all you have is the beginning paragraph and the final chapter of the story

Dan you are a good writer the only problem is I think people will remember you in the same way they remember M night shyamalan for his twists rather than the solid story leading upto the twist

Oh P.S Do you get commish from superior's poster sales etc? im just curious that's all

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Something I forget to mention is, I don’t think there would be solicitations for what’s to come after goblin nation, Marvel will want to keep that a “secret” for as long as they can, and if they do release some, they will probably only have thing like: “don’t miss this one”, “something that will rock spiderman world”, etc (you know Mr. Slott catchphrase's)

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker ok, my bad about the hotel comment. I understand what you were saying. And I had edited my last comment, but AS2 opens in the US on May 2 and in the UK on April 18.

They could have meant that,yeah....

On another,but the same note...

But I’m being by connected sources told that this is a fake out. That the actual last chapter is part four. That Superior Spider-Man is actually publishing its final two issues in March. And in April, we get a brand new Spider-Man comic by Dan Slott and Humberto Ramos.

Only those?......"@danslott and Humberto Ramos"?....that's it?!....

And what makes them think(Bleeding Cool) that Marvel will reveal the "big secret" in next month's solicits?.......it will be still 4 months away....it's not a secret anymore.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First Look: INHUMANITY: SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #1

Marvel is pleased to present your very first look at INHUMANITY: SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN from superior spidey-scribe Christos Gage and red hot artist Stephanie Hans! The Inhuman city of Attilan has detonated and crashed from the skies, leaving dangerous wreckage and equally dangerous Inhuman technology all over Manhattan. It’s up to the Superior Spider-Man to stop the chaos. But he’s not alone. And he’s about to learn that super powers aren’t all it takes to be superior – and heroes can come from anywhere.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/40/3506643-inhumanity_superior_spider-man_cover.jpg

---

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/40/3506644-inhumanity_superior_spider-man_preview_1.jpg

---

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/40/3506645-inhumanity_superior_spider-man_preview_2.jpg

---

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/40/3506646-inhumanity_superior_spider-man_preview_3.jpg

_Nexus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anybody think the first arc after Peter returns will be something like Spider-man: Wanted where he has to face off against the avengers, fellow heroes, angry family and friends, and the city for the crimes that Ock committed within his body?

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the art is great.

Avatar image for master_of_suprise
    MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

@_nexus_ said:

Does anybody think the first arc after Peter returns will be something like Spider-man: Wanted where he has to face off against the avengers, fellow heroes, angry family and friends, and the city for the crimes that Ock committed within his body?

That's probably what this is leading up too.

DanSlott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3933  Edited By DanSlott

er thats what i meant 600 was self contained it only became part of superior after you explained the setup in 600

Yes. The way ANY self-contained story stands by itself... Until something something else adds on it or revisits it. You're finding really weird and nuanced ways to say, "I don't like Superior Spider-Man."

And that's fine. It's okay to just not like something. But these rationalizations and semantics you're making to get there are bizarre.

If you take 600 read it for what it is its a great read , however once you say it laid the seeds for 700 I'll call you out on it.

And you'd be wrong. I work Marvel Style. #600 was plotted to be a standalone. When I was scripting it was when I realized it could build to a bigger story. You had NO idea it had a seed for a later story until you read a comic 98 issues later-- and/or heard about it in an interview. You're retroactively hating on a story that you liked. :-)

Where exactly as the reader do you hint towards the events in 700? Where in that entire issue do you hint Ock's master plan for 700? I'll answer that quick and simple, you dont It took until 84 issues later or so when Ends of the earth started

Nope. I only wrote 4 Spidey stories after #600 and before the start of the Big Time run: Mysterioso (paying off threads from the start of BND), Out For Blood (the same), The List (which had to deal w/ Dark Reign stuff), and Shadowland (which had to deal w/ Shadowland status quo).

And right when my solo run kicked in (#648) we started seeding it-- with Doc Ock's plan building towards EOTE-- and reminding the readers that he had new admiration for Spider-Man's mind.

From then on there were multiple seeds-- mainly from Madame Web's prophecies-- along with bringing Doc's mind-helmet and octobots back into play in Spider-Island. There were seeds in every major "Spider-Event."

But if you didn't notice them, then that kind of defeats your original point, right?

Here on the forums we've speculated on Peter and Mj's former landlord Mr.Watanabe from 25+ years ago having some crazy connection to Wraith based off name alone, that is connecting the dots between stories whether Right or Wrong Or Pedro Mj's new beau ,We've all speculated he has something todo with the goblin army , you dont introduce a new character only to not use them =p

Here on the boards you guys speculate a lot of stuff. That's not on me. That's on you.

Its hard to invest yourself in a story when all you have is the beginning paragraph and the final chapter of the story

I'm sorry, that's bull. You just said earlier that you liked #600 when you first read it. You're NOT getting the "beginning paragraph" of a story. You're get A FULL story. And it ALSO has a subplot and/or seeds for later tales. That's ALWAYS been the nature of Marvel Comics.

Dan you are a good writer the only problem is I think people will remember you in the same way they remember M night shyamalan for his twists rather than the solid story leading upto the twist

Oy. This again. There was ONE twist. It was in #698. Where have you found another twist? I get that this is your particular talking point, and you like to beat it like a dead horse, but there's really no merit to it. At all.

Oh P.S Do you get commish from superior's poster sales etc? im just curious that's all

Nope. Or action figures. Just the comics and comic collections. :-)

_Nexus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danslott: Hey Dan I'm a huge fan of Miguel O'Hara I been hearing things like he is getting a new series set in the present is there any truth to this and if so when will we hear more info on it?

Also do you think that the death of Ultimate Peter Parker took some of the wind out of your "killing" of Peter because now Spidey fans didn't have a Peter Parker to fall back on.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

@camstevens80: @teerack: All I'm saying is I think their are too many seeds planted in a single issue so it's hard to follow sometimes. I like connecting dots too.

Complexity>Simplicity.

comedy_brosUSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

@comedy_brosusa said:

Complexity>Simplicity.

umm...sure

Avatar image for dathomiesilversurfer
    DatHomieSilverSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danslott rock on hombre, I'm digging Superior Spider-Man and the changing of the guard in the series, hope this lasts for at least another year. Peter's great, but needs a nice, long rest.

Bokkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danslott: Thanks for the explanation, I think I would think the same when it would be my character.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3939  Edited By animehunter

QUICK WARNING to everyone who hasn't issue #24 yet.

YOU'D BETTER BE SITTING DOWN WHEN READING IT, BELIEVE ME.

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3942  Edited By animehunter
    @angelalfonso said:

@animehunter: is it good? or bad?

Bad hmmm. Bad story? No. Bad for everyone in it? in can get worse. So Let's just say, things have really hit the fan and that why you NEED the support of the chair

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter: Can I ask you something? A tiny spoiler… does it has something to do with Pete?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3944  Edited By PunyParker

First Look: INHUMANITY: SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #1

Marvel is pleased to present your very first look at INHUMANITY: SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN from superior spidey-scribe Christos Gage and red hot artist Stephanie Hans! The Inhuman city of Attilan has detonated and crashed from the skies, leaving dangerous wreckage and equally dangerous Inhuman technology all over Manhattan. It’s up to the Superior Spider-Man to stop the chaos. But he’s not alone. And he’s about to learn that super powers aren’t all it takes to be superior – and heroes can come from anywhere.

---

---

---

Art's sick....

@angelalfonso said:

Bad hmmm. Bad story? No Bad for everyone in it? in can get worse. So Let's just say, things have really hit the fan and that why you NEED the support of the chair

I ,uh......i dont get it here.....
    So it's good or bad?.....mediocre maybe?

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3945  Edited By animehunter

@punyparker said:

@animehunter said:
    @angelalfonso said:

Bad hmmm. Bad story? No Bad for everyone in it? in can get worse. So Let's just say, things have really hit the fan and that why you NEED the support of the chair

I ,uh......i dont get it here.....

So it's good or bad?.....mediocre maybe?

And here I am trying to all mysterious.

Simple the story is GOOD, The situations the characters are in is what can get worse, not worse as in how they were written by what they go through.

AGAIN, Hold on to your seat when reading it.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Yost confirmed via a letter at the latest Scarlet Spider #25 that, Kaine is the guy in the suit,in the new comic book "New Warriors",written by himself(Yost,not Kaine :P )

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ed_Brock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

do someone tell me what happened in this issue, please? by pm

kostisfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ed_brock said:

do someone tell me what happened in this issue, please? by pm

Me as well if possible. My subs will arrive next month and nobody has put up a torrent.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.