kataraaaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Is Zuko Weaker in Legend of Korra?

No Caption Provided

Do you think Zuko became weaker with his old age? Whether it be based on inferior bending (stats or skill wise), or physicals?

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yes

Edgelord91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. Same for toph and katara which is explicitly stated by Toph. By feats he lost to the red lotus (who had been stuck in prison for years) while he was part of the team that beat them the first time

psychoboy4EVA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Old Zuko's scale of attacks against Ghazan was smaller than what he commanded in his youth, even when spamming his attacks. However, that can be excused by the North Pole nerf.

What's clear is that his physicals are decisively worse. Which is consistent with Toph and Katara still being bending titans, even more so than their younger selves as they've continued to improve across the years, but now being physically less able to engage in combat. They're pushing 90, after all.

That's how he lost to Ghazan. Here's how young Zuko would've dealt with those attacks from Ghazan.

kataraaaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kataraaaa

@psychoboy4eva: @edgelord91: To be fair, we don’t know the implications of the Red Lotus capture. Or whom Zuko actually defeated while participating in it, or how they did it and so-on. I also don’t think Zuko is really excused for environmental disadvantage, since Ghazan was working with little to no earth either.

Toph said she’s weaker than her “prime”, which is most likely the Toph we see in the Yakone flashbacks, and not referring to herself in ATLA. Though I don’t think it’s that cut and dry, Zuko was never a bending titan the way Toph and Katara were, nor did he manipulate the element to the scale that they did. He was significantly superior to them physically however. There’s also Bumi and Iroh, who are just fine physically despite old age.

I always assumed he was weaker in LOK myself but I wonder if there’s anyone who thinks he isn’t

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 cocacolaman  Moderator

Moved this to the other forum just so you know

I think the Old Gaang got worse in physicals but better in bending. The issue is that they are connected, more for Firebenders than others. So he probably did get weaker, which is consistent with feats.

Supreme101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Old

Edgelord91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kataraaaa: oh I thought you meant prime zuko. Compared to series Zuko I'd say he's around book 2 level

Ben2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

MinhCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In terms of bending skill he should be a good deal better, but his heavy deterioration in physicals - what I would argue is young Zuko's most shining trait - leaves him a fair bit worse-off as a combatant.

Where a young Zuko would have reacted to, weaved around, kicked aside or outright taken damage to make it to the long haul against adversaries above him in combative ability, old Zuko can't endure long against someone capable of even just matching him in a head-to-head engagement - as it doesn't take long after for his weakened physical responses to come into play. (Understandable considering how old he is by this point.)

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course he is. He’s ancient

chloros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the physicals department I would say yes. I think only certain characters are exceptions to getting older and staying consistent like Bumi and Kyoshi.

JJKHead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes, hes slightly weaker in raw power and significantly weaker in physicals.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By nassergrant19

This bum was always weak.

That‘s why he has to hide behind his “throne” in fear of getting neg-diffed by his childhood bully again💔🐶😭.

Weakling on the Fire Nation Throne Even the writers know he’s ass💀😭😭

No Caption Provided

Until further notice, Ozai was right. He was nothing but a failure.

No Caption Provided