Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

THE CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE WORKS OF AN ORIGINAL FICTION.

Immortality: Tales of the Undead- Eternally Yours

Dear Marcella,

I have been longing for your lovely presence. But in this day and age, I cannot be sure if I have to wait much longer. That is why I must come to you in due time. Or else, we won't meet each other again. You see, wars have broken out in my country, and it is this that I must venture out in the long journey across the sea, hoping to find you in time. I must say that the wars had been terrible enough for me, to realize that nobody was safe. Not even me for instance. What else would I have done to protect myself? After all, nobody knows who I really am. I am hungry for you, love. I... am... hungry!

The sailors have not taken a notice of me. If they had done so, they probably would throw me out, including my own coffin. They must not know what I am, for I am the creature of the night, who dwells upon the powers of darkness. Marcella... You cannot imagine how good it would be to join the cause of this mighty greatness, stemming from the hearts and soul of our life. The blood is the life, Marcella. I have known you far too long that I could remember, and I have kissed you, and I have made love to you. But now... That we are separated is not good enough for us. We must live together, Marcella. We must!

I have been hungry for blood, and I had to drink it from some of the sailors. The rats were there, but I feared that a disease might come upon me. There was one time that I drank blood from an infected man. I became sick then, and couldn't move or eat, or do anything else that I have always done before. Yes, I had to drink blood from them, for they were not infected. The captain of the ship, recognized the terror in the hearts of his men, who must have sailed long enough, that they had not witnessed the very thing I had become ages ago. It was one time only that I must figure out a way to escape from the ship. But the thunderstorm kept brewing, as we sailed throughout the seas. I had the feeling that I might drown myself, even if I had to sleep inside the coffin. It was a daring risk to take and bold enough to escape. One old sailor had told me, "This journey is dangerous. I don't know why you have come." But it is dangerous. I knew that from the bottom of my heart. I told him that I have taken this journey to see my only love. And the old sailor said, "Yes, everyone says that, I guess. But..." He stared at me, Marcella. That I was the monster, who had killed those sailors. The old man didn't say anything else, for he feared that I might kill him.

It was daytime, and I have slept through hours in my private quarters. I dreamed about you, Marcella. I did not know what else to think. I could still hear the rumbling sounds to and fro in the ship, and yet, I still couldn't sleep. For better or worse, the day had grown colder, and windier enough that I had to get out, and see for what brings forth to my dark territory. It had been three days and nights that we had to sail across the sea. The rats skittered around the cabins, and the sailors laughed, and drank their precious wine, or whatever the drink they had. I searched for blood, because the hunger still grew upon me. I don't know when I can come to you, or how else I could survive in this heavy thunderstorm. The night became brutal enough for me to explore the ship, seeing the eyes of the drunken sailors, and thus I have drunk their blood. I just couldn't help it.

It was almost sunset, and I had to go back to my private quarters. The old man kept following me. He had noticed the way I walked, and the way I have talked with the other sailors. Oh, Marcella, how can this be? How can merely a human see through the eyes of a monster that I had become, centuries ago? There wasn't enough time. I had to kill him, Marcella. I am sorry. But I want to come and see you again.

The ship had wrecked on an island. I had woken up, and saw it myself. For that, I must confess that I was the only survivor from the wreckage. It must be the strongest waves of the sea, which had punished the rest of the surviving sailors, whom I hadn't drink their blood.

But the problem was I felt alone, and that is what I must face for possible eternity, if I am not found. I have explored the island, and saw the animals, and drank their blood. It became enough for me to survive these days, but for how long? My coffin was still left intact, when I had woken up after the heavy thunderstorm.

But on this island, there were no humans on sight. I don't know what else I could do here. So, I have decided to write this letter to you, hoping that someone could find it within the bottle. You will know that I am still stranded on this island, and that you will search for me by any possible means necessary.

You are the only woman, I have ever known. You are the love of my life, and I shall never forget of our precious memories. I love you, Marcella.

Eternally Yours,

Count Marcus Vanhaussen

End of Volume 3.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Edited