Avatar image for hyperspacerebel
Hyperspacerebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hyperspacerebel

Hey there, folks. I'm new to adding stuff to the wiki, so still learning the ropes and just wanted to clarify something.

I recently tried to add an Archie issue that was missing from the wiki that I had the digital version of. I tried uploading the cover from the digital version, since that was all I had, but adding the issue was denied on the grounds that it was a digital cover and not the print cover with a barcode (even though a large number of the issues already in the volume seemed to be digital covers as well). The person who denied my addition suggested I get an image of the cover from ebay instead, which surprised me. I just wanted to double check that using images off another site like ebay is kosher?

KillerZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By KillerZ  Moderator

Yes. We would like to have retail cover you would see in the comicshops. If you can't scan the cover yourself, any place you could find those covers can be used, ebay was suggested because there are a lot of people reselling their comics and have already scanned or photographed that cover and can be easily used.

But they need to be without watermarks and cropped properly, no white bars around the covers please.

Avatar image for hyperspacerebel
Hyperspacerebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Sounds good. I guess I assumed there were legal issues with sharing pictures other people had taken, but if that's allowed then I can do that.