Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17278 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spider-Man Comics Discussion

comedy_brosUSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@punyparker: I was figuring it was sarcasm. I was HOPING it was sarcasm. but you can't tell with people. as for DC and cartoon network, they don't kid-ify(is that even a word) the name characters, and I think they are adapted well( beware the batman just isn't my thing though, with all the CG and stuff). not that Avengers on Disney XD isn't good, because it's a pretty interesting show,( ultimate's just lame now, and hulk seems bad) but Disney is controlling a lot more of Marvel, then Cartoon network is doing DC. and for your point on the avengers: I AGREE COMPLETELY. also, during one of DC's major events, you will at least see every DC character in one panel or one comic. with marvel, your lucky if you see anyone besides the avengers and x men. it's sad to say, because I love spider man a lot, but DC is just stronger with their storytelling, and I think they respect the writers enough so that the writers will not do something catastrophic to a character. it seems the opposite at marvel, like the writers take advantage of their privileges.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@punyparker: I was figuring it was sarcasm. I was HOPING it was sarcasm. but you can't tell with people. as for DC and cartoon network, they don't kid-ify(is that even a word) the name characters, and I think they are adapted well( beware the batman just isn't my thing though, with all the CG and stuff). not that Avengers on Disney XD isn't good, because it's a pretty interesting show,( ultimate's just lame now, and hulk seems bad) but Disney is controlling a lot more of Marvel, then Cartoon network is doing DC. and for your point on the avengers: I AGREE COMPLETELY. also, during one of DC's major events, you will at least see every DC character in one panel or one comic. with marvel, your lucky if you see anyone besides the avengers and x men. it's sad to say, because I love spider man a lot, but DC is just stronger with their storytelling, and I think they respect the writers enough so that the writers will not do something catastrophic to a character. it seems the opposite at marvel, like the writers take advantage of their privileges.

DC always had the best writers and Marvel always had the best artists.....it goes way back to the 70s till 2000s.....it is like this.
    And im sure DC wont make the mistake to be movie-ised after the "Batman and his bitches" movie in 2015....

As for CN you are right,but Dini said that YJ was cancelled because it was beginning to be more and more adult every ep. and that CN doen't want girl viewers cuz they dont buy toys.(irrelevant,but interesting fact)

And im not upset Batman's doing good and Spidey doesn't.....he's on top of my character prefferences along with Spider-Man!!......i'm happy Batman is in good hands!!.......and sad at the same time that Spider-Man has nothing good going for him(fingers crossed for the ASM2 movie)....

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel not always has the best artists, right now DC has Jim Lee and Greg Capullo, two of my favorites artist.

comedy_brosUSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4154  Edited By comedy_brosUSA

@comedy_brosusa said:

DC always had the best writers and Marvel always had the best artists.....it goes way back to the 70s till 2000s.....it is like this.

And im sure DC wont make the mistake to be movie-ised after the "Batman and his bitches" movie in 2015....

As for CN you are right,but Dini said that YJ was cancelled because it was beginning to be more and more adult every ep. and that CN doen't want girl viewers cuz they dont buy toys.(irrelevant,but interesting fact)

And im not upset Batman's doing good and Spidey doesn't.....he's on top of my character prefferences along with Spider-Man!!......i'm happy Batman is in good hands!!.......and sad at the same time that Spider-Man has nothing good going for him(fingers crossed for the ASM2 movie)....

yeah. oh, did you hear that Disney Channel is doing a Phineas and Ferb/ Star Wars crossover before the next movie comes out? that's now Disney treats the companies they bought. and Marvel keeps on saying the comics won't be affected by Disney, when in reality they are, besides SSM. The avengers don't even look right anymore because of the movies and TV shows! the avengers was a great movie, but the changes to the avengers in the comics just to fit the movie portrayals was just wrong. if anything it should be the opposite. and the whole secret origin of Tony Stark arc in Iron Man thing was totally pointless in the end. Marvel creates big things that will "change things" but don't even have any effect on the future. that's how I kind of feel about Superior. people will remember it, but will it effect the future? probably not.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel not always has the best artists, right now DC has Jim Lee and Greg Capullo, two of my favorites artist.

I said in general,history has poitned this out.

yeah. oh, did you hear that Disney Channel is doing a Phineas and Ferb/ Star Wars crossover before the next movie comes out? that's now Disney treats the companies they bought. and Marvel keeps on saying the comics won't be affected by Disney, when in reality they are, besides SSM. The avengers don't even look right anymore because of the movies and TV shows! the avengers was a great movie, but the changes to the avengers in the comics just to fit the movie portrayals was just wrong. if anything it should be the opposite. and the whole secret origin of Tony Stark arc in Iron Man thing was totally pointless in the end. Marvel creates big things that will "change things" but don't even have any effect on the future. that's how I kind of feel about Superior. people will remember it, but will it effect the future? probably not.

The only "horrific" event that affected the future was clone saga,and obviously OMD."Sin's Past" is forgotten,and Superior.....okay,maybe it wont be forgottenmbut i dont think it will play too much of a role,besides Peter cleaning the mess Ock left....

I don't read Iron-Man.Stopped in the 3rd issue.

But,you can't deny,the changes Whedon made to the,visual aspect of the heroes aren't radical,or bad......i mean,the "ear-wings" from Cap are gone,and that's a good thing,and it's reflected in the comics,thank god.....Iron Man isn't changed much.Thor's helmet is gone.....meh.Widow hasn't changed and Hawkeye LOOKS like a SHIELD agent......and not a purple,stupid version of Green Arrow(awesome show,by the way)......but in general i agree with you....the comics shouldn't follow the movies.
    DC is doing it right......Batman is grey-black no matter the Nolan films.....and it seems their approach to the ManOfSteel-verse is the New 52-ish....and that comes straight from the comics!!....

And SSM is like this because they dont own Spider-Man......if Spidey was a Dysney property(movie rights) and the Webb films was Dysney's,Peter would be right here.......

It is weird,that,they have the cartoon,and Pete is in it,though.....

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And two of the best writers: Scott Snyder & John Layman.

comedy_brosUSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angelalfonso said:

I said in general,history has poitned this out.

@comedy_brosusa said:

The only "horrific" event that affected the future was clone saga,and obviously OMD."Sin's Past" is forgotten,and Superior.....okay,maybe it wont be forgottenmbut i dont think it will play too much of a role,besides Peter cleaning the mess Ock left....

I don't read Iron-Man.Stopped in the 3rd issue.

But,you can't deny,the changes Whedon made to the,visual aspect of the heroes aren't radical,or bad......i mean,the "ear-wings" from Cap are gone,and that's a good thing,and it's reflected in the comics,thank god.....Iron Man isn't changed much.Thor's helmet is gone.....meh.Widow hasn't changed and Hawkeye LOOKS like a SHIELD agent......and not a purple,stupid version of Green Arrow(awesome show,by the way)......but in general i agree with you....the comics shouldn't follow the movies.

DC is doing it right......Batman is grey-black no matter the Nolan films.....and it seems their approach to the ManOfSteel-verse is the New 52-ish....and that comes straight from the comics!!....

And SSM is like this because they dont own Spider-Man......if Spidey was a Dysney property(movie rights) and the Webb films was Dysney's,Peter would be right here.......

It is weird,that,they have the cartoon,and Pete is in it,though.....

yeah. that's what bugs me, is that pretty much the only arcs that impacted anything are the ones that I don't like. SSM's fallout will last probably a few months, then some reboot will happen. or something like that. and about the avengers, the changes in the movie were for the better, but it shouldn't be reflected in the comics. I mean, their changing a 60 year thing just so it will fit something that has been out for a year, and most people have forgotten.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comedy_brosusa: They're freshing up characters and i can get that......the Thor helmet was old school,ear wings,Hawkeye costume...all these stuff are good that they changed in the comics.......
    And btw everything except the ear-wings changed in the Bendis Avengers....so practically it's before the movie....
    Batman has changed drastically thu the years,noone is complaining.....because the changes made him who he is now.....in 2002 he still had the blue cape-cowl(Hush)....which now seems odd,because he's the "dark" character.

comedy_brosUSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comedy_brosusa:

They're freshing up characters and i can get that......the Thor helmet was old school,ear wings,Hawkeye costume...all these stuff are good that they changed in the comics.......

And btw everything except the ear-wings changed in the Bendis Avengers....so practically it's before the movie....

Batman has changed drastically thu the years,noone is complaining.....because the changes made him who he is now.....in 2002 he still had the blue cape-cowl(Hush)....which now seems odd,because he's the "dark" character.

yeah. he had it up till Final Crisis I think.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker said:

@comedy_brosusa:

They're freshing up characters and i can get that......the Thor helmet was old school,ear wings,Hawkeye costume...all these stuff are good that they changed in the comics.......

yeah. he had it up till Final Crisis I think.

Uh-huh.
    I still think the New 52 is the best.

_Nexus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comedy_brosusa: @punyparker:

Sorry had to get into this conversation about Disney, Marvel, Movie rights, etc. I was just in Florida for a ten day Christmas vacation and while I didn't go to Disney world I did do some shopping in down town Disney. Disney does one thing for the companies it's acquires...MILKS THEM. The gross milking of the Star Wars franchise was outrageous every single store had Disney/Star Wars merchandise mickey dressed as a Jedi, Goofy as C3PO Statutes (a cool stitch as yoda bust which i got) not to much marvel stuff but when you did see it Spidey was right along with the rest of the Avengers. Disney wants to make as much money from a franchise as possible so the changes to characters to reflect the movie while may be good in some cases they are to get more people to recognize the characters in the book from the movies therefore make more money.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_nexus_ said:

Sorry had to get into this conversation about Disney, Marvel, Movie rights, etc. I was just in Florida for a ten day Christmas vacation and while I didn't go to Disney world I did do some shopping in down town Disney. Disney does one thing for the companies it's acquires...MILKS THEM. The gross milking of the Star Wars franchise was outrageous every single store had Disney/Star Wars merchandise mickey dressed as a Jedi, Goofy as C3PO Statutes (a cool stitch as yoda bust which i got) not to much marvel stuff but when you did see it Spidey was right along with the rest of the Avengers. Disney wants to make as much money from a franchise as possible so the changes to characters to reflect the movie while may be good in some cases they are to get more people to recognize the characters in the book from the movies therefore make more money.

I personally believe they'll find a way to push Spider-Man with the Avengers......i mean,we have SOOOOO MUCH easter eggs,you can say it's already done....the cooperation between the companies exist,in other aspects,like SONY putting out a DVD with an Iron Man animated film........but the latest big hit was the Oscorp logo in the mobile Iron Man 3 game.....that was massive.....

What the hell,go read the thread i opened some months ago.....we have gathered all the easter eggs there. Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe

1. The Animated (Dysney) version of Spider-Man IS joining the Avengers right?.....(i read that the 3rd season of Ultimate will start with Peter joining the Avebngers....i hate the sho,so i dont know what is happening)
    2. Goofy as C3PO?!.....clever.
    _Nexus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_nexus_ said:

I personally believe they'll find a way to push Spider-Man with the Avengers......i mean,we have SOOOOO MUCH easter eggs,you can say it's already done....the cooperation between the companies exist,in other aspects,like SONY putting out a DVD with an Iron Man animated film........but the latest big hit was the Oscorp logo in the mobile Iron Man 3 game.....that was massive.....

What the hell,go read the thread i opened some months ago.....we have gathered all the easter eggs there. Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe

1. The Animated (Dysney) version of Spider-Man IS joining the Avengers right?.....(i read that the 3rd season of Ultimate will start with Peter joining the Avebngers....i hate the sho,so i dont know what is happening)
    2. Goofy as C3PO?!.....clever.

I think Disney is buying their time with Marvel and Spider-man I think they are waiting for Universal rights to have the characters at their park to run out and then BLAM! Captain American and Spider-Man taking pictures with kids outside of Cinderella Castle. I think they are smart enough to get their ducks in a row before they start going all out.

Also yeah the C3PO Goofy was clever but the Donald Duck Boba Fett looked pretty cool.

Anyway back onto topic..So how is SpOck has he killed himself yet because he is a pathetic excuse to the Spider-man name and Peter Parker's life.

_Nexus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4165  Edited By _Nexus_

@punyparker:

Sorry but this whole story is stupid, whoever pitched this as a good idea should have been fired on spot, "Hey guys let's put Dr. Ock in Peter's body and have him systemically ruin his life and every relationship while at the same time having him go around saying he is superior while dealing with all Peter's greatest moments of 50 year in one." Yeah great move brilliant idea expect for the fact it's been one disappointment after another.

And let Dan Slott open his mouth to me, he wants to throw out bull crap theories and excuses whenever money is involved but when people become increasingly frustrated and just want to know some answers. Maybe if he stopped living vicariously through SpOck he could write a good Spider-man story.

superior_slot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like how everyone has to speak for some unidentified mass of people backing them up. Admittedly, the fan base is pretty split in regards to SpOck, so I can sort of understand the sentiment. What I can't understand is the sheer fury put into it.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I still don't think Peter is coming back yet as Spider-Man.

_Nexus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like how everyone has to speak for some unidentified mass of people backing them up. Admittedly, the fan base is pretty split in regards to SpOck, so I can sort of understand the sentiment. What I can't understand is the sheer fury put into it.

okay for once I will agree here i may have went a overboard but I stick behind what I said and I was not speaking for some mass of people I am speaking for myself and what I see come from the story. Truth be told there is nothing wrong with the premise (as gimmicky as it is) but to me the way it's been handled is what kills me about the story.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#4169  Edited By Teerack

You are not prepared.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_nexus_ said:

@punyparker:

Sorry but this whole story is stupid, whoever pitched this as a good idea should have been fired on spot, "Hey guys let's put Dr. Ock in Peter's body and have him systemically ruin his life and every relationship while at the same time having him go around saying he is superior while dealing with all Peter's greatest moments of 50 year in one." Yeah great move brilliant idea expect for the fact it's been one disappointment after another.

And let Dan Slott open his mouth to me, he wants to throw out bull crap theories and excuses whenever money is involved but when people become increasingly frustrated and just want to know some answers. Maybe if he stopped living vicariously through SpOck he could write a good Spider-man story.

Spider-Man 3 made 900 million.......whoever says anything about money is just avoiding the real answer.

camstevens80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From Bleeding Cool:

On Tumblr, Brian Bendis is asked by Nicho Torres;

i know you have a lot on your plate but any chance you will have a new marvel book any time soon?

And he replies;

Well, now that ultimate comics: Spiderman is done I might have to find something else to fill that space in my life :-(

but I have a lot of creator owned work to focus on including Powers, brilliant, Scarlet, and the upcoming United States of murder Inc.

Is Brian Bendis just messing with his readers? After all, Ultimate Comics Spider-Man ceased and became part of the Ultimate Universe Cataclysm “event”, and there no signs of any Ultimate comic solicited in March, save for a rather classified Survive #1. But Bendis has indicated in the past that the books will continue… indeed thatUltimate Spider-Man will make it to #200.

Is Brian Bendis just emphasising the fact that Ultimate Comics Spider-Man stopped with theCataclysm crossover, consistent with an Ultimate Comics Spider-Man relaunch in April.

But come to think of it, didn’t Bleeding Cool run rumours of the cancellation of Superior Spider-Manin March and a relaunch of that book in April, by Dan Slott and Humberto Ramos.

With Survive #1 coming out in March, and an emphasis on crossing over between the Ultimate and the 616 realities, could this be the first semi-offcial inkling that the new Marvel Universe Spider-Man, as some suspect, instead of being Doc Ock in Peter’s boy, instead be Miles Morales? And we’ll be getting a new issue 1 in April?

Either way, there’s going to be a lot of fuss about Spider-Man. Oh look, a film is coming out.

Whatever it is, something’s up. Let’s look forward to finding out.

When asked Marvel representatives did the equivalent of putting their hands behind their back, looking left and whistling.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

From Bleeding Cool:

i know you have a lot on your plate but any chance you will have a new marvel book any time soon?

And he replies;

Well, now that ultimate comics: Spiderman is done I might have to find something else to fill that space in my life :-(

but I have a lot of creator owned work to focus on including Powers, brilliant, Scarlet, and the upcoming United States of murder Inc.

Is Brian Bendis just messing with his readers? After all, Ultimate Comics Spider-Man ceased and became part of the Ultimate Universe Cataclysm “event”, and there no signs of any Ultimate comic solicited in March, save for a rather classified Survive #1. But Bendis has indicated in the past that the books will continue… indeed thatUltimate Spider-Man will make it to #200.

Is Brian Bendis just emphasising the fact that Ultimate Comics Spider-Man stopped with theCataclysm crossover, consistent with an Ultimate Comics Spider-Man relaunch in April.

But come to think of it, didn’t Bleeding Cool run rumours of the cancellation of Superior Spider-Manin March and a relaunch of that book in April, by Dan Slott and Humberto Ramos.

With Survive #1 coming out in March, and an emphasis on crossing over between the Ultimate and the 616 realities, could this be the first semi-offcial inkling that the new Marvel Universe Spider-Man, as some suspect, instead of being Doc Ock in Peter’s boy, instead be Miles Morales? And we’ll be getting a new issue 1 in April?

Either way, there’s going to be a lot of fuss about Spider-Man. Oh look, a film is coming out.

When asked Marvel representatives did the equivalent of putting their hands behind their back, looking left and whistling.

What I'll say is that I do truly believe that Peter will be back with the release of ASM2. If not, well, I won't call for a boycott or anything, I won't scream and yell. I'll simply wish Marvel the best, and go further into indie comics. I don't hate change or anything of the sort. I have just grown up reading Peter Parker as Spider-Man. That is the one true Spidey to my mind, and truth be told, I simply have no desire to see him fully replaced. I only came back to reading Superior, because as we have seen, Pete is still in there somewhere. Not to mention, there are things happening that are supposed to affect the whole Spider-Man storyline for years to come, and I just don't see those having that much of an impact on Miles.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From Bleeding Cool:

And he replies;

Listen to me.......all this is great,but understand al of you one thing.
    Peter Parker is Spider-Man......yeah,maybe Miles will end up in the 616,after all,and he'll get his own book.....but the "main" book will be Peter Parker as Spider-Man.....The End.
    After all,we have enough "Spider-Man" like characters running around the 616 universe.....why not add another one?!......;)

As for Bendis,yeah he's messing with people,he's done it before....he likes doing it.
    He stated that the book isnt ending,that it will reach 200 and a big thing will happen there, yadda yadda yadda.....

Chill.

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4174  Edited By angelalfonso

I don’t think I would like Miles on the main universe, if the ultimate universe has to go he should go with it… or maybe Marvel will reboot the ultimate universe.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

uhg I don't want more Spider-Man characters in the same universe........

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Preview: Superior Spider-Man #26 (Unlettered)

The stage is set for the biggest Superior Spider-Man story of them all! And it starts right here in the Earth-shattering SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #26, from blockbuster creators Dan Slott, Humberto Ramos, Javier Rodriguez, and Marcos Martin! Nobody has pushed Peter Parker harder than the Green Goblin. But as Spider-Man’s greatest nemesis returns, will Otto Octavius be able to withstand the onslaught? Moving in the shadows, the Goblin and his army have prepared for war right under his very nose! And the first battle is upon them as the Green Goblin goes glider-to-glider with the original Hobgoblin! And only one of them is walking away…

Questions will be answered this January as the opening shot of Goblin Nation is fired in SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #26. Trust us, you won’t want to miss this one!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/Superior-Spider-Man-26-Cover-0ac5e.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/Superior-Spider-Man-26-Preview-1-42cc1.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/Superior-Spider-Man-26-Preview-2-01f1d.jpg

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First Look: SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #26 - "Goblin Nation" Begins

The stage is set for the biggest Superior Spider-Man story of them all! And it starts right here in the Earth-shattering SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #26, from blockbuster creators Dan Slott, Humberto Ramos, Javier Rodriguez, and Marcos Martin! Nobody has pushed Peter Parker harder than the Green Goblin. But as Spider-Man’s greatest nemesis returns, will Otto Octavius be able to withstand the onslaught? Moving in the shadows, the Goblin and his army have prepared for war right under his very nose! And the first battle is upon them as the Green Goblin goes glider-to-glider with the original Hobgoblin! And only one of them is walking away…

Questions will be answered this January as the opening shot of Goblin Nation is fired in SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #26. Trust us, you won’t want to miss this one!

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #26 (NOV130662)

Written by DAN SLOTT

Art by HUMBERTO RAMOS,

JAVIER RODRIGUEZ & MARCOS MARTIN

Cover by RYAN STEGMAN

FOC 01/06/14, ON-SALE 1/29/14

Yay,Marcos Martin!!

camstevens80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4178  Edited By camstevens80

I have come to really really really think that Peter's not coming back at the end of Goblin Nation. I don't know if Spock will still be in control but I really think that they will milk Pete being gone for longer. Just my thought. And, I'm cool with it either way.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From Bleeding Cool

Spider-Man… Isn’t That Superior On Live Television

The place, Times Square. The show, Good Morning America. The plan, for Spider-Man to arrive and the newscaster to faint, to be caught in his powerful arms.

Loading Video...

That’s if Spider-Man actually remembers. Is that Doctor Octopus inside that suit?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From Bleeding Cool

Spider-Man… Isn’t That Superior On Live Television

The place, Times Square. The show, Good Morning America. The plan, for Spider-Man to arrive and the newscaster to faint, to be caught in his powerful arms.

Loading Video...

That’s if Spider-Man actually remembers. Is that Doctor Octopus inside that suit?

post #1093

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4182  Edited By angelalfonso

Could be that the avengers finally realize that what Ock was given them were not vitamins but stupid pills.

edit: birth control pills for the ladies

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@angelalfonso: I wouldn't count on it. Perhaps, after the battle they'll want to interrogate him. Then Otto decides to "escape". And the downfall begins...just saying...

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4184  Edited By PunyParker

Could be that the avengers finally realize that what Ock was given them were not vitamins but stupid pills.

Nah......it's just that there's a GIAN ARMY WAR in the docks ,so they went to check it out......i dont thing it's something controversial.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah....it's just that there's a GIAN ARMY WAR in the docks,and they got there to check what's happening.....Hickman's Avengers are a lot more dumb than the Bendis ones.....

Also,it's me,or Martin is significantly better than the last time we saw his draw a Spider-Man book?.....

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From Bleeding Cool

So… What’s In Superior Spider-Man Annual #2?

We ran rumours that the final issue of Superior Spider-Man may be the solicited issue 30 for March part four of the five part Goblin Nation, but that there wouldn’t be a #31.

And with something potentially coming up with Ultimate Spider-Man in March April, it was certainly tempting to conflate the two in a speculatory hodge podge.

Well, the Amazon listing for the upcoming Goblin Nation collection seems to suggest that, yes Virginia, there is a Superior Spider-Man #31.

Unless of course, that’s also a diversion.

It also seems to collect a Superior Spider-Man Annual #2. Which is odd, because there’s an Annual #1 being published in January, and to be collected in the previous collection, The Superior Venom.

Could we be getting that Annual in April as well?

But with Amazing Spider-Man 2 movie out in April, something is clearly up.

Let’s find out what!

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angelalfonso said:

Nah....it's just that there's a GIAN ARMY WAR in the docks,and they got there to check what's happening.....Hickman's Avengers are a lot more dumb than the Bendis ones.....

Also,it's me,or Martin is significantly better than the last time we saw his draw a Spider-Man book?.....

To be fair it's not Hickman who's writing about the Avengers when it's concerning Spider-Man.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

@punyparker said:

@angelalfonso said:

To be fair it's not Hickman who's writing about the Avengers when it's concerning Spider-Man.

Hickman writes the main title right?....

From Bleeding Cool

So… What’s In Superior Spider-Man Annual #2?

We ran rumours that the final issue of Superior Spider-Man may be the solicited issue 30 for March part four of the five part Goblin Nation, but that there wouldn’t be a #31.

And with something potentially coming up with Ultimate Spider-Man in March April, it was certainly tempting to conflate the two in a speculatory hodge podge.

Well, the Amazon listing for the upcoming Goblin Nation collection seems to suggest that, yes Virginia, there is a Superior Spider-Man #31.

Unless of course, that’s also a diversion.

It also seems to collect a Superior Spider-Man Annual #2. Which is odd, because there’s an Annual #1 being published in January,and to be collected in the previous collection, The Superior Venom.

Let’s find out what!

Uuuuuum.......am i missing something?.....i read an annual #1 like a month ago.......was it Annual #0?.... (sarcasm)

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Hickman writes the main title right?....

Yes but he barely had anything about Spider-Man in it. When he did he treated it as a second thought and doesn't get into anything deeper of the Superior story. He's mostly just concentrating on his own work and might not have even read Superior.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

Yes but he barely had anything about Spider-Man in it. When he did he treated it as a second thought and doesn't get into anything deeper of the Superior story. He's mostly just concentrating on his own work and might not have even read Superior.

The thing is that Bendis insisted on putting Spider-Man in the Avengers when the rest of the people didn't want it,back in 2005........so maybe with Bendis out of the game,they decided quickly to kick Spider-Man out.....

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

The thing is that Bendis insisted on putting Spider-Man in the Avengers when the rest of the people didn't want it,back in 2005........so maybe with Bendis out of the game,they decided quickly to kick Spider-Man out.....

I think that's what Hickman did with both Spider-Man and Wolverine in the last issue. Cap took them of the chart thing he had. Said something about Spider-Man acting strange and Wolverine being stretched to thin. I get the impression Hickman is one who doesn't like to deal with other peoples work. Like when characters such as Wolverine or Spider-Man who have major things going on that could affect his story he either ignores, changes, or gets rid of it.

ugh the board is bugging. I get a notice that you responded but your post doesn't show up until like 10 minutes later.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4192  Edited By animehunter

From Bleeding Cool

Basically the same thing as before with a tiny bit extra

So… Are We Getting A Superior Spider-Man #31 After All?

Unless of course, that’s also a diversion. Hmm. Probably not.

It also seems to collect a Superior Spider-Man Annual #2. Which is odd, because there’s an Annual #1 being published in January, and to be collected in the previous collection, The Superior Venom.

Nah, mixing my Annuals up. As usual. Thanks Tom.

Let’s find out what!

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4193  Edited By dernman

I don't think this has anything to do with Spider-Man but this would be perfect for a Spider-Man tease.

Think about it....

A missing puzzle piece over a wedding invitation representing Peter's marriage that was erased.

Maybe the blood representing when Peter died or Aunt May because the deal to save her being broken when the marriage was exposed.

No idea about the old style marvel drawing with current characters though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e870e328354a
    deactivated-5e870e328354a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh, so damn confused with the possibility of both Superior and Ultimate ending around the same time and possibly merging. What the heck is gonna happen?

DanSlott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4195  Edited By DanSlott

@dernman said:

I don't think this has anything to do with Spider-Man but this would be perfect for a Spider-Man tease.

Think about it....

A missing puzzle piece over a wedding invitation representing Peter's marriage that was erased.

Maybe the blood representing when Peter died or Aunt May because the deal to save her being broken when the marriage was exposed.

Yes. Because Odin, Groot, and Red Raven are the kind of guys you'd see at Spider-Man's wedding.

Forget Aunt May or Robbie Robertson.

Nope. They'd steal focus from D-Man and Adam, The Blue Marvel.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@animehunter: It can't be a diversion (amazon). Marvel could lie, Amazon simply cannot lie! Superior carries on (at least till June).

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4198  Edited By dernman

@danslott: No need to get snarky with me. I wasn't trashing you, your writing or saying how I wanted SpOck gone.

Also I wasn't thinking those characters as wedding guests. I was thinking more along the line Marvel history (the art style) with random characters from the present on top of the puzzle piece representing the change in his history and it's impact on Marvel.

Like I said I don't believe it actually has anything to do with Spider-Man. It was just something that crossed my mind. This was before I found out there were other pieces sent to other sites. Was it a stretch? yes but I was just discussing a thought not trying to prove anything. .:/

DanSlott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_nexus_ said:

Sorry but this whole story is stupid, whoever pitched this as a good idea should have been fired on spot...

Actually? The exact opposite.

After ASM #700 was the highest selling comic of 2012, they gave me a raise.

On the day SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #1 went back to press for a 4th printing (the only Marvel NOW book to do that so far), the Editor In Chief took me into his office and told me I could stay as Marvel's writer for Spider-Man for as long as I want.

And in 2013, SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN placed in the Top Ten a total of 17 times (so far-- this is still before the December rankings have been released). That makes it the book that's had more spots in the Top 10 this year than any other title in the industry. :-)

Yeah... The guy who pitched that idea should have been "fired on the spot." :-P

@_nexus_ said:

And let Dan Slott open his mouth to me, he wants to throw out bull crap theories and excuses whenever money is involved but when people become increasingly frustrated...

Hi. :-D

Well, if you want to talk about things other than sales...

Here's a lot of "frustrated" sites and people that have put SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN on their year end Best of 2013 lists:

http://www.craveonline.com/comics/lists/618375-the-ten-best-superhero-comics-of-2013-2/10

http://www.thekliqnation.com/2013/12/top-5-marvel-now-comics/

http://godhatesgeeks.com/top-10-dcmarvel-comics-of-2013-face-off-the-color-purple/

http://whatculture.com/comics/50-best-comics-2013.php/12

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mccarricksean/the-greatest-comics-of-the-year-fjmu

http://www.comicsblend.com/best-of-2013-biggest-risk/

http://www.thenovelsound.com/best-comics-of-2013/

http://comicsalliance.com/best-comic-books-of-2013-part-3/

http://www.salon.com/2013/12/28/the_10_best_superhero_comics_of_2013/

My fave is the blind poll from the readers of Newsarama who named it the best Marvel title of 2013...

http://www.newsarama.com/19838-10-best-current-marvel-comics-title-according-to-you-our-readers.html

...I liked that one, because once it came out, tons of readers flooded my twitter feed about how much they like the book-- and how much they'd been holding back from saying it.

It was like the second that blind poll went up, readers realized they weren't alone, like they didn't have to keep their enjoyment of the book a dirty little secret. :-P

I think that was something they were frustrated about. ;-)

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

@punyparker said:

@dernman said:

I think that's what Hickman did with both Spider-Man and Wolverine in the last issue. Cap took them of the chart thing he had. Said something about Spider-Man acting strange and Wolverine being stretched to thin. I get the impression Hickman is one who doesn't like to deal with other peoples work. Like when characters such as Wolverine or Spider-Man who have major things going on that could affect his story he either ignores, changes, or gets rid of it.

ugh the board is bugging. I get a notice that you responded but your post doesn't show up until like 10 minutes later.

Well,both Wolverine and SpOck are on the Avengers,but Hickman is not writing them right?.....he writes only the movie ones.....

And we all do,dude...(bout the bug)

Someone make a thread in the bug report forum!

@dernman said:

Think about it....

Wait,this is real?........
    And i tried to spot Spider-Man....nothing.

Groot,Odin,old school Daredevil,Cyclops,Wanda,Iron Fist etc......i think this is not the wedding dude......Pete doesn't know those people!! :P

@danslott said:

Hi. :-D

Well, if you want to talk about things other than sales...

Here's a lot of "frustrated" sites and people that have put SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN on their year end Best of 2013 lists:

http://www.craveonline.com/comics/lists/618375-the-ten-best-superhero-comics-of-2013-2/10

http://www.thekliqnation.com/2013/12/top-5-marvel-now-comics/

http://godhatesgeeks.com/top-10-dcmarvel-comics-of-2013-face-off-the-color-purple/

http://whatculture.com/comics/50-best-comics-2013.php/12

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mccarricksean/the-greatest-comics-of-the-year-fjmu

http://www.comicsblend.com/best-of-2013-biggest-risk/

http://www.thenovelsound.com/best-comics-of-2013/

http://comicsalliance.com/best-comic-books-of-2013-part-3/

http://www.salon.com/2013/12/28/the_10_best_superhero_comics_of_2013/

My fave is the blind poll from the readers of Newsarama who named it the best Marvel title of 2013...

http://www.newsarama.com/19838-10-best-current-marvel-comics-title-according-to-you-our-readers.html

...I liked that one, because once it came out, tons of readers flooded my twitter feed about how much they like the book-- and how much they'd been holding back from saying it.

It was like the second that blind poll went up, readers realized they weren't alone, like they didn't have to keep their enjoyment of the book a dirty little secret. :-P

I think that was something they were frustrated about. ;-)

You don't seem to understand what some people are trying to say to you.

The story is interesting,well-written AND well advertised.....a killing combination.
    People never said that the story is bad.

But they say that despite the natural interest in the story,this doesn't mean that they like Ock more than Peter......and you constantly seem to not getting it.
    Whatever happens,however the story unfolds,Peter will always be welcomed back with a wide smile,and joy from everyone.Because people like Peter Parker first,and then Spider-Man.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.