Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10266 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

Storm kills magneto in uncanny X men #8?

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I saw that after she hit him with lighting, he did not show up until Nate "revived" him, i thought he was immune to eletricity

Avatar image for shepardoakenprime
    ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ShepardOakenPrime

I don't think she killed him, at least I'd be furious if they had her kill him seemingly off panel, I'm already not happy with how they portrayed it overall.

Due to Rosenberg's reply to a tweet posted in their pages battle thread it seems Magneto's still pretty messed up power wise. Claremont also had a simulation of her harm him so it's been a consistent thing.

There's also simply the fact that there is no reason he should be able to handle the heat and concussive force from her bolts. But apart from that even in their earlier battles it was established he couldn't handle a full powered bolt when he only took her hand lightning and lightning he needed to be filtered through herself first. That last point has also been consistent, she filtered lighting through herself to empower Polaris but when she later attacked her she was knocked out from her lightning, and the same process was true for Cyclops. Storm even continued to strike him in one panel in their earlier battles and he looked effected indicating she was putting more effort into putting him down.

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By WaitOmegaStorm

@shepardoakenprime: thanks for explaining the part of eletrecity,maybe i consider it a KO,it is funny because storm beat him with a regular attack

pollymars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pollymars

@waitomegastorm said:

I saw that after she hit him with lighting, he did not show up until Nate "revived" him, i thought he was immune to eletricity

First of all, Magneto is not immune to high voltage (pressure) and Storm struck him down by intensifying the volume of pressure.

Secondly, charge particles rejuvenates Magneto, he can't be damaged by electric flow -- but pressure he can.

And Lastly, Electricity and Lightning, aren't technically the same. Lightning is just one particular form and observation of Electricity in action. But they are "different" in terms of their mechanics and control.

The differences are lightening is a natural phenomena that occurs when there is a big difference in charge between different areas of cloud/ sky and lightning is not controlled or contained.

Electricity is the generic word we use for the force of nature of which Lightning is an example of. But Electricity” itself is the various effects of electrons, their potential energy, their current, the electrical and magnetic fields they generate under different circumstances. This energy can be controlled and can be manipulated to do work.

Another difference is that you can survive in electricy but in lightning you can't.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's not immune to lightning. He can absorb lightning after its been safely filtered through Storm's body, but he can't take raw lightning.

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By WaitOmegaStorm
    WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Stormcell

I should also mention that the fact he absorbs safely filtered lightning also means he can be overloaded by it since even his power of magnetism (he primary power) has limits.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.