Neo-Ultimate Marvel Pitch

Firestarter1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey everyone! My name is Firestarter, but I was formerly on this site on another account as AntiquePigz.

I've had this idea cooking in my head for a while of a universe of fanfic stories set in an original Marvel Universe, based off the Ultimate universe in the idea that it is a fresh start for characters and a re-imagining of some of their classic stories. However, I really do not have time to create and write these stories from scratch, so I wanted to pitch this idea to the ComicVine community and see if there was any interest from some of the writers on here to participate in this.

Essentially, the idea behind the Neo-Ultimate (Earth-1617) as I am calling it is exactly what I mentioned about: a group of writers creating a shared universe of stories based around their favorite characters, telling them in new and fresh ways as you see fit. If you choose to participate in this, you will have free reign to write whichever character or team you wish (assuming it has not already been chosen), and will have complete creative control over how their stories play out.

Since I don't really have the time to write many full-blown stories, my goal is to let whoever decides to join in on this take the reigns in the creative side, and my role will be more of the curating sort. I'll be making sure that the continuity is kept fairly straight between the series ( as I said, I want this to be a shared universe of connected stories) as well as helping plan the future of the continuity, without getting too in the weeds with everybody's stories. I am NOT going to be interfering with the nitty-gritty of your stories, only helping in keeping the direction and continuity of the universe straight moving forward. If I ever deny an idea someone has, it will only be because it is either contradictory to something someone has already written before, or because it is blatantly offensive or derogatory. Otherwise, the reigns are yours.

I would also ask that whenever someone wants to put out a story under the 'Neo-Ultimate' label, you run with pitch by me first, just to ensure it fits with what's established for this world.

As far as what's the "vision" I have, it's simply be creative with your stories! Whatever you're writing, take the wealth of material that already exists and turn it into something all of your own. Reimagine classic characters/stories. Create new heroes and villains if you want, or new teams for existing characters. Just tell stories you want to tell, and don't be afraid to be different with it.

If you are at all interested in this, feel free to either comment on here or DM me, and we can workshop some ideas. This is just a fun idea I've been thinking about for a while and thought it'd be cool to hope on here and gauge some interest from everybody.

Firestarter1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Couple things I immediately realized I forgot to mention.

1). Since this is intended as a big group project of sorts, depending on the size of the group, it would be cool to do some crossover with everyone's stories, or even at some point do a big event. That's down the line for sure, but if this gets going it could be something cool to work together and brainstorm ideas for.

2). If this does get going, I'd like to get together with some of the artists on the fanart forum and maybe see if they'd want to work with the authors of the stories to design Neo-Ultimate versions of these characters. Could be a good way to visualize a more unique look for these characters

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@firestarter1: This is the most overreaching "write me something" post I've seen in a long time. Well done.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@firestarter1: You start us off, and a bunch of us will probably join, but we'll need a starting point

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

That reads great. It really does. But it boils down to "Write original fanfic under this banner" you need a hook. An angle. Marvel Iron Age went hard because it was original fanfic but it had a hook. You would probably have better luck using your enthusiasm and making a new world with rules and setting and delicious, meaty HOOKS.

Like Batz said, make a sandbox, then invite people to play with you. In all sincerity, good luck with your project.