Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13422 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Why is Mr. Sinister allowed on krakoa?

Avatar image for christianrapper
    christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By christianrapper

I am not the most knowledgeable on the X Men so I could be wrong. Isn’t sinister a mutate like spiderman and Mr. Fantastic? Why is he allowed on krakoa? The mutant are acting almost xenophobic. I don’t understand why they would allow one of the mutant’s biggest enemies on that island. We already seen him kill several mutants. Kitty remembers what happened. It’s obvious that he isn’t trustworthy. Am I missing something that would make sinister a mutant? I could have sworn that sinister wasn’t.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sinister is not a mutant.

He has however studied mutants his entire life.

Been instrumental in the births of many mutants

And spent most of his time cultivating the make up of his own DNA to the point that he now has an X-gene. (John Proudstars actually)

Add to the fact that his research on mutants is essentially the very thing that makes Ressurection possible and that he essentially the single greatest expert on mutants in history....and yea, it makes sense that they would wanna keep him close as an ally.

Also, with that said. Xenophobic isnt really Krakoas thing. It simply is a safe place for mutants and their families.

Everyone seems to forget that Northstars husband has been seen on Krakoa, so the "Krakoa is for mutants" thing isnt a ban on humans so much as a restriction on outsiders visiting the first place that mutants can safely unite and thrive on without persecution or judgement....like humans just made a cure for mutants that wiped out all of the mutants who didnt want their mutations....why the fux would a human want to come to come to the place where everyone that wants to stay a mutant live?

This is such a stupid argument....the entire planet to explore and live on, and the moment people decide they want a place to themself, thats.the only place anyone wants to go. 😞

McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He wasn't born a mutant, but I think he was given the x gene. So I guess that does technically make him a mutant

Avatar image for obscureobsidian
    ObscureObsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Why is Kyle Jinadu, Northstar's husbandd, listed as a Krakoa resident too if he's human? Maybe they'll later reveal he's also a mutant too, but I'm disliking if now they ever turn all the human supporting cast into mutants.

Also why exactly Hickman has put all of the mutant heroes and villains in the same side? Because I don't know you, but for me there's some things that not even mutant unity would make me want to associate with people like Apocalypse, Selene, Sebastian Shaw or Mr Sinister.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also why exactly Hickman has put all of the mutant heroes and villains in the same side? Because I don't know you, but for me there's some things that not even mutant unity would make me want to associate with people like Apocalypse, Selene, Sebastian Shaw or Mr Sinister.

Pre-Necrosha- Selene's only goal was money and power based while she fed on the life force of others to stay alive.

Now- She doesn't have to feed on people because she has limitless drain from Krakoa. She can have all the land and power she wants on Krakoa. And if she wants to she can still do business other places.

So whats easier, fighting a demi goddess immortal magical mutant that you can't imprison, kill or defeat in the long run.....or giving her a job, a way of survival and anything she wants on a whim in a paradise?

Pre-Krakoa- Apocalypses only goal is keeping himself alive and creating a world where mutants are fittest to survive.

Now- He's literally on a council thats primary focus is a plan to insure that in the next few decades mutants will become the dominant species they were meant to be. And he literally has a say in how to ensure their "fit-ness"

Pre- Krakoa- Shaw was businessman who cared about money and power

Now- Shaw is a businessman who cares about money and power...

Sinister- is, was, an always will be a rat bastard.....but at least now we know where that rat bastard lives, we gave him all the genetic toys he could ever want to play with and we get to safely be immortal on top of it......

Like, alot of people forget that X-Men villains only come 3 flavors....Supremacist, Prejudice and People who want money..... Krakoa for the most part solves all those problems, unless your just a sociopath like Sabretooth.

Avatar image for obscureobsidian
    ObscureObsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@koays I think you're making the mistake of thinking all of them would be happy with the lifes they have in Krakoa and wouldn't try to hurt anyone ever again.

First Selene. You are admitting yourself the X-Men are giving her what she wants, but she's not even in the Quit Council, a place where someone as power hungry as her would most likely want to be. And even if they make her a member, I don't trust her enough to make good suggestions or decissions that are not based on her own selfish goals, and I don't think she would like to share her power, or wouldn't try to her other members she'd see as oppositors. And then is the fact you haven't mentioned any solution to how to deal with her powers. She feeds on life energy, and Selene's a sadist, so she would prefer to have victims that beg for their lifes while she's draining them than volunteers that would offer themselves to let her borrow some of their energy. Which I'm sure Selene wouldn't be happy with. Also, taking into account what happened in Necrosha, there's no garantee she wouldn't try to twist the Krakoa Resurrection Protocols to raise her own army of undead mutants. Give someone like Selene everything she wants is not a solution, is asking for the dog to bite your hand and tear it apart.

Apocalypse doesn't only want to survive, he wants to survive no matter how many innocents he sacrifices in his way. He's now helping Krakoa because they're useful to him. But when he doesn't see them no longer useful to him, or he finds a better way, what do you think it would happen? Apocalypse has been from the beginning something who takes people in vulnerable states and does attrocities to their minds and bodies, just so he can use them as his pawns on his horrible schemes. Warren is just the most famous example.

Shaw is a pretty laughable case because in Marauders it has been clearly shown Shawn get what you said he wanted, still wasn't happy about it, and because he wanted more he killed Kitty. Yeah, absolute garantee that would be the case for anybody else. Also can we please talk about the fucked up fact the X-Men named one of their teams after the group of mercenaries that murdered in cold blood the most disenfranchised of mutants at the team and hurt several X-Men members, including Kitty herself, so bad they had to sent her to the Miur Island at the time so she could heal? No, okay.

And finally Sinister. I doubt he's gonna be happy with the genetic toys he's given. He would take the first chance he has to do something anyone else wouldn't allow him, even more so if it's forbidden. He's not trustworthy, and he never was. The only reason I can think of he hasn't try anything yet is because we haven't been shown yet.

Krakoa is not a solution, not a permanent one at least, It's just a ticking bomb waiting to explode. It acts like everyone would be happy with what they get, being there would be the end of all of their problems (which is an extremely unrrealistic expectation, let's be 100% honest) and that everyone would suddenly have good intentions and there will be no more ill will. Hell, Sabretooth, Mr Yoo Dangerous To Live In Krakoa for Hickman, have been proven to be more trustworthy in more occasions than Sinister, Selene, Apocalypse or Shaw ever did. Phalanx Covenant, when he helped rescuing all those young mutants? Cullen Bunn's Uncanny X-Men? I'm not saying Victor's a saint, I'm just saying he has proven to be better than those other four.

Also we forgive Mystique, Empath and Greycrow, who all of them have done multiple horrible things, but Candra who's basically at the same level is giving a cruel punishment? Again don't get me wrong Candra deserves anything bad that happens to her, but so do Manuel, Johnny and Raven, no matter how much I love her. Manuel is in the Hellions because he's already considered a danger to other residents and he has treated people as pawns with no signs of wanting to change his ways or make amends, Johnny took the blame for the people he mercylessly slaughtered in the past attacking him in something I could only call retrobuition, and Raven is basically in Krakoa because she basically did something useful for the Quiet Council.

A good example of how forgiving everyone of past crimes no matter what they did to build a community doesn't work for everyone is Bill Whillingham's Fables. First, the General Amnesty is done in a case of extreme neccessity, with a bunch of fairy tale characters as war refugees in a strange world, our world. Although it's true some characters that were previously villains like Bigby or Frau Totenkinder prove to be good members of the community, and even then there's still hostility and grudges held against them after centuries for what they did in the past, there's then those members who later prove to be completely unworthy of trust, even when they're giving after new opportunities to redeem themselves.

The only reason Krakoa would ever work is because of poor writing.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@obscureobsidian: Wow that is blind fatalism at unbelievable levels.....

Apocalypse want the fittest to survive.....so he'll betray Krakoa because....he wants to survive? No other reason? No other premise? Just because "thats his character"?

What logic is that?

Your essentially saying that a villain is a villain so when placed in any new situation they will always chose the villainous route. Which is a ridiculously one dimensional way of thinking in general but exceptionally bad considering these are fictional characters whose abilities, personalities and motives change should always be progressing and in flux since it's the closest thing to emulating real people.

Apocalypse is and always has been a "means to an end" character. When he first woke up it was with the goal of finding and developing the strongest over the weak. He then turns around and fights Higher Evolutionary when HE wanted to disrupt natural progression. He tries to kill baby Cable because he was destined to kill him, but even then flat out states that if he survives then he is worthy to usurp him. The entire rest of his plans are about getting a new body, except for one appearance where he shows trying to repower mutants with his blood.

Now he has a leadership position in which he decides how to grow and develop the people he believes are the fittest because....he wants them to survive?

Even though were 2 seconds from having 16 million mutants for him to decide the future of?

Selene literally has nothing to gain from leaving Krakoa as her chief problem for centuries has been a need to be fed. Outside of that Their isn't much else she require other then prestige..... I mean realize her last appearance before Krakoa she was working for a secret sector of the CIA. That's a big leap from the Goddess of death.

Shaw wants power yes. It's a major factor behind his actions.....But he also wants revenge because Emma's the reason his son killed himself. And considering Emma and Shaw have been feuding back and forth over the club since the 80s it's pretty clear that it's more personal then a desire to rule the world. Since what he really wants is his son on a seat.

These characters aren't exactly saints....but they are way more nuanced in their motives then your "always chaotic evil" descriptors.

It's not hard to believe that the offer of immortality, a cleanslate with their enemies, limitless resources and all the opportunities both financial and political that being a founder and legend of a quickly growing nation of super powered beings offers.....

.....meanwhile your making an argument that characters who have had their motives satiated will still be evil just because, as though people aren't released from prison everyday with less then what they went in with and still become better members of society.

Fables is great sure....but the nature of the title always meant that their would be villains who would be villains no matter where you placed them. Krakoa is a place where you don't NEED to be a villain. So people who were evil for pay or power don't need to be.

Their are people like the Empath or Sabretooth who are sociopaths and are going to be a sociopath wherever....but if Selene wants a fuxking castle, she can build a fuxking castle and declare herself queen. There are SIXTEEN MILLION mutants on the way back to life.... make her the governor of her area.

In truth unless your someone like Shadowking who has motives beyond the physical sense....then the plot has to give you a reason to act against Krakoa....otherwise most of these peoples main problem is that they'd get bored with paradise.

Just saying....if you have everything in the world to offer and one of the X-Men villains is coming to kill you.....I'm pretty sure Sabretooth is on the list of people your not going to be able to offer anything to.

Sidebar- Apocalypse killed the Externals...not the Council.

Gothaark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One I don't understand why he is there, and I'm only going by what knowledge I have, is Shadow King. He uses and manipulates other mutants and despises Professor X. Like I said, I'm not an expert or anything, but going based off everything I've seen with him.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.