Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8882 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Should the DCEU bracelet shockwave be added to Wonder Woman's comic abilities?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Poll Should the DCEU bracelet shockwave be added to Wonder Woman's comic abilities? (57 votes)

Yes 72%
    No 18%
    Results 11%
    No Caption Provided

Would it be a good thing if the bracelet shockwave ability from the DCEU movies was added to Wonder Woman's power set in the comics?

• 
    ArtThief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No.

Avatar image for masterwitcher88
    masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see a reason for it not to be.

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate it. I mean when she was doing it once in a while it was fine. But she used it so much in jl movie. Its a defensive move. WW is not a defensive fighter like Batman, she is not a stealthy fighter.
    She is a controlled, forward moving attacking fighter. The kind who gets knocked down by a stronger opponent, smiles and leaps back into a fight.

I know she avoids a fight usually, but once in combat she is up front and personal. The new power actually pretty much annoys me. I'd prefer her having her 90s powers where she had animal empathy. That was far more interesting to me. Or where she was one with the Earth and could summon strength from greater strength from the Gods.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@jphulk26 said:

I hate it. I mean when she was doing it once in a while it was fine. But she used it so much in jl movie. Its a defensive move. WW is not a defensive fighter like Batman, she is not a stealthy fighter.

She is a controlled, forward moving attacking fighter. The kind who gets knocked down by a stronger opponent, smiles and leaps back into a fight.

I know she avoids a fight usually, but once in combat she is up front and personal. The new power actually pretty much annoys me. I'd prefer her having her 90s powers where she had animal empathy. That was far more interesting to me. Or where she was one with the Earth and could summon strength from greater strength from the Gods.

how is a giant shockwave stealthy fighting?

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Don't think it is needed but I wouldn't hate it if it was added. Btw didn't she have an ability similar to this right before the Flashpoint? Something with her bracelets being part of the Aegis or something like this.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't think it is needed but I wouldn't hate it if it was added. Btw didn't she have an ability similar to this right before the Flashpoint? Something with her bracelets being part of the Aegis or something like this.

She could summon the Aegis shield when her gauntlets were together (though I prefer her regular shield to be Aegis it self).

Nu52 she had a similar ability to the shockwave, it was a war cry that could stun Doomsday and send GL flying. They probably saw that and just put it on the gauntlets rather then have WW scream all the time and cause a war cry is kind of stupid.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I thought she already had that power

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital said:
    @jphulk26 said:

how is a giant shockwave stealthy fighting?

no its defensive. or at least the way she's been using in Justice League. She doesn't use it to combo. Like start with that then leap in and continue hitting. She just uses it to get people away from her, then she stands there like a lemon as if she's just done something super impressive. Its just not the way I ever think of Wonder Woman as fighting.

Avatar image for deactivated-62aed95594e07
    deactivated-62aed95594e07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it would be a cool addition to her arsenal, so yes.

Tidal_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't it appear in Azarello's run? I know for sure the sword bracelets(lame) did.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tidal_ said:

Didn't it appear in Azarello's run? I know for sure the sword bracelets(lame) did.

That was Finch but, yes it was pretty lame.

No Caption Provided

Azz made it so that Diana can summon her weaponry (swords and probably her shield too) via her gauntlets. I actually like that and hope they keep it.

No Caption Provided

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, a simple punch will achieve pretty much the same effect, better actually, with more control and less collateral damage to boot. Why in the world would "Wonder" Woman do it inside the Old Bailey ?? It doesn't make any sense, Zack's ideas go in the bin

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, a simple punch will achieve pretty much the same effect, better actually, with more control and less collateral damage to boot. Why in the world would "Wonder" Woman do it inside the Old Bailey ?? It doesn't make any sense, Zack's ideas go in the bin

Thank u. That was the dumbest thing in the movie. I mean surely she killed the guy doing that.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: She killed Michael McElhatton's character and blew the whole place to pieces

Marishtar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kevinffinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I prefer Azz's version which Diana could use to summon different weapons. I think in an ideal scenario Diana would be able to summon enchanted weaponry. For example, a bow with magic arrows that explode with divine energy on contact. This would allow Diana to show off her skill with multiple weapons (as well as allow for some incredible visuals like in her deathbattle with Thor) while also making her a threat at all ranges on the battle field.

The explosive wave has its pros as well. I believe it works by Diana absorbing a type of energy (electrical, heat or even a type of kinetic energy) then possibly and hopefully amplifying it and releasing it in a wave of sorts. This is cool as it gives Diana a defence against nearly all forms of energy attacks while also giving her a powerful offensive technique that can hit at multiple ranges (hopefully). It looks to be the most powerful single attack we have seen from a DCEU leaguer. Plus it was implied in Diana's solo movie that she can do more with the energy (specifically in her fight with Ares).

So while I would prefer Azz' version, the DCEU's/ Snyder's version is the next best thing. And to be brutally honest, Diana needs all the help she can get right now in comics. She is severely lacking in major quantifiable feats.

Avatar image for professorrespect
    ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

She needs it, cuz otherwise she sux with AOE

Alsimmons77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She needs it, cuz otherwise she sux with AOE

Watt?

Zeus's lightning was always her go to AOE:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

anti-matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tedirey: finally someone who reads the source materials

Avatar image for asgardianweapon
    asgardianweapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

it would be cool

brettjett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Not to be too picky, but I think you mean "added to Wonder Woman's comicbook abilities?"

Kymilia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think she can already do this in comics

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.