Newb Question: I am an artist on Comic Vine and I want to know if I can update the information about myself

RoninAnuur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think the headline says it all. My name is Anwar Hanano and I wanted to update the info on my entry on comic vine. Alot of the books associated with me are on here but they aren't actually linked to my name. I also wanted to update a picture and information about myself. Help. Thanks!

artgallery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 57

#2  Edited By artgallery
@RoninAnuur said:

I think the headline says it all. My name is Anwar Hanano and I wanted to update the info on my entry on comic vine. Alot of the books associated with me are on here but they aren't actually linked to my name. I also wanted to update a picture and information about myself. Help. Thanks!

Hi, Anwar. I don't know if anyone has helped you yet, and I see that this post is seven months old, but I thought I'd respond since I'm just seeing it. You should be able to make edits on the wiki, but because you're new and only have two posts so far, I think the edits have to go through moderation for awhile. Once the moderation period is over, the site will post your edits no problem.

No Caption Provided

This is my "Person" page on the wiki. Every wiki page has an "Edit this wiki page" button in the top right corner. Click that, and you can get started.

No Caption Provided

Once you click that Edit button, you'll have all kinds of little green boxes with "Add ___" or a little pencil in it, as seen above. Clicking on those will let you edit different parts of the page.

artgallery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

On the issue's page, there are even more things to click for editing. The minus symbols let you remove things that don't belong. There would be a plus symbol there to add new things if you click one of the pencil icons. All of those little checkboxes allow you to add the jobs that the creator has done on that issue.

The process is basically the same for the rest of the page, where you add characters, teams, concepts, objects, etc.

No Caption Provided

When you're done, you click that "Submit All Changes" button in the bottom left corner.

artgallery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

My "ArtGallery" account is somewhat new, so I get the same message you would see- your changes have to go through moderators until you've earned 1,000 wiki points. It goes by quicker than you think. My main account (cbishop) has 386,562 wiki points right now, and I feel like I really haven't done that much in the wiki.

No Caption Provided

This is the message you get when your edits are not in moderation (I made this one with my cbishop account). At this point, you are just making your edits, clicking submit, CV gives you that message, you click "Ok, Refresh," and your edits are live!

If you need help with any of the text field functions, I've figured out most of them through trial and error, and have blogs for those on these links:

1. ."How...?" The CV toolbar explained, Part 1.
  2. ."How...?" The CV toolbar explained, Part 2.
  3. ."How...?" The CV toolbar explained, Part 3.
  4. ."How...?" The CV toolbar explained, Part 4.

I hope you're still here, and hope that helps! Cheers. :^)