Follow

Firestar

Character » Firestar appears in 1076 issues.

Trained to be an assassin with her microwave-manipulating mutant powers, Firestar instead grew to be a popular hero. A key former member of New Warriors, now member of the X-Men.

Which was the better origin?

VampireLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By VampireLover

Firestar had two origins. The first was the Saturday morning cartoon Spiderman and His Amazing Friends. The second was a 4 part limited comic. Which do you think was better?

PolarisJunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By PolarisJunkie

I enjoyed the comic LS a lot. It really delved into her character and personality more and added the X-Men universe and intertwined the two. There wasn't much they could do in a 30 minute saturday morning kids show. The LS I thought was a lot better.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Its a bit of topic, but in the cartoon, Iceman and Spiderman were boyz, but you never see them team up in comics, Firestar either.

RedFlame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By RedFlame

I think the limited series was better, 'cause as PolarisJunkie said there wasn't enough time to explain to origin of this character... and the series included her in almost the whole Marvel Universe...

• Please ignore my mistakes on English, 'cause I'm Brazilian and I've learned English on my own...
    Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Forever

I agree with PolarisJunkie and RedFlame (your English looks great by the way).

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Valkaad

Gambler says:

"Its a bit of topic, but in the cartoon, Iceman and Spiderman were boyz, but you never see them team up in comics, Firestar either."

Never thought about that. It would seem logical for Drake and Parker to be friends growing up they were both born in N.Y.

VampireLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By VampireLover

I've always enjoyed the LS, too. I wish they would have the three of them team up again. Maybe not a cartoon, but throw them together in the comics. Bobby and Peter play off each other well.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.