Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spider-Man Comics Discussion

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

@8008s said:

@ninjablade09: I remember a timeline "study" from http://spideykicksbutt.com/ that set him at 29/30, so it's not too far off anway.

Spidey also died during that Infinity Gauntlet tie-in didn't he? He dived into Freon to save two people, talked with Thanos in the afterlife, and came back.

I don't really count that as almost every Marvel Hero died, and some in the most ridiculous way possible.

And interesting, I always considered Peter to be in his mid-30's. I guess it makes sense, it always seems like Gwen's been dead for 5 years.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

I like...

No Caption Provided

Can't wait to pick this up.

AMAZING!!
    Favorite ASM#1 cover.

This is splendid,man....wow.

@punyparker said:
    @ninjablade09 said:

Doc Ock has died twice as well.

Thrise,now,if you count the "Superior" death......(SSM#31)

I was. He was killed by Kaine and then died in Superior. Whats the third time?

In SSM#31,where he "sacrificed" himself.

@punyparker said:

I guess he is the biggest Batman fan in the world,too,and liked when Bruce died in the 90s and was replaced by a murdering,brutal assassin,and went straight to killing people.....that was effective and "better" too,right?...

Bruce didn't die though...

Oh,well,stepped down.

HELLLLLLO PARTY HARDY!!!!!!!!

And HELLLO 60s Slott dialog writing.......

BTW,Love the art......bravo Humberto....Decent faces,excellent Spidey mask,Felicia's posture,the cleavage of this ring-a-ding gal,everything is great! ( :P )

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjablade09 said:

@punyparker said:
    @ninjablade09 said:

That's what I'm referring to with Superior. That's twice.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker said:

@ninjablade09 said:

@punyparker said:
    @ninjablade09 said:

His "body" died.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjablade09 said:

@punyparker said:

@ninjablade09 said:

@punyparker said:
    @ninjablade09 said:

His "body" died.

Yeah, but that's not him, technically speaking.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6406  Edited By PunyParker

Yeah, but that's not him, technically speaking.

Depends on how you see it.
    Oh well.

Webhead_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@ninjablade09: Once again, who or what exactly died in Ock's body if Peter "switched back" while SpOck himself didn't, is a very good question. Get DeMatteis to write a one-shot about this concerning their minds and souls as someone in another forum suggested.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@8008s said:

@ninjablade09: Once again, who or what exactly died in Ock's body if Peter "switched back" while SpOck himself didn't, is a very good question. Get DeMatteis to write a one-shot about this concerning their minds and souls as someone in another forum suggested.

That is actually a great idea.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Worried about this dialogue. The cheesiness levels are almost to high. Didn't like Superior 31 and I was hoping this would change my mind.

averywetfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6411  Edited By averywetfrog

@8008s: I'd be on board with that.

@papinacho: cheesy dialogue in asm is what I live for.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6412  Edited By animehunter

@bezza said:

@animehunter:

Nice scans, only a couple more weeks to go?

They're previews (#6389) and it's out next week April 30th

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The thread got pinned!!!

That's makin' us ,officially, legit!! :)

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter:

Yep, let the count down begin! Next week is gonna be epic, Amazing Spiderman #1, with the return of Peter Parker and also special for me as a mega fan of the Flash, the flash annual with the return of Wally West!

Two of my favourite heroes returning in one week! I might burst with excitement!

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: I'm not a DC fan, but now that you mention the flash, how is that dc turn Wally West, a redhead, in to a black person?

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FIRST LOOK: Amazing Spider-man #2 - OUT May 2014

DAN SLOTT (W) • HUMBERTO RAMOS (A/C)

Variant cover by Mike Deodato

• Electro’s power is out of control! And only one person can fix it...
    • ...the Superior Spider-Man!
    • Wait. This book’s the AMAZING Spider-Man now.
    • So we’re probably out of luck.
    • Plus: That thing that freaked you out last issue? There’s more on that. The return of you-know-who? There’s MUCH more on that. Action! Drama! Surprises! There’s MORE OF EVERYTHING!

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/128/315/original/amazingspider-man2.jpg

---

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/128/314/original/Amazing-Spider-Man2var.jpg

---

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/128/316/original/ASM2014002006_col.jpg

---

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/128/317/original/ASM2014002014_col.jpg

---

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/128/318/original/ASM2014002019_col.jpg

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why the freaking hell,are they re-using covers?.....this is like 2 years old!!!

Like Campbell's Felicia in SSM 30 or 29,i dont remember.....

1st page : Ugly.
    2nd page : Stunning.
    3rd page : Above avegare Ramos.

Overall,i dig Ramos' Amazing Spider-Man.......i have to admit,the dude works hard,and delivers.It's really admiring.

Why Johnny has long hair?......He's like the stylish "mohican" dude....
    I thought it was Flash,at the start....then i saw the F4 usb.

but now that you mention the flash, how is that dc turn Wally West, a redhead, in to a black person?

What the what?!!!!!

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6418  Edited By Bezza

@angelalfonso:

Yeah I was wondering that too! I am not bothered if people are black or white, but don't really "get" why writers have to change a much loved and well known character into something different. I mean they wouldn't change John Stewart into a white hsipanic guy would they. Having said that, Marvel turned Nick Fury from a white guy into Samuel L Jackson some time around 15 years ago.....

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
    AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

who is the guy pete is talking to... could it be flash?

No Caption Provided

rajabuta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
    AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajabuta said:

@amazingspiderman15 said:

No Caption Provided

johnny storm?

could be, the guy does look a lot like Flash though...

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajabuta said:

No Caption Provided

johnny storm?

Nobody reads my posts...... *sigh*

I said i thought it was Flash,but he gives Peter the Fantastic Four USB,and it's Peter's and Johnny's "spot".....the Statue of Liberty.

So it's Johnny.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brought it in here cause it was off-topic.

@ninjablade09 said:

Because that would be a one year difference? lol Do you mean 2199? That would make more sense.

Νο,i meant progression.....to move one with the yrs.

Oh, well still his roots are 2099. Then again by that time people wont care about our generation of comics

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6424  Edited By animehunter

From CBR

C2E2 LIVE: "Superior," "Amazing," and the "Family Business" of Spider-Man

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/Amazing-Spider-Man-1-3-Cover-Ross-b4f77.jpg.

Amazing Spider-Man 1.3 Cover Ross

Spider-Man, it's true, has been through quite a lot lately. But with the end of Doc Ock's residency as the Superior Spider-Man, things may finally be looking up for Peter Parker. But of course, with his famous luck, that's unlikely to hold. As Marvel prepares to launch a new volume of "Amazing Spider-Man" next week, "Amazing Spider-Man: Who am I?" writer Joshua Hale Fialkov, "Spider-Man: Family Business" co-writers Mark Waid and James Robinson, "Amazing Spider-Man" artist Ramón Pérez, editor Jordan White, and editor Nick Lowe greet fans at C2E2 for a lively discussion and perhaps a few announcements. Stay tuned to this page throughout the hour for live updates.

The panel began with White playing the Spider-Man theme song on a ukelele. One fan who sang along was called on stage to read an early copy of the 96-page "Amazing Spider-Man" #1.

"Who here is really angry that we're coming out with 'Amazing Spider-Man' #1 and not keeping 'Superior Spider-Man?'" Lowe asked, to some applause -- though of course most enjoyed both. Black Cat and Electro will be the villains fo the first five issues, Lowe said. Having her identity revealed "did not make Felicia Hardy very happy," the editor said.

Issues #4 and #5 will tie into "Original Sin," Lowe said, revealing that "someone else was bit by the radioactive spider that bit Peter Parker," Lowe said. Readers will discover where Silk, the new character, has been throughout Spider-Man's career.

Low also showed a slide revealing Silk's look for the first time.

"It takes place between 'Amazing Spider-Man' #15 and 'Amazing Spider-Man' #1-5," Perez said of the first Spidey arc, "Learning to Crawl." It will examined skimmed-over aspects like Peter's social life and Uncle Ben's funeral. It will also introduce a villain called Clash, who has also been conspicuously absent throughout Spider-Man's life.

"Clash's powers are sound-related, and it's really interesting to see how they are visualized in this series," Lowe said.

Speaking about the "Who am I?" Infinite Comic, Fialkov said that the story begins with Spider-Man "not knowing who he is, where he is, or why he's robbing a bank." He comes to "in the middle of a bank robbery," but without the memory of "Uncle Ben's lessons about great power and great responsibility."

Waid talked about how the Infinite format played well with the artists on his Thrillbent digital platform. "We're the quarantine for Marvel Infinite -- because they get it." The first four issues of "Who am I?" arrive May 6.

Much applause for "Spider-Man 2099," written by Peter David with art by Will Sliney. "Spider-Man 2099 is stuck in the present," Lowe said, noting that he can't return to his own time but finds himself getting caught up in the machinations at Alchemex.

Lowe showed pages of Spidey 2099 "beating up muggers who are hipsters -- look out for roving bands of hipsters!"

Next up was a slide for "Spider-Man: Family Business" by James Robinson, Mark Waid, Gabrielle del'Otto, and Werther del'Andere. Waid described it as "telling a big story in a big way" and "an all day reading experience." The story came from a scene Waid envisioned in which "Peter gets into a situation, and someone basically tells him 'take my hand if you want to live,' and that person identifies herself as his sister." Waid said that "some of it was really in my wheelhouse," and for the rest he turned to James Robinson to help him craft the story.

This is Robinson's first work with Spider-Man, but was also timely: "When Mark started out, Mark didn't know this but I had literally quit DC Comics that day, and was thinking, what am I going to do?"

"This is your karmic reward for quitting DC," Waid said.

Robinson described "feeling like a kid again" when he wrote his first scenes of webslinging and split Peter/Spider-face.

Lowe also praised del'Otto's art, and Waid reminded fans that the book was just announced as a number one New York Times bestseller. "Take that, Stephen King!"

Waid and Peter Krause's "Daredevil: Road Warrior" digital comic will be released in print in the 48-page "Daredevil" #0.1 in July. "It's a beautiful looking book," Waid said.

"You'll notice in the credits it doesn't say Mark Waid, Writer, Chris Samnee, Artist -- it says Mark Waid and Chris Samnee storytellers," Waid said, explaining it really is a shared effort.

On Matt Murdock's move from NYC to San Francisco, "he relies on the New York City geography to know where he is," Waid said. "The sound of the cable cars alone make swinging from building to building difficult."

Waid also said the Owl will be the major adversary in the first arc, with "powers beyond anything you've seen the Owl possess before."

Issue #5 will be the "Strange Death of Foggy Nelson." "If you've read the first issue, you know Foggy Nelson is not dead... but everyone refers to him as if he is. Isn't that strange?" Waid said.

"Daredevil" #6 features guest artist Javier Rodriguez, in which readers will learn more about his mother -- "and it drops the whole world out from under his feet," Waid said. "And that's just in the first few pages." He has to find Maggie, but when he does, "it's a shame he finds her in prison, about to be extradited to another country."

Next up was the main event, "Spider-verse," the summer event beginning on Free Comic Book Day before continuing in November. The series involves "every Spider-Man ever... or at least every Spider-Man we're legally allowed to use," Lowe said. Preview slides showed Spider-Man 1602 and the villain Morlun.

Lowe then opened the floor to fan questions.

Asked about their favorite alternate Spider-Man, Lowe gave the '90s animated Spidey, Robinson and White said Ben Reilly, Peter Porker for Fialkov, the Electric Company for White, and Waid answered Miles Morales.

A fan in a Spider-Man costume suggested a group photo op for Spidey cosplayers to tie in with Spider-verse. Lowe liked the idea, and said it could be arranged after the panel.

Waid said that there is no pressure to make "Daredevil" like the upcoming Netflix TV show. "That's not how things work at Marvel," he said. "The tail does not wag the dog."

Asked about singing more theme songs as he did for "Nextwave," Lowe said that he "sings all the time in my personal life." Waid added that "he sings to me sometimes on the phone," with Fialkov saying "it takes the edge off notes."

One fan asked how Spider-Man 2099 would be addressed by other characters. Lowe joked that he refers to himself as "Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man 2099." Other suggestions were "Spider-Dude, Spider-Mensch," with a fan then shouting "Spider-Bro."

"Spider-Verse" will "not stop 'Spider-Men 2' from happening," Lowe said, referring to a sequel to the meeting between Peter Parker and Ultimate Spider-Man Miles Morales.

"Ultimate FF" #4 will feature "our new Ultimate Spider-character," Fialkov said.

Asked about the "Superior" love interest, Lowe said, "we are nowhere near seeing the end of Anna Maria."

"Spider-Man: Family Business" is in continuity, Lowe and Waid confirmed. "I would be shocked if we didn't see more of that," whether in an OGN sequel or follow up in the regular series.

"There is a lot of Kaine love coming up in 'Spider-verse,'" Lowe said, also reminding fans that they should follow the character in "New Warriors." "He has some very particular attributes ... that make him a good guy to have around when Morlun attacks."

A fan asked each panelist for one word explaining what Spider-Man meant to them. Waid led with "Responsibility," with everyone else concurring. Lowe also offered "swingin'," but Fialkov noted that "mostly he only had one girlfriend at a time."

The next question was whether Peter would incorporate any of Otto's inventions. "He has to face that in many ways Doc Ock was a better Spider-Man than he was," Lowe said, except, of course, for possibly being a little "overbearing... and evil."

Lowe said that "there aren't really going to be symbiotes" in "Spider-verse," in response to a question about Spider-Carnage.

The fan also asked about spinoff characters such as Spider-Dog, as Deadpool did during his series. "I would love to write Spider-Dog," Robinson said. "I will fight James Robinson to write Spider-Dog," Fialkov added.

"Guardians of the Galaxy" will "dig deeply into Flash Thompson's history," Lowe said, but "Flash Venom" as he is known in the Marvel office will not be appearing in "Amazing" any time soon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From Bleeding Cool

The Black Cat A Bad Gal Again And Will Silk Get Her Own Series? – C2E2 (UPDATE – The Look Of Silk And Clash)

UPDATE: The Look Of Silk….

os

And back with the panel.

spider-erse

From the Spider-Verse panel at C2E2 comes the news that, post Superior Spider-Man and the way Spidey treated Felicia Hardy, that the Black Cat is back to being a bad gal again, in the Amazing Spider-Man, with Spidey facing off against her and Electro, as well as introducing Silk, as we mentioned (and showed) earlier – who is going to be a recurring character in the series.

BmKkbbICMAEWJ7V

And while they aren’t saying it in the panel yet, odds are she’ll be the female character getting a new ongoings series out of Original Sin and Spider-Verse. Remember this?

Dark secrets from our hero’s past will emerge – profound and life-changing secrets that sometimes go back to their very origins – and one of those secrets is a new character whose very existence will turn the life of a Marvel mainstay upside down and tee up a new ongoing series.

Amazing Spider-Man #1.1-1.5 set in the character’s earliest days will show us events such as Uncle Ben’s funeral, Spider-Man’s first teenage foe Clash, and more. Here’s the look of Clash…

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From Newsarama

James Robinson, Joshua Hale Fialkov, Nick Lowe, Ramon Perez, Mark Waid, and Jordan D. White took the stage at C2E2 Saturday afternoon for the Spider-Verse panel, covering the Spider-Man family of comics that includes Fantastic Four and Daredevil under their current organization. A nearly full crowd came into the room as White, an editor and amateur musician, strummed on his ukulele into his microphone on the dais.

After Nick Lowe thanked fans for coming, White started strumming and singing the classic Spider-Man theme song, encouraging fans to sing and clap along. Thunderous applause followed while White pantomimed slamming his Uke onto the table. A fan that sang along was invited up to read Amazing Spider-Man #1 a week before its release.

The Amazing Spider-Man #1 was first in the slideshow, with much applause. Lowe praised Superior Spider-Man as a really special story, and says ASM #1 picks up directly after Superior #31, calling it "the start of something big." Black Cat and Electro are the main villains for the first five issues - Felicia Hardy is "not very happy" that her identity was revealed by Superior.

The second page of the book shows the spider that bit Peter Parker biting another person - a woman- on the foot before falling over and dying, introducing Silk "a major major spider-character in the book for a long time to come." There are backup stories, including a Black Cat story, a "Learning to Crawl" tease, and an Electro story.

Amazing Spider-Man #1.1-1.5 are stories that fit between the pages of Amazing Fantasy #15 and the original 1-5 of Spider-Man's first solo series. "We'll see things you've never seen like Uncle Ben's funeral. You'll meet Clash (shown in the cover to 1.3 here), a villain from his earliest days," Lowe said, "and you'll see him show up in the present day later." Perez is joined by colorist Ian Herring for the series, with covers by Alex Ross.

The digital-first Amazing Spider-Man: Who Am I? Infinite Comic was featured next. Writer Joshua Hale Fialkov said "it's a story that starts very simply. Spider-Man doesn't know who he is, where he is, and has no idea why he's robbing a bank.

"So if you woke up, wearing a costume, holding a gun in your hand and working over a bank with a bunch of thugs, what would you do?" All Peter knows at that moment is that "he's a guy in a leotard with superpowers."

Mark Waid's Thrillbent site is the "farm team for Infinite Comics," the writer joked, because artists from there are working on Marvel's digital comics now. He said that digital should be looked at like a different format.

Fialkov also confirmed that Iron Man guest stars in the series. The first four issues will be released all at once.

Peter David and Will Sliney launch Spider-Man 2099 in July, with the character stuck in the present-day Marvel Universe. Co-creator Rick Leonardi has drawn a new variant cover for the first issue. "This is a book that Dan Slott is really excited about, and he and Peter David will work very closely together. This is a sister-book to Amazing Spider-Man." There's also a backup story written by David, drawn by Sliney, in ASM #1 that leads into the series and features 2099 fighting hipsters.

Amazing Spider-Man: Family Business, written by James Robinson and Mark Waid with art by Gabrielle Dell'Otto and Werther Dell'Edera is a new OGN, currently at the top of the NY Times Bestseller list. Waid actually pulled Robinson into the series to help him craft the story because he thought his style would fit the spy elements of the story. It was Robinson's first time writing Spider-Man.

"This had real significance to me, because I had literally quit DC that day, and Mark called me later when I was thinking 'what the hell am I gonna do now?'" Robinson said. Waid quipped, "It's your karmic reward for quitting DC!"

The pair of writers really enjoyed working together on the story, and Robinson thanked Waid for the opportunity, and for helping him learn to be a better writer.

Daredevil: Road Warrior will see the infinite comic by Waid and Peter Krause, colored by Nolan Woodard go to print in a 48-page one-shot in July 2014.

Daredevil, the ongoing series by Waid and Chris Samnee, the writer said, is really as good as it is "all because of Chris." While Daredevil is trying to learn about San Francisco, he'll be faced down with The Owl, who is revealing new powers and abilities. #5 will also reveal "the strange death of Foggy Nelson," explaining why everyone thinks he's dead.

Daredevil #6-7 will tie-in to Original Sin, and we have all the details exclusively here . Matt Murdock learns about why his mother, now a nun named Sister Maggie left him and his father, and it turns "everything he knows upside down."

A couple of pages of Spider-Verse were shown - the pages will be in the Free Comic Book Day offering from Marvel next week. Spider-Man 1602 faces off against Morlun in the pages. Spider-Verse proper begins in November, and Olivier Coipel has already "turned in a bunch of issues," Lowe said. "It's the biggest, craziest story and involves every Spider-Man ever (that we're legally allowed to use)." Lowe teased that we'll see "bits of that leading up to November," too.

Fan Q&A was next.

Favorite version of Spider-Man outside of Peter Parker? Lowe: 90s Animation Spidey. Robinson: Ben Reilly. Fialkov: Peter Porker. Perez: Electric Company version (who Lowe confirmed will be in Spider-Verse!). Waid: Miles Morales.

Lowe said that while Marvel Comics has very little direct input for the Sony Pictures Spider-Man movies, he said he's loved what he's seen of ASM2. Cinematic Spider-Man cannot and won't appear in Spider-Verse.

Waid says he hopes to work with Marvel Studios on the new Daredevil TV show, but hasn't been asked to yet.

A fan specifically asked about Spider-Woman and Araña in Spider-Verse, with both confirmed. That might not be Peter Parker in the Iron Spidey costume in the Spider-Verse poster/covers.

70s TV show in Japan Spidey? "I believe so," said Nick Lowe - giant robot and all.

"You will see a Ben Reilly Spider-Man in Spider-Verse. Whether he's around or not after that is up in the air," Lowe teased.

Spider-Verse runs from Amazing Spider-Man #9-#14, but will also have tie-ins. It is not a separate mini-series though, for the main story, it's a storyline in the main title.

Ultimate FF #4 will feature a new Ultimate Spider-character, Fialkov said.

"We are nowhere near done seeing Anna-Maria. You will see her in the pages of Amazing Spider-Man #1, and she's not going anywhere. There's a very uncomfortable conversation coming up between Peter and her," Lowe said. "There are amazing plans for her as a character, too," he promised a fan of hers.

The OGN is in-continuity, Lowe clarified, and that means Peter's secret sister could show up in the pages of Amazing at some point.

Kaine as Scarlet Spider is in New Warriors, and there is "a lot of Kaine love coming up in Spider-Verse. He's a big part of the first issue, and a big part of that story. He has some key attributes to his Spider-Powers that have roots in Morlun's earlier stories," Lowe said.

A teaser image of Superior Spider-Man was flashed on the screen, with the extra mechanical legs. Nick Lowe said, "Wait, what is that? Why is that up there?"

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/128/338/original/spiderverseteaser.jpg?1398541476

Superior Spider-Man teaser image shown briefly at C2E2

Any new incarnations of Spider-Man in Spider-Verse? "All kinds of them," Lowe said. Both Robinson and Fialkov volunteered to write a "Spider-Dog" series.

"Eddie Brock is a character we're thinking a lot about," Lowe said.

Fave Spidey villain? Green Goblin, Clash, Doc Ock, Mysterio, The Looter, Molten Man, and Waid said J. Jonah Jameson.

Flash-Venom "as we call him in the office" said Lowe, is out in space with the Guardians of the Galaxy for the foreseeable future.

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/126/235/original/Spider-Verse_DellOtto_Banner-1.jpg?1395687016

Spider-Verse Dell Otto Banner

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/Amazing-SPider-Man-4-Variant-Humberto-Ramos-40838.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #4 Variant - Humberto Ramos

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/Amazing-Spider-Man-Who-Am-I-faeed.jpg

Amazing Spider Man: Who Am I

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/Amazing-Spider-Man-Who-Am-I-1-Preview-1-7d6f9.jpg

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/Amazing-Spider-Man-Who-Am-I-1-Preview-2-847b7.jpg

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/Amazing-Spider-Man-Who-Am-I-1-Preview-3-9f0a9.jpg

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From Bleeding Cool

Which Spider-Men Will Be In Spider-Verse? Everyone That’s Legally Allowed – C2E2

From the Spider-Verse panel at C2E2, here are some of the confirmed Spider-Men appearing in Spider-Verse.

Spider-Man from the cartoons.

Peter Porker, Spider-Ham

Electric Company Spider-Man

Miles Morales, Ultimate Spider-Man

A new British Spider-Man who Dan Slott says UK folk will be cosplaying as for years (Judge Spider?), as well as 1602′s Peter Parqhar.

Japanese TV Spiderman

Spider-Woman and Arana

Ben Reilly Spider-Man

An assassin Spider-Man whose webshooters shoot bullets from What If: Spider-Man Vs Wolverine by Jeff Parker, Paul Tobin and Clayton Henry.

1039400-what_if_super

But there will be no Sony cinematic Spider-Man versions.

And Spider-Boy from Amalgam is legally iffy.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Spider-Man: Family Business" is in continuity, Lowe and Waid confirmed. "I would be shocked if we didn't see more of that," whether in an OGN sequel or follow up in the regular series.

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Issues #4 and #5 will tie into "Original Sin," Lowe said, revealing that "someone else was bit by the radioactive spider that bit Peter Parker," Lowe said. Readers will discover where Silk, the new character, has been throughout Spider-Man's career.

So the gal who was bitten is another SPider-(sonic)-girl

A teaser image of Superior Spider-Man was flashed on the screen, with the extra mechanical legs. Nick Lowe said, "Wait, what is that? Why is that up there?"

No,please...no....please dont.....no....no more...please.

-----------------------

I...i don't really care that much for that you know?....
    I mean,yeah, i'll read it,but.......not that much...

I care about the Felicia stuff more...
    She's back in Spider-Man comics!!!!!!!

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6428  Edited By animehunter

From Bleeding Cool

Has Superior Spider-Man Taken A Trip To 2099? – C2E2

spiderverseteaser (1)

Spider-Man 2099 is currently part of the present-day Marvel Universe, and is getting his own series.

At the Spider-Man panel today at C2E2, a brief glimpse of a Superior Spider-Man image was seen, grabbed by Newsarama.

What might not have been noted, is that scene appears to be in the 2099 Universe.

Could, somehow the Doc Ock Spider-Man have found a way to transfer himself to the future?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From Newsarama

C2E2 2014: Marvel 100th ANNIVERSARY SPECIALS Covers

100th Anniversary Special – Spider-Man is written by Sean Ryan with interior art and cover by In-Hyuk Lee.

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/128/340/original/100th-Anniversary-Special-2-Spider-Man.jpg

Webhead_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6429  Edited By Webhead_99

So I guess we can trust that's where SpOck went when Horizon blew up. Looks an awful lot like the 2099 reality...

Not really interested in this Silk lady.

Stop teasing Reilly coming back if you're not going to do it, Marvel!!!! *shakes fist*

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Cat and Electro will be the villains fo the first five issues, Lowe said. Having her identity revealed "did not make Felicia Hardy very happy," the editor said.

The way I see it going, is for the first 2 issues she prepares, to go after Spidey, and part of that plan is likely to be to expose Peter as Spider-man, 3rd issue she begins and we'll end with a cliffhanger where she is about to do some real damage and asks why he did what he did and 3 or 4 he tells here what really happened but she has a hard time believing him and says to prove it and the 4th issue is him trying to do exactly that my get after he escapes I'm assuming and the 5th he goes to prove it, he does but not fully and she leaves without exposing him and say next time they meet he won't like it.

Personally I'm not seeing a full reconciliation between them, yet ANOTHER relationship Slott has ruined.

I also have this feeling Mary Jane might be involved in her plans and she might be the one that convinces Felicia that what Spidey says is true about the swap.

It also seems to me that Slotts is burning every relationship Peter's ever had, all to put Anna as the one Peter goes to when he's troubled. So unless he brings in another love interest I don't see it going any other way.

Unless, Just putting it out there @danslott, he brings back Silver Sable and she becomes his love interest :)

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6433  Edited By animehunter

From Comicvine

C2E2: Marvel's Spiderverse Panel

Check out what happened today during Marvel's Spider-Man panel, aside from singing.

All of these folks will be in Spider-Verse
    All of these folks will be in Spider-Verse

At C2E2, Marvel made some big announcements about Spider-Man, Original Sin, and even Daredevil at their Spiderverse panel. We sat in on the panel and learned quite a few interesting things about what's happening in the Marvel universe in the upcoming months.

THE PANEL: Editor Nick Lowe hosted the panel. Featuring the Spider-Man talent of James Robinson, Josh Fialkov, Ramon Perez, Jordan White, and Mark Waid.

The event kicked off with Jodan White playing ukulele and singing the "Spider-Man" theme song, in which the audience sang along. Lowe gave away an issue of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1 to the person who really sang their heart out.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN

Amazing Spider-Man #4 variant cover by Humberto Ramos
    Amazing Spider-Man #4 variant cover by Humberto Ramos

Lowe explained that the first issue of the new AMAZING SPIDER-MAN series comes in at 96 pages. It includes a main story, numerous back-up stories and INHUMANS #1. Dan Slott is writing with Humberto Ramos on art. The first issue, which will be out April 30th, introduces the reader to the villains for the first arc: Black Cat and Electro. Black Cat went to jail during SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN and she's not happy.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #4 cover by Humberto Ramos
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #4 cover by Humberto Ramos

Both issues #4 and #5 will be tie-ins to Original Sin and will introduce the reader to Silk. When Peter Parker was originally bit by that radioactive spider, it turns out someone else was bit as well. This is Silk. Who is she and where has she been all this time?

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: LEARNING TO CRAWL

Learning to crawl, which takes place during the early years of the AMAZING SPIDER-MAN comic, fills in the gaps between comics and will explore the life of Peter Parker, who is still new to his powers and being Spider-Man.

Artist Ramon Perez says readers will get a closer look into Peter's social ;life as well as dealing with the death of Uncle Ben. Readers will actually see his funeral. There's also a new villain named "Clash." The panel-goers were then treated to some interiors of the book, as well as the covers by Alex Ross. This book will be on store shelves on May 7th.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: WHO AM I? Infinite Comic

Fialkov, the writer of this book, says that the story starts out with Spider-Man robbing a bank. He doesn't know who he is, where he is, and why he's robbing a bank. "If you were to wake up, in a costume, and you're with a bunch thugs and robbing a bank, would you go with it or against it?" Parker doesn't remember all those things that make him who he is like "having great responsibility" or those in his life who taught him lessons.

Fialkov continued, "What's great about the infinite [comic] format is you explore storytelling in a way no one else is doing. It's a lot of fun and so special. I love getting to write fun Peter Parker... Iron Man also shows up."

The WHO AM I infinite comic will come out on May 6th. The first four issues will come out at the same time. Lowe says they're trying something different and want readers to "binge read."

Cover for issue one and three preview pages below

SPIDER-MAN 2099

In July, writer Peter David and artist Will Sliney tackle this fan favorite character, Spider-Man 2099. The audience is shown the covers for issue one. Simone Bianchi and Rick Leonardi did the covers. Peter Parker will make an appearance in the book. Slott is very excited about the book and really pushed for Peter David to write the book. The audience is shown two interior pages from the book, and it looks utterly fantastic.

FAMILY BUSINESS OGN

Mark Waid says that Spider-Man was the perfect character to tell a big story in a big way for the OGN format. He had an idea in mind that Peter would be in trouble, but his sister, that he didn't know existed, would help him. He really wanted to do a spy story with Peter parents as well. He says that things Peter's parents did the in their past affect Peter and that was a part of the core story. Waid really wanted James Robinson to help him craft the story. The was actually James' first time writing Spider-Man, and he actually got the call to write this book on the day he quit working for DC Comics. James said writing this book "makes you feel like a kid again... I immediately fell in love with the Parkers."

DAREDEVIL: ROAD WARRIOR

The infinite comic will be coming out in print format in July. It's written by Mark Waid and drawn by Peter Krause. The book follows Matt Murdock's move to San Francisco.

DAREDEVIL #6 cover by Chris Samnee

DAREDEVIL On-Going

Issue 4 will be out in June and issue 5 will be out in July. Waid says both he and artist Chris Samnee approach this as one storyteller. It's one joint effort for these guys. He says they're having a blast with Daredevil in San Fran. DD truly relies on the NYC geography more than any other character because he's blind. "It's a big learning curve" says Waid. There will be the return of one of DD's oldest foes: The Owl. It will be the most dangerous foe he's ever faced because the Owl is more powerful than ever. Issue 5 will cover the strange death of Foggy Nelson.

Issue 6 and 7 of this series will tie into Original Sin. Javier Rodriguez will be working on the art while Samnee recharges. In the tie-in, Matt will find out why his mother left his father. Waid states, "It drops the world beneath his feet. Everything he knows gets turned upside down." Matt finds his mother in prison, but can't help her from a legal stand-point because he gave up law.

SPIDERVERSE

Spiderverse kicks off in November. However, Free Comic Book Day (Saturday, May 3rd) will have a Spiderverse flip-book, with the other side being a GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY book. Morlun will be the main villain of the book. Interior pages are shown. Morlun is dealing with Peter Parker from Marvel 1602. Lowe says they will be using every version of Spider-Man they are legally allowed to use. This series will run through AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #9-#14. Tie-ins will be announced later on. They don't want to give everything away, 6 months before the book comes out.

Confirmed versions of Spider-Man in Spiderverse: Electric Company Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, Arana, Spider-Ham, Bagman, 70s Japanese TV series Spider-Man, "There will be A Ben Reilly," Miles Morales, Spider-Man Noir, and everyone else in the giant Spiderverse banner (at the top of the article).

Who won't be in Spiderverse: Movie versions, Ultimate Peter Parker (Nick Lowe made sure to say he's still dead), and no symbiotes.

Audience Questions

Mark Waid said he's not involved with the Netflix Daredevil series and said series will not affect the comic. He said Marvel doesn't want the books to change because of what's happening in the tv show. SPIDER-MEN 2 is brought up by an audience member. Lowe says Bendis is very motivated to do it and spiderverse will not affect SPIDER-MEN 2, whenever it happens.

The next audience member asks about Anna-Maria. She will apparently be in AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1 and she will be a big part of the book. She's not going anywhere and she's become a big part of Peter's life. They live together and work together. In addition, Peter's sister, from FAMILY BUSINESS, may be brought into the main series, since the book is canon.

In addition, Eddie Brock is a character they've been thinking about a lot recently. He won't be coming up any time soon, but it sounds like he may make a return in the future.

Finally, before the panel is let out, there's an image on the big screen which is someone in Superior Spider-Man's costume. It's not Peter though. That's all they had to say about that.

rajabuta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6434  Edited By rajabuta

@rajabuta said:

No Caption Provided

johnny storm?

Nobody reads my posts...... *sigh*

I said i thought it was Flash,but he gives Peter the Fantastic Four USB,and it's Peter's and Johnny's "spot".....the Statue of Liberty.

So it's Johnny.

I read it........

after I posted >_>

_Nexus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter:

someone in Superior Spider-Man's costume. It's not Peter though.

Are they talking about the image of 2099 here or is this a different image? And if so where is this image because now Im curious.

@8008s:
    Damn you beat me to my theory I was going to say the same thing, back in the 2099 arc in Superior when he comes back a little confused it going to turn out he was in the 2099-verse probably for a good amount of time and then arrived back in our time only a few seconds but he probably thought it was weeks or something.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6436  Edited By Bezza
    katiebaby74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Saw Spider-man 2 with my family this weekend and really enjoyed it but not as much as my daughter who is yet to take off her Spidey outfit!! Thought you might like to see the funny video I took of her this week :-) Kate x

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has Superior Spider-Man Taken A Trip To 2099? – C2E2

Spider-Man 2099 is currently part of the present-day Marvel Universe, and is getting his own series.

At the Spider-Man panel today at C2E2, a brief glimpse of a Superior Spider-Man image was seen, grabbed by Newsarama.

What might not have been noted, is that scene appears to be in the 2099 Universe.

Could, somehow the Doc Ock Spider-Man have found a way to transfer himself to the future?

This is far from over..........for f*ck's sake.

From Newsarama

C2E2 2014: Marvel 100th ANNIVERSARY SPECIALS Covers

100th Anniversary Special – Spider-Man is written by Sean Ryan with interior art and cover by In-Hyuk Lee.

Wow..........

Who's the dead guy?

DAREDEVIL: ROAD WARRIOR

The infinite comic will be coming out in print format in July. It's written by Mark Waid and drawn by Peter Krause. The book follows Matt Murdock's move to San Francisco.

DAREDEVIL On-Going

Issue 4 will be out in June and issue 5 will be out in July. Waid says both he and artist Chris Samnee approach this as one storyteller. It's one joint effort for these guys. He says they're having a blast with Daredevil in San Fran. DD truly relies on the NYC geography more than any other character because he's blind. "It's a big learning curve" says Waid. There will be the return of one of DD's oldest foes: The Owl. It will be the most dangerous foe he's ever faced because the Owl is more powerful than ever. Issue 5 will cover the strange death of Foggy Nelson.

Issue 6 and 7 of this series will tie into Original Sin. Javier Rodriguez will be working on the art while Samnee recharges. In the tie-in, Matt will find out why his mother left his father. Waid states, "It drops the world beneath his feet. Everything he knows gets turned upside down." Matt finds his mother in prison, but can't help her from a legal stand-point because he gave up law.

@daredevil21134 ?!!

@rajabuta said:

I read it........

after I posted >_>

YAY!! :P

@_nexus_ said:

@animehunter:

someone in Superior Spider-Man's costume. It's not Peter though.

Are they talking about the image of 2099 here or is this a different image? And if so where is this image because now Im curious.

I want Miggy's suit.I miss the suit.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@katiebaby74:

Cool, my daughter used to have an outfit like that! Glad you enjoyed the film!

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6440  Edited By animehunter

From CBR

C2E2: "Original Sin" Brings Spidey Face to Face with the Mysterious Silk

(Click for larger image)

The "Amazing Spider-Man" faces his "Original Sin" this July in the form of the mysterious Silk

Spider-Man believes it's his responsibility to use his powers to protect the people of the Marvel Universe, and over the years he's made a number of sacrifices to shoulder that responsibility. What if that responsibility was not his to bear alone? What if the radioactive spider that bit Peter Parker also bit another one of his classmates? If so, is it Peter's responsibility to be there to support and help this classmate deal with their new abilities?

RELATED: Peter Parker's Greatest Moments as Spider-Man

These questions and more will run through Spidey's head this July in "Amazing Spider-Man" #4 by writer Dan Slott and artist Humberto Ramos, which kicks off a tie-in to Marvel's "Original Sin" event and introduces Spidey to the mysterious Silk -- a woman who was bitten by the same radioactive spider that bit Peter, but whose life went down a drastically different path. CBR News Spoke with editor Nick Lowe about the character and the storyline that was announced by Marvel yesterday at their "Original Sin" and "Spider-Verse" panels at the Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo.

CBR News: Nick, many of the "Original Sin" tie-ins are about characters discovering shocking information about their lives and in "Amazing Spider-Man" #4-5 Peter Parker will discover that he wasn't the only super human created by the radioactive spider that bit him. How long has this story been in the works? And what was your reaction when writer Dan Slott first told you about the idea?

Nick Lowe: This has been in the works for some time. When I came into the Spidey office a couple months ago this was already pretty well under way as far as the conception of the idea of someone else being bit by the spider. I think it was something that Dan had been wanting to do for awhile, but the planning of the "Original Sin" event I think is what crystalized it for Dan.

One of the fun things about it was that Dan and I went to lunch with [editor] Ellie Pyle when I first joined the Spidey office. At that lunch we were talking about this new character and because there were some cool ideas that were tossed out as lunch went on we ended up making some big changes to her origin story. It's just one of those fun comics collaboration stories where you go in with one idea and you come out with something that's decently different, but a lot of fun.

Slott & Ramos' "Amazing Spider-Man" #1 Hits 500K Orders + Preview

We know that Silk is a female character, but is there anything else you can tell us about her?

Her story is a really neat twist on what could have happened if Peter had gone a different way; if Peter had a different upbringing and family. Does Silk have her own Uncle Ben? You're going to have to wait and see, but she is a character whose roots will go back into Spider-Man's history obviously to the bite of the original spider. There will be little bits and pieces of Peter's history though that are also bits and pieces of her history that will be told in interesting ways.

Is "Amazing Spider-Man #4-5 primarily about Peter discovering the existence of Silk? Or will he have other matters to deal with as well? Will these issues involve a super villain antagonist?

Absolutely. Issues #4-5 are actually going to be a big part of what's going on in "Amazing Spider-Man" #1-3. So Silk is going to be a complication of the situation that Peter already has going on. He'll already have his hands full with Electro and Black Cat at that point and Silk coming in isn't going to make things easier for him. I'll tell you that much.

Will these issue take place primarily in the present? Or will there be some flashbacks involved?

There are some flashbacks involved in telling Silk's story, but #4-5 for the most part are going to primarily be present day stuff. We'll get a little taste of her story, but it will be unfolding as months go on. We'll learn more and more about her.

"Amazing Spider-Man" #4-5 will not be the last time you see this character in the least. She will be a pretty major character in the Spider books going forward. The question will be what role will she play in Spider-Man's world? Is she a foe? Is she a friend? Is she something else entirely? That will be something we're all going to have to wait and see.

RELATED: Lowe Explains "Superior Spider-Man" #30 Twist

What can people expect from Humberto Ramos' work on the story? Did he design the look of Silk?

Yes, Humberto designed Silk's look. He took some initial notes from Dan, [former "Amazing Spider-Man" editor] Steve Wacker, and Ellie Pyle before me. They started working on her at that point and it's such a cool look.

Humberto is so incredible. One of the best things of coming into the Spidey Office is the art team on the Spidey books. Between Humberto and Giuseppe Camuncoli I'm just the luckiest editor. Because not only are they incredibly professional, but they're so good.

There are very few people who draw Spider-Man better than Humberto Ramos. I've been at Marvel for a long time, Dave. It will be 12 years in May. I remember when I was an intern here 13 and a half years ago and seeing one of Humberto's first Spider-Man pages when he was on "Peter Parker: Spider-Man." It was a double page spread of Spidey swinging that I made xeroxes of and had up in my college dorm room. I still have them. [Laughs] I treasure them. He draws such a dynamic, interesting Spider-Man. He's great.

This story is a new look at a new Spider character that I think is really going to fascinate people.

"Amazing Spider-Man" #4 swings into stores in July.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/128/329/i02/Amazing-SPider-Man-4-Variant-Humberto-Ramos.jpg?1398535019

Marvel To Introduce SILK - the 2nd Victim of Bite that Gave SPIDER-MAN His Powers

When high school student Peter Parker was bitten by an errant, irradiated spider while on a class field trip, it changed his life forever. And now as revealed yesterday at a Marvel panel at C2E2, Peter wasn’t the only one bitten.

Tying into the massive Original Sin summer event series, July’s Amazing Spider-Man #4 will kick off a two-part story shedding light on a second victim of the spider’s bite, who received similar powers to Spider-Man but charted a much different course for their life. And her name is Silk.

“Silk is going to be a major Spider… character over the next couple years,” says Marvel Senior Editor Nick Lowe. “She got bit by the same spider that Peter Parker did and we’re starting to tease her story in every issue of Amazing Spider-Man.”

Injecting a new character into the origin story of such a pillar of the superhero genre of comics isn’t something that should be done lightly, but as Lowe tells Newsarama it was something that developed over time and with reverence for the source material. As an editor, Lowe’s worked previously on a new character inserted into a classic story; in his previous stint as lead editor of the X-Men titles, Lowe oversaw stories of Vulcan, a character introduced in 2006’s X-Men: Deadly Genesis as a newly introduced brother to founding X-Man Cyclops and his brother, Havok.

“[The story about Silk] was something that Dan Slott started working on with former Spidey-Editor Steve Wacker and Associate Editor Ellie Pyle when the Original Sin event was in its formative time,” explains Lowe. “The revelation that someone else was bit by the spider was huge and before my time. I’ve been involved in shaping who Silk is, which has made for some great lunch conversation with Dan and Ellie and many long phone calls. “

One of the other recipients of long phone calls in the planning of this major storyline in Amazing Spider-Man is series artist Humberto Ramos. In addition to drawing these two issues, Ramos was responsible for designing Silk’s visuals and the manifestation of her powers. At this time Marvel isn’t fully revealing her full look, the images released so far show her as a female adult with long, brown hair and a costume composed of webbing.

“Good eye on the webbing,” Lowe tells Newsarama. “Silk’s powers and look is very influenced in webs. Humberto Ramos did some incredible design work on Silk (no surprise there, as Humberto is just awesome). I can’t wait to show it all off!”

Amazing Spider-Man #1

Although Silk’s introduction won’t take place officially until Amazing Spider-Man #4 in July, Lowe says hints and clues about her will be appearing as early as this Wednesday’s Amazing Spider-Man #1. Lowe also confirms that Silk will “absolutely” be a part of the Spider-Verse event series announced for later this year.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6441  Edited By animehunter

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/100th-Anniversary-Special-2-Spider-Man-In-Hyuk-Lee-Cover-4f166.jpg

"100th Anniversary Special" #2 cover by In-Hyuk Lee featuring Spider-Man.

From CBR

C2E2: Lowe Celebrates a Future Marvel Milestone with "100th Anniversary"

In 1961, Stan Lee and Jack Kirby laid the foundation for what would be become the Marvel Universe, a unique setting where the world right outside your window collided with the weird and fantastic. Since the 1961 debut of "Fantastic Four," the Marvel Universe has expanded to become one of the most beloved shared universe settings in popular culture.

Changing with the times, the Marvel Universe has always tried to tackle and explore contemporary issues and problems -- but what might it look like on its 100th Anniversary? This July, Marvel hopes to shed a little light on the possible future in the five-issue weekly "100th Anniversary" mini-series. CBR News spoke with Marvel Senior Editor Nick Lowe about the project, announced during C2E2 2014, which is composed of five loosely-connected specials from both acclaimed and up-and-coming creators that give readers a glimpse at the potential Marvel Universe of 2061.

CBR News: Nick, how did the idea for the "100th Anniversary" specials come about and what inspired them? Is each issue sort of a #1 issue for the characters they feature, or are they more "What If…?" style milestone books?

Nick Lowe: All credit or blame for this can not be given to me. [Laughs] This is another brilliant project I inherited when Steve Wacker went out to L.A. It came about when we were planning a bunch of our 50th Anniversary issues and the Marvel 75th Anniversary. Steve pitched that it would be cool if we did books that imagined what the Marvel Universe would be like at its next big milestone anniversary.

That was really what started this whole thing off. We thought it was a great opportunity to mess with the characters and take them on a fun romp into the future. We wanted to show where these characters might be years of publishing later.

Each issue approaches things a little differently. Essentially we're imaging what an issue might be like 47 years of publishing from now. For example, the Spider-Man special is being done as if you pulled that issue out of a back issue bin from the future and it was the end of the story-arc. Each issue deals with that in a somewhat similar fashion. They push you into the deep end of the pool and you have to figure out what's going on. We've got cutting edge, amazing creators working on these -- a mix of rising stars and established veterans. It's a really cool group of people working on these books.

What can you tell us about the overall setting of the "100th Anniversary" books? Is this a future dystopia?

It's not a dystopia. We're trying to imagine what our real world will be like in 47 years of publishing and hopefully our real world won't be a dystopia by that point. One can't really tell. So it will be "the world outside of your window," like Marvel is now, but for 2061. To clarify, it's 47 years of publishing later and not 47 years in the lives of the characters.

Let's break down the books and the creative teams. What specials will be part of this series? And what creators are working on them?

The "Guardians of the Galaxy" special is written by Andy Lanning and Ron Marz and features Gustavo Duarte on art. Andy's been a huge part of the Guardians of the Galaxy for almost a decade. So this book would be like he's come back for a seminal run as a man of -- how old is Andy? He's really old. He'll probably be 150 in 2061. Andy grabbed industry veteran Ron Marz (whose credits are just too broad to list here). And Gustavo is a relative newcomer who Andy actually brought to the table.

Sean Ryan is writing the "Spider-Man" special and In-Hyuk Lee is doing the art. Sean is a former editor at Marvel and a former editor at DC who, for the last few years, has been working on a freelance writing career. He's terrific. He wrote a short story in "A+X" and some one-shots for me (See the "Uncanny X-Men," "Iron Man" and "Nova" specials starting in May!). He's got a true unique vision and is a real rising star in this business.

In-Hyuk has done some work for us before on covers and interiors. I believe he did some "Infinity" covers, too. He does these incredible digitally painted pages that will blow people away.

The "X-Men" special is written by Robin Furth and features interior art by Jason Masters. Robin, for those who don't know, has been a huge part of our "Dark Tower" books at Marvel for the last seven to eight years. She's terrific and she's really bringing an outside-the-box look at Marvel Comics and where they could be in that time. She has a really cool X-Men story. Jason Masters is someone Mike Marts brought to our attention from his time over at DC. [Mike] had him working on a bunch of Batman books over there. Jason is terrific and he's going to kick ass on this book.

James Stokoe of "Orc Stain" fame is writing and drawing the "Avengers" special! He's incredible. I was blown away when [Editor] Jon Moisan told me that he had convinced Mr. Stokoe to come over and play in this sand box. I love James work ever since I saw an incredible Galactus illustration he did years ago. He is bringing his huge imagination and incredible art to bear on this and people are going to be blown away.

Then Jen Van Meter is writing our "Fantastic Four" special, which features work by Joanna Estep. Jen is part of the Portland conclave of comic creators. A huge percentage of the best writers in the business all live in Portland. Jen has done some really great work for the Spidey office over the years. One of my favorite of her recent works is a really cool Spider-Man/Black Cat mini-series. She's been in the business a long time and this will show you why she's been so successful. She's got this incredibly cool Fantastic Four story and really embraced this idea almost more than anybody else. She's been trying to think about it in a way that the "Fantastic Four" was the book the Marvel bullpen was most present in back in Stan and Jack's days. She and her editor Emily Shaw have been thinking about this a lot. And I didn't know Joanna until Emily brought her forward on this project. Everything that she's shown me has been really impressive. I can't wait for more people to see it.

If readers respond to the "100th Anniversary" titles will there be room to come back and do more? Is this a way to test interest in a new 2099 style line?

There's always room, depending on if the characters live through these stories. We hope that people really dig this because it's been so much fun to work on these and we'd love to do more. What will really be interesting is when people start to see the characters in these specials pop up in non-future comics.

"100th Anniversary" launches in July.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

From Newsarama

Marvel Celebrates 100th ANNIVERSARY 47 Years Early In New Limited Series

This year Marvel is celebrating their 75th Anniversary, and it seems they’re enjoying themselves so much they’re already publishing a miniseries celebrating their next milestone, their 100th, this July Announced at C2E2 during Saturday’s “Next Big Thing” panel, 100th Anniversary Special is a weekly series of five interconnected one-shots showcasing a wild and inventive future for the likes of the Avengers, the X-Men, Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four, and the Guardians of the Galaxy. And working on these five stories are some surprising names, from the likes of Dan Abnett, James Stokoe, Jen Van Meter, and more. When asked how this admittedly tongue-in-cheek concept for a series came about, Senior Editor Nick Lowe tells Newsarama that it came out of conversations about the history that’s already passed for Marvel and its characters.

“This idea came from Steve Wacker in a meeting where we were discussing a bunch of the characters’ 50th anniversaries and Marvel’s 75th Anniversary,” Lowe reveals. “Steve thought doing a publishing event where we imagined where the comics would be on their 100th anniversary would be cool, and boy was he right!”

Each of the five issues of 100th Anniversary Special will focus on a different character/team in the top tier of Marvel’s roster. The Guardians of the Galaxy one-shot will by writers Andy Lanning and Ron Marz along with Gustavo Duarte. The Spider-Man centric issue will by Sean Ryan and In-Hyuk Lee. The futuristic X-Men tale will by Robin Furth and Jason Masters. The Avengers one-shot will by James Stokoe. And the Fantastic Four story is by Jen Van Meter and Joanna Estep.

Given this is set in the year 2061, these heroes might be a bit different than how readers here in 2014 remember them. Lowe says that despite it taking place 47 years in the future publishing-wise, their in-continuity age won’t be as advanced.

“Well, the characters themselves won’t be 47 years older any more than Peter Parker isn’t over 50 like he’d be if he were aging in real time, but they’ll have aged a little bit,” Lowe explains. “So imagine 47 years from now (I’ll be a ripe 81 years old) when you’re picking up your favorite Marvel comics. I sure as heck better be retired by then collecting Nextwave theme-song royalties after that franchise becomes the biggest movie hits of the 2030’s and 40’s.”

Although Lowe was reticent to spoil some of the surprises he and the creators have in store for 100th Anniversary, he did give Newsarama a taste of what’s to come.

“You should be getting excited about Silver Galactus,” Lowe reveals. “You’ll get the strange Avengers of the future with a lineup that will shock you, a Spider-Man facing the scariest Kingpin you can imagine, a mutant President and an all-new Fantastic Four!”

As far as the creators go, Lowe says it was the individual one-shots direct editors – Emily Shaw, Jon Moison, Xander Jarowy, Devin Lewis and Jake Thomas – that were primarily responsible for choosing the talent for each title. Although some of the names might be a surprise to Marvel fans, Lowe says it’s all business as usual.

“There was nothing out of the ordinary here at Marvel. We editors look at the project in front of us, and try to pick the best talent for it,” Lowe explains. “. The range of creators here reflects the editors’ tastes and visions.”

Marvel is in the midst of celebrating their own actual 75th Anniversary, so the idea of preemptively publishing a comic series celebrating their 100th might seem maddening – especially for future Marvel editors who’ll be there when Marvel actually reaches the 100 year mark. When Lowe was asked about this possibly transgression against his future colleagues, Lowe didn’t pull any punches.

“Those editors in 2061 earned this. Trust me,” Lowe tells Newsarama. “They’re a bunch of jerks!”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Click for larger images)
    (From L to R) "100th Anniversary Special" #1 cover by Jason Latour featuring the X-Men; "100th Anniversary Special" #3 cover by Joanna Estrep featuring the Fantastic Four; "100th Anniversary Special" #4 by James Stokoe featuring the Avengers; "100th Anniversary Special" #5 by David Lopez featuring the Guardians of the Galaxy.
    Kibbles7a239

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The SSM pic in 2099 could be when he disappeared in issue 19, but I thought that could have been how they tied him into spider verse by jumping him to the future there to fight Morlun and then recalling him back to SSM 19 as he saying "this is not the last you ll hear of Otto..." to some foe, this could mean Ock having a Spider powered body for spider-verse if he jumped to 2099 as the pic suggests. And I'm ok with that!

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: It's stupid. I bet he will say Matt's dad beat his mom and caused her to leave and make Jack be the villain. So then the man who Matt molded his self after isn't exactly who he that he was. Can't stand Waid or Samnee

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6444  Edited By animehunter

@punyparker

When The Green Goblin Dressed Up As Captain America – C2E2

http://cdn.bleedingcool.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/cap.jpg?9098e0

Kirk Staley, Bleeding Cool correspondent, reported in from yesterday’s Marvel Heroes panel of a rather intriguing reveal.

On the panel showing of the PC/Mac game currently in Beta, that allows you to play as a Marvel hero or villain.

Or, if this reveal has anything to say, both. Because they showed off a Green Goblin character dressed in the costume of Captain America.

Could other hero/villain mismatches be on the way? Could you be given the choice to play as both hero and villain simultaneously?

Visual for demonstrative purposes only…

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6445  Edited By animehunter

Release date for the first few issues of Amazing Spider-man

From this point on it's approximations

• Amazing Spider-man #01.3 - July 02, 2014
    • Amazing Spider-man #04 - July 16, 2014
    • Amazing Spider-man #01.4 - July 30, 2014 or August 06, 2014
    • Amazing Spider-man #05 - August 13, 2014 or August 20, 2014
    • Amazing Spider-man #01.5 - August 27, 2014 or September 03, 2014
    • Amazing Spider-man #06 - September 10, 2014 or September 17, 2014
    • Amazing Spider-man #07 - September 24, 2014 or October 1, 2014
    • Amazing Spider-man #08 - October 08, 2014 or October 15, 2014
    • Amazing Spider-man #09 - October 22, 2014 or October 29, 2014 or November 12,2014
    • Amazing Spider-man #10 - November 05, 2014 or November 12, 2014 or November 26, 2014
    • Amazing Spider-man #11 - November 19, 2014 or November 26, 2014 or December 10, 2014
    • Amazing Spider-man #12 - December 03, 2014 or December 10, 2014 or January 07,2015
    • Amazing Spider-man #13 - December 17, 2014 or January 07,2015(From Marvel.com) or January 21, 2015
    PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: It's stupid. I bet he will say Matt's dad beat his mom and caused her to leave and make Jack be the villain. So then the man who Matt molded his self after isn't exactly who he that he was. Can't stand Waid or Samnee

Like i said to ya before,Samnee is good.
    Just not for Matt.

@punyparker

Kirk Staley, Bleeding Cool correspondent, reported in from yesterday’s Marvel Heroes panel of a rather intriguing reveal.

On the panel showing of the PC/Mac game currently in Beta, that allows you to play as a Marvel hero or villain.

Or, if this reveal has anything to say, both. Because they showed off a Green Goblin character dressed in the costume of Captain America.

Could other hero/villain mismatches be on the way? Could you be given the choice to play as both hero and villain simultaneously?

Perfection.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6447  Edited By Bezza

Not sure about all these mid month issues, .1 and .2 etc...Makes it bloomin' expensive to keep track of the story, what with issue one being $5.99!

darn it comics are sooo expensive these days, I won a copy of the Ultimates Vol 1 TP on ebay yesterday and its costing me £3.75 (about 5 dollars) to get it delivered and its got 160 pages, which is equivalent to 6 comics..

_Nexus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This Silk may be interesting and create a new dynamic to the Spider books but I have to say of all of Spider's history to go and retcon for the Original Sin stuff why is it necessary to go back to the beginning and create another character because the spider bit someone else.

Sure this Silk character will more or likely get her own series the same way that Kaine and Miguel got a new series, but how long will this last Scarlet Spider was a good series and it got cancelled.

Dedonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker

Although I might be mistaken, the image shown at the Marvel Heroes panel was a Skrull, not the Green Goblin.

You can see the video here. It is at around 51:28.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6450  Edited By animehunter

Amazing Spider-man 2 Black Cat Variant

http://www.midtowncomics.com/images/PRODUCT/FUL/1345692_ful.jpghttp://www.midtowncomics.com/images/PRODUCT/FUL/1345693_ful.jpg

I this is her new look like it

but

I still don't like the idea she might become a full enemy of Spider-man. Just what is Slott playing at.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.