Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8614 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Thor wielding the mother storm: Closer attention to some of Thor´s planetary feats

Avatar image for asgardianweapon
    asgardianweapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Hello folks. I will be straight to the point: i don´t see much attention made to some of Thor feats in Jason Aaron run. And altough he is without a doubt a polemic writer in the sense that many are divided in the quality of his stories he from time to time deliver with some insane feats like this one.

Now in the issue Mighty Thor 12 we se just how powerfull the storm was when it was "alive", fighting Odin for days on end until he could imprison her in the Uru.

It´s lightings were said to "left cloud dust where once were moons" the winds "ripped worlds from their orbit and snuffed out stars like flickering candles"

Then in the issue 70 Thor Odinson in the effort to bring Jane forster back from the dead wields parts of the ( "dead") mother storm. Said part was big enough that it was massive in comparison to the moon and by being near the moon it was said to "threatens to blow this entire moon apart".

Thor then focus all of this overwhelming energy in him. Nevermind it was almost breaking the moon by being near it mind you. The hero would keep up tanking this energies from quite some time until a weakned Odin would help him and they would focus it´s overwhelming power in themselves. Do notice that the Uru would melt way before Odinson would give up. The last of the lightings completly dwarfs the moon. Mighty thor 706)

This is the perfect "AP" feat. The attack potency of this feat is probably way higher than moon level and it is safely moon level for a extended period of time focused only in Thor and later Odin. This was after fighting Mangog for a extended period of time mind you.

Later in war of realms Thor Odinson would somewhat recreate this feat. However this time it is not a durability feat but a lighting manipulation feat: Using the part of the mother storm that it was "IN THE SUN" to forge together the hammer note that the lightings are bigger than the sun. This was felt all the way back in earth when Laufey was doing a winters breath attack (War of heavens 6)

This just further cements Thor´s capability of making planet sized lightings or more. As it was show in Thor making lightings comparable in size to a prision the size of a planet (Thor2018 issue 8). And his lighting being visible at all when compared to the colector star system sized ship (Unworthy Thor 5). And ofc Thor saying he can create planet wide storms or blocking a beam that would overtimedestroy a planet with a single storm (Thor Annual Vol. 2 #2001)

All in all pretty consistent! Stay tunned folks! I think i will bring some of this from now on (not a promise tho)

asgardianweapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yes this is very impressive lighting manipulation for Thor. Also i just saw the mother storm compared to the black winter/phoenix/king in black in terms of fundamental forces i believe. Cant remember where.

One thing about Aaron that he is pretty good at is power levels. Even if the story sucks.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Nice

Avatar image for lazarus4tempest
    lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I hate the mother storm concept but this impressive.

asgardianweapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazarus4tempest: Yeah it is a dividing concept but do remember that the another feat of the dead motherstorm is stopping a star that turned nova and was throw by skyfather level beings.

Even if you don´t like it and i respect it i also prefer the hammer being used to focus his power, it is nice for neat feats

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.