Black Panther Wakanda Forever short review

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

It pains me to say that the movie is not that good. It used Chadwick's death to cover for bad writing and shallow plot. Riri Williams was cool, and so was Namor so that's good. Shuri couldn't carry this film, her role felt undeserved. Killing Tchalla with Chadwick was a mistake, and you feel that. The Black Panther is gone forever, thanks to Marvel. Hopefully the character returns in the future. I give Wakanda Forever a 5/10.

God_Vulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

he Black Panther is gone forever, thanks to Marvel.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I haven't seen the movie but the Black Panther's right there, you must have missed her.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By TheAmazingSpidey

@g2_: Sad to say I agree with you. The movie was tremendously disappointing.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God_Vulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g2_ said:

@god_vulcan: Black Panther is T'challa

They're both Black Panther, similar to how both Sam and Steve are Captain America.

SpongeGar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SpongeGar

I've been saying they should've re-casted BP, but certain fans don't want to for some reason

God_Vulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been saying they should've recasted BP, but certain fans don't want to for some reason

its distasteful, T'Challa's stories will be given to whoever has the mantle next. It honours the actor and the character

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 death4bunnies  Online

@g2_ said:

They're both Black Panther, similar to how both Sam and Steve are Captain America.

Ye this is Captain America all over again.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

These are mantles, and as of now Sam is Captain America and Suri is Black Panther.

J_Normal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By J_Normal

Well that’s disappointing

Probably gonna take a break from CBMs for a while. Unless a man by the name of James Gunn is directing

SaiHuter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I wish they recasted. T'challa only appeared in 4 movies but I don't really count endgame since he was barley on screen. Steve Rodgers appeared in 7 movies before Sam took over. Tony Stark appeared In 9 or 10 movies before RI ri Williams came into the picture. So far I don't believe I've seen enough of T'Challa yet. It doesn't matter what happened in the comics because I'm pretty sure that T'Challa had plenty of stories told before Shuri took over.

joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@g2_: how was the acting in the film some say that Angela Bassett is a no brainer for the Oscar’s this year at least nominated

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You hater

CryoLancer47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By CryoLancer47
@death4bunnies said:
@god_vulcan said:
@g2_ said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

These are mantles, and as of now Sam is Captain America and Suri is Black Panther.

By this logic, anyone can be Spider-Man as long as they get the name & suit. And it doesn't matter whether they've earned it or not.

There's a big difference between earning the mantle you have, and being handed the mantle like how someone hands down a cookie.

MCU Sam didn't earn the mantle at all like Steve.

Bucky, Isaiah, and John Walker earned it more than him through their actions and words. And as much as the show tried to demonize John Walker, he still ended up being more fit to be Captain America when compared to Sam.

Same goes for MCU Shuri. She didn't earn the title of Black Panther. And just because her comic version had the mantle, doesn't mean that the MCU version taking it is fine and people should accept it like how it went with Sam. Because when you compare them, even he earned his mantle more than Shuri did.

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Dmnb2wavy

@cryolancer47:

By this logic, anyone can be Spider-Man as long as they get the name & suit. And it doesn't matter whether they've earned it or not.

i mean hasn’t this already happened before? Miles took over Spider-Man role when he died and it’s not like he “earned“ it until later on.

Bucky, Isaiah, and John Walker earned it more than him through their actions and words. And as much as the show tried to demonize John Walker, he still ended up being more fit to be Captain America when compared to Sam.

Bucky was a assassin for a couple years. Say what you want about him being caps physical match in every way but I think people would feel some type of way about the dude becoming cap More so than Sam.

and how does John walker fit the role better than sam?

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BullPR
Subline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies said:
@god_vulcan said:
@g2_ said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

There's a big difference between earning the mantle you have, and being handed the mantle like how someone hands down a cookie.

MCU Sam didn't earn the mantle at all like Steve.

Same goes for MCU Shuri. She didn't earn the title of Black Panther. And just because her comic version had the mantle, doesn't mean that the MCU version taking it is fine and people should accept it like how it went with Sam. Because when you compare them, even he earned his mantle more than Shuri did.

Yes anyone can be Spider-Man, there was a whole movie with that concept actually

No Caption Provided

and how did Sam not earn it? That is ridiculous

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By KillianDuclark

Bruh..what are some of the takes I'm reading about superhero mantles and how they should be passed on?

No random character should just be allowed to get up and become Spider Man. I mean in theory someone can, but original fans aren't supposed to just like the new mantle bearer just .....because.

The example given with Miles is super disingenuous. Movie Miles went through an emotional arc and training spurred on by Peter B Parker spiderman. And it's only after that before he truly became the spiderman of his reality.

In short he earned the title. And that's why people much prefer movie Miles over comic or game Miles. It wasn't just handed to him just because he had spider powers and the OG died.

That being said the position of Black Panther in the MCU is inherited via physical strength/skill not strength of character. And it hasn't officially been changed yet. So by the "might is right" rules established in the MCU, the strongest Wakandan should be the black panther and that's M'Baku.

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Dmnb2wavy

@killianduclark:

@killianduclark:

The example given with Miles is super disingenuous. Movie Miles went through an emotional arc and training spurred on by Peter B Parker spiderman. And it's only after that before he truly became the spiderman of his reality.

At this point what does it even mean to “earn” the mantle? It honestly just seems flip floppy from what your saying. Character growth? Both falcon and miles have that. Training? Sam fought along side with cap for some time watching and studying his moves analyzing what he stood for And peter b barely trained miles to begin with. The idea that a character has to “earn” a mantle is ridiculous in itself honestly because it’s disregards the fact that the same characters who took up these mantles originally cap, Spider-Man,ext also had humble beginnings and had to grow into becoming their best selfs.

In short I think it’s better to ask if these characters can actually live up to their roles rather than asking if they deserve it in the first place.

And that’s how I feel about shuri as well

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g2_: You mind spoiling the post credit scene for me? I saw somewhere it reveals Nakia is pregnant with T’Challa’s son.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shuri couldn't carry this film

This is what I've been saying the entire time. Shuri is a fine side character, but she's not nearly compelling enough to be a lead.

Dear Marvel: if you wanted someone who actually could've been a great new lead, Okoye was right there.

NovaPrime2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shuri couldn't carry this film

This is what I've been saying the entire time. Shuri is a fine side character, but she's not nearly compelling enough to be a lead.

Dear Marvel: if you wanted someone who actually could've been a great new lead, Okoye was right there.

I agree with this. No doubt she was given the lead due to her unexpected popularity.

apokoliptian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NovaPrime2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a real shame they killed off Killmonger in the first one. I reckon this would've been a great chance at a redemption story for him, and MBJ definitely would've carried the film had he been the lead.

SuperDarth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If CV says it's bad I'm definitely going to watch it.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By g2_
Avatar image for chris2kzombieki
chris2kzombieki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g2_: I've heard extremely different things from friends who saw the movie. Most have said it was an 8/10 and they are known for not using Bias goggles. So now I'm a bit confused.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Ghostodoofus2

I now know better than to expect more from this film, thanks.

SuperDarth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having now watched the movie, I disagree heavily with this review.

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By KillianDuclark

Agree. Film managed to disappoint me despite me actively setting my expectations to be reasonably low

chris2kzombieki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By chris2kzombieki
@superdarth said:

Having now watched the movie, I disagree heavily with this review.

Just finished the movie, it's an 8 for me. The reason I'm seeing a lot of low reviews is because it isn't as good as the first, which no shit. It wasn't mean to be. Nor should it have been. It was a good movie. It was an emotional, well built movie with actual story. And unlike what people on vine say, Shuri's arc did carry this movie, and it was damn good. Her and Namor brought up a lot of this film for me.

I'm starting people on vine don't have a sense for what a good movie is. First saying Love and Thunder is worse than Batman Vs Superman (In addition I saw arguments for Civil War being worse too) now this? Just no. Go watch the movie. Its worth it.

SuperDarth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chris2kzombieki: I agree with you completely. A lot of Comic Vine users are just biased against the MCU (see people hating on both Avengers and Endgame). I hope more people see your comment.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

people just upset it’s a woman honestly (not directed at the op i’m talking about others i’ve seen commenting in general)

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 takenstew22  Moderator

First saying Love and Thunder is worse than Batman Vs Superman (In addition I saw arguments for Civil War being worse too)

What's wrong with this? It's certainly worse than those two imo.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmmm... 5 out of 10 as the OP says is a wee bit low IMO. I would say something like 7 out of 10 as that is more in the Okay Range. I mean honestly even from the trailers I was never really hyped for it but I went to see it with some Family and it was Okay. It had it's moments of quality but I can see the problems with it too. I would have rather had them recast T'Challa as well though I appreciate the Chadwick Boseman tribute.

chris2kzombieki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#40  Edited By nassergrant19
@emmafrostxmen said:

people just upset it’s a woman honestly (not directed at the op i’m talking about others i’ve seen commenting in general)

It’s objectively not that great tho. Definitely a massive step down from the first film. No one cares about if it’s a woman. That’s a pretty problematic approach that can be used to lazily deflect any legitimate criticism. It’s the same as saying people didn’t like L&T since a male character named Thor is the strongest Avenger again. It’s not honest or a valid representation of what people are feeling at all.

I think people really are upset that Chadwick Boseman’s death was used as a marketing ploy in addition to the film itself having many issues on its own.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#41  Edited By krisbishop  Moderator

It was just alright. The trailer was really good though, which made it disappointing in a way.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 takenstew22  Moderator

@takenstew22: no I saw civil war being worse than BvS

I was talking about L&T being worse than both which I agree with.

BigBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I heard it was good....