Follow

Firestar

Character » Firestar appears in 1076 issues.

Trained to be an assassin with her microwave-manipulating mutant powers, Firestar instead grew to be a popular hero. A key former member of New Warriors, now member of the X-Men.

Cancer

Editman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Editman

Has it been revealed what type of Cancer, Firestar has yet?

Avatar image for giuseppe_riccadonna
    Giuseppe Riccadonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

......Microwave Cancer?

LOL Jk. No clue. I didn't even know she had cancer.
    Avatar image for giuseppe_riccadonna
    Giuseppe Riccadonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just read her page and it said Hank Pym got rid of her Cancer problem when she was still with the new avengers.

Editman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Editman
    LOL@ mircorwave cancer

Yeah, at the end of Marvel divas #1 she said she had Cancer.

Editman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Editman
    Despite being in semi-retirement, Felicia became friends with Photon, Hellcat, and Black Cat during Secret Invasion.  Together, they are the unofficial Marvel Divas (a name given for their miniseries, though not one used by anyone in the actual comic).  One day in the midst of Dark Reign, Firestar approached her friends with devastating news: she had just been diagnosed with cancer!
    Do you know when he did that, because this is from Marvel Divas which came out at the end of last month
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By CellphoneGirl
    SPOILER TIME

You know how on marvel when they talk about later comics, well it's say's that Patsy makes a deal with her ex about the cancer problem so she could not have it  i guess.

END OF SPOILER
    Editman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Editman

-_- not picking this up anymore lol

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Nova`Prime`
    @Editman: Good call. And Pym took care of the problem with her powers when she was in the Avengers, back in the late 90s. That's when she was given the gold outfit because it supposedly absourbed what microwave radiation she didn't use. But there are a few flaws with Marvels logic about that. Microwaves are so weak it would take more then her body can produce to cause any type of cancer. Also being a mutant and her power being microwave based one would assume her body would be immune to it. Much like a snake is immune to its own venom.

FYI the original problem was the ability to have children, her powers were killing making her infertile. It wasn't cancer back then.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#9  Edited By xerox_kitty

They'llprobably reveal what kind of cancer in issue 2 since it was the cliffhanger ending for issue 1.

When Hank Pym created the suit that allowed her powers to work properly, it was also to fix any damage that had perviously been done.  Which is just another reason why Marvel Divas loses points.
    Editman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Editman

Yeah, that was a waste of money...

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By DH69

breast cancer as of issue 2. dont know why anyone didnt figure out this easy question, the only other cancer it would have been is cervical.
    geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By geraldthesloth

She's a diva, of course she gets breast cancer

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DH69

its sad that it took 2 issues to actually figure it out...
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By pixelized

laaaaame issue

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

okay wait...Hank can cure cancer, but he hasnt bothered to let the rest of the world, and other characters that have and ended up dying of cancer on this little fact. bastard!

Michelangelo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Michelangelo

I didn't even bother to pick it up this time.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

If she dies..i'm going to go to Marvel's offices and jumpkick everyone I see until I get arrested.

Michelangelo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Michelangelo
    @Vance Astro said:
    " If she dies..i'm going to go to Marvel's offices and jumpkick everyone I see until I get arrested. "
    I shall follow suit
    DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DH69
    @CATMANEXE said:
    "okay wait...Hank can cure cancer, but he hasnt bothered to let the rest of the world, and other characters that have and ended up dying of cancer on this little fact. bastard! "

because corperations will stop making money if he cures cancers, they've shown this fact in many series thats how the fantastic four never runs out of money reed/tony/hank invent amazing devices and companies buy their inventions and the patents/rights to them so they dont go out of business.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @DH69 said:

"breast cancer as of issue 2. dont know why anyone didnt figure out this easy question, the only other cancer it would have been is cervical. "

Yes, because there are only two types of cancer that affect women.  Why didn't we toss a coin to figure out which one it was?!   

There are more than two types of cancer.  Aside from testicular, women can have just as many different types of cancer as men.  And men can have breast cancer too.  I can't believe someone actually thought that it was 'an easy question' and that something like breast cancer is so flippant.   

ClockworkDrago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21  Edited By ClockworkDrago

why don't scientists in the marvel universe use  a hero with a healing factor synthesize his her powers into mgh and then use that as normal medication i pretty sure that can kill her cancer instead of patsy selling her soul and would probably be more interesting to read you know with all the protests and bill writing and speeches and fighting and junk

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By shanana

Does a healing factor even constitute as a cure? I mean sure it fixes the cells but doesn't that mean the newly grown cells are infected with Cancer too.?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Sha said:

" Does a healing factor even constitute as a cure? I mean sure it fixes the cells but doesn't that mean the newly grown cells are infected with Cancer too.? "

No.People with healing factor usually don't get it in the first place.If they had it before hand,healing factor may keep it from killing them but they will still have cancer.
    shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By shanana

Ohhhhh OK

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Sha: Soneone like Elixir could kill those cancerous cells, and cure any damaged healthy ones.  It is ludicours that in the Marvel Universe they can cure a broken jaw by injecting nanites, but they can't cure cancer without a trip to hell...
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " @Sha: Soneone like Elixir could kill those cancerous cells, and cure any damaged healthy ones.  It is ludicours that in the Marvel Universe they can cure a broken jaw by injecting nanites, but they can't cure cancer without a trip to hell... "
    It's sad to me.I've seen people brought to back from the dead without going to hell and nobody can cure cancer? How much sense does that make? The Scientist Supreme,The Former Sorcerer Supreme,and The Night Nurse have no idea what to do with a terminal illness? RIDICULOUS!
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Vance Astro: Yeah, that's it exactly!  I can understand that they want to treat something like cancer sympatheticly.  However, curing it within the space of 2 issues isn't taking it seriously.  And when there are technological, magical, and even super human means to save the world then why is something like cancer only cured by a deal with a devil? 

I remember being so excited when I read that Firestar would be coming back.  Now I wish she'd stayed in limbo.  Even being on Utpoia would be better than this.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " @Vance Astro: Yeah, that's it exactly!  I can understand that they want to treat something like cancer sympatheticly.  However, curing it within the space of 2 issues isn't taking it seriously.  And when there are technological, magical, and even super human means to save the world then why is something like cancer only cured by a deal with a devil?  I remember being so excited when I read that Firestar would be coming back.  Now I wish she'd stayed in limbo.  Even being on Utpoia would be better than this. "
    I agree.I think she will be appearing in a huge Avengers event coming up.She's one of my favorite characters.It's sad what the Marvel Divas are reduced to.Although I've come to appreciate the comic...the premise and events are silly.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Vance Astro: It's a series that I've been keeping an eye on and read bits & pieces of it when I'm in the shop, but refuse to pay so much money for it (I'm a cheapskate, so I'll pick it up second hand).  So without having read all the finer details, I'm unsure why Firestar has very short hair, is wearing her old 1990's yellow outfit, or how she's come to be such good friends with 3 other random female heroes.

The cancer aspect feels like a cheap tool to base the plot of 3 issues (of a 4 issue mini series) on.  The kind of thing that earns her a spot in the Women in Refrigerators list.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " @Vance Astro: It's a series that I've been keeping an eye on and read bits & pieces of it when I'm in the shop, but refuse to pay so much money for it (I'm a cheapskate, so I'll pick it up second hand).  So without having read all the finer details, I'm unsure why Firestar has very short hair, is wearing her old 1990's yellow outfit, or how she's come to be such good friends with 3 other random female heroes. The cancer aspect feels like a cheap tool to base the plot of 3 issues (of a 4 issue mini series) on.  The kind of thing that earns her a spot in the Women in Refrigerators list. "
    1.Her hair is short because her hair was falling out.So she cut it. 
    2.I don't know why she's wearing her old costume.She had her latest one on after SI when Nova reunited with her and Justice. 
    3.I don't know how she became friends with Felicia Hardy but she had been friends with Hellcat & Pulsar for quite some time. 
    4.I was expecting to be a hero book.It's not.It's Sex in the City with weird twists.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Vance Astro: Thanks x 4 :) 

And yeah, I can't stand Sex in the City, which was another reason why I couldn't bring myself to pay cover price for it...
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " @Vance Astro: Thanks x 4 :)  And yeah, I can't stand Sex in the City, which was another reason why I couldn't bring myself to pay cover price for it... "
    I totally understand.I have every issue so far...but I didn't pay for them.If I had to pay for them I wouldn't have read a single page.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By pixelized

Ummm... Sex and the City was  actually good, just throwing that out there.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @pixelized said:
    " Ummm... Sex and the City was  actually good, just throwing that out there. "
    No it wasn't.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @pixelized: It's just personal taste.  I really didn't like the show, so I don't like that one of my favourite characters has been wedged into a SitC type title.   

I also find it a weird angle for a comic.  I know some people who liked it, but they wouldn't like a comic with the same feel as the show.  If I was to try & recommend it, they'd look at me as if I was mad.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By pixelized
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " @pixelized: It's just personal taste.  I really didn't like the show, so I don't like that one of my favourite characters has been wedged into a SitC type title.    I also find it a weird angle for a comic.  I know some people who liked it, but they wouldn't like a comic with the same feel as the show.  If I was to try & recommend it, they'd look at me as if I was mad. "
    The title being billed as being Sex and the City-esque, is what sold it for me. Twas the only reason why i read issue one... but those ladies didn't connect the same way Carrie, Charlotte, Samantha, and Miranda did for me.I feel like i should file a lawsuit for false advertisement. The only connection i can see from Divas to SatC would be how both Patsy and Carrie are writers.... and everyone has a vagina. The end.
    ClockworkDrago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ClockworkDrago
    @pixelized: don't forget new york 

and how come all of these scientific type heroes just have like a huge summit and just pound out ways to cure this entire mess of diseases if you come to think about it why don't all these heroes just hold some sort of fatty summit to help with the worlds problems
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @ClockworkDrago said:
    " @pixelized: don't forget new york  and how come all of these scientific type heroes just have like a huge summit and just pound out ways to cure this entire mess of diseases if you come to think about it why don't all these heroes just hold some sort of fatty summit to help with the worlds problems "
    It seems pretty stupid if you ask me.How can Hank Pym make a pocket dimension but not cure cancer...it's ridiculous.
    ClockworkDrago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ClockworkDrago
    @Vance Astro: or he could shrink down and just literally kill cancer
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#40  Edited By joshmightbe
    @CATMANEXE:
    hank is well known for dickery
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @joshmightbe: Why are you replying to a post from nearly 3 months ago? 

@ClockworkDrago said:
    " @Vance Astro: or he could shrink down and just literally kill cancer "
    True.  That's one method we hadn't even thought of.  There are hundreds, if not thousands of wacky & insane ways that the Marvel Universe has been saved, but when none of them can cure cancer it seems ludicrous.
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#42  Edited By joshmightbe
    @xerox-kitty:
    boredom
    ClockworkDrago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ClockworkDrago
    @joshmightbe: dont forget wife beating, we cant forget the wife beating she be dead now right 

yeah ain't comics supposed to be fantasy so why don't writers actually do that and solve our real world problems in comics or at least the heroes at least learn the fight aint worth it look at the loners  

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.