Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13422 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

The White Hot Room vs. The Quantum Field

TeamGXOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I need help again! Hopefully this will be my last question about the White Hot Room. I'm surrounded by... "innovative" thinkers, and I need some comic book knowledge to know what the truth would be...

Which exceeds the other in... I guess I'm asking which transcends the other, the White Hot Room or the Quantum Field?

Note: I said "Quantum Field" not "Quantum Realm". The quantum realm is where sub-atomic and quantum level activity takes place, but are bound by very specific rules and constructs of operation, which stems from the quantum field. The quantum field (as I was told) scientifically speaking goes far deeper than that of the "quantum realm", as... according to my friends, the quantum field far exceeds all levels of reality, energy, matter, time, space, it's beyond the "building blocks" of thought, consciousness, existence and even spirit itself. The quantum field contains the fundamental, rudimentary principles of what makes existence, yet transcends the principles of existence, the multiverse and even the omniverse.

Then there's the "Sub-Quantum Field" that was also discussed, and I'm not even going to get into that one. I'm out of my league with just discussing basic quantum stuff.

All that said... there's an application of "the quantum field" in our fanmade X-Men anime, that relates with the White Hot Room. Given what I was told about how this quantum shit works (cuz I don't totally know) it seems to reason that the quantum field itself does exceed or transcend the principles of the White Hot Room, since it was described as being above and beyond all forms of existence.

But is any of that true?

Avatar image for theinsufferable
    TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TheInsufferable

When used in fiction, Quantum is more often than not a buzzword used to give pseudo-scientific explanation for shit the authors are lazy to actually explain, since very few writers are actual physicists who understand what they're talking about. 40, 50 years ago, everything was "atomic" in cheap sci-fi movies and stories. Nowadays, it's Quantum blah blah.

No Caption Provided

TeamGXOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theinsufferable: oooooookay...

While I can totally agree with that statement, uh... I DO believe my friends know more what they are talking about, cuz they are the types that go deep into calculations, names of different particles, different theories and stuff that I simply cannot try to explain here. I'm not all science savvy.

All I did, was discuss the basic gist of what I did understood, and the overall summary of what they were talking about.

My question is, however... how does any of this apply where the White Hot Room is concerned. It is considered the center of creation and "the Heart of the Phoenix". In this collab story we're writing, my friends want to apply the Quantum Field in relations with a particular character, that exceeds what the White Hot Room is. All I want to know is, if that would make any sense according to canon.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

.....I can’t say I understand what the quantum field is. It transcends reality, thought, and existence in the multiverse and even the omniverse? So, is it just energy then? What exactly is left? And it’s function is what? Simply existing itself? Being a conduit of power to someone specific? I guess the closest thing I can relate it to would be the Beyonders Realm in Marvel, where they basically have a universe of their own the size of Marvel’s multiverse to tap into. It is completely separate from the multiverse’ existence with the soul purpose to shake the status quo of Marvel.

I suppose in those terms, in technicality, it’s true if it’s supposed to transcend everything. The White Hot Room can be seen as the center of existence itself. It’s there as a safe haven for the Phoenix Hosts. Since it is also the Heart/ Mind of the Phoenix, one can assume it is where the life-force is supplied to the universe (and by extension, multiverse) proper.

No Caption Provided

The White Hot Room thereby, vicariously through the M’Kraan Crystal, transcends everything in existence itself because it supplies it all. But since the Phoenix is life itself, one can include it among existence, which is why the Quantum Field sounds like it’s above the WHR.

TeamGXOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

.....I can’t say I understand what the quantum field is. It transcends reality, thought, and existence in the multiverse and even the omniverse? So, is it just energy then? What exactly is left? And it’s function is what? Simply existing itself? Being a conduit of power to someone specific? I guess the closest thing I can relate it to would be the Beyonders Realm in Marvel, where they basically have a universe of their own the size of Marvel’s multiverse to tap into. It is completely separate from the multiverse’ existence with the soul purpose to shake the status quo of Marvel.

I suppose in those terms, in technicality, it’s true if it’s supposed to transcend everything. The White Hot Room can be seen as the center of existence itself. It’s there as a safe haven for the Phoenix Hosts. Since it is also the Heart/ Mind of the Phoenix, one can assume it is where the life-force is supplied to the universe (and by extension, multiverse) proper.

No Caption Provided

The White Hot Room thereby, vicariously through the M’Kraan Crystal, transcends everything in existence itself because it supplies it all. But since the Phoenix is life itself, one can include it among existence, which is why the Quantum Field sounds like it’s above the WHR.

Yeah and I'm about the WORST person in the world to try and describe it LOL You're doing way better than me right now.

I had many of your questions, and the people I'm around, don't always make it easy to understand. I would almost think that the WHR would be associated with it in some way, if not contained the "quantum realm/field" as well. However, the way they explained all of this to me, its almost like the Quantum Field is the end all be all... um, somewhat. And then someone else threw in something called "Sub-Quantum Kinetic Fields (?)" and that discussion literally fried my brains out. I won't even attempt that one.

I asked yesterday for a simplified answer, and this is what the main writer wrote today:

"The Quantum Field (very different from the "Quantum Realm") is a state of which "purest and transcendent" potential/kinetic consciousness and constructs are inseparable, preceding all and any "pre-primordial virtual spaces" of endlessness, transcendent possibility and probability. This is the state of which "tools" are conceived and birth to construct "principles" allowing the rises of "pre-primordial consciousness and states", precipitating omniverses and "metaverses" of scales beyond any means of calculation, measure and comprehension. [Uh... I understood very little of this btw LOL]

To use easy to understand comparisons:

If the Marvel Omniverse is equal to a computer OS system, and all the programs installed on it were the multiverse, then the White Hot Room would be the IDE [computer software/development tools] and the Phoenix Force would be the collective "source codes". However, the Quantum Realm of the Marvel Omniverse would be the computer's firmware and hardware [aka the physical computer], and the One Above All is the programmer. The Earth, it's past, present and future, all its people, all of the computers, servers, networks, communications towers, cars, animals, nature, cities, skyscrapers, the oceans, etc... is the Quantum Field. The deep reaches of outer space, the complexities of the universe, the Big Bang, and going deep into actual quantum physics and quantum mechanics, the complexities of an existing multiverse/omniverse beyond our universe, the hologram theory, multiple realities and dimensions, the astral planes, etc... is all equal to the "Sub-Quantum Kinetic Energy Fields".

Hopefully this comparison can give you a better understanding and grasp of what the Quantum Field is, and its magnitude, and why it far, far exceeds the White Hot Room, the M'Kraan Crystal and the Phoenix Force, as not even the One Above All him/itself, based in realistic technicalities, would even exist or be possible without the Quantum Field..."

I copied this pretty much verbatim, all I added were the square brackets to define some of the terms she was using. I politely asked she didn't include her technical/scientific jargon to describe why and how this works, so maybe you all can see... through this shit if this would align with Marvel's canon, and how the White Hot Room would work in a realistic sense.

TeamGXOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JimmyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teamgxone:so it depends on which "quantum field" we're talking about. if its dc comics then the white hot room is precedent. the white hot room deals with many universes, dc's quantum field deals with one universe at a time.

i'm not sure about marvel comics, i know there's the "quantum realm" in the movies, and then the "microverse" in the comics. its safe to say, based on what i know of the "microverse" in comics, the white hot room still transcends the former. however... i wouldn't say that the microverse is the same as the quantum field, EVEN by comic standards. the microverse takes place in the subatomic world, but... not going into the actual deep level fundamentals, as the quantum fields and other equations.

now if we're talking about the REAL DEAL quantum field in real life, while there are multiple types out there, there is such thing as a collective realm or space that serves as tiny components of everything, from matter, time, memory, thought, pretty much everything you said in the op.

i have to correct something said by someone who answered you, the white hot room IS a part of "existence", its a misnomer to believe that it isn't and this misbelief comes from the fact the white hot room is outside of "the universe". Just like the m'krran crystal, it is also a part of existence, just the much greater aspects of it. think of the white hot room as "heaven". heaven exists, but is above reagular life forms and earth.

the description that i read you posted from whomever, seems to be hitting the nail on the head. i think that they're comparison with computer stuff is very, very good at explaining the nature of the white hot room, the phoenix, and what the quantum realm kinda is. i actually looked it up or at least tried... based on what i could make out, along with that break down sent to you, yes... the quantum field definitely precedes or transcends the white hot room.

TeamGXOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimmyx said:

@teamgxone:so it depends on which "quantum field" we're talking about. if its dc comics then the white hot room is precedent. the white hot room deals with many universes, dc's quantum field deals with one universe at a time.

i'm not sure about marvel comics, i know there's the "quantum realm" in the movies, and then the "microverse" in the comics. its safe to say, based on what i know of the "microverse" in comics, the white hot room still transcends the former. however... i wouldn't say that the microverse is the same as the quantum field, EVEN by comic standards. the microverse takes place in the subatomic world, but... not going into the actual deep level fundamentals, as the quantum fields and other equations.

now if we're talking about the REAL DEAL quantum field in real life, while there are multiple types out there, there is such thing as a collective realm or space that serves as tiny components of everything, from matter, time, memory, thought, pretty much everything you said in the op.

i have to correct something said by someone who answered you, the white hot room IS a part of "existence", its a misnomer to believe that it isn't and this misbelief comes from the fact the white hot room is outside of "the universe". Just like the m'krran crystal, it is also a part of existence, just the much greater aspects of it. think of the white hot room as "heaven". heaven exists, but is above reagular life forms and earth.

the description that i read you posted from whomever, seems to be hitting the nail on the head. i think that they're comparison with computer stuff is very, very good at explaining the nature of the white hot room, the phoenix, and what the quantum realm kinda is. i actually looked it up or at least tried... based on what i could make out, along with that break down sent to you, yes... the quantum field definitely precedes or transcends the white hot room.

Thanks for your input :)

But the question I still have is... how would that fit with Marvel's canon? Would the Quantum Field transcend the WHR, according to canon?

I do like what you said on the M'kraan Crystal. I have had ppl tell me that the M'Kraan Crystal is some sort of omnilock artifact, when I see it exist clearly in mortal existence.

I will say... it might be just safe to say that the QF really would be transcendent to the WHR, which is gonna defeat my argument LOL but... hey, no one has really been able to answer that, so...

TeamGXOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well... I don't know how to close a thread lol but this one needs closing.

With the struggled research I've done of both quantum mechanics and metaphysics... putting them together, it definitely sounds like the Quantum Field is something that is way out there, true Omnilock level... uh... beyond existence? LOL I forgot who said it, but... what is there beyond "existence"?

My friend DID explain what that actually means and like... omg, stuff about super consciousness emergence, and sub-quantum kinetics and energy and... essential spirit birth... I can NOT remember that stuff, but hey it's part of the Quantum Field... maker of Existence as we know it, and Existences beyond that so... yep.

I'm so unknowledgable about this stuff, so its very hard to determine what would be true. I think this about the Quantum Field and that it transcends even the Omniverse itself, I do believe that's prolly correct.

JimmyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teamgxone: yeh i think that hands down the Quantum field is greater than the WHR. Without it, there would be no reality, life, consciousness, psychic powers, all of that stuff i believ comes form the Quantum Place.

I was inspired to look some stuff up and, this goes beyond science and magic. i think they even described it as "where science, magic and spirit meets".

I think when u say "beyond existence' that's not too hard to comprehend depending on what you call 'existence'. supposed we existing in the Marvel universe or omniverse, whatever, then everything we experience , has been experienced and will be experienced is contained in our existence. so, if there's something that created all of that, like say Stan lee is the 'creator" of the marvel universe, then he is beyond our existence.

I think the same rules would apply to the white hot room as it is only the center of creation, while the quantum field is before, in between, the future and everything beyond existence.

one question though why are you asking so many questions about this stuff, and i see you a lot in forums about the Phoenix, why if you don't mind? I'm only curious :)

TeamGXOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimmyx: Weird, you kinda cussed me out on your last post, what's that all about? I mean, I'm just curious myself, and I'm amongst ppl that talk a lot about the inner machinations of the comics, while the vast majority of my knowledge comes from animated series, TV and film. I'd like to know why you think I'm some kinda troll, as I don't start arguments or anything like that.

Avatar image for one_truephoenix
    One_TruePhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By One_TruePhoenix

i thought the white hot room is the ultimate place, I could be wrong. What is the quantum thing again??? what's the difference between the quantum realm and white hot room???

TeamGXOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i thought the white hot room is the ultimate place, I could be wrong. What is the quantum thing again??? what's the difference between the quantum realm and white hot room???

LOL okay... I haven't been on in a LOOOONG while so let me explain...

My question was "which supersedes or is beyond the other, Quantum Field or the White Hot Room"

The White Hot Room is defined as the "Heart of Creation", Heart of the Phoenix, Nexus of all Realities. It is the birthplace, afterlife and workplace of the Phoenix, where in "the Crown", "Phoenix Work" is done.

Now... let me define the Quantum Realm and Quantum Field. The Quantum Realm is the level of which quantum physics occur and function. Somewhat like what we've seen in the MCU (although not entirely accurate). Quantum physics govern realities, matter, time, etc., and how all those things interconnect, form, behave, and simply exist. The Quantum Field however, describes the state of which generates the very rudimentary building blocks, laws and principles of existence as a whole. Things like the psyche, energy, psionics, emotion, spirit, time, the fundamentals of every aspect and level of all Existence.

After explanation from friends of mine that dive deep into... all this kind of stuff, they answered my question. Even the Quantum Realm supersedes the White Hot Room. The WHR maybe nexus of realities, and center of creation, but it doesn't actually "create" anything. It's more of the manager's seat of what's already established. Both the Quantum Realm and Field create, structure, and orchestrate existence itself, not just creation :)

One_TruePhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@one_truephoenix said:

LOL okay... I haven't been on in a LOOOONG while so let me explain...

My question was "which supersedes or is beyond the other, Quantum Field or the White Hot Room"

The White Hot Room is defined as the "Heart of Creation", Heart of the Phoenix, Nexus of all Realities. It is the birthplace, afterlife and workplace of the Phoenix, where in "the Crown", "Phoenix Work" is done.

Now... let me define the Quantum Realm and Quantum Field. The Quantum Realm is the level of which quantum physics occur and function. Somewhat like what we've seen in the MCU (although not entirely accurate). Quantum physics govern realities, matter, time, etc., and how all those things interconnect, form, behave, and simply exist. The Quantum Field however, describes the state of which generates the very rudimentary building blocks, laws and principles of existence as a whole. Things like the psyche, energy, psionics, emotion, spirit, time, the fundamentals of every aspect and level of all Existence.

After explanation from friends of mine that dive deep into... all this kind of stuff, they answered my question. Even the Quantum Realm supersedes the White Hot Room. The WHR maybe nexus of realities, and center of creation, but it doesn't actually "create" anything. It's more of the manager's seat of what's already established. Both the Quantum Realm and Field create, structure, and orchestrate existence itself, not just creation :)

WOW :O

that is quite incredibe. that is beyond the universe and omniverse??? is it where the One Above all is???

Um... the whtie hot room i thought was like heaven for the Phoenix i could be wrong right? but what does this have to do with quantum science???

TeamGXOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WOW :O

that is quite incredibe. that is beyond the universe and omniverse??? is it where the One Above all is???

Um... the whtie hot room i thought was like heaven for the Phoenix i could be wrong right? but what does this have to do with quantum science???

LOL I'd advise you to research quantum physics for your self, don't just take my word for it :)

To answer some of your questions, the One Above All resides within Omnipotence City, Paradise and House of Ideas. According to my friends, these places transcend the Quantum Realm, however the Quantum Field precedes these establishments. As stated, the Quantum Realm is where the functions of existence occurs, while the Quantum Field is where the fundamental principles of existence were spawned.

The White Hot Room is defined as the "hospital" of any given Universe, as well as the workspace and place of rebirth for the Phoenix Force. So... in a way, you could say it's "Phoenix's heaven" lol

This question about how quantum physics apply to the White Hot Room IS important, due to what some new writers want to introduce. I needed to know whether or not the White Hot Room is below the Quantum Field or not, to know if these writers are proposing something that would be sound with canon.

Unfortunately, every forum I travel to, nobody knows quantum physics by scientific and metaphysical research. So... that leaves me to just believe then that the White Hot Room is not above the Quantum Realm or Quantum Field.

One_TruePhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teamgxone: im not scientist either but it sounds insane LOL

quantum things are very complicated and strange i couldnt tell anything for it. i mean anything that is beyond existing is beyond everything so maybe thats all you need ;)

TeamGXOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@one_truephoenix: lol well it's not me that need this info, but the lady who's writing and animating this series. However, I'm pretty certain she's gonna tweak this to her benefit, one way or another :)

One_TruePhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teamgxone: where can i find out more about this animated series??? id love to learn more about it, is it a Marvel or X-Men series? just wondering. but pls let me know :D

TeamGXOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@one_truephoenix: its near its launch. I will create a thread or topic, strictly for fans to join in here, as a think tank for the project.

This is a Marvel project, so many heroes from many teams and solos will make appearances and have full arcs. The X-Men are definitely very key to the primary arc they are working on :)

One_TruePhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teamgxone: thats awesome again cant wait

question bc i dont feel like reading everything again which did you all choose white hot room or quantum field curious thx

TeamGXOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teamgxone: thats awesome again cant wait

question bc i dont feel like reading everything again which did you all choose white hot room or quantum field curious thx

The Quantum Field hands down reigns supreme. The Quantum Field is where the laws and building blocks of all forms of existence occurs. It has even been decided that the Quantum "Realm" is also superseding the White Hot Room, as it can manipulate existence on deeper level than what the Phoenix is capable of.

scarletvsp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By scarletvsp

The Quantum Field can’t compare to the white hot room and this debate is dumb

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.