Follow

Bucky Barnes

Character » Bucky Barnes appears in 2103 issues.

Believed dead near the end of World War II only to have been found and brainwashed by the Soviets for the next 50 years, Captain America's former sidekick now continues to defend his country from the shadows against those who would threaten it as legendary spy and assassin, the Winter Soldier. He became the new Captain America to honor his friend Steve and he joined the Avengers. When Steve returned as Captain America, Bucky took on the identity of the Winter Soldier once again.

Bucky or Jubilee?

Jakesully1981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Jakesully1981

Who do you think is a more unique Marvel sidekick?

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
    deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Bucky.

I just don't like Jubilee, although I don't see anything unique about Bucky. At least not during his sidekick days.

Rabidwolfdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Rabidwolfdog

Isn't Jubilee powerless? Either way Bucky is like Marvels Nightwing, making him a topside kick

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
    deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

Bucky

Jakesully1981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jakesully1981

And who is more like Robin?

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By judasnixon

Jubilee is a second rate Kitty Pryde, with her dumb ass raincoat, and hot pink granny glasses. She needs to go hide underneath a rock in shame. No one cares that you're a vampire now........ Go read Twilight you stupid c_nt!

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#7  Edited By Joygirl

Jubilee. I love Jubilee.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@judasnixon said:

Jubilee is a second rate Kitty Pryde, with her dumb ass raincoat, and hot pink granny glasses. She needs to go hide underneath a rock in shame. No cares that you're a vampire now........ Go read Twilight you stupid c_nt!

=O...You mock the glasses?? Do you mock the best there is too?

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

Bucky. He's the first and really only Marvel sidekick. Jubilee doesn't really count as a sidekick to me, she was just as much a part of the X-Men as Logan so therefore not a sidekick.

OmegaHans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By OmegaHans

I actually like Jubilee, but as far as legacy and feats are concerned, she's no Bucky Barnes.

It's really apples and oranges.

Jubes is the kind of character that is more for those who like the bubbly types, she's quirky and is good for stories with hi-jinx. When matched with Wolverine in a story, she brightens the overall mood (or did, course now we have the vampire thing that came out of left field...) though she's similar to Kitty, I actually think she's more intelligent than Kitty is. Her original powers were supposed to have her become a lot more powerful over time. She's got a future if writers do her well.

But this is the legendary Bucky she being compared to, and obviously there's no contest. He fought in WWII as Cap's sidekick, and I could stop right there. But more, he survived it, lived on and became a secret soldier assassin, replaced Steve Rogers for a time, has fought against much more dangerous people than Jubes ever has, and he and Black Widow are currently the very best espionage agents in Marvel.

Bucky Barnes, nuff said.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Jubilee is a second rate Kitty Pryde, with her dumb ass raincoat, and hot pink granny glasses. She needs to go hide underneath a rock in shame. No one cares that you're a vampire now........ Go read Twilight you stupid c_nt!

lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.