Follow

Apocalypse

Character » Apocalypse appears in 1816 issues.

One of the very first mutants, Apocalypse is both thousands of years old and a monstrous tyrant that has been a longtime foe of the X-Men. Apocalypse believes that only the strongest (whether mutant or superhuman) should survive. His body is a mix of organics and powerful celestial technology, boosting his shapeshifting and other powers to god-like levels.

I like Apocalypse. What should i read?

cheddarhead4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By cheddarhead4

What is the required reading for an X-men fan? I like apocalypse alot (from various video games and cartoons), but i've never read any comics with Apocalypse in them. I recently thought about reading Age of Apocalypse, but that comic spans like 50 issues ranging from super-obscure comics i've never heard of (like Gambit and the X-ternals, Generation Next, and Factor X), and thats alot more than I want to read, and I'm kinda put off by comics that focus on a full team of third string characters (like the new young secret avengers, or the secret new defenders, etc.). Is there a book that just focuses on the central story in AoA that i could read and skip all the third string, less important characters (like reading Civil War 1-7, and skipping Civil War: new avengers, etc.)? There is a "blood of apocalypse" storyline from x-men 182 - 187 i just found on CV, (is it good?) but that seems like one needs alot of background information on apocalypse before that will make sense.  What should i read?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By danhimself

you can get the complete Age of Apocalypse in 4 trade paper backs....I highly recommend that you read it....It's one of my favorites

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By inferiorego  Staff  Online
    @danhimself said:
    " you can get the complete Age of Apocalypse in 4 trade paper backs....I highly recommend that you read it....It's one of my favorites "
    seconded
    Jubilantlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Jubilantlad

Sorry to hijack the thread, but what is the name of the story arc when Apocolypse returns and the New X-Men are involved?
    darth_fletcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By darth_fletcher

age of apocalypse is possibly the best storyline ever, 4 part rise of apocalypse was good too...

other stories ive read are :- wraith of apocalypse, adventures of cyclops and phoenix, onslaught, the twelve and search for cyclops (x-men vs apocalypse vol. 1&2) and blood of apocalypse.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By John Valentine

Age of Apocalypse, volumes one to four, plus the prelude which is coming out in May. 

Logan X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Logan X

Age of Apocalypse is a great crossover and so is  X-Cutioner´s Song.

Also, the first X-Factor series has a lot of Apocalypse!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.